Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,594 members, 7,816,469 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:35 AM

Anambra Assembly Reopens Amidst Tight Security - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anambra Assembly Reopens Amidst Tight Security (7874 Views)

Abia PDP Holds Governorship Primary Election Today Amidst Tight Security / Nnamdi Kanu Arrives Court Premises, Amidst Tight Security / El-Zakzaky Arrives Kaduna Court Amidst Tight Security. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Anambra Assembly Reopens Amidst Tight Security by onubijoe(m): 4:27pm On Nov 29, 2018
The Anambra State House of Assembly on Thursday reopened for sitting after two weeks the Police Command in the state sealed the complex.

The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that the assembly was shut down following purported impeachment of the Speaker, Mrs Rita Maduagwu that led to crisis in the legislature.

NAN reports that the workers in the assembly were seen in their duty posts for business of the day but the lawmakers had yet to sit as at the time of the report.

The embattled speaker, Maduagwu entered the chamber with only one lawmaker, Mr Paschal Agbodike, representing Ihiala 2Constituency APGA and left immediately.

About 10 minutes after, the purported new Speaker, Mr Ikem Uzoezie walked in with the Majority Leader, Mr Victor Okoye, Minority leader, Mr Onyebuchi Offor , Mr Kingsley Iruba, ( Nnewi South), Mr Ikechukwu Umeh, (Aguata 1), and Mr Romanus Obi (Orumba North).

Other lawmakers were also seated at the assembly waiting for resumption of plenary.

NAN reports that neither the Clerk of the assembly, Mr Pius Udoh nor his deputy, Mrs Ngozi Aneotoh was seen at the house.

Uzoezie told newsmen that he was at the complex to assess it after the police unsealed it adding that the lawmakers might sit if the need arose.

The factional speaker maintained that he was the substantive speaker as Maduagwu had been impeached over alleged highhandedness and misappropriation of funds.

NAN however, reports that there are heavy presence of security agents at the complex to maintain law and order.

https://politicsngr.com/crisis-anambra-assembly-reopens-amidst-tight-security/
Re: Anambra Assembly Reopens Amidst Tight Security by EmekaBlue(m): 4:35pm On Nov 29, 2018
That one concern them....I no blame them, who no go fight for his/her goody position or who even wants to leave where national cake is been enjoyed anyhow.

Next News plz
Re: Anambra Assembly Reopens Amidst Tight Security by Nobody: 4:35pm On Nov 29, 2018
Everything has scattered under Buhari. No order, no rule of Law. I weep for this country if Nigerians senselessly repeat their folly of 2015 in 2019 by voting Buhari again.

3 Likes

Re: Anambra Assembly Reopens Amidst Tight Security by Segunade10: 4:35pm On Nov 29, 2018
wink
Re: Anambra Assembly Reopens Amidst Tight Security by Nobody: 4:36pm On Nov 29, 2018
Hmm. This is serious o.

1 Like

Re: Anambra Assembly Reopens Amidst Tight Security by Ibrahim9090: 4:36pm On Nov 29, 2018
Noted
Re: Anambra Assembly Reopens Amidst Tight Security by obaataaokpaewu: 4:42pm On Nov 29, 2018
Maduagwu should go and sit down
Both Majority and minority are against her

1 Like

Re: Anambra Assembly Reopens Amidst Tight Security by efeteb: 4:43pm On Nov 29, 2018
Nigeria we hail thee
Re: Anambra Assembly Reopens Amidst Tight Security by PBseller4995: 4:43pm On Nov 29, 2018
Original INEC Life Power. Its brand new and will give you at least 20 hrs back up on your Laptop. Stop wasting money to fuel Gen!

Re: Anambra Assembly Reopens Amidst Tight Security by Jerryembassy91(m): 4:46pm On Nov 29, 2018
Wahala everywhere. ....
Re: Anambra Assembly Reopens Amidst Tight Security by Ijaya123: 5:03pm On Nov 29, 2018
Shayetet13:
Everything has scattered under Buhari. No order, no rule of Law. I weep for this country if Nigerians senselessly repeat their folly of 2015 in 2019 by voting Buhari again.

You mean even your destiny and household scattered under this Buhari?

2 Likes

Re: Anambra Assembly Reopens Amidst Tight Security by Lerio(m): 5:04pm On Nov 29, 2018
Can someone explain what is happening in language we can understand?
Re: Anambra Assembly Reopens Amidst Tight Security by KanwuliaExtra: 5:40pm On Nov 29, 2018
Welcome to BIAFRA! cheesy
Re: Anambra Assembly Reopens Amidst Tight Security by Nobody: 7:43pm On Nov 29, 2018
Ijaya123:

You mean even your destiny and household scattered under this Buhari?

Where did you even see me in Nigeria? I have ported since. Buhari cannot hold me down

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Anambra Assembly Reopens Amidst Tight Security by Mopolchi: 11:20pm On Nov 29, 2018
She was a very useless speaker. We now have a Speaker now in Ikem Uzoezie. She was disgraced today too.

1 Like

Re: Anambra Assembly Reopens Amidst Tight Security by Ijaya123: 9:34am On Dec 01, 2018
Shayetet13:

Where did you even see me in Nigeria? I have ported since. Buhari cannot hold me down

Means your earlier post is pure falsehood and propaganda.
Re: Anambra Assembly Reopens Amidst Tight Security by Nobody: 1:19pm On Dec 01, 2018
Ijaya123:

Means your earlier post is pure falsehood and propaganda.

I dont need to be in Nigeria to know that hardship is everywhere. I still have friends there. Moreso, an international body with the resources for extensive research concluded, based on evidence from research, that Nigeria is now the headquarter of poverty.

(1) (Reply)

Timi Frank Accuses INEC Of Inducing Csos With N300m To Rig Elections / Judge’s Absence Stalls Bala Mohammed's Arraignment / Nigerians Are Leaving South Africa Like Ghana-must-go (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.