Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,848 members, 7,810,270 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:03 AM

Umu Igbo Alliance (chicago) Igbo Ezue: Launching the Igbo Renaissance! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Umu Igbo Alliance (chicago) Igbo Ezue: Launching the Igbo Renaissance! (2487 Views)

Bukky Shonibare Blast Aisha Buhari For Launching Book On ChibokGirls Anniversary / Presidency In Dilemma Over Four Gov's Secret Alliance With APC. / Umu Igbo Unite Annual Convention - 2010 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Umu Igbo Alliance (chicago) Igbo Ezue: Launching the Igbo Renaissance! by udezue(m): 6:22pm On Jul 28, 2010
http://www.umuigboalliance.org/lir/

http://igborenaissance.eventbrite.com/
CLICK HERE: http://www.umuigboalliance.org/lir/

Get ready for the Igbo Renaissance!

Finally revealed, what will be the largest and most important gathering of Igbo young people in the nation’s history;
Pulling from young adult Igbo organizations in over 10 states and from more than 16 cities;
Hosted in the best summer time city in America – Chicago, aka “Summertime Chi”

Offering something for everyone:

* 10,000 Igbo people at the annual IGBOFEST
* Concert featuring the hottest Igbo performances
* Igbo Language and Culture workshops and seminars
* Experience THE TAKEOVER after-party - Chicago nightlife at its finest
* Leadership Symposium for Igbo organizations from around the country
* Networking with young Igbo professionals

[b]
Announcing: “Igbo Ezue: Launching the Igbo Renaissance”[/b]You don’t want to miss out on this important event! JULY 29TH – AUGUST 1ST 2010 will be a defining moment in our history.Want to meet and learn about organizations for young Igbo adults? We have that. Interested in the launching of an online Igbo language course? We're doing it. Want to establish a collective agenda for our generation? We are starting it. If you just want to have fun, Summertime Chi is it. Don’t miss out!

Make sure to register for the package deal. It includes tickets to all the events plus room and board. Attendees will be housed in newly built (2009) housing on the campus of Dominican University just minutes outside of downtown Chicago.

Who is going? Umu Igbo wennem, if you are in Chicago or in the states and can attend, please do. Igbo Development Group aka IDG will be represented by me.
Re: Umu Igbo Alliance (chicago) Igbo Ezue: Launching the Igbo Renaissance! by THEAMAKA(f): 7:44pm On Jul 28, 2010
so this is the same event that will also be held in Houston?
so basically its the same event taking place in different cities across the nation?
Re: Umu Igbo Alliance (chicago) Igbo Ezue: Launching the Igbo Renaissance! by EzeUche(m): 7:45pm On Jul 28, 2010
Why not have one on the EAST COAST! angry

Like in Baltimore or DC?
Re: Umu Igbo Alliance (chicago) Igbo Ezue: Launching the Igbo Renaissance! by THEAMAKA(f): 7:46pm On Jul 28, 2010
why not have it on the west coast! LOL cheesy
Re: Umu Igbo Alliance (chicago) Igbo Ezue: Launching the Igbo Renaissance! by EzeUche(m): 7:55pm On Jul 28, 2010
THE AMAKA:

why not have it on the west coast! LOL cheesy

Because there are not many Igbos on the West Coast compared to the ones found in Chicago, Texas and New York/Baltimore-DC
Re: Umu Igbo Alliance (chicago) Igbo Ezue: Launching the Igbo Renaissance! by THEAMAKA(f): 7:56pm On Jul 28, 2010
EzeUche:

Because there are not many Igbos on the West Coast compared to the ones found in Chicago, Texas and New York/Baltimore-DC
I know that, but. . . wink
never mind.
Re: Umu Igbo Alliance (chicago) Igbo Ezue: Launching the Igbo Renaissance! by udezue(m): 8:11pm On Jul 28, 2010
Umu Igbo ALLIANCE
is not the Umu Igbo UNITE

Kinda sorta the same goals but Chicago one I must go to. Conference, concerts, banquet, etc
UMU IGBO ALLIANCE is Chicago based. They DON'T move around like UIU.

I live in houston so UIU is gonna get my support when they come to Houston. I know them.
Re: Umu Igbo Alliance (chicago) Igbo Ezue: Launching the Igbo Renaissance! by THEAMAKA(f): 8:12pm On Jul 28, 2010
udezue:

Umu Igbo ALLIANCE
is not the Umu Igbo UNITE

Kinda sorta the same goals but Chicago one I must go to. Conference, concerts, banquet, etc
UMU IGBO ALLIANCE is Chicago based. They move around like UIU.

I live in houston so UIU is gonna get my support when they come to Houston. I know them.
OOOOOOO, gotcha wink
Re: Umu Igbo Alliance (chicago) Igbo Ezue: Launching the Igbo Renaissance! by ChinenyeN(m): 4:57pm On Jul 29, 2010
If something like this can be done in Maryland/D.C. area, then I'm likely to be there. . .
Re: Umu Igbo Alliance (chicago) Igbo Ezue: Launching the Igbo Renaissance! by asha80(m): 5:01pm On Jul 29, 2010
^^ To give them your piece of mind grin
Re: Umu Igbo Alliance (chicago) Igbo Ezue: Launching the Igbo Renaissance! by ChinenyeN(m): 5:05pm On Jul 29, 2010
asha 80:

^^ To give them your piece of mind  grin
grin Maybe. . . if they want to engage me in discussion. . .
Re: Umu Igbo Alliance (chicago) Igbo Ezue: Launching the Igbo Renaissance! by abadaba(m): 9:33pm On Jul 29, 2010
ChinenyeN:

grin Maybe. . . if they want to engage me in discussion. . .
Sharrapp anumanu, such gatherings are not for clannish bigots like you.
Re: Umu Igbo Alliance (chicago) Igbo Ezue: Launching the Igbo Renaissance! by ChinenyeN(m): 10:01pm On Jul 29, 2010
Abadaba, it seems as if you have joined the ranks of those on NL, like Andre, who love giving themselves hypertension over small matters. Long story short, and as I've stated many, many times before, me being an Ngwa loyalist does not (and has not) hinder[ed] me from communing with other Igbo, as a proud Igbo. Why you and co. here on NL fail to understand that is beyond me.
Re: Umu Igbo Alliance (chicago) Igbo Ezue: Launching the Igbo Renaissance! by Cohomology: 10:16pm On Jul 29, 2010
Cha Igbo Kwenu!
Cha Igbo Kwenu!
Mmama nu!

I'll go see the event on Saturday. Work won't allow me go outside of weekend.
Re: Umu Igbo Alliance (chicago) Igbo Ezue: Launching the Igbo Renaissance! by udezue(m): 5:47pm On Aug 04, 2010
ROFLMAOOOO @ Abadaba and Chineyen

Anywayz I missed the Chicago one. Mad I did. Had a lil problem making it there next year I go plan am well.
Re: Umu Igbo Alliance (chicago) Igbo Ezue: Launching the Igbo Renaissance! by ChinenyeN(m): 9:28pm On Aug 04, 2010
udezue:

ROFLMAOOOO @ Abadaba and ChinenyeN
grin Nnaa, I just don't understand this thing sometimes.
Re: Umu Igbo Alliance (chicago) Igbo Ezue: Launching the Igbo Renaissance! by Kobojunkie: 10:05pm On Aug 04, 2010
udezue:

ROFLMAOOOO @ Abadaba and Chineyen

Anywayz I missed the Chicago one. Mad I did. Had a lil problem making it there next year I go plan am well.

YOu didn't miss much . . . unless what I saw is what you like. I was in the area and decided through. The crowd was really not organized and it seemed people were just there to eat and converse with each other rather than actually do anything else. I did attend the picnic . . had nothing to do on saturday and it was equally not organize. You could tell right from the fence that it was a Nigerian gathering.

Anyways, I stayed for about 3 hours( again,took time off work to explore chicago) and saw the masquerades, eat and just sit. Could barely hear anything the MC said.
Re: Umu Igbo Alliance (chicago) Igbo Ezue: Launching the Igbo Renaissance! by bkbabe97y(m): 10:08pm On Aug 04, 2010
This convention we attending in Houston. . . . Do I bring my own food or is there gonna be free dishes like most Nigerian parties? Im asking cus, if we gotta get our own human meat. . . . I gotta start trying to look for a few fattened chics to deceive into following me to our Ibo gathering!
Re: Umu Igbo Alliance (chicago) Igbo Ezue: Launching the Igbo Renaissance! by Kobojunkie: 10:15pm On Aug 04, 2010
Come on now . . . if it was anything like the CHicago fest, I think you will have more than enough food to chow down on there, I loved the rice. IT was well cooked . . . better than rice I had at my last Nigerian party. lol and the meat was cool!

(1) (Reply)

Wasting Our Money On Pilgrimage. / Senator Pius Ewerido Refuses To Pay Ex Millitant Gen Israel Akpodoro / The Looted Wealth Of James Ibori

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.