Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,747 members, 7,817,060 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:11 AM

Jonathan's Message On Facebook. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan's Message On Facebook. (6856 Views)

Ex-President Jonathan's Message & Wishes To Muslims / President Jonathan's Message Ahead Of Tomorrows Election. / Jonathan's Message to Nigerians on New Year & New Century Of Amalgamation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan's Message On Facebook. by Acidosis(m): 9:40am On Jul 29, 2010
July 29, 2010.
Just as we have an Independent National Electoral Commission which is non partisan and headed by a credible person, we may need to work towards developing our National Electricity Regulatory Commission (NERC) into an independent body tasked with developing our power infrastructure. At the moment the commission's mandate is limited. Such a commission like our dream INEC should be non partisan, professional and COMPLETELY separated from politics as well as independent of the government of the day. Power, like our votes ought to be treated as an urgent security issue for it is vital to our nations stability, economy and social progress. For a nation to have steady power, there must be a consistent forward movement in policy and project implementation without policy uncertainty. We need to inspire confidence in those who want to invest in this sector such that International and National bodies and contractors who do business in our country can attest that when a contract is signed it will be implemented as agreed. Transitions from one government to the other irrespective of whatever political colouration or ideological leanings must not affect valid legal agreements. Just as I have signed the AMCON bill to bring in our financial systems, I see a day coming when every aspect of our economy will be immune from unwarranted interference.
GEJ.
Re: Jonathan's Message On Facebook. by Beaf: 9:50am On Jul 29, 2010
Goodluck Jonathan: I see a day coming when every aspect of our economy will be immune from unwarranted interference.

That would be the day we install true federalism.

I like the thoughts expressed by GJ. Quite profound.
Re: Jonathan's Message On Facebook. by blacksta(m): 9:56am On Jul 29, 2010
You all will wait tire , In Nigeria talk is very common and action rearly exists
Re: Jonathan's Message On Facebook. by daywatcher: 10:00am On Jul 29, 2010
Transitions from one government to the other irrespective of whatever political colouration or ideological leanings must not affect valid legal agreements.

'Ideological leanings' in Nigerian political parties, that will be the day
Re: Jonathan's Message On Facebook. by PapaBrowne(m): 11:06am On Jul 29, 2010
daywatcher:

Transitions from one government to the other irrespective of whatever political colouration or ideological leanings must not affect valid legal agreements.

'Ideological leanings' in Nigerian political parties, that will be the day

Everybody, both politicians and political laymen have ideological leanings. An ideological leaning just defines the route through which an individual or group would prefer to take in pursuit of utopia. Our ideologies usually affect our actions.
Re: Jonathan's Message On Facebook. by blacksta(m): 11:46am On Jul 29, 2010
hence we could argue that the present idealogy of a typical Nigerian politican is faulty but the question remains - " How can we change that failed ideology"
Re: Jonathan's Message On Facebook. by toluxa1(m): 12:01pm On Jul 29, 2010
blacksta:

You all will wait tire , In Nigeria talk is very common and action rearly exists

UNBELIEVERS!
Re: Jonathan's Message On Facebook. by marcdunu: 12:07pm On Jul 29, 2010
Who says he is the one updating that Facebook page?

I thought he is stranded in Uganda?

Governance by proxy. If he wants to communicate to Nigerians let him match on the podium and give a speech.

The man is a con artist.
Re: Jonathan's Message On Facebook. by JoeMosco(m): 12:15pm On Jul 29, 2010
What a diplomatic campaign. Well i think he deserves the votes.
Re: Jonathan's Message On Facebook. by xreal: 12:24pm On Jul 29, 2010
marcdunu:

Governance by proxy. If he wants to communicate to Nigerians let him match the podium and give a speech.

thank you!
Re: Jonathan's Message On Facebook. by redsun(m): 12:27pm On Jul 29, 2010
I think nigeria should adopt the idea of nationwide live TV debate by presidential aspirants,translated to all the different languages in nigeria,stating their views,plans,problem solving abilities,principles,ideologies and manifestos.
Re: Jonathan's Message On Facebook. by Smartjeezy(m): 12:32pm On Jul 29, 2010
Gej plz don't forget the nigerians.people dey suffer for this country. 2011 for sure.
Re: Jonathan's Message On Facebook. by otondo55: 12:42pm On Jul 29, 2010
You are the man we are waiting for.

Come 2011, you are there already,

make us prude for once.

You have all it takes to do it.

Go GEJ !
Re: Jonathan's Message On Facebook. by oladayo042: 12:49pm On Jul 29, 2010
marcdunu:

I wonder how he will read thousands of comments?
Re: Jonathan's Message On Facebook. by Kx: 12:53pm On Jul 29, 2010
Obama address americans and issues thru CNN,
David Cameron addresses britons using BBC
Using those media, viewers can feel the pulse of their leaders thru their tone and body language.

Jonathan addresses Nigerians using FACEBOOK, a non nigeria media, devoid of tone and body language.
Are we running a e-government?
Re: Jonathan's Message On Facebook. by marcdunu: 12:57pm On Jul 29, 2010
Kx:

Using those media, viewers can feel the pulse of their leaders thru their tone and body language.

Jonathan addresses Nigerians using FACEBOOK, a non nigeria media, devoid of tone and body language.

We are running a hide-and-seek Government.

He is camera shy because he knows he is not up to the job.

Tell him to call a Press Conference and defend his records on NTA, AIT and Channels TV.

He will run away. No confidence whatsoever. After 50years of Nationhood we are old enough to ask for something better.
Re: Jonathan's Message On Facebook. by Nobody: 12:57pm On Jul 29, 2010
good to see johnny is making good use of his time in uganda engaging in his favorite past time viva president facebook
Re: Jonathan's Message On Facebook. by oladayo042: 1:00pm On Jul 29, 2010
Kx:

Haba! e-government!      grin grin grin  shocked shocked shocked
Re: Jonathan's Message On Facebook. by bodsibobo(m): 1:01pm On Jul 29, 2010
If he's going to fix our light, let him just do it and spare us all these grammer on Facebook.

I'm currently on an official trip through WA and everywhere I've passed through from Cotonou-Lome-Accra-Abidjan, light was constant throughout all my stay. Quite shameful for Nigeria that is thought to be the giant of W. Africa. (note: not Africa).

I wonder what % of the citizens will be able to read his message on Facebook when there's no electricity sef!!!
Re: Jonathan's Message On Facebook. by sandee575(f): 1:01pm On Jul 29, 2010
methinks bro Jon has little or no time to facebook. He is being ably
represented there by someone who has a "degree" in human psychology
and dishing out lots of oration on what Nigerains will trip to hear from presido.
Re: Jonathan's Message On Facebook. by marcdunu: 1:03pm On Jul 29, 2010
Jonathan Goodluck forgets that a large percentage of Nigerians are not actually on Facebook. He will rich out to more Nigerians if he communicates via TV and Radio.
Because those are the real media available to Nigerians.

When will he grant a Press conference and take questions on his records.?

Facebook is no substitute to allowing your people see what you are about on TV and taking questions. If people can not feel your passion how will they believe your programs and help you implement it.
Re: Jonathan's Message On Facebook. by homerac7: 1:05pm On Jul 29, 2010
all ds GJ and facebook propaganda talk self, una think say na hin dey yarn all dos talks? somone is simply paid to make u all feel good, and u r gettn it, simple.
no b wetin una wan hear? PR job at its usual, shikena! no b today nigerian leaders jst dey sweet talk us, even d unpopular abacha did fine PR stunts, so what more?

for me , i am not freaked by said intentions, i blv in what i c. so actions pls! moreover, hes just a politician, so what more do u xpect from him? wt me he needs to produce results and not jst talk. many ppl hold him in high esteem, to me, he needs to earn dt. he simply hasnt done anythn extraordinary, so i keep watchn ,
Re: Jonathan's Message On Facebook. by Dreworld: 1:07pm On Jul 29, 2010
Promise and failed has been the basic problem of every Nigerians, both the past and the present politicians can promise but only God knows if they will fulfill those promises, as an optimist I think this will end up be among the one out of a million fulfilled promised. cool
Re: Jonathan's Message On Facebook. by Spyker: 1:09pm On Jul 29, 2010
Kx:

Though i like GJ, i would support this poster's comment. I remember how we usually wake up very early just to listen to IBB's independence day speech and that of Abacha. I really think an aid is just performing his official assignment. (S.A. on facebook matters and other improper media) grin
Re: Jonathan's Message On Facebook. by ireneann: 1:13pm On Jul 29, 2010
Are you sure he wrote that piece? Smells like the work of a speech writer to me. Or what una think
Re: Jonathan's Message On Facebook. by EzeUche(m): 1:14pm On Jul 29, 2010
Implement federalism then we shall talk. angry
Re: Jonathan's Message On Facebook. by Nobody: 1:16pm On Jul 29, 2010
Kx:

i have nothing against him using the internet to address us so long as he uses other media that majority of nigerians have access to albeit infrequent.  if he wants to use the internet enh, make him use our NL make we see. i think thats one of the best ways hin go take know wetin dey truly happen for we obodo naija and experience first hand the frustrations of the pple. by the time NLders give am small verbal caustic soda, they will know the kind of nextgen leaders they are brewing.
Re: Jonathan's Message On Facebook. by Nobody: 1:23pm On Jul 29, 2010
homerac7:

all ds GJ and facebook propaganda talk self, una think say na hin dey yarn all dos talks? somone is simply paid to make u all feel good, and u r gettn it, simple.
no b wetin una wan hear? PR job at its usual, shikena! no b today nigerian leaders jst dey sweet talk us, even d unpopular abacha did fine PR stunts, so what more?

for me , i am not freaked by said intentions, i blv in what i c. so actions pls! moreover, hes just a politician, so what more do u xpect from him? wt me he needs to produce results and not jst talk. many ppl hold him in high esteem, to me, he needs to earn dt. he simply hasnt done anythn extraordinary, so i keep watchn ,

correct! afterall Yar a'dull of blessed memory kept on bombarding us with his rule of law mantra and during his regime we witnessed bizzare contradictory events. do your job first, talk later. or better still let your works speak for you.
Re: Jonathan's Message On Facebook. by faithin9ja: 1:34pm On Jul 29, 2010
W
ho says he is the one updating that Facebook page?

Governance by proxy. If he wants to communicate to Nigerians let him match the podium and give a speech.

The man is a con artist.

A beg, una dey make valid points BUT work on the grammar, dem no dey 'match' podium, you mount the podium, another article on NL said 'a policeman 'corked' his gun, you cannot cork a gun, you 'cock your rifle' then you have people 'packing' their cars -'park' please and my final bug bear is the 'booth' of the car, please no such thing it's called a 'boot' ( or 'trunk' in America)

C'mon guys for the sake of the younger ones lets set a good example, if you dey speak pigin, speak pigin, but if speaking english, let's try and do it properly.
Re: Jonathan's Message On Facebook. by Chongaiman: 1:38pm On Jul 29, 2010
If we are to believe Donald Duke on how elections are rigged by governors, this talk about the independence of INEC should be taken with a pinch of salt.
Re: Jonathan's Message On Facebook. by Ranoscky(m): 1:39pm On Jul 29, 2010
speechless!
Re: Jonathan's Message On Facebook. by SSaemoenl(m): 1:45pm On Jul 29, 2010
That guy is romancing Nigerian electorates to vote for him with his attractive articulations. However, we are about to see him investigate the last governing body that engrossed in colossal looting, I don't buy his ideas anyway! lipsrsealed

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

In Defence Of Buhari's Statement Of Results / PHOTO: CHINA Execute 26 Corrupt Politicians / So We Won't See This Beautiful Lady Again.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.