Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,767 members, 7,827,842 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:44 PM

"I Once Thought Of Drowning Myself In 3rd Mainland Bridge Cos Of Hate- Mocheddah - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / "I Once Thought Of Drowning Myself In 3rd Mainland Bridge Cos Of Hate- Mocheddah (233 Views)

Dj Michelle Found Alive After 24hrs Of Drowning In A Beach At Lekki / Omoni Oboli Had A Flat Tyre At 2am On 3rd Mainland Bridge (Photos) / Banky W Reacts To Sucide On 3rd Mainland Bridge By Lady Who Parked SUV & Jumped (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

"I Once Thought Of Drowning Myself In 3rd Mainland Bridge Cos Of Hate- Mocheddah by MsDoris(f): 11:02am On Nov 29, 2018
"I once thought of drowning myself in Third Mainland Bridge because People hated me' - Mo Cheddah Reveals

Newly wedded Nigerian rapper, Modupe-Oreoluwa Oyeyemi, better known as Mo’Cheddah has opened up on how she once considered jumping off Third Mainland Bridge. She revealed how she battled depression to the point of considering killing herself.

According to the 28-year-old fashion designer, her depression was caused by the attacks she received as a 16-year old in the music industry.

In an interview with DANG Network, she said;

“I was coming from a naive, God-fearing family and I went into the world of adults and I was thrown into a jungle and people did not care if I was 16, they attacked me."

“The industry was hostile. I would be performing and they would turn off my microphone because the A-list artist doesn’t like me. There was one day I looked at my Mum and told her ‘you taught me everything about love but you did not teach me to hate’.

“I don’t know why she did not, but the truth is there is hate in the world, so I went into the industry thinking everybody loved everybody. I didn’t understand that hate.”

Mo Cheddah went on to explain why she left her former label, Knighthouse records.

“The day I won the Channel O award, that was around when Twitter came out and people I knew started dragging me online. People started asking why I won the award, people starting questioning me and carrying stories around me,” she said.

“What broke me was that when I left my label. People chose to pick sides and obviously it wasn’t mine. I felt as if I had failed, especially because I had thought that business will pick up. They had so much hate for me............

Continue here: https://www.mimidoris.com/2018/11/i-once-thought-of-drowning-myself-in.html

(1) (Reply)

Trump To Name Dec. 5 A National Day Of Mourning For George H.W. Bush / Popular Nigerian Reggae Artiste Drops Another Hit - FREEDOM CRY / [HOT BANG] S Sonic - Ojin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.