Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,100 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:54 AM

Naming Ceremony - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Naming Ceremony (8836 Views)

Etiquettes Of Naming Children In Islam / Baby Naming In Islam And The Modern Society. / Pls Is Islamic Naming The 7th Day Or 8th Day ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Naming Ceremony by chiefImam2: 9:12pm On Jul 28, 2010
A Child born on Sunday{yaoma l ahad}, and the naming ceremony was done on Sunday {yaoma l ahad} the following week, and a child born on the same Sunday {yaoma l ahad}, and the naming ceremony was done on Saturday {yaoma s sabti}. Which is right?
And also how does this naming ceremony started, is it before the birth of the Holy Prophet Muhammad S.A.W.
Why this Question?=
It is because people are being confused on which is which. Pls I need answers from the Qur'an and Ahadeeth. God bless you as you answer. MA S SALAAM
Re: Naming Ceremony by zayhal(f): 7:15pm On Jul 29, 2010
Aqeeqah is done on the 7th day after a child is born( 0r 14th or 21st day if the 7th day isn't convenient due to one reason or the other). The day is counted if it is before maghrib, that is, if a child is born on a Sunday after maghrib, it is regarded that the child is born on Monday and the naming will be the following sunday but if it is before maghrib, then it is Sunday and the aqeeqah is done on the following Saturday.

There is this good book on aqeeqah, can't remember the name now, that's what I consult.
Re: Naming Ceremony by sodunsi: 3:15pm On Aug 02, 2010
is naming ceremony as we practise here (at least western nigeria) islamic? i understand one is supposed to name child immediately he/she is born and the wolimat 7days after! kindly shed more light.

Ma salaam!
Re: Naming Ceremony by zayhal(f): 1:04pm On Aug 06, 2010
yes the child could be named immediately after birth. It's not wrong also, to wait till 7days before naming the child. The Prophet (saw) practised both.

But the shaving of the hair and killing a ram should be on the seventh day.

And Allah knows best.

(1) (Reply)

What Will Happen On The Day Of Resurrection? / Why Can I Not Have A Muslim Girlfriend!!!???? / The Temptation Of The Lottery

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.