Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,013 members, 7,817,986 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:52 AM

Stolen Happiness: A Journey That Never Began - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Stolen Happiness: A Journey That Never Began (280 Views)

Osu’s Happiness - A Short Story, by Chatinent / Hereafter (A Journey To The Otherside) By Alexander Busybrain / A Short Journey That Never Ends. "My Story Of Life". (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Stolen Happiness: A Journey That Never Began by Akukom: 7:45am On Nov 30, 2018
‘‘Welcome dad’’, Nene greeted but got a ‘‘keep your greetings to yourself’’ as response. Nene was the first child of her mum, who is now married to Abel Daniel, a dark skinned man in his late thirties. His job as a security guard on weekends compliments his earnings from being a cobbler during weekdays.

Abel’s marriage to Nene’s mum had been somewhat blissful, well, not until he began to be turned on sexually by Nene’s developing features. Then the pestering began. When all efforts to get into Nene’s pant proved abortive; he resorted to the habit of cooking up lies against poor Nene which were most times occasioned by diverse forms of maltreatment and even denial of food.

Beatrice; Nene’s mum is an average height chubby woman who is in her early thirties. She is a food vendor at the state’s capital city which is just a fifteen minutes’ drive from her house. She gave birth to Nene when she was eighteen to her teenage boyfriend who denied responsibility. She had been taking care of Nene until the arrival of her children with Abel which diverted her priorities towards them.

Nene is a tall, light skinned, good looking girl. Puberty had been kind to her, giving her a full round chest which usually caused a stare. The misunderstanding she had with her mum led to her not supporting education anymore leaving Nene with no choice of sponsoring herself through secondary school. She worked as a waitress at Food Republic and Oh God! She could draw, so she sold her artworks at the eatery. Despite promises of gifts from her male pervert customers she never resorted to advances made by them but worked hard so she could take care of herself and see herself through school. She was not diligent at her place of work but also at school; despite her busy and exhausting schedule still squeezed out time to study, making her top of her class every academic year.

A year later, Nene sat for the West African Senior Secondary School Certificate Examinations, (WASSCE) and passed with flying colours. Joy without bounds filled her heart but it didn’t last long. Mr Abel started his persuasion for sex afresh this time with different tactics including promises of gifts and sponsoring her university education which she resisted consistently. Finally, one fateful day he came up with a devious plan to be kind to her; He offered Nene a cold glass of apple juice and a bowl of coconut rice with a big lap of fried chicken. ‘‘This is suspicious’’, Nene thought to herself. She had eaten nothing since morning except a sausage roll and a bottle of coke she had at work. ‘‘Thanks, I am not hungry’’, she said; ‘‘But I want you to eat’’ he insisted. She finally accepted and devoured the food quickly. Unknown to her, the apple juice had a sedative in it and she drank all of it without noticing the slight difference in taste. In no time, she felt weak and drowsy; sleep engulfed her like a helpless animal in a cage that cannot break free. Happy as Mr Abel could be, he hurriedly took off her clothes while she laid on the sofa and wore a condom he had in his pocket, but was confused which part to exploit first. He ended up choosing her full round breasts and had fun with them, with her little nipples in his mouth most of the time. Her temple was next as he gently caressed it. Finally he was in; enjoying the tightness it offered, forward and backward was the motion for the next twenty minutes till his condom was filled. He got his sweaty body off her and carried her naked along with her clothes to her room and hurried back to clean the blood stains before heading to his bathroom to freshen up though he had nothing to fear because her mum and her siblings had gone to the village to see their grandmother.

The morning of the next day, Nene woke up naked, feeling uneasy she touched herself and noticed the difference; but sadly all she could remember was she came back tired, ate and slept off. She went to the bathroom to freshen up and couldn’t help but drown herself in thoughts of why she woke up naked because it was never a habit of her to sleep naked and why she was feeling sore in her privates. She came out, got dressed and checked the time and realized she was already an hour late for daily shift as she hurriedly picked her phone and hand bag and dashed out of the room. She locked the front door as she presumed Mr Abel had gone to his business station. Evening came, her working hours were over, she strolled back home with Abigail, her new friend. Abigail was the newest employee in her work place was unarguably the only one she could relate with since they were both the same age. Nene and Abigail talked about almost everything; their likes, dislikes, families, and all one could ever imagine. ‘‘Dem no reach, with their kpomo leg?’’ Abigail said in a seemingly loud voice when Nene said that Chelsea will win Real Madrid in the Champions League Final that was to be played the next day. ‘‘I’ve been having this strange feeling all day’’ Nene said. She was about continuing, Abigail keened up with eagerness to listen, Nene’s phone rang; ‘‘Come home now!’’ her mum shouted over the phone. ‘‘I am sorry, I have to go, mum just called’’ Nene apologised as she boarded the next available taxi which hurriedly drove her to the house. ‘‘Thank you’’ she said as she handed the taxi driver his fare. She dashed into the house wondering in fear what bad thing she had done. ‘‘Come over here you stupid child’’ her mum roared as she entered the Living room.

‘‘Mummy, you are back? Welcome’’
‘‘Keep your welcome to yourself’’ she replied
Who did you bring home last night? She asked
‘‘No one, I came home alone yesterday ’’ Nene replied
In no time two hot slaps were stylishly placed on her cheeks as she roared further
What is a used condom doing in my living room?
Used condom? Nene asked
“I go reset your brain ooh, sometin dey worry you for head”? She thundered
‘‘Make I do like say nothing happen, but the next time you try am ehn, you go hear am’’ she said.

Lucky Abel stood behind the door the whole time listening to the conversation between the two and waited some minutes before coming in. He went into his room without wasting time and met his wife who narrated the story to him but responded with no words except shaking his head in disapproval. He cut her short by asking if there was food, of which he was served and afterwards slept like a man with no worries.

The normal hustle began the next morning, every man to their respective work stations while the children sat at home since it was the holiday period. Jane being the eldest of the children was given the sceptre of authority for the day. She was to make lunch for herself and her brothers. How hard can preparing a meal of cereal and buttered bread be for a twelve year old?

As fate had it well planned out, Nene came back earlier than usual from work, she had been vomiting at work and she was left with no choice but to excuse herself back home. Could I be pregnant? She thought to herself while walking back home. From the little knowledge she has acquired from Abigail, vomiting was one of the signs; ‘‘but I have not had sex yet’’ she said as she dismissed the thought. She was home; her siblings were fast asleep after long hours of play. Abel dashed into the house few minutes later as she was leaving the kitchen after taking the dosage as prescribed by the man at the patent medicine shop to reduce her stomach upset. ‘‘Come to my room now’’ Abel requested. She got to her room, dropped her bag and hurried off to his room. What is it this time? She thought to herself as she entered his room. ‘‘Come help me look for my glass case, he requested. Nene obeyed as she went to the corner of the room where he carelessly dumps his books. She bent over looking for it carefully until she felt something hard pressed against her buttocks going up and down. She turned around and there was Abel with his third leg so swollen.

What are you doing? Nene asked
Come here, how hard can you be? He asked
What are talking about?
‘‘You know what I mean; I have promised you a helping hand in your university education’’.
‘‘Get away from me you disgusting pig’’ she roared
‘‘Shut up’’, he said..
Continue: https://akukom.com/stolen-happiness-a-journey-that-never-began/

SOurce: [url]Akukom.com[/url]

(1) (Reply)

My Name Is IMMA Cont'd / Book For Sale / Ⅶ. The Track Of Life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.