Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,942 members, 7,817,765 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:56 PM

U.S. Govt Places Order For Nigeria’s Super Tucano Aircraft - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / U.S. Govt Places Order For Nigeria’s Super Tucano Aircraft (3292 Views)

First Batch Of A-29 Super Tucano Aircraft Departs USA For Nigeria / A-29 Super Tucano Aircraft Project On Course For Delivery As Scheduled. / Deji Adeyanju Places Order For Mustang SRT To Celebrate His Birthday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: U.S. Govt Places Order For Nigeria’s Super Tucano Aircraft by Afamed: 2:46pm On Nov 30, 2018
Nbote:

D mere fact dat U lots don't see anything wrong in dis is clear evidence dat something is definitely wrong with U.. D military is engaged in a war in which it needs all d hardware it can get to finish off dis war once and for all and stop d loss of d lives of it a officers, d govt agrees to purchase aircrafts to aid in d fight. Is d fight going to wait till 2020 or 2024?
keep quiet what did your Hero do with the fund meant to purchase hardware when he was in power

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: U.S. Govt Places Order For Nigeria’s Super Tucano Aircraft by Ojiofor: 2:52pm On Nov 30, 2018
The dullarrs didn't understood what he signed in White house,no wonder Trump called him lifeless president and said never again.

1 Like

Re: U.S. Govt Places Order For Nigeria’s Super Tucano Aircraft by Afamed: 3:03pm On Nov 30, 2018
Ojiofor:
The dullarrs didn't understood what he signed in White house,no wonder Trump called him lifeless president and said never again.
Your grammar self. Lazy youth

1 Like

Re: U.S. Govt Places Order For Nigeria’s Super Tucano Aircraft by Ojiofor: 3:37pm On Nov 30, 2018
Afamed:

Your grammar self. Lazy youth

Lazy mallam it was auto correct error and BTW your boss is still a dullardd.
Re: U.S. Govt Places Order For Nigeria’s Super Tucano Aircraft by grandstar(m): 4:40pm On Nov 30, 2018
RealOne042:
And this administration that promised to end it, what are they waiting for?

It's not easy ending an insurgency

Even America could not end it in Iraq. Best they can do is contain it. They've achieved that to some extent but I'm sure they can do far more

1 Like

Re: U.S. Govt Places Order For Nigeria’s Super Tucano Aircraft by SternProphet: 4:55pm On Nov 30, 2018
Nbote:

D mere fact dat U lots don't see anything wrong in dis is clear evidence dat something is definitely wrong with U.. D military is engaged in a war in which it needs all d hardware it can get to finish off dis war once and for all and stop d loss of d lives of it a officers, d govt agrees to purchase aircrafts to aid in d fight. Is d fight going to wait till 2020 or 2024?

Nigeria can buy four (4) more refurbished Alpha jets while waiting. Refurbished / upgraded SU25 are out of the question. There are none available anymore and it will probably take the same four years to implement and train pilots. Only refurbished Alpha jets and L-39 ZAs are good interim measures but they cannot deliver accurately, hunt for long and kill Boko Haram like Super Tucano because they don't have advanced sensors and they are too fast.

JF 17 probably coming next year or early 2020 but even those are too big and too fast for the Boko Haram kind of engagement.

What we should not accept are ignorant, simple minded people who don't know anything making comments about what they font understand. NAF has the most brilliant engineering and procurement minds but there are real life obstavles and challenges in modern weapons acquisition.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: U.S. Govt Places Order For Nigeria’s Super Tucano Aircraft by dubra: 4:59pm On Nov 30, 2018
Dear people of NAIRALAND, I need your patronage, am a driver with a more than 20yrs experience, I can be hired for both short and long distance travels,both for car deliveries to any part of the country,this is my WHATSAPP number, 08085508012,I can supply both my drivers license/voters card I'd s for verification, am Lagos based, CHINEDU by name,thanks all
Re: U.S. Govt Places Order For Nigeria’s Super Tucano Aircraft by AZeD1(m): 5:03pm On Nov 30, 2018
Nbote:
Dis govt is shameless... So d Tucano dey announced dey are buying is yet to b produced and will b completed in 2024? How can U b ordering for a yet to be produced aircraft for a fight dat is on going and d military in need of all hardware it can get? Dis govt is not jus mad oo, it's supporters have also been transmitted d same madness

Bros when it comes to aircraft, you pay before they manufacture, nobody will start producing an aircraft without collecting the cash upfront.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: U.S. Govt Places Order For Nigeria’s Super Tucano Aircraft by bishopkay: 5:20pm On Nov 30, 2018
grandstar:

It's not easy ending an insurgency

Even America could not end it in Iraq. Best they can do is contain it. They've achieved that to some extent but I'm sure they can do far more

But here you were blaming the PDP in another vein just now.

I don't play politics with lives and boko haram but buhari and his APC got this wrong.

You don't order for some pre colonial fighter jets to be built afresh from scratch for you which would take about 8 years when The battle field is on fire!

It baffles me how this clown was able to rise to the position of general with such poor battle risk analysis, assessment and projection. It shows the caliber of the values upon which our military is built.

We could have gotten better fighting equipment which could have also been delivered faster from China or Russia as spear headed by the GEJ administration for the amount paid for those relics.

Due to the topography and the kinds of enemies we are facing, using attack MI helicopters or gun ships which we could get from Russia would have been a better solution as the enemies are scattered and highly mobile but no the dullard instead went to pay for crafts what won't be available till 2024 and even the surplus hasn't been talked about yet oo
Re: U.S. Govt Places Order For Nigeria’s Super Tucano Aircraft by Festy4u(m): 7:14pm On Nov 30, 2018
Afamed:

When I make use of my sense not relying on the midday news you listen on Radio Biafra

I see, you were the resident zombie stationed on nairaland for comments against your master.

Little advice, if you live anywhere close to the middle belt states avail yourself the opportunity of finding your way to Benue state to pick up your APC pant! It's been shared freely to all zombies of APC. grin
Re: U.S. Govt Places Order For Nigeria’s Super Tucano Aircraft by Afamed: 7:22pm On Nov 30, 2018
Ojiofor:

Lazy mallam it was auto correct error and BTW your boss is still a dullardd.
Mugu, how has " didn't and understood" got to do with auto correct. You are a shame to your generation. Uncle you can lie ooo. Lazy youth.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: U.S. Govt Places Order For Nigeria’s Super Tucano Aircraft by Ojiofor: 7:25pm On Nov 30, 2018
Afamed:

Mugu, how has " didn't and understood" got to do with auto correct. You are a shame to you.r generation. Lazy youth.

If only Buhari knows what auto correct is..
Re: U.S. Govt Places Order For Nigeria’s Super Tucano Aircraft by Cannonleo(m): 7:28pm On Nov 30, 2018
grandstar:

This is a dumb statement

GEJ was not fast in acquiring weapons needed to take down Boko Haram when they were conquering unrestrained parts of the North East. This was inexcusable. Dasuki had turned war funds to a free for all while soldiers were being slaughtered. I shudder at people's callousness.

I'm speaking apolitically as I'm not even a fan of Buhari

oga your T-72s , BMPs , MLRS etc was acquired by who
Re: U.S. Govt Places Order For Nigeria’s Super Tucano Aircraft by Cannonleo(m): 7:33pm On Nov 30, 2018
quickberry2:

Such military hardwares cannot be bought on a cash and carry basis, you have to make a payment before it would be produced.....had it been PDP had done that when in power, we wouldn't be where we are now....stop typing rubbish online
oga say what you know, when you have an equipment on stop gap basis, time is a factor as well as speed and efficiency of the delivery,
We needed a dedicated coin platform other than the MI helos, we had a deal on ground for su 25 frogfoot jets from Russia which had 7 months delivery time with upfront lease of about 3 existing aircraft for half the price on the table and just like the JF-17 thunder deal that should have been finalized , this governments useless sentiments killed those deals and made us weaker.

For your info, the last admin wanted to by this very platform direct from brazil which is the country of initial manufacture, and they were willing to supply in 1yr 4months.

Now look what we have
Re: U.S. Govt Places Order For Nigeria’s Super Tucano Aircraft by Afamed: 7:34pm On Nov 30, 2018
Ojiofor:

If only Buhari knows what auto correct is..
Product of miracle centres. There is nothing to auto correct in "didn't understood." You no Sabi u no sabi

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: U.S. Govt Places Order For Nigeria’s Super Tucano Aircraft by bilulu(m): 8:15pm On Nov 30, 2018
quickberry2:

Such military hardwares cannot be bought on a cash and carry basis, you have to make a payment before it would be produced.....had it been PDP had done that when in power, we wouldn't be where we are now....stop typing rubbish online
short memory will not kill you there.... have you forgotten when Lai and his people were shouting dat US shouldn't sell weapon to Nigeria? have u forgotten how US blocked everywhere so dat we won't be able to procure arms? that resulted Nigeria going to d black market and same US in connivance wit South Africa cried to high heavens.... You guys were shouting den thinking you were doing GEJ not knowing u guys wit Buhari himself were sinking Buhari.... don't forget Wen is was said months after GEJ handed over dat d weapons he was able to procure arrived dat Wen d military said they were using d weapons GEJ bought... Buhari was in power in 1984 which weapon did he procure.
Re: U.S. Govt Places Order For Nigeria’s Super Tucano Aircraft by quickberry2(m): 9:03pm On Nov 30, 2018
bilulu:

short memory will not kill you there.... have you forgotten when Lai and his people were shouting dat US shouldn't sell weapon to Nigeria? have u forgotten how US blocked everywhere so dat we won't be able to procure arms? that resulted Nigeria going to d black market and same US in connivance wit South Africa cried to high heavens.... You guys were shouting den thinking you were doing GEJ not knowing u guys wit Buhari himself were sinking Buhari.... don't forget Wen is was said months after GEJ handed over dat d weapons he was able to procure arrived dat Wen d military said they were using d weapons GEJ bought... Buhari was in power in 1984 which weapon did he procure.

You will die before me, show me the proof of Lai Mohammed saying that or go back into your cage

You are even a dull graduate, see your life in the attached image

1 Like

Re: U.S. Govt Places Order For Nigeria’s Super Tucano Aircraft by FearGodinall: 10:02pm On Nov 30, 2018
grandstar:

This is a dumb statement

GEJ was not fast in acquiring weapons needed to take down Boko Haram when they were conquering unrestrained parts of the North East. This was inexcusable. Dasuki had turned war funds to a free for all while soldiers were being slaughtered. I shudder at people's callousness.

I'm speaking apolitically as I'm not even a fan of Buhari. Do you that over 1bd has been expended on defence and has nothing to show for,apart from what the lifeless unknownly over paid the US government. If GEJ government never aquired any weapon as you ignorantly claim, what ammunitions is the military using since the only know fighter jet the brainless mofo ordered is yet to be delivered to the lazy nigerian army.

Re: U.S. Govt Places Order For Nigeria’s Super Tucano Aircraft by bilulu(m): 8:40am On Dec 01, 2018
quickberry2:

You will die before me, show me the proof of Lai Mohammed saying that or go back into your cage

You are even a dull graduate, see your life in the attached image
like I said short memory will not kill you there.... if you can't remember why not ask your friend google to remind you how APC sabotage the fight against Boko Haram when all there where doing was just politics.... now the table has turned and wat they created is consuming dem now.... God always have his own ways of doing things...
Re: U.S. Govt Places Order For Nigeria’s Super Tucano Aircraft by quickberry2(m): 8:46am On Dec 01, 2018
bilulu:

like I said short memory will not kill you there.... if you can't remember why not ask your friend google to remind you how APC sabotage the fight against Boko Haram when all there where doing was just politics.... now the table has turned and wat they created is consuming dem now.... God always have his own ways of doing things...

You are a mumu, APC an opposition party(at the time) sabotaged the fight against terrorism...use your brain
Re: U.S. Govt Places Order For Nigeria’s Super Tucano Aircraft by bilulu(m): 10:02am On Dec 01, 2018
quickberry2:

You are a mumu, APC an opposition party(at the time) sabotaged the fight against terrorism...use your brain
what do you even no.... can't spend my precious morning exchanging words with a fellow who can't reason for himself....
Re: U.S. Govt Places Order For Nigeria’s Super Tucano Aircraft by quickberry2(m): 10:33am On Dec 01, 2018
bilulu:

what do you even no.... can't spend my precious morning exchanging words with a fellow who can't reason for himself....

See someone that can reason for himself...I wan laff ooi

(1) (2) (Reply)

Power Has Shifted In Aso Rock – Reno Omokri Mocks Femi Adesina And Garba Shehu / Some Part Of River State Comply With Biafra Day Sit At Home Order - Pics / Just In: Okezie Ikpeazu Completes Osisioma Flyover, Aba Now Ultra Modern City

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.