Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,793 members, 7,810,065 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:50 PM

Rivers State Government Shows Proof refuting the Army's claims - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rivers State Government Shows Proof refuting the Army's claims (2057 Views)

Army Claims Responsibility For Bombing Of Tudun Biri Villagers In Kaduna / Xenophobia: South African Government Shows Concern Over Threats By NANS / Sen Philip Aduda Refuting The Rumour That He Is Decamping From PDP To APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rivers State Government Shows Proof refuting the Army's claims by mexxy1(m): 1:36am On Nov 30, 2018
Yesterday, a story was posted on Nairaland from the Nigerian Army facebook page that they stormed a militia training camp in Rivers state on this link.

https://www.nairaland.com/4874826/soldiers-storm-illegal-militia-training

It is imperative to put the records straight that there was no militia training camp as the Rivers State Government has provided evidence that the Army headquarters was duly informed of the training/ orientation for recruits into the neighborhood watch.

It is disappointing and very distasteful that the Army will post falsehood online and attack innocent civilians while the armed bandits in the North East are yet to be contained.

Attached are photo evidences from the Rivers State government facebook page that the Army was duly notified.

https://www.facebook.com/1919374901621774/posts/2717554268470496/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Rivers State Government Shows Proof refuting the Army's claims by seanfer(m): 5:13am On Nov 30, 2018
Good this is out... OP please can you provide the Army’s response, and also how come the training was started without carrying the Army along as the posted letter stated?... Who were the Instructors drilling the recruits? How come this is not announced on the radio for the Rivers people to be aware of the development until it was disrupted?... This Neighborhood guys has been going around in while Toyota Hiace bus wearing red polo and black trouser since June to attack their perceived enemies.... I got to know about them when they came to unleash terror in my street....

2 Likes

Re: Rivers State Government Shows Proof refuting the Army's claims by Joyfullyme: 5:21am On Nov 30, 2018
seanfer:
Good this is out... OP please can you provide the Army’s response, and also how come the training was started without carrying the Army along as the posted letter stated?... Who were the Instructors drilling the recruits? How come this is not announced on the radio for the Rivers people to be aware of the development until it was disrupted?... This Neighborhood guys has been going around in while Toyota Hiace bus wearing red polo and black trouser since June to attack their perceived enemies.... I got to know about them when they came to unleash terror in my street....

You are a foolish propagandist.
The army said it suddenly discovered a militia training camp but from the letter even a block head like you should realise that they were aware of the program and just serving the intentions of the APC.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rivers State Government Shows Proof refuting the Army's claims by Kewtt: 6:01am On Nov 30, 2018
seanfer:
You are a very unpatriotic element. And you will NOT escape the consequences of your evils against Nigeria.

The State government needs no permission from the army....

5 Likes

Re: Rivers State Government Shows Proof refuting the Army's claims by kunle75(m): 6:04am On Nov 30, 2018
Joyfullyme:

You are a foolish propagandist.
The army said it suddenly discovered a militia training camp but from the letter even a block head like you should realise that they were aware of the program and just serving the intentions of the APC.

My brother two of you are seeing the same thing from different angle.
The question i will ask two of you is that ,was there any response from the army concerning the letter as regards rivers government request?
It takes two to tangle so two of you need not throw any tantrums.
Security of lives and property is nothing we should politicize please, even here in the state there are neighborhood watch too,they compliments the local police in curbing criminality.

2 Likes

Re: Rivers State Government Shows Proof refuting the Army's claims by Kewtt: 6:10am On Nov 30, 2018
kunle75:

My brother two of you are seeing the same thing from different angle.
The question i will ask two of you is that ,was there any response from the army concerning the letter as regards rivers government request?
It takes two to tangle so two of you need not throw any tantrums.
Security of lives and property is nothing we should politicize please, even here in the state there are neighborhood watch too,they compliments the local police in curbing criminality.
The State government needs no permission from the army.

1 Like

Re: Rivers State Government Shows Proof refuting the Army's claims by FearGodinall: 6:19am On Nov 30, 2018
seanfer:
. I think you are not a being,but a robot. Even the army said,'they discovered an illegal millitia camp' and posted people with white tranining outfit yet, you are dump to comprehend such that you dish out your own version of lies. What a shame! Hope you will not see the proof of notification.

2 Likes

Re: Rivers State Government Shows Proof refuting the Army's claims by FearGodinall: 6:28am On Nov 30, 2018
I now understand your dumdness,i advice if you are a being,read it again and again,that will help you from this show of idiocy.It wasn't a request but notification being established by law.

1 Like

Re: Rivers State Government Shows Proof refuting the Army's claims by technicallyrich(m): 6:31am On Nov 30, 2018
After the federal election,rivers election go sweet pass. It will be like a war film.
Re: Rivers State Government Shows Proof refuting the Army's claims by lordkush: 6:39am On Nov 30, 2018
they should pack all these useless soldiers and thier dirty uniforms to borno to fight

1 Like

Re: Rivers State Government Shows Proof refuting the Army's claims by kunle75(m): 6:45am On Nov 30, 2018
Kewtt:

For real����

I guess that can only happen if we practice true federalism where states control their resources.

Its ok oooo
Re: Rivers State Government Shows Proof refuting the Army's claims by Nobody: 6:48am On Nov 30, 2018
This is shameful.

Even when the letter was written by a retired Brig Gen.

No wonder BH gives them tough time.. No chain of command.

No proper information handling.

Its been long we have intelligent officers at the helm of affairs.

1 Like

Re: Rivers State Government Shows Proof refuting the Army's claims by Nobody: 6:51am On Nov 30, 2018
kunle75:

For real����

I guess that can only happen if we practice true federalism where states control their resources.

Its ok oooo

Stop deceiving yourself, we are in a federal system already.

States makes their law.

2 Likes

Re: Rivers State Government Shows Proof refuting the Army's claims by myettiallah: 6:51am On Nov 30, 2018
Rivers State govt would have added a PS like...
'go to Bornu and destroy Boko haram camps

1 Like

Re: Rivers State Government Shows Proof refuting the Army's claims by fergie001: 7:14am On Nov 30, 2018
Some people are naturally mischievous and gullible.

Some state governments are having their own neighbourhood security watch-es,to localise and complement the security network of their respective states..Lagos,a key example.

This law has been passed by the RSHA,so it is bounded by the extants of its own law. Why should the Military who were earlier informed about this run into the camp,bamboozle and call them 'illegal militia'...
The Head of the Agency used to be one of their own and they should have used back-channels to inform him if they had reservations. They expect our sympathies and prayers in Borno and other parts of the NE,it will be very dangerous of them to become partisan and violent when it comes to the security of lives and properties.
One of the wonders of this government is the COAS & IGP.....they have been oppressors in all ramifications.

1 Like

Re: Rivers State Government Shows Proof refuting the Army's claims by greatiyk4u(m): 7:29am On Nov 30, 2018
Kewtt:

Why the letter, and who will train them?
Re: Rivers State Government Shows Proof refuting the Army's claims by tesppidd: 7:37am On Nov 30, 2018
Lol,

Even though I don't believe the "millitia" story by the Nigerian army,

But this is NO PROOF na!

Who says this letter could not have been drafted in a matter of seconds?

The proof that the Rivers government should be showing us is the letter of response from the Nigerian Army.

Even though the letter is stamped as 'received'
It is still not an acceptance or permission.
Re: Rivers State Government Shows Proof refuting the Army's claims by annnikky(f): 7:52am On Nov 30, 2018
Lagos was apc state that was why they allowed the neighborhood watch buh called it illegal militia in Rivers state because is a pdp state... Soldiers has become apc tool to fight defenceless Nigerians undecided

1 Like

Re: Rivers State Government Shows Proof refuting the Army's claims by mexxy1(m): 9:28am On Nov 30, 2018
I posted this topic since 1am and it is yet to make front page.

If it was a negative story about Rivers state, it would have made front page in a matter of minutes.

I have been observing this trend for a while now that same way foreign media post negative news about Nigeria and Africa, that is how Nairaland has developed a penchant for posting negative stories about Rivers state.

Why are the MOD's wasting time to post this on the front page to dispel the fake news from the Nigerian Army which was posted on the front page yesterday?

1 Like

Re: Rivers State Government Shows Proof refuting the Army's claims by feddis(m): 11:37am On Nov 30, 2018
The tyranny of Buhari's administration is ambiguous and frightening.
Nigeria is gradually loosing its freedom and democracy under Buhari
Re: Rivers State Government Shows Proof refuting the Army's claims by ojobek: 11:56am On Nov 30, 2018
IT IS ONLY IN RIVERS STATE THAT PEOPLE POLITICIZED EVERYTHING.LAGOS STATE HAVE IT'S OWN VERSION OF THE SCHEME CALLED LSNW AND NO CRY OVER THERE BUT HERE IN RIVERS, HMMMM.
Re: Rivers State Government Shows Proof refuting the Army's claims by kunle75(m): 1:28pm On Nov 30, 2018
obibolamusa:

Stop deceiving yourself, we are in a federal system already.

States makes their law.

Hmmmmm i no know that one oooo

(1) (Reply)

Atiku Welcomed By US Officials As He Arrives Trump Hotel In Washington D.C. Pics / Oyedepo, Others Endorse Buhari / Saraki Just Left Ilorin After Losing Election With People Shouting Oleee(video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.