Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,166 members, 7,815,063 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:36 AM

‘you Must Defeat Boko Haram’ — Buhari Charges Soldiers - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ‘you Must Defeat Boko Haram’ — Buhari Charges Soldiers (748 Views)

Go After Criminals In Lagos, Ogun - Army Chief Lagbaja Charges Soldiers / Boko Haram: Buhari Turns To Russia For Military Support / Boko Haram: Buhari Warns Nigerians Against Politicising Soldiers’ Deaths (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

‘you Must Defeat Boko Haram’ — Buhari Charges Soldiers by damidodo: 5:09pm On Nov 28, 2018
President Muhammadu Buhari has told soldiers that the war against Boko Haram is a “must win”.

The president said this on Wednesday while delivering the keynote address at the 2018 edition of the the chief of army staff annual conference (COAS) in Maiduguri, Borno state.

Buhari had cancelled a private visit to Daura, his hometown in Katsina state, to attend the conference which was earlier scheduled to hold in Benin, Edo state capital.

He said his government would do everything within its powers to support the army, disclosing thathe is making efforts to improve the entitlements of soldiers.

He encouraged the soldiers to “keep up the good work and shun distraction”.

“I must commend the leadership of the Nigerian army in moving the venue of this conference to Maiduguri,” Buhari said.

“Our officers and soldiers who are fighting terrorism in the north-east deserve all the attention our country’s leadership can demonstrate to them.

“As president of the country, I am determined to ensure that every citizen feels safe and secure in all parts of the country.

“I am of course aware that in the recent months and in the recent days, there have been some operational losses in the northern part of Borno state.

I know that you are doing your best to reverse this trend and I want to assure you that no effort will be spared in providing the necessary support you require to complete the task. we remain committed to ending the crisis in the north east and making the entire area safe for all. I urge you all to keep up the good work.

“It is a must win war. I want to encourage our troops not to be distracted but remain focused and committed to the task of eliminating Boko Haram from the surface of the earth.

“I want to assure you, that as your commander in chief, I will do everything within my power to continue empowering you by providing all the necessary equipment for you to prevail on the field.

“I also want you to be aware that I am currently looking at measures to improve your entitlements and welfare generally.

“I therefore wish to reiterate that leaders of all strata of our society including the armed forces must embrace the wind of change that is blowing across the country for good.”

Two weeks ago, Boko Haram reportedly killed over 100 soldiers in Borno.

SOURCE: http://www.nigerianeye.com/2018/11/you-must-defeat-boko-haram-buhari.html
Re: ‘you Must Defeat Boko Haram’ — Buhari Charges Soldiers by OgogoroFreak(m): 5:11pm On Nov 28, 2018
Defeat bokoharam with planks?

3 Likes

Re: ‘you Must Defeat Boko Haram’ — Buhari Charges Soldiers by manmoraskk: 5:11pm On Nov 28, 2018
Yes, with cutlass, knife � and bottles. Nonsense.
Re: ‘you Must Defeat Boko Haram’ — Buhari Charges Soldiers by jakD: 5:12pm On Nov 28, 2018
Our president has gone mad again!
No good weapon, not even a plan of getting them good weapons or probing why the soldiers are not properly equipped!
Well, it's over!
Re: ‘you Must Defeat Boko Haram’ — Buhari Charges Soldiers by opera1(m): 5:12pm On Nov 28, 2018
Defeat Boko Haram with Dane guns?

1 Like

Re: ‘you Must Defeat Boko Haram’ — Buhari Charges Soldiers by Fierce11: 5:17pm On Nov 28, 2018
Shut up there! Have you given them enough and "better" ammunitions? Bastard vagabondish dullard.

Re: ‘you Must Defeat Boko Haram’ — Buhari Charges Soldiers by chinchong: 5:21pm On Nov 28, 2018
This man is just too clueless. No matter how hot your words are, they can never boil yam not to talk of winning war. Wars are not won by mouth.
You and your service Chief and them useless, potbellied generals will be flexing inside well furnished mansion with whores of different yansh sizes while expecting our men to go face Book boys with such guns that can't even take down a church rat.

What is buratai still doing in the army after series of corruption allegation?

Birds of same feather do flock together anyway. Like Buhari, like Buratai. Both are lifeless nincompoop!

1 Like

Re: ‘you Must Defeat Boko Haram’ — Buhari Charges Soldiers by thesicilian: 5:27pm On Nov 28, 2018
OgogoroFreak:
It's the sad thing about having an incompetent man as president.

1 Like

Re: ‘you Must Defeat Boko Haram’ — Buhari Charges Soldiers by MichaelBukamzy(m): 5:33pm On Nov 28, 2018
chief boko haram has spoken.
Re: ‘you Must Defeat Boko Haram’ — Buhari Charges Soldiers by Olatunji1929: 5:34pm On Nov 28, 2018
You must lead the fight as you promised
Re: ‘you Must Defeat Boko Haram’ — Buhari Charges Soldiers by leke12(m): 5:41pm On Nov 28, 2018
I dont really understand why politicians and religious leaders are playing with fire. ISIS and extremist fighters are mopping up for a major attack on the North East and everyone is there playing politics .

Few Northern and southern leaders(political &religious ) condemned their actions, thinking they have a lot to gain(money and political scores) in the long run. I have few points of deduced from these scenario :-

1. Islamic expansionist agenda( to take over Nigeria and other Africa countries ).i.e Islamic caliphate

2. At least 1 state is needed for the expansionists to capture in northern part, to serve as a launch pad to other Northern states.

3. If the Northern part is eventually captured , then the southern part is gone , full and brutal force will be launch to all the southern parts.

4. If Most of Nigeria is captured, then west Africa countries will follow suit.

5.Most of our leaders in the political , military , religion sphere have been bought over.

6. extremist fighters are not only from Nigeria , they are recruited all over the world.
Re: ‘you Must Defeat Boko Haram’ — Buhari Charges Soldiers by Nobody: 5:42pm On Nov 28, 2018
Defeat the same Boko haram we were told have been defeated? kiss

1 Like

Re: ‘you Must Defeat Boko Haram’ — Buhari Charges Soldiers by Racoon(m): 5:44pm On Nov 28, 2018
Same BH your government have "technically defeated " What was the $1B counter insurgency funds been used for? So It's no more Buhari defeating BH but the hapless distraughted Nigerian soldiers? It will never be well with this man.

1 Like

Re: ‘you Must Defeat Boko Haram’ — Buhari Charges Soldiers by Nobody: 5:45pm On Nov 28, 2018
Defeat soldiers with brooms and sticks? undecided

Oga, what happened to the $1b loan you took for the procurement of ammunitions? undecided
Re: ‘you Must Defeat Boko Haram’ — Buhari Charges Soldiers by Sunnymatey(m): 6:00pm On Nov 28, 2018
Yes, sweep them with broom
Re: ‘you Must Defeat Boko Haram’ — Buhari Charges Soldiers by sunnymix: 6:59pm On Nov 28, 2018
without weapons abi...
BUHARI WERE IS OUR $1BN
Re: ‘you Must Defeat Boko Haram’ — Buhari Charges Soldiers by ZKOSOSO(m): 7:02pm On Nov 28, 2018
With Catapult, stones and sticks...!

Please can someone help us invoke Abacha to come carry his twin brother home? The Dullard is annoying us every second...!
Re: ‘you Must Defeat Boko Haram’ — Buhari Charges Soldiers by Omeokachie: 7:41pm On Nov 28, 2018
They will use the new karate moves the lifeless one taught them in defeating Boko haram.
Re: ‘you Must Defeat Boko Haram’ — Buhari Charges Soldiers by Ishilove: 8:04pm On Nov 28, 2018
MajorJeffery:
Defeat soldiers with brooms and sticks? undecided

Oga, what happened to the $1b loan you took for the procurement of ammunitions? undecided
*Ammunition* (inf. ammo)

Uncountable noun.

In this context, singular form is more ideal.
Re: ‘you Must Defeat Boko Haram’ — Buhari Charges Soldiers by Nobody: 8:21pm On Nov 28, 2018
Ishilove:

*Ammunition* (inf. ammo)

Uncountable noun.

In this context, singular form is more ideal.
Thank you ma'am, my phone auto corrected wronged the word.
Re: ‘you Must Defeat Boko Haram’ — Buhari Charges Soldiers by Nobody: 8:21pm On Nov 28, 2018
"I want to assure you, that as your commander in chief, I will do everything within my power to continue empowering you by providing all the necessary equipment for you to prevail on the field."

Soldiers, believe this at your own peril. Take off your uniforms and run, don't let northern elits play politics with your lives.
Re: ‘you Must Defeat Boko Haram’ — Buhari Charges Soldiers by EmirAbj: 8:33pm On Nov 28, 2018
This Man Called Buhari Or Jubril Is Totally Confused, He Said Nigeria Has Defeated Boko Haram Why Not Charging Zombies Nigeria Soldiers To Defeat Boko Haram Again
Re: ‘you Must Defeat Boko Haram’ — Buhari Charges Soldiers by Ishilove: 10:20pm On Nov 28, 2018
MajorJeffery:
Thank you ma'am, my phone auto corrected wronged the word.
You're welcome, sir.
Re: ‘you Must Defeat Boko Haram’ — Buhari Charges Soldiers by annnikky(f): 10:29pm On Nov 28, 2018
With their bare hands I guess undecided why not be at the war front to help them defeat the boko boys.. Nonsense undecided
Re: ‘you Must Defeat Boko Haram’ — Buhari Charges Soldiers by OreMI22: 11:10pm On Nov 28, 2018
OgogoroFreak:

Exactly!

They wont adequately arm the troops, yet they want them to defeat Boko haram that is well armed to the teeth?
Re: ‘you Must Defeat Boko Haram’ — Buhari Charges Soldiers by Olujoe1(m): 12:29am On Nov 29, 2018
The feat book a ram with shakabula

(1) (Reply)

I Enjoy Gifts From Lesbians-popular Curvy Actress / See Photos Of Dino Melaye On Wheelchair / Why Is Good Atiku Did Not Participate In The Debate ~deboysben

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.