Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,793 members, 7,810,065 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:52 PM

ASUU - FG To Continue Negotiation Tomorrow (friday) - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ASUU - FG To Continue Negotiation Tomorrow (friday) (11996 Views)

Strike: ASUU, FG Continue Negotiation / ASUU Reacts To FG Withdrawal of 'No-Work-No-Pay' | Continue Negotiation Today (M / FG, ASUU Continue Negotiation Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

ASUU - FG To Continue Negotiation Tomorrow (friday) by campuscatch: 4:24pm On Nov 29, 2018
ASUU STRIKE UPDATE (LATEST)
#campuscatchofficial
#SHARE

ASUU - FG to Continue Negotiation Tomorrow (Friday)

The ASUU National President, Prof. Biodun Ogunyemi, made an appeal in an interview with the News Agency of Nigeria in Lagos Today (Thursday) on parents and students to show understanding in repositioning and saving the country’s university system from total collapse.

According to Ogunyemi, the strike is not to short-change neither the students nor the parents and other key stakeholders but to save the country’s university system from collapse.

“We want to call on our students and parents to show understanding with our struggle as we are in this together.

“The whole essence of this struggle is to ensure that our students get worthy and deserving certificates that they will be proud of anywhere they may find themselves in the world."

“Today, most parents are sending their children and wards to private primary and secondary schools around the country because of the perceived or alleged falling standards.

“We do not want our universities to go same way because a lot of our parents may not be able to afford the private university fees,’’ he said.

He noted that university students might be staying longer at home as no concrete resolution had been reached with the Federal Government so far.

“We met on Monday in order to reach an agreement on the key issues we are agitating for but nothing tangible came out of the meeting.

“We were told that the negotiation will continue on Friday, November 30 but up till now, as we speak, I have not received any notice of meeting to that effect,’’ he said.

Campus Catch will update you with any latest development regarding tomorrow's meeting..

Stay Up To date with Campus News Daily.
Join thousands of Nigerian students on the discussion on facebook at 'Campus Catch Page' or follow the link https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1618249475148684&id=1447996982173935

#ASUU
#campuscatchofficial
Crd : PunchNews
Photo Crd : Rachael (OOU)

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: ASUU - FG To Continue Negotiation Tomorrow (friday) by babyfaceafrica: 4:26pm On Nov 29, 2018
how can a meeting hold when they have not been contacted?.. till next week

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: ASUU - FG To Continue Negotiation Tomorrow (friday) by campuscatch: 4:45pm On Nov 29, 2018
babyfaceafrica:
how can a meeting hold when they have not been contacted?.. till next week
yeah probably that's why we urge you to follow up our Facebook Page for updates. It's still possible they might meet urgently tomorrow

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ASUU - FG To Continue Negotiation Tomorrow (friday) by campuscatch: 8:06pm On Nov 29, 2018
Join the conversation on Facebook at Campus Catch Page
Re: ASUU - FG To Continue Negotiation Tomorrow (friday) by pyrex23(m): 7:40am On Nov 30, 2018
Mtcheww

1 Like

Re: ASUU - FG To Continue Negotiation Tomorrow (friday) by richfriendsng: 7:42am On Nov 30, 2018
Visit my profile to get something that will fetch you your school fee
Re: ASUU - FG To Continue Negotiation Tomorrow (friday) by Nobody: 7:44am On Nov 30, 2018
Na wa for this ASUU sha
Re: ASUU - FG To Continue Negotiation Tomorrow (friday) by Nobody: 7:51am On Nov 30, 2018
sad
Re: ASUU - FG To Continue Negotiation Tomorrow (friday) by Brainlord1995(m): 7:53am On Nov 30, 2018
my own opinioin to this is that the chairman of ASUU should be able to negociate with the federal government to stop this issue of strike always is too much, course that is just four years, due to ASUU strike it now spend five or six years on it how come such student want to come out in fly colour after staying at home for almost eight or nine month with refreshing his/her brain
Re: ASUU - FG To Continue Negotiation Tomorrow (friday) by Jothamthompson: 7:57am On Nov 30, 2018
If nothing good comes out today then till after krzmas

1 Like

Re: ASUU - FG To Continue Negotiation Tomorrow (friday) by tokrizy: 8:02am On Nov 30, 2018
D strike is on.

Awon SUPER STRIKERS...

continue ooo because as it is nw boiz don enter street....we dey find December money.

1 Like

Re: ASUU - FG To Continue Negotiation Tomorrow (friday) by Orestino(m): 8:16am On Nov 30, 2018
I hope it yields something productive though.. E'en though I know ASUU can't strike for less than four weeks.. I'm tired of everything sef.. ASUU, Nigerian Educational system and even Nigeria as a whole.. #iRepFUNAAB sha
Re: ASUU - FG To Continue Negotiation Tomorrow (friday) by Nobody: 8:47am On Nov 30, 2018
Thank you Lord.. Let this one come out good abeg
Re: ASUU - FG To Continue Negotiation Tomorrow (friday) by TI1919(m): 8:49am On Nov 30, 2018
I pray that agreement should never be reach

grin grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: ASUU - FG To Continue Negotiation Tomorrow (friday) by campuscatch: 9:21am On Nov 30, 2018
TI1919:
I pray that agreement should never be reach

grin grin grin grin
but why?
Re: ASUU - FG To Continue Negotiation Tomorrow (friday) by Rhectz(m): 9:22am On Nov 30, 2018
campuscatch:
ASUU STRIKE UPDATE (LATEST)
#campuscatchofficial
#SHARE

ASUU - FG to Continue Negotiation Tomorrow (Friday)

The ASUU National President, Prof. Biodun Ogunyemi, made an appeal in an interview with the News Agency of Nigeria in Lagos Today (Thursday) on parents and students to show understanding in repositioning and saving the country’s university system from total collapse.

According to Ogunyemi, the strike is not to short-change neither the students nor the parents and other key stakeholders but to save the country’s university system from collapse.

“We want to call on our students and parents to show understanding with our struggle as we are in this together.

“The whole essence of this struggle is to ensure that our students get worthy and deserving certificates that they will be proud of anywhere they may find themselves in the world."

“Today, most parents are sending their children and wards to private primary and secondary schools around the country because of the perceived or alleged falling standards.

“We do not want our universities to go same way because a lot of our parents may not be able to afford the private university fees,’’ he said.

He noted that university students might be staying longer at home as no concrete resolution had been reached with the Federal Government so far.

“We met on Monday in order to reach an agreement on the key issues we are agitating for but nothing tangible came out of the meeting.

“We were told that the negotiation will continue on Friday, November 30 but up till now, as we speak, I have not received any notice of meeting to that effect,’’ he said.

Campus Catch will update you with any latest development regarding tomorrow's meeting..

Stay Up To date with Campus News Daily.
Join thousands of Nigerian students on the discussion on facebook at 'Campus Catch Page' or follow the link https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1618249475148684&id=1447996982173935

#ASUU
#campuscatchofficial
Crd : PunchNews
Photo Crd : Rachael (OOU)

mind sharing the link?

cos I just checked the archive of the punch newspaper which you claim is your source, but there is nothing related to any meeting scheduled for friday
Re: ASUU - FG To Continue Negotiation Tomorrow (friday) by Unie30: 9:27am On Nov 30, 2018
I envisage a Nigeria where all negotiations will be resolved amicably, a Nigeria where all will live in peace despite religion and ethnic group. A Nigeria where leaders will make and keep their promises. A Nigeria with the population of more rich people than poor people. Am not a politician though, but I will contribute my quarter to see this come true. God bless Nigeria
Re: ASUU - FG To Continue Negotiation Tomorrow (friday) by campuscatch: 9:28am On Nov 30, 2018
Brainlord1995:
my own opinioin to this is that the chairman of ASUU should be able to negociate with the federal government to stop this issue of strike always is too much, course that is just four years, due to ASUU strike it now spend five or six years on it how come such student want to come out in fly colour after staying at home for almost eight or nine month with refreshing his/her brain
Fact
Re: ASUU - FG To Continue Negotiation Tomorrow (friday) by campuscatch: 9:29am On Nov 30, 2018
Rhectz:

mind sharing the link?

cos I just checked the archive of the punch newspaper which you claim is your source, but there is nothing related to any meeting scheduled for friday

Dm us on facebook 'Campus Catch Page ' The link is available. Other News Papers have carried it this morning
Re: ASUU - FG To Continue Negotiation Tomorrow (friday) by campuscatch: 9:37am On Nov 30, 2018
Orestino:
I hope it yields something productive though.. E'en though I know ASUU can't strike for less than four weeks.. I'm tired of everything sef.. ASUU, Nigerian Educational system and even Nigeria as a whole.. #iRepFUNAAB sha
true
Re: ASUU - FG To Continue Negotiation Tomorrow (friday) by campuscatch: 9:37am On Nov 30, 2018
NuhRegular:
Thank you Lord.. Let this one come out good abeg
Amen
Re: ASUU - FG To Continue Negotiation Tomorrow (friday) by campuscatch: 9:38am On Nov 30, 2018
tokrizy:
D strike is on.

Awon SUPER STRIKERS...

continue ooo because as it is nw boiz don enter street....we dey find December money.
really?
Re: ASUU - FG To Continue Negotiation Tomorrow (friday) by tokrizy: 9:42am On Nov 30, 2018
campuscatch:
really?
yes na
Re: ASUU - FG To Continue Negotiation Tomorrow (friday) by campuscatch: 9:49am On Nov 30, 2018
tokrizy:

yes na
lol Majority of students now prefer they leave it till next year. It's obvious from their comments here https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1618249475148684&id=1447996982173935
Re: ASUU - FG To Continue Negotiation Tomorrow (friday) by AnongoMathias91(m): 9:53am On Nov 30, 2018
What ASUU is doing is very right, I am a final year student in one of the university affected but I am still in support of ASUU because if these things are not corrected today, we the younger ones will meet the worse of it which is very bad. So in my opinion ASUU should not stand down on their demands until the government do something reasonable.
Re: ASUU - FG To Continue Negotiation Tomorrow (friday) by campuscatch: 10:05am On Nov 30, 2018
AnongoMathias91:
What ASUU is doing is very right, I am a final year student in one of the university affected but I am still in support of ASUU because if these things are not corrected today, we the younger ones will meet the worse of it which is very bad. So in my opinion ASUU should not stand down on their demands until the government do something reasonable.
Matthias You Speak Wisdom
Re: ASUU - FG To Continue Negotiation Tomorrow (friday) by Pharrel30: 10:11am On Nov 30, 2018
Guys they are going to end this strike after election.... No money for ASUU the money wey dey ground na for Election, and if there is change in power maybe we go use 8month

1 Like

Re: ASUU - FG To Continue Negotiation Tomorrow (friday) by campuscatch: 10:16am On Nov 30, 2018
Pharrel30:
Guys they are going to end this strike after election.... No money for ASUU the money wey dey ground na for Election, and if there is change in power maybe we go use 8month
lol this could nearly be the truth. If the Election was not near, they would pay attention to this ASUU crisis.

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Improve Your Math Skills / / Unilag Dli Screening Result

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.