Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,756 members, 7,824,169 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:15 AM

Though My Parents Were Poor, The Church Demanded 30% Of Our Income As Tithes!!! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Though My Parents Were Poor, The Church Demanded 30% Of Our Income As Tithes!!! (336 Views)

Why I Demanded Return Of Tithe From My Former Church – Abuja Man / Wale Oke: God Killed UNILAG Lecturer Who Demanded Sex From My Daughter / Pastor E.A Adeboye Reacts To Daddy Freeze's Comments On Tithes (VIDEO) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Though My Parents Were Poor, The Church Demanded 30% Of Our Income As Tithes!!! by Niflheim(m): 12:16pm On Nov 30, 2018
So sad!!! cry cry cry cry cry cry

Yet sooooooooo stupid!!! angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry

FULL STORY:

A man has revealed how his childhood was ruined by sexual assault, physical abuse and poverty when his parents joined a 'cult'.

Trevor Glass, 45, is a CEO from the Gold Coast who was brought up in the worldwide Protestant Christian movement Word of Faith.

Born in South Africa, his parents joined the church when Mr Glass's great uncle listened to radio broadcasts by Herbert Armstrong, the leader, which lead the family to believe they had found 'the truth'.

The decision to join the church resulted in a life that Mr Glass has spent decades recovering from.

'I was personally molested along with at least 54 other kids in the church by a man that would visit homes of church members that had young boys,' he told FEMAIL.

'He would abuse the boys but we were all too afraid to speak up because we were taught to respect our elders and that people within the church were God's chosen few.'
Mr Glass grew up poor as the policy of the church required followers to give up to 30 per cent of their salary to tithes.

They also had to give additional freewill offerings to designated church gatherings throughout the year.

'We often had no food to eat and had to rely on handouts and a lot of the clothes I wore were hand-me-downs,' he said.
On top of this, they never celebrated Christmas, Easter, birthdays and other 'pagan' holidays.

The family attended church on Saturdays and weren't allowed to play sport or participate in any 'worldly' activities from sunset on Friday to sunset on Saturday...............................

FOR MORE DETAILS, PLEASE CLICK ON THE FOLLOWING LINK:....................................https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-6387297/CEO-reveals-like-growing-cult-disguised-religion.html

Re: Though My Parents Were Poor, The Church Demanded 30% Of Our Income As Tithes!!! by JeromeBlack: 12:29pm On Nov 30, 2018
Many churches are cults in disguise.

Shame

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Though My Parents Were Poor, The Church Demanded 30% Of Our Income As Tithes!!! by hahn(m): 3:55pm On Nov 30, 2018
Christianity is a pagan cult. Anyone who believes otherwise is only being delusional

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Faith Without Works / Why God Created Woman. (true Reason) / Apostle Johnson Suleman And Omotosho Contradicting Prophecy Concerning Trump

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.