Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,250 members, 7,815,372 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:23 AM

APC Leader Tinubu Envious Of Chelsea FC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC Leader Tinubu Envious Of Chelsea FC (274 Views)

Why Should Obasanjo Be Envious Of Tinubu? (picture) / APC Leader, Tinubu Hospitalised In US, Undergoes Surgery - Sahara Reporters / Osinowo: Senators Pay Condolence Visit To APC National Leader, Tinubu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

APC Leader Tinubu Envious Of Chelsea FC by Concisenews: 4:27pm On Nov 30, 2018
Chieftain of the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) Bola Tinubu has revealed that he is envious of Premier League side Chelsea because he is a staunch Manchester United fan.

Tinubu said this when Super Eagles captain Mikel Obi paid him a visit at his Bourdillon, Ikoyi home in Lagos.

The China-based Mikel had visited the APC bigwig to seek his support for his talent hunt programme – Africa’s Next Football Superstar.

“I’m very proud and honoured to receive you (Mikel). I’m a great fan of football even though not much of a fan of your former club (Chelsea). I sincerely tried to watch Chelsea all the time you were there because you are a great talent,” Tinubu said.

And in a chat with Punch, the former Lagos state governor said: “Chelsea is not my club but he (Mikel) is my club and we will support his project. I’m a Man United fan to the core.

“Last weekend, I watched the Tottenham Hotspur and Chelsea game with one eye because I’m always envious of Chelsea. I always wish we (Manchester United) beat them. I sympathise with him (Mikel), his former club had to take a hit from Tottenham.

“When Mikel was there, however, I watched Chelsea each time he was on the pitch with both eyes because he’s a great talent. It’s been a wonderful homecoming for him and we will do everything to support him.”

Image: Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu with Mikel Obi.

Source:

https://www.concisenews.global/2018/11/30/im-envious-of-chelsea-as-a-man-united-fan-says-tinubu/

(1) (Reply)

Give Me Nigeria And Ghana To Recolonize And In One Year They Become First Class / Some People Lobbied Osinbajo To Be His VP Assuming I’d Die -buhari / Buhari Ate This Meat...watch And See

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.