Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,520 members, 7,954,974 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 01:29 PM

PDP Kicks As FG Cautions US Against Granting Atiku Visa Now - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP Kicks As FG Cautions US Against Granting Atiku Visa Now (25297 Views)

FG Cautions Nigerians Against Indiscriminate Posting On Social Media / Hushpuppy: AGF, Malami Cautions Court Against Granting Bail To DCP Abba Kyari / PDP kicks, calls for a rerun as INEC declares Buhari winner (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

PDP Kicks As FG Cautions US Against Granting Atiku Visa Now by Tundemuttee: 6:50am On Nov 30, 2018

Presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party, Atiku Abubakar, has applied for a visa to enable him to visit the United States, our correspondent learnt on Thursday.

It was learnt that the former Vice-President appeared for an interview at the US Embassy on Tuesday in Abuja.

Our correspondent learnt that Atiku would use the trip to make what was described as “political statement” ahead of the 2019 presidential election.

According to our source, those planning the trip with the former VP are out to use it to address some US congress caucuses, as well as a high ranking official in the Donald Trump administration.

However, our source could not confirm if Atiku would also use the opportunity to address the entire congress if he makes the visit.

The source said, “I can authoritatively tell you that Atiku Abubakar went to the US Embassy on Tuesday for an interview and there is hope that he will get it (visa).

“When he gets it, we will use it to make a political statement. This is because those saying he can’t travel to the US will be shamed.

“Apart from that, the trip will be used to sell his candidature and that of the PDP to the entire world. So, let us wait and see what will happen. The PDP and Atiku are ready for the 2019 race.

Reacting to the development, the Federal Government warned the US to be cautious about granting Atiku a visa now.

It said this was necessary in order not to create the impression that the PDP candidate had been endorsed by America for the 2019 election.

Minister of Information and Culture, Alhaji Lai Mohammed, gave the government position at an interactive session with journalists in Abuja on Thursday.

Mohammed, who spoke in his office, said the government was aware of the move by the ex-VP to allegedly lobby the US to lift the visa ban imposed on him.

He said, “We understand and appreciate the fact that it is the prerogative of the US to grant a visa to anyone who applies.

“However, we want the US to be neutral and be wary of taking any decision that will give the impression that they are favouring or endorsing one candidate over the other.

“An impression must not be created that the US government is endorsing one particular candidate over the other.”

The minister alleged that for years, there had been a kind of congressional bi-partisan investigation into the corruption (allegations) against certain individuals, which had made it difficult for Atiku to secure a US visa.

He said, “I am sure you will all recall the Jefferson’s case and the cold $90,000 in a fridge.”

Speaking on security, the minister insisted that despite the recent setback brought about by attacks on the military, Boko Haram had been largely decimated.

On the arrest of Deji Adeyanju, convener of Concerned Nigerians by the police, the minister said “being an activist or in the opposition does not protect anyone from arrest and prosecution’’.

He said the case had been charged to court and it would be prejudicial to make further comments on it.

Meanwhile, the PDP has alleged that the All Progressives Congress “is already jittery because of the calamity that will soon befall them”.

National Chairman of the party, Prince Uche Secondus, who spoke with our correspondent on Atiku’s application for a US visa, asked the APC and FG to be ready to accept defeat in the February presidential election.

He said, “What is their own in the visa that they are calling on the authorities of another country not to grant a private citizen?

“The fact is that the APC government has failed. They are already jittery. They know that the game is up and that’s why they have been running from pillar to post.

“Tell them that their days of deceit are over. Nigerians are tired of them and they can no longer lie or take the people for a ride anymore.”

https://all-gists..com/2018/11/pdp-kicks-as-fg-cautions-us-against-granting-atiku-visa-now.html

40 Likes 7 Shares

Re: PDP Kicks As FG Cautions US Against Granting Atiku Visa Now by NaijaRoyalty(m): 6:52am On Nov 30, 2018
Good

A very big political statement.

Lets see what APC will use to campaign again against Atiku

By the way, why is Lai Muhammed crying like an idiot because Atiku is going to America ?

I thought the lying bastard said Atiku can't enter USA cheesy

200 Likes 9 Shares

Re: PDP Kicks As FG Cautions US Against Granting Atiku Visa Now by baliyubla: 6:53am On Nov 30, 2018
Trump when the Lifeless puts a call through trying to lobby him to deny Atiku Visa. APCs own yaff finish. Lol.

147 Likes 10 Shares

Re: PDP Kicks As FG Cautions US Against Granting Atiku Visa Now by Nobody: 6:53am On Nov 30, 2018
USA want to block their only means of campaign against Atiku grin grin grin grin grin

We are watching

106 Likes 2 Shares

Re: PDP Kicks As FG Cautions US Against Granting Atiku Visa Now by Nobody: 6:56am On Nov 30, 2018
NaijaRoyalty:
Good

Lets see what APC will use to campaign again against Atiku

They will be like

Atiku used 400million dollar to buy USA visa

172 Likes 9 Shares

Re: PDP Kicks As FG Cautions US Against Granting Atiku Visa Now by Alejob: 6:57am On Nov 30, 2018
shocked

These people cannot shock me anymore. Someone that borrow to buy his ticket only for his unemployed son to crash his multi million naira powerbike toy. cool shocked I am the right person to talk to as far as powerbank for your laptop, Phones and LED TV is concerned. See my signature below and recommend. Thanks

163 Likes 13 Shares

Re: PDP Kicks As FG Cautions US Against Granting Atiku Visa Now by Oblitz(m): 6:58am On Nov 30, 2018
This country sef
Re: PDP Kicks As FG Cautions US Against Granting Atiku Visa Now by sojayy(m): 6:58am On Nov 30, 2018
atiku: i wan quickly go America go clear my name.
buhari: u no fit run go anywhere, u must witness ur defeat.

18 Likes 4 Shares

Re: PDP Kicks As FG Cautions US Against Granting Atiku Visa Now by NaijaRoyalty(m): 6:58am On Nov 30, 2018
Kingwizzy16:

They will be like

Atiku used 400million dollar to buy USA visa

APC Lol

40 Likes 2 Shares

Re: PDP Kicks As FG Cautions US Against Granting Atiku Visa Now by boolet: 6:59am On Nov 30, 2018
"...I can authoritatively tell you that Atiku Abubakar went to the US Embassy on Tuesday for an interview and there is hope that he will get it (visa)".

No be immediately dem dey grant or deny visa again? Today na Friday no be so?

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: PDP Kicks As FG Cautions US Against Granting Atiku Visa Now by Buharimustgo: 6:59am On Nov 30, 2018
If its possible for APC,they will seize the air,and give it to only their members

101 Likes 9 Shares

Re: PDP Kicks As FG Cautions US Against Granting Atiku Visa Now by NaijaMutant(f): 6:59am On Nov 30, 2018
Atiku issa goooooaaaaallllll grin

25 Likes

Re: PDP Kicks As FG Cautions US Against Granting Atiku Visa Now by 9japrof(m): 7:00am On Nov 30, 2018
If Atiku really have a corruption charge to answer in the US, let him not allow his political ambition and the quest to prove people wrong make him enter US, it might just be a set-up to grab him...

The embarrassment would be worse than losing an election

Dude doesn't need to go to america to prove anything

42 Likes 4 Shares

Re: PDP Kicks As FG Cautions US Against Granting Atiku Visa Now by olanshi: 7:00am On Nov 30, 2018

I still don't understand why ya'all think that Atiku having a US visa gives him an automatic spot to be a President or making the US looks more like some kinda Heaven!

Give us News that will Move this country forward and NOT some kinda US this, US that propagandas!

You really need to think deep to see past all this political gimmicks...

16 Likes

Re: PDP Kicks As FG Cautions US Against Granting Atiku Visa Now by zeusdgrt(m): 7:00am On Nov 30, 2018
THIS APC GOVERNMENT IS CURSED AND BAPTIZED WITH FAILURE, LIE AS WELL AS FOOLISHNESS

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Kicks As FG Cautions US Against Granting Atiku Visa Now by KenOne: 7:00am On Nov 30, 2018
PDP and lies, was it not the same Gbenga Daniel that said sometimes last month on channels tv that Atiku told him to get a US visa for him but that he wasxnot going to travel.

Was not Doyin Okupe that said early this month that Atiku will be travelling to US on or before November ending and today is last day of November.

No truth in these people that wants to rule Nigeria again. Atiku can not visit US for now unless he becomes a president and with immunity he can visit for UN function.

Atiku visiting America as a former vice president knowing fully well that corruption cases is hanging over his head there, and conviction of his complices over there in US like his wife Jennifer Atiku and William Jefferson and others in Italy and France is like Atiku committing suicide.

We'll keep hearing i have applied for my US visa i will go to US till thou Kingdom come, and he'll never go for now unless he becomes a president. It is called motion without movement. I will and i will.

Bobo Juice abeg next story Atiku and PDP are scam end of discussion!

8 Likes 5 Shares

Re: PDP Kicks As FG Cautions US Against Granting Atiku Visa Now by olaric(m): 7:01am On Nov 30, 2018
Childish people in APC will not stop being foolish.

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: PDP Kicks As FG Cautions US Against Granting Atiku Visa Now by OgogoroFreak(m): 7:01am On Nov 30, 2018
When will Atiku travel to USA?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Kicks As FG Cautions US Against Granting Atiku Visa Now by oyin44: 7:02am On Nov 30, 2018
Atiku really messed up..If truly he is a kind heartily person he shouldn't have involved himself with a dirty deal with Jefferson William.Atiku is not a honest person.l don't trust him..

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Kicks As FG Cautions US Against Granting Atiku Visa Now by duality(m): 7:02am On Nov 30, 2018
Good one!!!

Apc don't want issue based campaign.

Meanwhile, The identity of the man in Aso Rock must be clarified.

Is he Jubrin? Please tell Nigerians.

31 Likes 4 Shares

Re: PDP Kicks As FG Cautions US Against Granting Atiku Visa Now by Nitric(m): 7:02am On Nov 30, 2018
Even if granted visa, Atiku will not set foot in the US.

Who is he trying to deceive?

5 Likes

Re: PDP Kicks As FG Cautions US Against Granting Atiku Visa Now by bilaya(m): 7:03am On Nov 30, 2018
APC is filled with illiterates and hypocrites. When they were openly flirting with the Obama administration, it was okay. Obama worked for APC against Jonathan and I didn't hear Lai Mohammed complain. Anybody still supporting APC is a brainless fool.

39 Likes 6 Shares

Re: PDP Kicks As FG Cautions US Against Granting Atiku Visa Now by MarianaTrench: 7:03am On Nov 30, 2018
9japrof:
If Atiku really have a corruption charge to answer in the US, let him not allow his political ambition and the quest to prove people wrong make him enter US, it might just be a set-up to grab him...

The embarrassment would be worse than losing an election

Dude doesn't need to go to america to prove anything

I hope he goes so the FBI will arrest him grin

7 Likes

Re: PDP Kicks As FG Cautions US Against Granting Atiku Visa Now by Nathdoug(m): 7:03am On Nov 30, 2018
APC evil party full of rogues..

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Kicks As FG Cautions US Against Granting Atiku Visa Now by optimismlaz(m): 7:04am On Nov 30, 2018
Can this be true
Re: PDP Kicks As FG Cautions US Against Granting Atiku Visa Now by oyin44: 7:04am On Nov 30, 2018
Is really a shame ..for a presidential candidates ..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: PDP Kicks As FG Cautions US Against Granting Atiku Visa Now by crossfm: 7:04am On Nov 30, 2018
All this talk about visit USA,wait o is Atiku from USA or is he going to govern America?

6 Likes

Re: PDP Kicks As FG Cautions US Against Granting Atiku Visa Now by chrisxxx(m): 7:04am On Nov 30, 2018
How can APC be crying more than the bereaved? Having leg on the throttle and at same time on the braking pedal could damage the engine.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Kicks As FG Cautions US Against Granting Atiku Visa Now by Nobody: 7:05am On Nov 30, 2018
Atiku the loser.
The thief.
The rogue.
The CRIMINAL

2 Likes 4 Shares

Re: PDP Kicks As FG Cautions US Against Granting Atiku Visa Now by Magalan: 7:06am On Nov 30, 2018
Because trump called him lifeless, he knows Atiku is a better option to developed minds.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: PDP Kicks As FG Cautions US Against Granting Atiku Visa Now by hotspec(m): 7:06am On Nov 30, 2018
I wonder when Lai becomes special adviser to US on visa affairs

15 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Omoyele Sowore Visits Femi Falana In Abuja - Pictures / Atiku: How I Saved Tinubu’s Political Career / What Do You Call A Female President's Husband?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.