Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,094 members, 7,953,333 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 02:29 PM

AlJazeera: 'Nigeria's Worsening Job Crisis Feels Like There's No Hope' - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / AlJazeera: 'Nigeria's Worsening Job Crisis Feels Like There's No Hope' (28334 Views)

Aljazeera: Nigeria Presidential Election Results 2023 By Numbers (01.03.2024) / Fear Grips Diplomatic Community Amid Worsening Insecurity In Nigeria / Niger Delta Group Tackles Buhari Over Nigeria’s Worsening Economic Situation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: AlJazeera: 'Nigeria's Worsening Job Crisis Feels Like There's No Hope' by blacknp(m): 1:58pm On Nov 30, 2018
MXrap:
Apt

Bubu has failed woefully

Lazy man you must be speaking from a reflection of your failed state of life?,blame your parents not the President of Nigeria.
Re: AlJazeera: 'Nigeria's Worsening Job Crisis Feels Like There's No Hope' by biggie73(m): 1:59pm On Nov 30, 2018
Not that it feels like, there's just no hope. Even Jesus as a Nigerian President can never create job in Nigeria.
Re: AlJazeera: 'Nigeria's Worsening Job Crisis Feels Like There's No Hope' by nwanyionitsha: 2:00pm On Nov 30, 2018
planetx:
Did he truly make those comments or is it like the case of Mugabe with his fictitious comments,. And why didn’t PDP point this comments out before the election in 2015.
They did, propaganda swallowed everything.
Re: AlJazeera: 'Nigeria's Worsening Job Crisis Feels Like There's No Hope' by salt1: 2:00pm On Nov 30, 2018
calyto:
I'm sure you saw this yesterday https://www.thecable.ng/nigeria-rises-on-world-prosperity-index-first-time-ever/

But it is the bad news that you love the most.

Mr jobless, who bought data for you? is the person also jobless?

All these make-believe by Nigerians 'mostly' from the south-east ehn...

If you guys are not careful, South-south will get the 2023 presidency and do another 8 years(plus GEJ's 6 years) while the South-East( AKA cry cry babies) will get nothing.

Continue focusing on how you will paint Buhari black.

Thanks for making me read that advertorial.
I suggest that you remove it because it discredits this administration even more. First the comparison is between last year and this year. Second was that security has become worse. From this study, we are just slightly better than Yemen, Afghanistan and South Sudan.
So what's there to celebrate?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: AlJazeera: 'Nigeria's Worsening Job Crisis Feels Like There's No Hope' by blacknp(m): 2:09pm On Nov 30, 2018
Gandollar:
Stupidity is when you elect an terminally ill old octagenarian whose only claim to fame is religious and ethnic bigotry and expect him to make any meaningful impact.

Your kinds are rare species facing extinction.
Is your State Governor were you reside or were your parents come from up to 80?,is your local government chairman up to 80?,is your senator or House of Representatives representing your constituency up to 80?do you not understand what democracy is all about?,you are waiting for one single man in Abuja that you never supported and hate with a passion to save you and make you prosperous?You want to have your cake and eat it to?

Get your whole family and friends to vote against President Buhari nothing will change,he is coming back unopposed.

Please tell me how many jobs were created by your state of abode & local government?Hypocrite.
Re: AlJazeera: 'Nigeria's Worsening Job Crisis Feels Like There's No Hope' by lexy2014: 2:21pm On Nov 30, 2018
tambiri77:
As they say a devils you know is far better an Angel you don't know. You rule for 16 good years when crude oil price was very high and you do nothing good and you are expecting a magic from baba just less than four years when price of oil is as low to 30 dollars per barrel. Buhari inherited most of Nigeria problems from the past administration. Let give this man a chance to change what have been damage by past regime.Remembers Atiku is among the damage deveil that destroy this country and sell most of government property's to friends and families. Nigeria be wise for once.

Is it Nigerians that are expecting too much or is it buhari/APC that promised more than they have d capacity 2 deliver? What exactly are d problems APC inherited? Are those problems not what they can solve? Did they only inherit problems? Didn't they inherit assets?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: AlJazeera: 'Nigeria's Worsening Job Crisis Feels Like There's No Hope' by tuniski: 2:31pm On Nov 30, 2018
Stalwert:
"The next level of effort focuses on job creation across various sectors," Buhari said in his election campaign's policy document.

"From an enlargement of the N-Power programme [government loan scheme for young graduates] to investing in technology and creative sector jobs to agriculture and revolutionising access to credit for entrepreneurs and artisans, there is scope for over 15 million new jobs."

we know the future will be better than today. Only bastards and devil worshippers will believe a gay thief and his effeminate unrepentant liar running mate will give them jobs. It is clear 16 years of PDP created no way of solving Nigeria economic problems only looting and sharing $2 billion shamelessly.

All the Ipob people quoted should seek job in Jerusalem since that is where their rod and slavior resides.
Garbage from buharideen.
Re: AlJazeera: 'Nigeria's Worsening Job Crisis Feels Like There's No Hope' by IbrahimDamola: 2:33pm On Nov 30, 2018
VULCAN:
You have told us your problem with him.

Now let me tell you my problem with you.

You are a fake!

You registered this moniker just 9 days ago and already have 200+ posts. Interestingly almost all are praising this present govt.

You are a worthless BMC

Worth 30k a month

You open numerous monikers and spill trash in the name of supporting evil.

Yet if we had a good government you would have been gainfully employed.

APC bigwigs are stealing billions and you are here defending this govt.

You deserve this pitiful stipend they give you

Chei Denikayan the zombirudeen have been pummelled... grin

1 Share

Re: AlJazeera: 'Nigeria's Worsening Job Crisis Feels Like There's No Hope' by blacknp(m): 2:39pm On Nov 30, 2018
lexy2014:

Is it Nigerians that are expecting too much or is it buhari/APC that promised more than they have d capacity 2 deliver? What exactly are d problems APC inherited? Are those problems not what they can solve? Did they only inherit problems? Didn't they inherit assets?
It takes carefully planning and time,even Jehovah is a systematic operator,you can’t go to a university and graduate in 3 years,APC will transform Nigeria for those who want to prosper,not everyone that left Egypt enetered the promised land.

Nigerians lazy people, forever looking for a miracle,that is why churches and politics is the biggest business in Nigeria. Agriculture is the biggest sector in Nigeria GDP and agriculture is controlled by the states and the local government. So tell me who are blaming for unemployment?
Re: AlJazeera: 'Nigeria's Worsening Job Crisis Feels Like There's No Hope' by IbrahimDamola: 2:41pm On Nov 30, 2018
Stalwert my dear yoruba muslim zombie from BMC really suffer for this thread. My collect general beating for here, sotey him pick race. grin

Walahi to defend booharii and APC na dangerous work nowadays. If you try am for newspaper stand for Ikeja, PH or onitsha, the kain beating wey go follow you eh....? grin

Stalwert right now..

2 Shares

Re: AlJazeera: 'Nigeria's Worsening Job Crisis Feels Like There's No Hope' by calyto: 2:55pm On Nov 30, 2018
Security where?

Where do you reside and what's going on there?

salt1:

Thanks for making me read that advertorial.
I suggest that you remove it because it discredits this administration even more. First the comparison is between last year and this year. Second was that security has become worse. From this study, we are just slightly better than Yemen, Afghanistan and South Sudan.
So what's there to celebrate?
Re: AlJazeera: 'Nigeria's Worsening Job Crisis Feels Like There's No Hope' by xelly: 3:21pm On Nov 30, 2018
Stalwert:
"The next level of effort focuses on job creation across various sectors," Buhari said in his election campaign's policy document.

"From an enlargement of the N-Power programme [government loan scheme for young graduates] to investing in technology and creative sector jobs to agriculture and revolutionising access to credit for entrepreneurs and artisans, there is scope for over 15 million new jobs."

we know the future will be better than today. Only bastards and devil worshippers will believe a gay thief and his effeminate unrepentant liar running mate will give them jobs. It is clear 16 years of PDP created no way of solving Nigeria economic problems only looting and sharing $2 billion shamelessly.

All the Ipob people quoted should seek job in Jerusalem since that is where their rod and slavior resides.

You must be a fool. I will share feed for my dog into 10 to feed you.
Re: AlJazeera: 'Nigeria's Worsening Job Crisis Feels Like There's No Hope' by herich(m): 3:23pm On Nov 30, 2018
Why will Nigeria have hope, when a power drunk retard dunce is the president of their country

Re: AlJazeera: 'Nigeria's Worsening Job Crisis Feels Like There's No Hope' by ogatboy(m): 3:32pm On Nov 30, 2018
ivandragon:

hard work & right thing are different issues.

just that clear before you spill your own brand of nonsense...

Oga, create an environment where people get reward for their work. What is hard work and what is right work?? The countries with lesser crime rates or fraud don't do anything special. They only create à system that reward you for your effort. When people do right work and it doesnt pay, what is expected?? Oga if you cannot see sense then, then keep the non beside
Re: AlJazeera: 'Nigeria's Worsening Job Crisis Feels Like There's No Hope' by vaca1: 3:42pm On Nov 30, 2018
Stalwert:

You are fastly loosing it. Sorry oo
Re: AlJazeera: 'Nigeria's Worsening Job Crisis Feels Like There's No Hope' by Ttipsy(f): 3:43pm On Nov 30, 2018
Gandollar:
... and school feeding program grin
Aljhazeera is IPOB grin
you think all Jazeera is Nigerian media?? c this one o
Re: AlJazeera: 'Nigeria's Worsening Job Crisis Feels Like There's No Hope' by Ttipsy(f): 3:45pm On Nov 30, 2018
Gandollar:
... and school feeding program grin
Aljhazeera is IPOB grin
u think Al Jazeera is Nigeria lie media?

1 Like

Re: AlJazeera: 'Nigeria's Worsening Job Crisis Feels Like There's No Hope' by lexy2014: 4:22pm On Nov 30, 2018
blacknp:
It takes carefully planning and time,even Jehovah is a systematic operator,you can’t go to a university and graduate in 3 years,APC will transform Nigeria for those who want to prosper,not everyone that left Egypt enetered the promised land.

Nigerians lazy people, forever looking for a miracle,that is why churches and politics is the biggest business in Nigeria. Agriculture is the biggest sector in Nigeria GDP and agriculture is controlled by the states and the local government. So tell me who are blaming for unemployment?

Ur response doesn't in anyway address d issues I raised. Instead u have raised more issues that I hope u can defend. These are d questions I asked earlier:

" is it Nigerians that are expecting too much or is it buhari/APC that promised more than they have d capacity 2 deliver? What exactly are d problems APC inherited? Are those problems not what they can solve? Did they only inherit problems? Didn't they inherit assets?"

If FG isn't in charge of agriculture, then what is it doing with a ministry of agriculture? Then if u are right, in what way has d govt been able to mobilise d states (lets say APC states) to ensure agriculture fulfils its potential?

U say Nigerians are lazy. So I guess buhari is more hardworking than Nigerians. What exactly is APC still planning? What has it successfully planned so far? So since its taking it forever to plan, is it d same planning that played when it took d govt 6months to appoint s cabinet?
Re: AlJazeera: 'Nigeria's Worsening Job Crisis Feels Like There's No Hope' by salt1: 4:30pm On Nov 30, 2018
calyto:

Security where?

Where do you reside and what's going on there?

Why do you ask? You want to kill me?
Re: AlJazeera: 'Nigeria's Worsening Job Crisis Feels Like There's No Hope' by almarthins(m): 4:38pm On Nov 30, 2018
ivandragon:
hmm...

the problem is endemic & transcends party affiliations...

yes, PMB might have exacerbated the problem, but if population growth is not checked, we would just be threading water at best.

furthermore, a cursory look at majority of citizens between ages 16-45 clearly shows that they are more comfortable seeking to become rich through crooked means than actually trying to make a living through legitimate means.

it is often easy to blame the govt for not providing an enabling environment (light, security etc), but how many Nigerians are even ready to do the right thing in the first instance?

In fact you nailed it. Most people who are supporting atiku no wan work o, I no like buhari but atiku na fraud.

My people are nt thinking of industrialization and freedom from govt jobs, all they want is to be handed the fish all the time. We shld learn from China

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: AlJazeera: 'Nigeria's Worsening Job Crisis Feels Like There's No Hope' by calyto: 4:54pm On Nov 30, 2018
grin grin grin grin grin

salt1:

Why do you ask? You want to kill me?
Re: AlJazeera: 'Nigeria's Worsening Job Crisis Feels Like There's No Hope' by blacknp(m): 5:09pm On Nov 30, 2018
lexy2014:

Ur response doesn't in anyway address d issues I raised. Instead u have raised more issues that I hope u can defend. These are d questions I asked earlier:

" is it Nigerians that are expecting too much or is it buhari/APC that promised more than they have d capacity 2 deliver? What exactly are d problems APC inherited? Are those problems not what they can solve? Did they only inherit problems? Didn't they inherit assets?"

If FG isn't in charge of agriculture, then what is it doing with a ministry of agriculture? Then if u are right, in what way has d govt been able to mobilise d states (lets say APC states) to ensure agriculture fulfils its potential?

U say Nigerians are lazy. So I guess buhari is more hardworking than Nigerians. What exactly is APC still planning? What has it successfully planned so far? So since its taking it forever to plan, is it d same planning that played when it took d govt 6months to appoint s cabinet?
Go and prosper mr man,nobody even your family members won’t help you,stop pretending to blame someone else for your own shortcomings. How have you planned to better your own life in the last 3 years before you are waiting for a political party that you are not a card carrying member?it is true it took President Buhari 6 months to choose a cabinet but since they have been in office has he changed them like merry go round dancing chairs?

you are no different from an almijiri waiting for hand outs?Bill Gates & Mark Zuckerberg both dropped out of college in their 1st year and both became billionaires and we both use their products,Washington DC did nothing for them,your problem most of you 180 million negroes lack innovation and are 3rd eye blind,It is always easier to blame someone else,are you too young to create jobs for others?Lazy minded Man.
Re: AlJazeera: 'Nigeria's Worsening Job Crisis Feels Like There's No Hope' by blacknp(m): 5:10pm On Nov 30, 2018
almarthins:

In fact you nailed it. Most people who are supporting atiku no wan work o, I no like buhari but atiku na fraud.

My people are nt thinking of industrialization and freedom from govt jobs, all they want is to be handed the fish all the time. We shld learn from China
Praise You.
Re: AlJazeera: 'Nigeria's Worsening Job Crisis Feels Like There's No Hope' by salt1: 5:19pm On Nov 30, 2018
blacknp:

Agriculture as employer of labour is not sustainable. What we practice is subsistence farming which cannot generate the type of earning to move the individual forward. Unless there are value added processes like packaging and preservation, farming at subsistence level will never make anyone rich. To provide those additions, you need electricity and good roads. Ask the farmers in the North or in Ebonyi State who are very poor.
The countries that are poorest are the farming countries who sell their produce as raw materials. Ivoriens export the best quality cocoa and make peanuts compared with the Swiss companies that turn the cocoa into yummy chocolate.
Re: AlJazeera: 'Nigeria's Worsening Job Crisis Feels Like There's No Hope' by blacknp(m): 5:34pm On Nov 30, 2018
salt1:

Agriculture as employer of labour is not sustainable. What we practice is subsistence farming which cannot generate the type of earning to move the individual forward. Unless there are value added processes like packaging and preservation, farming at subsistence level will never make anyone rich. Ask the farmers in the North or in Ebonyi State. The countries that are poorest are the farming countries.
Who are you people in Nigeria waiting for, the Americans or Chinese?JFK best said it “it is not what your country can do for you by what you can do for your country” after that the prosperity flows to you not for everyone,you reap what you sow.Please tell me who helped change China from a peasant nation in 1949 under the Communist Party of China under the supervision of the Great Leader Ma Zedong (Chairman Mao),to were they are today.

Innovation is the key to solving your problems unique to your environment instead of waiting,agriculture is private business,the banks are just like the people they will only loan for quick returns,wicked Babylonians.

In Countries like China the bankers would have been put to the sword for their greed and sabotage,Nigerians we are not ready to sacrifice,the same generation wants to enjoy the spoils. There was no electricity in 1983 and still no electricity in 2018. ASUU was on strike in 1994 they still go on strike in 2018. It is a black man problem they believe more in religion than science.
Re: AlJazeera: 'Nigeria's Worsening Job Crisis Feels Like There's No Hope' by salt1: 5:35pm On Nov 30, 2018
blacknp:
Go and prosper mr man,nobody even your family members won’t help you,stop pretending to blame someone else for your own shortcomings. How have you planned to better your own life in the last 3 years before you are waiting for a political party that you are not a card carrying member?it is true it took President Buhari 6 months to choose a cabinet but since they have been in office has he changed them like merry go round dancing chairs?

you are no different from an almijiri waiting for hand outs?Bill Gates & Mark Zuckerberg both dropped out of college in their 1st year and both became billionaires and we both use their products,Washington DC did nothing for them,your problem most of you 180 million negroes lack innovation and are 3rd eye blind,It is always easier to blame someone else,are you too young to create jobs for others?Lazy minded Man.

I'm sorry to say, but you are wrong. Zuckerberg and Bill Gates had a platform to build upon. They didn't break their heads buying fuel for their I -pass-my-neighbour generators. They didn't agonize where their next meal will come from. Zuckerberg's parents are upper middle class, so he had something to live on while pursuing his dreams.
I get angry when young people who are battling with a substandard educational system, rundown infrastructure and insecurity are accused of not being ambitious and hardworking.
Re: AlJazeera: 'Nigeria's Worsening Job Crisis Feels Like There's No Hope' by salt1: 5:42pm On Nov 30, 2018
blacknp:
Who are you people in Nigeria waiting for, the Americans or Chinese?JFK best said it “it is not what your country can do for you by what you can do for your country” after that the prosperity flows to you not for everyone,you reap what you sow.Please tell me who helped change China from a peasant nation in 1949 under the Communist Party of China under the supervision of the Great Leader Ma Zedong (Chairman Mao),to were they are today[b][/b].

Innovation is the key to solving your problems unique to your environment instead of waiting,agriculture is private business,the banks are just like the people they will only loan for quick returns,wicked Babylonians.

In Countries like China the bankers would have been put to the sword for their greed and sabotage,Nigerians we are not ready to sacrifice,the same generation wants to enjoy the spoils. There was no electricity in 1983 and still no electricity in 2018. ASUU was on strike in 1994 they still go on strike in 2018. It is a black man problem they believe more in religion than science.

We get back to the point : China developed under a great leader :Communist Party of China under the supervision of the Great Leader Ma Zedong .
Can the parties just give leadership? Every other thing will fall in place.
As it is, individuals are already providing themselves the things that government should provide : water, light, schools. The government should just provide policy direction, security, roads and we are good to go
Re: AlJazeera: 'Nigeria's Worsening Job Crisis Feels Like There's No Hope' by blacknp(m): 5:46pm On Nov 30, 2018
salt1:

I'm sorry to say, but you are wrong. Zuckerberg and Bill Gates had a platform to build upon. They didn't break their heads buying fuel for their I -pass-my-neighbour generators. They didn't agonize where their next meal will come from. Zuckerberg's parents are upper middle class, so he had something to live on while pursuing his dreams.
I get angry when young people who are battling with a substandard educational system, rundown infrastructure and insecurity are accused of not being ambitious and hardworking.
Lazy minded third eye blind fellow,it is quite obvious you haven’t been to the United States or to the Westen World?,nothing in life is given,it’s a jungle out their,a lazy person will always find a reason to complain,the white man works 10 times harder than a black man and thinks 20 years ahead of a black man.

I’m sure if you were in Toronto Canada today, you would have been telling your family back home in Nigeria that it is too cold to go to work?You have no idea what a police state white mans world is all about,if you have plans of going west in future go back and meditate on Tupac me against the world or Public Enemy’s don’t believe the hype.
Re: AlJazeera: 'Nigeria's Worsening Job Crisis Feels Like There's No Hope' by blacknp(m): 6:02pm On Nov 30, 2018
salt1:

We get back to the point : China developed under a great leader :Communist Party of China under the supervision of the Great Leader Ma Zedong .
Can the parties just give leadership? Every other thing will fall in place.
As it is, individuals are already providing themselves the things that government should provide : water, light, schools. The government should just provide policy direction, security, roads and we are good to go
China was worse and more corrupt than Nigeria could imagine pre 1949 until the Communist party (APC) drove the nationalist (pdp) to Taiwan,they went through so much hardship but great discipline held them through,so many people died in the fields during the agricultural era many rebelled against the party and were put to the sword,this before their Industrial Age began in the 1960s,the Blackman does not want to sacrifice that is why there are so many churches in a Nigeria,almost everyone is looking for a miracle.

Democracy can’t bring good policies only a one party rule can really bring change take example the toast of Africa Paul kegame of Rwanda, I believe he has been in power since 1998,all this Buhari come Atiku go called democracy will not get us anywhere. Go check American history once upon a time the Democrats ruled the country for more than 20 years straight,same thing for the republicans and in that time they got to frame their ideology into the fragments of the society.

This is the reason the so called Boko Haram can thrive in such a chaotic scenario called democrazy, under the Military to hell with what amnesty international says about human rights,or what any opposition might try to jump on for political gains,settlements along the Lake Chad Basin would have been wiped out of the map.

1 Like

Re: AlJazeera: 'Nigeria's Worsening Job Crisis Feels Like There's No Hope' by gentlegenius(m): 6:12pm On Nov 30, 2018
jlinkd78:
Gradually d international communities are giving their verdict and I must confess d country as currently run is irredeemable except something urgent happens. Buhari in saner climes ought to voluntarily hand over d leadership baton to someone else but no d Nigerian sit tight syndrome will never allow them to do so. All indices of evaluating governance are in d red and one only wonders what their next level portends. The reality of the Next Level mantra becomes more scary when u access what d current level. Since d current level is filled with hardship n pains, it inadvertently means that d Next Level will be a higher level of hardship and pains.
If the dullard happens to win election next year, even the international community will be shocked at the stupidity of Nigerians.

1 Like

Re: AlJazeera: 'Nigeria's Worsening Job Crisis Feels Like There's No Hope' by orisa37: 6:28pm On Nov 30, 2018
The only Hope in Sight right now is Prestructuring of our 36 States for Full Autonomous Control of their Homeland Security, Resources and Elections. FG must be limit to Foreign Affairs and Homeland Affairs must be returned to States Councils of Traditional Rulers.
Re: AlJazeera: 'Nigeria's Worsening Job Crisis Feels Like There's No Hope' by olumajorasake: 7:07pm On Nov 30, 2018
Some idiot still hail Buhari after all the statistics presented to them when we have a lot of vibrant candidate that have experience in leadership and certifications.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Buhari's Government Strengthened Boko Haram By Paying Ransoms - Obasanjo / Troops Neutralize Two Ipob/esn In Gun Battle, Recover Weapons In Imo State / Willy Obiano Is APGA Anambra Guber Candidate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.