Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,353 members, 7,812,004 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:03 AM

Arrest Of SEGUN ONIBIYO, Lawyer Issues Press Statement. - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Arrest Of SEGUN ONIBIYO, Lawyer Issues Press Statement. (11537 Views)

Prophet Segun Philip, Mother & Her Son Remanded For Killing, Eating LASU Student / Favour Daley-Oladele Murder: Adeeko Owolabi, Pastor Segun Philip Arrested / El-rufai Orders Arrest Of Segun Onibiyo Over Facebook Comment; Shehu Sani Reacts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arrest Of SEGUN ONIBIYO, Lawyer Issues Press Statement. by Basher8583: 5:45am On Dec 12, 2018
bemagnify:

your comment herein lacks substance.... the facts in issue here is the unlawful detention of the suspect and not even the freedom of expression.
if a citizen violates an applicable law the right tin to do is to prosecute the said person and not unlawful detention......the unlawful detention is a violation of s.35 of the 1999 Constitution of Federal Nigeria as amended

Freedom of speech does not guarantee freedom after speech.
You talk anyhow you see anyhow
So if I insult your mother here you will go to court according to the constitution abi.
And why are you ranting here by the way. Goto Kaduna and free him na.
Re: Arrest Of SEGUN ONIBIYO, Lawyer Issues Press Statement. by Basher8583: 5:54am On Dec 12, 2018
Ladies and gentlemen. This is the reason why we have to be responsible about exercising our freedom of speech.
Does the right to freedom of movement give any thief or unauthorised person the reason to enter my compound without my approval? Na betta dog go scatter him yash.
Summary:
If you want to express your freedom of speech in an irresponsible manner, be ready to take what comes after it.

1 Like

Re: Arrest Of SEGUN ONIBIYO, Lawyer Issues Press Statement. by Xisnin(m): 6:22am On Dec 12, 2018
PrinceBBlack:
Its sad that it is happening but still we need to be aware of some facts... there is freedom of exoression but doesnt mean freedom of expression can just be expressed. The government has actually tolerated hate speech from opposition and even from the citizens. We need to know where to stop. While i am condemning the fact that he should not be unlawfully detained, it dossnt stop the fact that he may be used as a scape goat to others on this so called freedom of speech. Can u write a hate speech about the president of USA and u think it u have a freedom of speech. We are lucky that things are not properly subjected to scrutinity. Let us be careful with the way we express ourselves
What is hate speech?
Re: Arrest Of SEGUN ONIBIYO, Lawyer Issues Press Statement. by Xisnin(m): 6:22am On Dec 12, 2018
ogundeleai:
If free speech is guaranteed, while is chelsea fan that made racists comment on Raheem sterling now facing the heat and clearly what could prevent his access to Stamford Bridge
Has he been arrested, locked up and tortured?
Is the UK government involved in his ordeal?
Re: Arrest Of SEGUN ONIBIYO, Lawyer Issues Press Statement. by Nobody: 6:34am On Dec 12, 2018
vivalavida:
Yoruba people won't complain ooo.
They will be wondering why that their loud mouthed brother Segun Onibiyo was giving out bad commentary bout their slave master.

Ogbeni use ur head. SW is different from north. Get that, there is no affinity between Yorubas and Hausas, and Yorubas don't support Buhari. The only thing is that, as PDP dominate SS/SE and APC dominates North, even though it looks like APC dominate SW but SW is always a divided region, just like u see it divided in religion, same thing in politics, u can never say SW belongs to a particular thing. All the APC election stuff in SW are mere vote buying, it doesn't mean people like abokiis, in fact 70% of Yorubas always make jest of abooki/fulani people because they see them as uncivilised barbaric tribe. Sometimes in SW, you will see huge number of people against Buhari, other times u see huge number support him, so SW is always divided in opinion doesn't belong to no one.

All those sarkin zombies etc who come here make noise all the time, most of them have up to 10 NL accounts. If each one of them post with his 10 accounts, you will be deceived thinking all SW support Buhari. Don't get it twisted. Some may support him but many others don't support him. Most yorubas are busy with their works don't have time to come to NL to be posting, it's only those jobless Zombies who come here all the time, that's why you all think Yoruba support Buhari. SW is the most complicated region to say this or that is who they support.
Re: Arrest Of SEGUN ONIBIYO, Lawyer Issues Press Statement. by forray(m): 6:53am On Dec 12, 2018
PrinceBBlack:
Its sad that it is happening but still we need to be aware of some facts... there is freedom of exoression but doesnt mean freedom of expression can just be expressed. The government has actually tolerated hate speech from opposition and even from the citizens. We need to know where to stop. While i am condemning the fact that he should not be unlawfully detained, it dossnt stop the fact that he may be used as a scape goat to others on this so called freedom of speech. Can u write a hate speech about the president of USA and u think it u have a freedom of speech. We are lucky that things are not properly subjected to scrutinity. Let us be careful with the way we express ourselves

How insane can one sound? Up till now, I can say there is nothing that is been said now that is as bad as what APC, especially the tyrant in Kaduna, Uncle Lai and the current president himself said pre 2015 election. They didn't just make hate speech according to them, but treasonable ones too. If not for a sane president we had then who understand the true principles of democracy, they won't be occupying the position the are now. They wld have been rotten in jail for life for treason, that they went ahead of threatening of forming a parallel government.

Tell me who has said something as terrible and low currently like they did pre 2015 election? They should do the needful and charge the young man to court if he has done anything and they should stop bastardizing our constitution

And for you lots supporting them, this beast they are creating is going to consume us all. No one will be spared. So make una continue.
Re: Arrest Of SEGUN ONIBIYO, Lawyer Issues Press Statement. by ebuka440: 7:06am On Dec 12, 2018
This el-rufai resembles an HIV patient
Re: Arrest Of SEGUN ONIBIYO, Lawyer Issues Press Statement. by backnbeta(f): 7:44am On Dec 12, 2018
vivalavida:
Yoruba people won't complain ooo.
They will be wondering why that their loud mouthed brother Segun Onibiyo was giving out bad commentary bout the air slave master.
Let's remove slave master from your post and replace it with Mr president..the rest...you are so right
Re: Arrest Of SEGUN ONIBIYO, Lawyer Issues Press Statement. by gidjah(m): 8:44am On Dec 12, 2018
Is it the same Segun Onibiyo my col!eague and friend I worked with in 2008? While In Kaduna state ?? Abeg u clear Hellrufai pls release him to his family biko,
Re: Arrest Of SEGUN ONIBIYO, Lawyer Issues Press Statement. by gidjah(m): 8:49am On Dec 12, 2018
[quote author=Gratefulheart01 post=73767925]

Ogbeni use ur head. SW is different from north. Get that, there is no affinity between Yorubas and Hausas, and Yorubas don't support Buhari. The only thing is that, as PDP dominate SS/SE and APC dominates North, even though it looks like APC dominate SW but SW is always a divided region, just like u see it divided in religion, same thing in politics, u can never say SW belongs to a particular thing. All the APC election stuff in SW are mere vote buying, it doesn't mean people like abokiis, in fact 70% of Yorubas always make jest of abooki/fulani people because they see them as uncivilised barbaric tribe. Sometimes in SW, you will see huge number of people against Buhari, other times u see huge number support him, so SW is always divided in opinion doesn't belong to no one.

All those sarkin zombies etc who come here make noise all the time, most of them have up to 10 NL accounts. If each one of them post with his 10 accounts, you will be deceived thinking all SW support Buhari. Don't get it twisted. Some may support him but many others don't support him. Most yorubas are busy with their works don't have time to come to NL to be posting, it's only those jobless Zombies who come here all the time, that's why you all think Yoruba support Buhari. SW is the most complicated region to say this or that is who they support. [/quote great post my brother , I can see that I have a soul tie here.Tinubu and his evil cronies have successfully handed over part of SW to d abokis, and so sorry he dosent now dem as much as I do! Just pray the few people ready to get things right in d SW shall unite .I worked with Segun personally in d same office in Kaduna in 2004-2008 b4 leaving Kaduna state but never knew he has gone to d next level like this o!.VERY ASTUTE ,hates injustice and can be very blunt
Re: Arrest Of SEGUN ONIBIYO, Lawyer Issues Press Statement. by LegalOpinion: 9:26am On Dec 12, 2018
mfm04622:

Freedom of expression doesn't mean some expressions are not criminal in nature!

Exactly! and again, I would like to draw his attention to section 35 subsection 5 (b).

A person arrested and detained MUST NOT be arraigned with 24hours. Indeed, there are grounds upon which the police can legally detain a person for a longer period.

1 Like

Re: Arrest Of SEGUN ONIBIYO, Lawyer Issues Press Statement. by PrinceBBlack(m): 10:53am On Dec 12, 2018
bemagnify:

your comment herein lacks substance.... the facts in issue here is the unlawful detention of the suspect and not even the freedom of expression.
if a citizen violates an applicable law the right tin to do is to prosecute the said person and not unlawful detention......the unlawful detention is a violation of s.35 of the 1999 Constitution of Federal Nigeria as amended
We are saying the same thing. Its wrong but its more than the unlawful detention... its is also a general advise i was giving so we dont get entangled into stuffs like this. Would anyone come abd pick u for not saying or do anything? Just saying
Re: Arrest Of SEGUN ONIBIYO, Lawyer Issues Press Statement. by PrinceBBlack(m): 10:57am On Dec 12, 2018
forray:

How insane can one sound? Up till now, I can say there is nothing that is been said now that is as bad as what APC, especially the tyrant in Kaduna, Uncle Lai and the current president himself said pre 2015 election. They didn't just make hate speech according to them, but treasonable ones too. If not for a sane president we had then who understand the true principles of democracy, they won't be occupying the position the are now. They wld have been rotten in jail for life for treason, that they went ahead of threatening of forming a parallel government.

Tell me who has said something as terrible and low currently like they did pre 2015 election? They should do the needful and charge the young man to court if he has done anything and they should stop bastardizing our constitution

And for you lots supporting them, this beast they are creating is going to consume us all. No one will be spared. So make una continue.
u r right? They should do the needful. But that doesnt mean it is under Buhari's instructions. While i am not partisan to any political party especially the PDP or APC, i only want a fair ground where these directs speeches should not be used to motivate the public. Its just wrong. The news agencies in Nigeria are also very controversial and loop sided cos even this news may not be entirely true. They intentionally omit the truth from their news sometimes to create stories that will cause turmoil.

1 Like

Re: Arrest Of SEGUN ONIBIYO, Lawyer Issues Press Statement. by jesutakewe(f): 10:00am On Dec 14, 2018
Bros, in America it is worse. Look that all the lies CNN & BBC, WP, NYT etc are telling against TRUMP and see how he helplessly refers to them as FAKE NEWS because he can't prosecute them. I'm not supporting HATE SPEECH o. I'm only pointing out the USA part you mentioned. Meanwhile didn't this govt benefit from hate speech in 2014?
PrinceBBlack:

(1) (2) (Reply)

Man Beheaded In Ebonyi-Benue Boundary Dispute / Police Arrest Two Over Identity Theft, Romance Scam In Abuja / Woman Charged For Raping Sleeping Man (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.