Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,822 members, 7,810,156 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:57 PM

AWCON 2018: NFF Promise Super Falcons Huge Bonus To Beat South Africa - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / AWCON 2018: NFF Promise Super Falcons Huge Bonus To Beat South Africa (10739 Views)

DSTV Tweet When South-Africa Beat Egypt Vs When Nigeria Beat South Africa / Nigeria Vs South Africa: 2018 AWCON Final - 4 - 3 Penalties (Full Time) / Cameroon Vs. Nigeria: 2018 AWCON Semi-Final - 2 - 4 - Penalties (Full Time) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

AWCON 2018: NFF Promise Super Falcons Huge Bonus To Beat South Africa by Edithfavourite: 7:58am On Nov 30, 2018
The Nigeria Football Federation president Amaju Pinnick on Thursday promised to reward the Super Falcons with $10,000 if they retain the Africa Women’s Cup of Nations title in Ghana by defeating South Africa on Saturday.

The Falcons battle Banyana Banyana of South Africa in the final of the competition at the Accra Sports Stadium in Ghana on Saturday. The two teams have qualified for the France 2019 World Cup but while the Falcons are seeking to win their ninth African crown, the South Africans want to claim their first title.

Pinnick, who visited the team at their hotel in Accra on Thursday, appealed to the team to win the title as a birthday gift for him. The CAF 1st vice president’s birthday is on Saturday. The Falcons had earned $3,000 for a win in the group phase but were earmarked for $5,000 each for victory in the final.

In a statement on Thursday, Pinnick thanked the team for their resilience, adding that the trophy would be an appreciation of President Muhammadu Buhari’s efforts to football development in the country.

“I want to let you know that the government and the good and great people of Nigeria are happy with your performance in the championship so far. They are looking forward to you retaining the trophy by beating South Africa on Saturday.

“Let me commend the lofty commitment, dedication and resilience that you have displayed so far in the championship, alongside that unique Nigerian spirit that was mostly in evidence against the Cameroonians in the semi-final.

“You are indeed true champions, and we believe you will retain the Cup on Saturday. Go out there and win on Saturday and earn yourselves $10,000 each, as against the $5,000 that the NFF earlier promised.”
Chairman of the Nigeria Women’s Football League Aisha Falode, who was also at the event, thanked the NFF president for the kind gesture, advising the players to use football to bring the nation together.

Team coach Thomas Dennerby also appreciated Pinnick for his promises to the team, adding that the team would not have achieved much without the efforts of the backroom staff, who have forged a strong bond with him.

The team’s captain Onome Ebi and Rita Chikwelu promised that they would overcome Banyana Banyana in Saturday’s final in order to return to Nigeria with the trophy.

Ebi said,
“We have the World Cup ticket now, which was always our first target here. The second is winning the cup for a third successive time and ninth time overall. It is a mission we are determined to accomplish on Saturday.”

https://zenithnaija.com/awcon-2018-nff-promise-super-falcons-huge-bonus-to-beat-south-africa/

2 Likes

Re: AWCON 2018: NFF Promise Super Falcons Huge Bonus To Beat South Africa by harkandey(m): 8:05am On Nov 30, 2018
go falcons, we Nigerians believe in you. you can do it

1 Like

Re: AWCON 2018: NFF Promise Super Falcons Huge Bonus To Beat South Africa by Nobody: 8:16am On Nov 30, 2018
Good incentives from the FG.

Go FALCONS GO.

Make us proud once again!

4 Likes

Re: AWCON 2018: NFF Promise Super Falcons Huge Bonus To Beat South Africa by Nobody: 8:16am On Nov 30, 2018
Go girls! Let's teach them a soccer lesson.
Re: AWCON 2018: NFF Promise Super Falcons Huge Bonus To Beat South Africa by MzTunechi(f): 8:16am On Nov 30, 2018
Go Falcons
Re: AWCON 2018: NFF Promise Super Falcons Huge Bonus To Beat South Africa by Donbosco46: 8:16am On Nov 30, 2018
Come back with the trophy �
Re: AWCON 2018: NFF Promise Super Falcons Huge Bonus To Beat South Africa by Kenekingisback: 8:17am On Nov 30, 2018
Good
Re: AWCON 2018: NFF Promise Super Falcons Huge Bonus To Beat South Africa by nonye6194: 8:18am On Nov 30, 2018
The NFF and the rest of the nation only remember the falcons only when they get to the finals

but if it's ordinary friendly between the super eagles and Chad republic, the whole country would be following the game right from its build up.

6 Likes

Re: AWCON 2018: NFF Promise Super Falcons Huge Bonus To Beat South Africa by Afflalo(m): 8:18am On Nov 30, 2018
South Africa must bow to Super Falcons by force by fire
Re: AWCON 2018: NFF Promise Super Falcons Huge Bonus To Beat South Africa by uriris: 8:18am On Nov 30, 2018
People that can't pay allowance and arrange friendlies are promising heaven and earth because of final. Ọwọ epoundecided
Re: AWCON 2018: NFF Promise Super Falcons Huge Bonus To Beat South Africa by NaijaRoyalty(m): 8:19am On Nov 30, 2018
Goodluck girls
Re: AWCON 2018: NFF Promise Super Falcons Huge Bonus To Beat South Africa by Emmzy201(m): 8:21am On Nov 30, 2018
Bia nkechi make you no come back hia without that trophy o.... Bcus ya mama don dey plan to cook ofe nsala for you special one

2 Likes

Re: AWCON 2018: NFF Promise Super Falcons Huge Bonus To Beat South Africa by tstx(m): 8:23am On Nov 30, 2018
Taaaaaaa.... Make i hear say them give them the bonus
Re: AWCON 2018: NFF Promise Super Falcons Huge Bonus To Beat South Africa by awa(m): 8:25am On Nov 30, 2018
Super Falcons please win the game and be happy. Don't win because of the cash promise because they might not fulfilled their promise ohhhhh

8 Likes

Re: AWCON 2018: NFF Promise Super Falcons Huge Bonus To Beat South Africa by kakaG: 8:26am On Nov 30, 2018
Edithfavourite:
The Nigeria Football Federation president Amaju Pinnick on Thursday promised to reward the Super Falcons with $10,000 if they retain the Africa Women’s Cup of Nations title in Ghana by defeating South Africa on Saturday.

The Falcons battle Banyana Banyana of South Africa in the final of the competition at the Accra Sports Stadium in Ghana on Saturday. The two teams have qualified for the France 2019 World Cup but while the Falcons are seeking to win their ninth African crown, the South Africans want to claim their first title.

Pinnick, who visited the team at their hotel in Accra on Thursday, appealed to the team to win the title as a birthday gift for him. The CAF 1st vice president’s birthday is on Saturday. The Falcons had earned $3,000 for a win in the group phase but were earmarked for $5,000 each for victory in the final.

In a statement on Thursday, Pinnick thanked the team for their resilience, adding that the trophy would be an appreciation of President Muhammadu Buhari’s efforts to football development in the country.

Chairman of the Nigeria Women’s Football League Aisha Falode, who was also at the event, thanked the NFF president for the kind gesture, advising the players to use football to bring the nation together.

Team coach Thomas Dennerby also appreciated Pinnick for his promises to the team, adding that the team would not have achieved much without the efforts of the backroom staff, who have forged a strong bond with him.

The team’s captain Onome Ebi and Rita Chikwelu promised that they would overcome Banyana Banyana in Saturday’s final in order to return to Nigeria with the trophy.

Ebi said,

https://zenithnaija.com/awcon-2018-nff-promise-super-falcons-huge-bonus-to-beat-south-africa/

You people have come with your stupid promises that end up making them fail. Let em win first then you can wag all your fat tongues joor

4 Likes

Re: AWCON 2018: NFF Promise Super Falcons Huge Bonus To Beat South Africa by Pamtoye(m): 8:28am On Nov 30, 2018
I just hope their promise is fufilled this time......I'm tired of seeing female footballers protesting in order to get paid......about d medal....I'm super confident in DA falcons....the ninth victory is theirs!!

3 Likes

Re: AWCON 2018: NFF Promise Super Falcons Huge Bonus To Beat South Africa by Sleekfingers: 8:30am On Nov 30, 2018
Nice one...the falcons need that money...so they need to win

But based on what I have seen so far....the south African team are better than the super falcons.....i am only wishing them luck..because I am a Nigerian....
But if they win south Africa on Saturday..I will simply call it luck....

Cut long story short...the falcons are too sluggish for my liking

Good luck to them sha

4 Likes

Re: AWCON 2018: NFF Promise Super Falcons Huge Bonus To Beat South Africa by Just2endowed2(m): 8:31am On Nov 30, 2018
You see nigeria, they don't prepare but want cheap victory

1 Like

Re: AWCON 2018: NFF Promise Super Falcons Huge Bonus To Beat South Africa by oluwatosink: 8:35am On Nov 30, 2018
nice one falcons...
Asisat will make us proud
embarassed
Re: AWCON 2018: NFF Promise Super Falcons Huge Bonus To Beat South Africa by Sleekfingers: 8:37am On Nov 30, 2018
nonye6194:
The NFF and the rest of the nation only remember the falcons only when they get to the finals

but if it's ordinary friendly between the super eagles and Chad republic, the whole country would be following the game right from its build up.

You are right....they don't regard our women football at all...

And the useless super chickens that they have been spending billions of naira on....
Wetin them don achieve.....they are just sets of useless players.....they are below average....we are just wasting money on them.....

The women should do the needful by protesting etc so that Nff can take them serious

2 Likes

Re: AWCON 2018: NFF Promise Super Falcons Huge Bonus To Beat South Africa by Articul8(m): 8:39am On Nov 30, 2018
Sleekfingers:
Nice one...the falcons need that money...so they need to win

But based on what I have seen so far....the south African team are better than the super falcons.....i am only wishing them luck..because I am a Nigerian....
But if they win south Africa on Saturday..I will simply call it luck....

Cut long story short...the falcons are too sluggish for my liking

Good luck to them sha
You just spoke exactly my mind. That SA team is not joking at alllll...

1 Like

Re: AWCON 2018: NFF Promise Super Falcons Huge Bonus To Beat South Africa by Enivin(m): 8:39am On Nov 30, 2018
Dear falcons, their promises are like mirage, continue in the spirit of unity and commitment and you will come back victorious
Re: AWCON 2018: NFF Promise Super Falcons Huge Bonus To Beat South Africa by Starboytwo(m): 8:44am On Nov 30, 2018
I played with rashidat ajibade at Bishop aggey in ilasa years back..... memories

1 Like

Re: AWCON 2018: NFF Promise Super Falcons Huge Bonus To Beat South Africa by PBseller2254: 8:48am On Nov 30, 2018
Original INEC Life Power. Its brand new and will give you at least 20 hrs back up on your Laptop. Stop wasting money to fuel Gen!

Re: AWCON 2018: NFF Promise Super Falcons Huge Bonus To Beat South Africa by Pidginwhisper: 8:49am On Nov 30, 2018
Oga Picnic sharrap! They should be getting more than 10k. Afterall you'd use a trailer meant for cow to transport them when they arrive if they eventually win.
Re: AWCON 2018: NFF Promise Super Falcons Huge Bonus To Beat South Africa by hopevalley: 8:50am On Nov 30, 2018
I wish them good luck. Click on the link on my signature if you are willing to make millions of naira from agro-export trade.
Re: AWCON 2018: NFF Promise Super Falcons Huge Bonus To Beat South Africa by Mizwisdom(f): 9:01am On Nov 30, 2018
Good one but I don't believe they'll pay. Falcons deserve it, they've dominated AWCON and should be rewarded especially now that other countries have improved
Re: AWCON 2018: NFF Promise Super Falcons Huge Bonus To Beat South Africa by lindaayim(f): 9:03am On Nov 30, 2018
Pidginwhisper:
Oga Picnic sharrap! They should be getting more than 10k. Afterall you'd use a trailer meant for cow to transport them when they arrive if they eventually win.
You sound like a hater look at your name.......
Re: AWCON 2018: NFF Promise Super Falcons Huge Bonus To Beat South Africa by Pidginwhisper: 9:15am On Nov 30, 2018
lindaayim:
You sound like a hater look at your name.......
Ofcourse you can say that again. I hate injustice being melted out on the girls. They deserve better. But then what do you know about football?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Kidnappers Release Sani Toro & Garba Yila / Enugu Govt. Honours AITEO Cup Champions / Protesting Sunshine FC Shutdown Ondo Government House Over Unpaid Salaries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.