Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,494 members, 7,816,176 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:05 AM

My 2-Month-Baby Did Not Poop For Three Days, Is This Normal? - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / My 2-Month-Baby Did Not Poop For Three Days, Is This Normal? (21689 Views)

I Am Too Sexually Active And Don't Come On Time, Is This Normal? Pls Advise / Experiencing Wet Dream Everyday; Is This Normal? / Coronavirus: Wuhan Reopens After 2-Month Lockdown (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My 2-Month-Baby Did Not Poop For Three Days, Is This Normal? by Jidibia(m): 5:51pm On Nov 29, 2018
felixmuyiwa:
Dear Nlder good mother,

My two months baby did not poop for three days and she is breast feeding normally.

is it normal or nor. You can also share your experience here to learn from it

NB. this is my first child.

Thanks
Go see a doctor please, I think they know best.
Re: My 2-Month-Baby Did Not Poop For Three Days, Is This Normal? by bestpunterever: 5:51pm On Nov 29, 2018
It's normal, when I was a baby I intentionally didn't poo for 1month.

6 Likes

Re: My 2-Month-Baby Did Not Poop For Three Days, Is This Normal? by philos(m): 5:52pm On Nov 29, 2018
It is very normal. Some babies can stay up to five days without pooing. But, if it exceeds a week, consult your paediatrician. Usually mother's may apply Vaseline. There are other remedies, anyway.
Congratulations on your safe delivery.

1 Like

Re: My 2-Month-Baby Did Not Poop For Three Days, Is This Normal? by Omoboricash(m): 5:52pm On Nov 29, 2018
I had the same experience with my first daughter. I took her to LASUTH, at the end of series of test nothing wrong with her.
My advice, take enoughtnof fruit and don't take too much of sugar.
Re: My 2-Month-Baby Did Not Poop For Three Days, Is This Normal? by Denikayan: 5:52pm On Nov 29, 2018
Madam, hospital straight
Re: My 2-Month-Baby Did Not Poop For Three Days, Is This Normal? by lyner(m): 5:52pm On Nov 29, 2018
If the baby is on exclusive, yes, it's normal.

Source: Experience from paediatrics unit, UNTH
Re: My 2-Month-Baby Did Not Poop For Three Days, Is This Normal? by lonelydora: 5:52pm On Nov 29, 2018
felixmuyiwa:
Dear Nlder good mother,

My two months baby did not poop for three days and she is breast feeding normally.

Thanks

Please don't mind all these single Nairalanders saying it's not normal
Re: My 2-Month-Baby Did Not Poop For Three Days, Is This Normal? by demoBaba: 5:53pm On Nov 29, 2018
You no fit slap the baby

1 Like

Re: My 2-Month-Baby Did Not Poop For Three Days, Is This Normal? by Lucifer66(m): 5:53pm On Nov 29, 2018
OLisaMacaulay:
Yes is normal,my baby is two months too, there was a time he didn't poop for 4days,
Man that's one very ugly baby.

4 Likes

Re: My 2-Month-Baby Did Not Poop For Three Days, Is This Normal? by AlexDeedat(m): 5:53pm On Nov 29, 2018
Get a cotton bud with Shea butter and warm water to through his/her anus. The baby will poop. Please while you do that, do it gently, he is a baby... Not the type you and your husband do...

My piece....

1 Like

Re: My 2-Month-Baby Did Not Poop For Three Days, Is This Normal? by Mbolly(f): 5:56pm On Nov 29, 2018
It is perfectly normal ma,sometimes it could take about a week,be rest assured...its nothing to be alarmed about,but hope you are eating lots of fruits and you could also do tummy exercises for your baby, you can check youtube for this and also put a little vaseline in the bum just incase of constipation.. this happened to my baby and i rushed to the hospital but i was told to calm down and not worry as it was perfectly normal.....welldone Mummy ,its not easy being a 1st time mum...get ready for when that poop eventually comes because its going to be an explosion�quote author=felixmuyiwa post=73406954]Dear Nlder good mother,

Thanks[/quote]
Re: My 2-Month-Baby Did Not Poop For Three Days, Is This Normal? by bethyz(m): 5:56pm On Nov 29, 2018
My sisters one year 7 month baby hasnt poo for close to 5 days now. Its like when she want to poo she finds it unconfortable she begins to sweat and cry for some minutes then it goes away.
The doctor advised water lite food but it hasnt helped her poo in anyway.
Re: My 2-Month-Baby Did Not Poop For Three Days, Is This Normal? by BOOMnaija(m): 5:58pm On Nov 29, 2018
End time baby
Re: My 2-Month-Baby Did Not Poop For Three Days, Is This Normal? by Mutemenot(m): 5:58pm On Nov 29, 2018
It's normal in children. Some can even stay 4 days without poo. If you are worried, let the mom feed on Orange or other fruits capable of softening her system. On e the baby feed from her breast the system 'll soften

1 Like

Re: My 2-Month-Baby Did Not Poop For Three Days, Is This Normal? by Pearl05(f): 5:58pm On Nov 29, 2018
If your baby is on strictly breast milk, eat plenty oranges( including the fiber) , it will help soften his bowel movement. But if you are on formula, just give him fresh orange juice( buy the orange and squeeze it yourself).

Or you can put Vaseline or palm kernel oil in your little finger and rub it inside his anus while bathing then press hot water well on his stomach. This will help him poop out.

But in all 2 days isn't much to make you worried. Some babies can stay up to a week without pooping .

2 Likes

Re: My 2-Month-Baby Did Not Poop For Three Days, Is This Normal? by NIGHTMARE0O7: 5:58pm On Nov 29, 2018
Oyindidi:
Nothing much to worry about, take him/her to the doctors if the baby is uncomfortable

My wife dis you buy that stuff?

1 Like

Re: My 2-Month-Baby Did Not Poop For Three Days, Is This Normal? by gaeul(f): 5:59pm On Nov 29, 2018
It's normal up till 8days if u are exclusively breastfeeding
Re: My 2-Month-Baby Did Not Poop For Three Days, Is This Normal? by damilarea2(m): 5:59pm On Nov 29, 2018
compuseun:
Go n eat water leaf soup, your baby will poo. I v experienced it before when my baby did not poo for days, i was told to eat water leaf soup which I did and my baby poo.
You have a point madam. If you take too much starchy food, it will affect the babe digestive system .

1 Like

Re: My 2-Month-Baby Did Not Poop For Three Days, Is This Normal? by rapid101(m): 5:59pm On Nov 29, 2018
OLisaMacaulay:
Yes is normal,my baby is two months too, there was a time he didn't poop for 4days,
Wow dis awesome
Re: My 2-Month-Baby Did Not Poop For Three Days, Is This Normal? by Pearl05(f): 6:00pm On Nov 29, 2018
bethyz:
My sisters one year 7 month baby hasnt poo for close to 5 days now. Its like when she want to poo she finds it unconfortable she begins to sweat and cry for some minutes then it goes away.
The doctor advised water lite food but it hasnt helped her poo in anyway.

Give the child oranges.
Re: My 2-Month-Baby Did Not Poop For Three Days, Is This Normal? by Seebest(m): 6:02pm On Nov 29, 2018
Yes, once you are still breastfeeding ,is very normal and nothing to worry about
Re: My 2-Month-Baby Did Not Poop For Three Days, Is This Normal? by ogbong: 6:03pm On Nov 29, 2018
I learnt that it is normal. The baby only takes breast milk which may take some days to form what the baby could poo. If you are not convinced, see a doctor but don't just heed to unfounded solutions
Re: My 2-Month-Baby Did Not Poop For Three Days, Is This Normal? by johnnychuks(m): 6:03pm On Nov 29, 2018
no much issue about that, even my two month old baby did the same last week, my baby did not poo for four days! as you about to bath the baby these evening first all use the hot water that you have prepaid just drop it direct into the baby anus after some time the baby will poo. after that thank me latter.
Re: My 2-Month-Baby Did Not Poop For Three Days, Is This Normal? by Nobody: 6:04pm On Nov 29, 2018
compuseun:
Go n eat water leaf soup, your baby will poo. I v experienced it before when my baby did not poo for days, i was told to eat water leaf soup which I did and my baby poo.
are you normal ? What happened to your sense ?
Re: My 2-Month-Baby Did Not Poop For Three Days, Is This Normal? by Nobody: 6:06pm On Nov 29, 2018
OLisaMacaulay:

See as pikin wowo like shit ....my eyes after seeing this nonsense ugliness

1 Like

Re: My 2-Month-Baby Did Not Poop For Three Days, Is This Normal? by Buffalo2(m): 6:06pm On Nov 29, 2018
Go and "bodi" for hin/her. Put ur little finger in a gel or ROBB and insert it gently into hus/her anus, one time, the thing ll come out sha ni

1 Like

Re: My 2-Month-Baby Did Not Poop For Three Days, Is This Normal? by technicallyrich(m): 6:10pm On Nov 29, 2018
It shall be well
Re: My 2-Month-Baby Did Not Poop For Three Days, Is This Normal? by MrOwonikoko: 6:11pm On Nov 29, 2018
felixmuyiwa:
Dear Nlder good mother,

Thanks

This happened to my daughter as at that age. What you will do is to robb a vaseline at your baby's anus and use a cotton bud gently inside her anus by steering it gently till your baby poos comes out. Thank me later!
Re: My 2-Month-Baby Did Not Poop For Three Days, Is This Normal? by Ghostmode2two(m): 6:14pm On Nov 29, 2018
Take her to see doctor don't be alarmed
Re: My 2-Month-Baby Did Not Poop For Three Days, Is This Normal? by davillian(m): 6:18pm On Nov 29, 2018
Better carry your baby to a hospital or call your mum or your husband's mum.
At least they would have handled such issues before.
Re: My 2-Month-Baby Did Not Poop For Three Days, Is This Normal? by tonyhoney: 6:18pm On Nov 29, 2018
NaijaRoyelty:

Take that photo down if that's your family
As if you know what is on my mind. Women and barbaric attitudes.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

340 New COVID-19 Cases,316 Discharged And 4 Deaths On August 21 -(4173 Tested) / Sister Has Fibroid But Afraid Of Surgery, Help With Alternative Solutions / ‘boy, 3, Who Drank Acid, Abandoned In LUTH’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.