Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,722 members, 7,820,507 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:11 PM

Keke-marwa: The Latest Menace To The Society - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Keke-marwa: The Latest Menace To The Society (19581 Views)

Reconstruction Of Buba Marwa Road, Amuwo Odofin With Concrete / Menace Of Okada In Owerri Township: Pictures & Video / Deportees How Did You Blend Into The Society? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Keke-marwa: The Latest Menace To The Society by LesbianBoy(m): 3:27pm On Nov 30, 2018
It's because buhari is in power that is why it looks like they are a menace.

Vote atiku and obi and everything will be alright
Re: Keke-marwa: The Latest Menace To The Society by Jarus(m): 3:27pm On Nov 30, 2018
davit:
Thanks for this piece. Honestly, kèké drivers are something on our roads nowadays. I think their operation seriously needs to be well regulated. And if not possible, they should be banned!

Banning them will make matters worse - worse traffic situation in streets. Imagine not having keke alternative on Ajah-Addo-Badore road.
Re: Keke-marwa: The Latest Menace To The Society by Opinionated: 3:28pm On Nov 30, 2018
Na wah
Re: Keke-marwa: The Latest Menace To The Society by Khallyella(f): 3:28pm On Nov 30, 2018
myettiallah:

so u have never used it before?

Never, Ever..
I'll rather trek to my destination
Re: Keke-marwa: The Latest Menace To The Society by Khallyella(f): 3:29pm On Nov 30, 2018
seunlly:
Or Trailer overtake it beside 3rd Mainland bridge.
Bye bye

Lmao grin

1 Like

Re: Keke-marwa: The Latest Menace To The Society by nayolight(m): 3:31pm On Nov 30, 2018
Paint your car to yellow that way they can't leave their paint on your car Cus I perceived that is the major problem stated here.
Re: Keke-marwa: The Latest Menace To The Society by Treasure17(m): 3:32pm On Nov 30, 2018
Very true especially here in Lagos. They are known for their reckless driving and overspeeding which most times result to crashes. Patience is out of their dictionary after taking weed with alcohol.
Re: Keke-marwa: The Latest Menace To The Society by Jogab: 3:33pm On Nov 30, 2018
all commercial drivers/bikers are the same in terms of lawlessness. instead of banning, I think the law enforcement officers should be able to curb the social menace.
Re: Keke-marwa: The Latest Menace To The Society by wagazala: 3:34pm On Nov 30, 2018
Bustincole:
Those days we thought Tipper driver are crazy until Danfo Driver came to awa midst

Dat one neva do, we dey manage d craze wey dey d danfo driver like dat, until okada arrive, den we realise dat Danfo are a frends

dat one sef neva do, we try and cope wit okada, until dis keke came fully, den we are now begging for dem to banned dem, if we did not accept dem like dat

wat will show up after dis will be brutal

grin Maybe na horse.
Re: Keke-marwa: The Latest Menace To The Society by baslone: 3:35pm On Nov 30, 2018
Jarus:
A safer alternative to Okada in my view. And in areas I'm familiar with, they don't compete for main lanes of the road with cars, they only manouvre through the side spaces that would have hardly been useful to cars anyway.

I don't see them as menace.

And in the process they scratch your car and beg.

It happens everyday

2 Likes

Re: Keke-marwa: The Latest Menace To The Society by oasis10: 3:37pm On Nov 30, 2018
I hope when they ban them, they come knocking at your door for daily meal you will provide for them, if not i don't need to tell you what will happen, please nobody should ban anything, the hunger and unemployment rate is terrible, this Maruwa is keeping many of them at pace, i need to sleep with one eye open for now not with both eyes open. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
davit:
Thanks for this piece. Honestly, kèké drivers are something on our roads nowadays. I think their operation seriously needs to be well regulated. And if not possible, they should be banned!
Re: Keke-marwa: The Latest Menace To The Society by sundayoga(m): 3:38pm On Nov 30, 2018
It is terrible. Check my signature
Re: Keke-marwa: The Latest Menace To The Society by XklusivGistBlog(m): 3:39pm On Nov 30, 2018
So una wan collect my hustle join. U nor well
Re: Keke-marwa: The Latest Menace To The Society by Mexyz(m): 3:39pm On Nov 30, 2018
seunlly:
Or Trailer overtake it beside 3rd Mainland bridge.
Bye bye
grin grin....What's a keke Marwa going to do on 3rd mainland bridge? They don't ply the Mainland to Island route na.
Re: Keke-marwa: The Latest Menace To The Society by iamdexzy(m): 3:40pm On Nov 30, 2018
autojosh:

In Lagos, Keke Marwa became very prevalent on roads after the ban on Okada activities in Lagos state.

They were considered a blessing – especially to those who plied routes that Okadas were prohibited from plying.

Sadly, Keke Marwa has become a terror on wheels on our roads.

Over time, Keke Marwa has degenerated into a terrible nightmare for road users in Lagos. They have become prime sources of trauma to commuters and other motorists.

These terror on the road have become notorious for reckless over-speeding, disobeying traffic rules and meandering through every available space between vehicles on snarled- up traffic situations,  leaving paint marks on other vehicles, etc. Clearly, Keke Marwa poses a great danger to the lives of those boarding it.

Some are wont to call for its outright ban. However, another school of thought believes a ban on Keke Marwa would lead Lagos state lead to a great traffic fiasco.

Indeed, Lagos state, with an incredible reputation for traffic gridlocks, is in a dilemma.

What do you think should be done to check the excesses of the Keke Marwa menace?

Source:

https://autojosh.com/keke-marwa-the-latest-menace-to-the-society/

Re: Keke-marwa: The Latest Menace To The Society by wisebrains: 3:41pm On Nov 30, 2018
Let's come to think of this, when okada riders were banned from all major roads in Lagos state, these same okada riders ended up acquiring marwa, with same driving mentality. Normally it's is duty of traffic agencies like LASMA and police to checkmate this menace, but once they are given 'kolanut' nothing matters again.
Re: Keke-marwa: The Latest Menace To The Society by wisebrains: 3:42pm On Nov 30, 2018
Mexyz:
grin grin....What's a keke Marwa going to do on 3rd mainland bridge? They don't ply the Mainland to Island route na.

Lol. Any keke marwa on 3rd mainland bridge is on suicide mission. grin
Re: Keke-marwa: The Latest Menace To The Society by Nobody: 3:42pm On Nov 30, 2018
Mods, if na me post this, will you push it to FP?
Re: Keke-marwa: The Latest Menace To The Society by iamdexzy(m): 3:43pm On Nov 30, 2018
because u ave a car of ur own, thats y u are saying rubbish. Bros pack well
Re: Keke-marwa: The Latest Menace To The Society by Yankee101: 3:46pm On Nov 30, 2018
Where will the drivers transition too?

You don't fracture a part of the economy without alternatives

That's when a real menace will emerge in robberies & dysfunction
Re: Keke-marwa: The Latest Menace To The Society by Kaycee9242(m): 3:46pm On Nov 30, 2018
Wat do u expect wnen its same okada ppl dt migrated to keke drivers without even learning how to drive it, dy still handle it as if its okada
Re: Keke-marwa: The Latest Menace To The Society by XCLUX(m): 3:48pm On Nov 30, 2018
Dont come and spoil market for us, just bought 2 keke today. grin it is hard out there my G

1 Like

Re: Keke-marwa: The Latest Menace To The Society by lawrence35(m): 3:48pm On Nov 30, 2018
Keke is far better, safer than bikes.

It helps, leave them for us.

1 Like

Re: Keke-marwa: The Latest Menace To The Society by Uptown7(m): 3:51pm On Nov 30, 2018
Khallyella:
I've got phobia for marwa, usually imagine me being inside and a heavy wind blowing the marwa away grin
lol...that can't happen anyway
Re: Keke-marwa: The Latest Menace To The Society by AgbariOjukwu1: 3:53pm On Nov 30, 2018
XCLUX:
Dont come and spoil market for us, just bought 2 keke today. grin it is hard out there my G

Olowo grin grin
Re: Keke-marwa: The Latest Menace To The Society by KrystosCJ(m): 4:02pm On Nov 30, 2018
Build Keke lane just like BRT.
Re: Keke-marwa: The Latest Menace To The Society by NaijaNaWaa: 4:02pm On Nov 30, 2018
Wait till you meet the madmen of Keke-NAPEP on Abuja roads.
Re: Keke-marwa: The Latest Menace To The Society by AyeMoJuba: 4:05pm On Nov 30, 2018
seunlly:
Not without government providing Jobs for them. We have graduate among them.
So if they ban it, what do you want them to be doing?

See selfishness...so they can be banned if graduates are not among them?
Re: Keke-marwa: The Latest Menace To The Society by CocoaOla: 4:07pm On Nov 30, 2018
abeg help us warn them ooo dragging road with engine of 100hp+ spent close to 80k on my front bumper because of this touts keke drivers
Re: Keke-marwa: The Latest Menace To The Society by nonye6194: 4:08pm On Nov 30, 2018
autojosh abeg leave us with our Keke drivers alone. Okada and danfo still cause more problems in Lagos than Keke. Even some GOkada guys head no dey here.

Keke poses less danger than okada and cost less too. Imagine life with one in Isolo and oshodi streets and roads

1 Like

Re: Keke-marwa: The Latest Menace To The Society by Focusmind: 4:09pm On Nov 30, 2018
ednut1:
Una don come again.

You be keke driver?
Re: Keke-marwa: The Latest Menace To The Society by seunlly(m): 4:11pm On Nov 30, 2018
AyeMoJuba:
[/b]

See selfishness...so they can be banned if graduates are not among them?

Nooo man.
You should understand now
I'm just trying to say Banning them issa bad thing.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Born In UK But Living In Nigeria / Spanish Government Deports 23 Nigerians / Dana Air Explains Why Their Plane Overshot Runway In Port Harcourt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.