Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,454 members, 7,830,259 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:46 PM

Diamond Bank To Sell Off All Its International Branches, Now A National Bank - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Diamond Bank To Sell Off All Its International Branches, Now A National Bank (29120 Views)

Access Holdings To Acquire National Bank Of Kenya Limited / True Story Of Pensioner Who Was "Chased Away By Diamond Bank Manager" / Woman Loses N572,000 Pension In Her Diamond Bank Account To Fraudsters In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Diamond Bank To Sell Off All Its International Branches, Now A National Bank by youngalex(m): 7:39am On Dec 01, 2018
Corporate Corruption is prevalent in our financial institutions with huge loans granted to cronies,inflated contracts and insider deals leading to the collapse of many banks,the huge debt burden of diamond is ther greatest challenge and the tendency of recovery is very slim .
Re: Diamond Bank To Sell Off All Its International Branches, Now A National Bank by chuckjonesbaba(m): 7:41am On Dec 01, 2018
KingKingKing:
Well Diamond is one hell of a bleeped up bank!
A bank that is watered with tribalism and nepotism, i don't feel sad for them, Take this from me before Dec 2019 Diamond bank will cease to exist!

Look at Banks like GT and First bank run by The westerners see how they have stood the test of time and are amongst the 3best banks in Nigeria!

Even FCMB isn't doing badly!

Tribalism by some Easterners has destroyed Diamond bank!

Smh.. must everything be about tribe?

5 Likes

Re: Diamond Bank To Sell Off All Its International Branches, Now A National Bank by AngelicBeing: 7:43am On Dec 01, 2018
enemachris:
My brother dnt cry for us, cry for yourself. Run away soldier like u.
Hahaha, why won't l run, the over 100 soldiers killed few days ago by bokoharam will prefer to flee Nigeria and have peace than to be killed like chickens by a ragtag terrorist grin

1 Like

Re: Diamond Bank To Sell Off All Its International Branches, Now A National Bank by BabaIbo: 7:45am On Dec 01, 2018
KingKingKing:

Don't be sily!

Zenith bank isn't tribaliatic hence their good standing!

Diamond is what it is today cuz of how greedy nd tribalistic dey are... The only bank "CEod" from the other side doing so well is Zenith,

And your claim that is the biggest can still be argued

What about those defunct banks that their former owners were not easterners, especially those from your sw.
You don't have a point Mr man, even though diamond have issues at the moment, it's not due to tribalism, it might be due to mismanagement and that is why they brought in another head to savage the situation.

You can argue it now, since you're Emefiele the CBN governor or Director of NDIC etc, to know more than the established fact.

I think your problem is not just the being tribalistic but something might have happened between you and the bank, because I don't know why you're so pained.

10 Likes

Re: Diamond Bank To Sell Off All Its International Branches, Now A National Bank by livinbygrace: 7:47am On Dec 01, 2018
AngelicBeing:
Signs of a distressed outfits and useless corrupt management team using depositors money to drink beer and eat goat meat peppersoup grin

I thoughti was the only one that noticed that trends among Diamond Bank staff.They like beer parlour too much.

1 Like

Re: Diamond Bank To Sell Off All Its International Branches, Now A National Bank by mamatwiny(f): 7:50am On Dec 01, 2018
Chukazu:

He used which money for election ?

You just come online and start typing nonsense

Go and check the records of Otti at Diamond and come back to rephrase

Diamond has always had cash flow issue right from Otti time...That was why it was very hard for them to pay dividend no matter how good the published result looked.
Re: Diamond Bank To Sell Off All Its International Branches, Now A National Bank by Tyche(m): 7:51am On Dec 01, 2018
mamatwiny:

You are wrong. The family entered on rescue mission. It was the fmr MD that contested for Abia guber under Apga that messed up the books. I suspect he used the money for election as well as sharing money to customers in the name of loan with no collateral under 48hrs. Their risk appetite was huge. Lot of Nigerian traders saw it as an avenue to hammer and they did resulting to bad loans. Uzoma Dozie was put their as an eye to help salvage the bank coa they still got assets andnd can turn around if properly managed.

You said it all. This is the gospel truth
Re: Diamond Bank To Sell Off All Its International Branches, Now A National Bank by elderhimself(m): 7:53am On Dec 01, 2018
Diamond Bank? ... we are finally finished

Re: Diamond Bank To Sell Off All Its International Branches, Now A National Bank by Skirmishes(m): 7:56am On Dec 01, 2018
coputa:
Why,don't just post vague statements.Diamond bank still remains one of the best around,now that they've gone national,I am seeing them at the top.

Am sure you a staff there.. u saying now they've gone national as if that's an achievement.. Bank that was international now National is a demotion and a disgrace. They just like micro finance banks in Nigeria..

2 Likes

Re: Diamond Bank To Sell Off All Its International Branches, Now A National Bank by KingKingKing: 7:56am On Dec 01, 2018
smasher1:

Don't be too sure. First bank, that was first was killed by your brothers. It's struggling to enter top five banks in Nigeria.

get education bro, stop littering the cyber space with your illiteracy,

First bank is amongst the top 3 banks in Nigeria

www.informationng.com/2018/08/top-10-best-banks-in-nigeria-and-their-worth-2018-latest-ranking-list.html

https://opera.pulse.ng/bi/finance/5-nigerian-banks-make-it-to-the-list-of-top-1-000-global-banks-id8585854.html

https://corporatefinanceinstitute.com/resources/careers/companies/top-banks-in-nigeria/.

www.hotvibesmedia.com.ng/2017/08/top-10-best-commercial-banks-in-nigeria.html?m=1

Union bank owned by ur brothers that used to be the best bank in the 80's was killed by ur brothers and it is not among d top 30 in Nigeria today

1 Like

Re: Diamond Bank To Sell Off All Its International Branches, Now A National Bank by SpearHead: 8:04am On Dec 01, 2018
KingKingKing:
A bank that is watered with tribalism and nepotism, i don't feel sad for them, Take this from me before Dec 2019 Diamond bank will cease to exist!

Look at Banks like GT and First bank run by The westerners see how they have stood the test of time and are amongst the 3best banks in Nigeria!

Who is more tribalistic here?
Westerners with all your self acclaimed knowledge, how have you managed the Nigerian economy?
With all your churches that is filled with kits and kins as pastors, who has complained and who is more tribalistic?
Who managed oceanic bank and it fell?
Who managed intercontinental?
What of the recent Skye bank?
Please face the issue at hand and stop raising unnecessary dust cos you guys are more tribalistic in the whole country

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Diamond Bank To Sell Off All Its International Branches, Now A National Bank by Akuneshiobike(m): 8:06am On Dec 01, 2018
timolala:
Great move
Great move u said? Having been in the banking industry, I can categorically tell u that Diamond Bank is not finding it funny these days. Another bank buying it over loading...
Re: Diamond Bank To Sell Off All Its International Branches, Now A National Bank by wink2015(m): 8:09am On Dec 01, 2018
KingKingKing:

If Fidelity bank is not careful they will go the way of Diamond bank.

Now Diamond bank is selling their International assets to sustain their Nigerian branches.

Pascal Dozie destroyed Diamond bank by turning banking business to family trading.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Diamond Bank To Sell Off All Its International Branches, Now A National Bank by Ologogoro: 8:10am On Dec 01, 2018
Mbamifeanyi:

Ur account cannot b on NO debit, if u havnt don any suspicious transaction with It..or if your bvn havnt been linked to thé Account..
.. Note: It could be from à friend/customer Dat made à transfer to ur Account.. I had similar case with dem bt It has bn résolved...

Bro, I understand you clearly but I also know what I'm saying, on that day I transferred through the *426# code and later I was told I've exceeded my daily transfer which to me is understandable, then the next morning I want to make another transfer and it keep saying insufficient fund. Note: I've not received any credit from the account in 2weeks. Thank God that I have some change in my zenith I would have been stranded here, I called there customer care the lady said he can see my account is on hold but she can't find the reason for it that I should visit their branch but diamond bank isn't here.
Re: Diamond Bank To Sell Off All Its International Branches, Now A National Bank by J0hnTrevolt(m): 8:20am On Dec 01, 2018
allanphash7:
Mogbe

I've been trying to perform a transfer and it's not going yet o

Diamond bank please respect yourself o
same here oo!
Tried withdrawing from Atm and they debited me without payment.
How man go run dis weekend nw? sad

1 Like

Re: Diamond Bank To Sell Off All Its International Branches, Now A National Bank by Pitokwe(m): 8:26am On Dec 01, 2018
zoedew:

If only you know that the family just stripped the bank of an asset to cut its losses and make a run for it leaving the downgrade for Access Bank to take over in satisfaction of the debt owed it by Diamond Bank when it borrowed from the former to stay afloat!

You are well informed. Seem like you are insider
Re: Diamond Bank To Sell Off All Its International Branches, Now A National Bank by BeautifulMind2: 8:28am On Dec 01, 2018
KingKingKing

BeautifulMind2:

Intercontinental bank, Equatorial bank, Sky bank and many others that are no more were all managed by Yorubas, Igbos are far better than Yorubas in financial management, same Igbos manages, Zenith bank, Fidelity bank, UBA, Union bank and Access bank. Igbos today control banking sector your envy and hate can't stop them.

1 Like

Re: Diamond Bank To Sell Off All Its International Branches, Now A National Bank by mrpenn76: 8:31am On Dec 01, 2018
henryobinna:
Haaaa! So they're having a little crisis?

No wonder they've been delaying to credit my international payment

They will always delay transactions via international telling you no network or we are sorry for the inconveniences
Re: Diamond Bank To Sell Off All Its International Branches, Now A National Bank by smasher1(m): 8:33am On Dec 01, 2018
KingKingKing:

www.informationng.com/2018/08/top-10-best-banks-in-nigeria-and-their-worth-2018-latest-ranking-list.html

Let me list top five banks based on profit for the past three years and now for you to see where first bank is. Zenith, GTB, UBA, Access, STANBIC-IBTC. Take note that first bank is struggling to enter number six. Also top bank is not based on deposits alone FYI. Otherwise GTB won't be in top five. There are various indices including profitability, NPL ratios. That is why first bank is not among the top five banks

https://opera.pulse.ng/bi/finance/5-nigerian-banks-make-it-to-the-list-of-top-1-000-global-banks-id8585854.html

https://corporatefinanceinstitute.com/resources/careers/companies/top-banks-in-nigeria/.

www.hotvibesmedia.com.ng/2017/08/top-10-best-commercial-banks-in-nigeria.html?m=1

Union bank owned by ur brothers that used to be the best bank in the 80's was killed by ur brothers and it is not among d top 30 in Nigeria today
Re: Diamond Bank To Sell Off All Its International Branches, Now A National Bank by tobechukwu7(m): 8:38am On Dec 01, 2018
zoedew:

If only you know that the family just stripped the bank of an asset to cut its losses and make a run for it leaving the downgrade for Access Bank to take over in satisfaction of the debt owed it by Diamond Bank when it borrowed from the former to stay afloat!

I heard Shell sold off some of it's Nigerian assets, does it also mean the company is in crisis? Since they also gave similar reasons, saying they want to focus on some other areas.. kindly clarify me please ..anyone
Re: Diamond Bank To Sell Off All Its International Branches, Now A National Bank by flexyrule(m): 8:40am On Dec 01, 2018
SpearHead:

Who is more tribalistic here?
Westerners with all your self acclaimed knowledge, how have you managed the Nigerian economy?
With all your churches that is filled with kits and kins as pastors, who has complained and who is more tribalistic?
Who managed oceanic bank and it fell?
Who managed intercontinental?
What of the recent Skye bank?
Please face the issue at hand and stop raising unnecessary dust cos you guys are THE MOST tribalistic ethnic group in the whole country
FIXED
Re: Diamond Bank To Sell Off All Its International Branches, Now A National Bank by efighter: 8:41am On Dec 01, 2018
Paruz1015:
How the mighty Diamond Bank has fallen. embarassed embarassed

Diamond Bank has never been mighty.
Re: Diamond Bank To Sell Off All Its International Branches, Now A National Bank by MarianaTrench: 8:41am On Dec 01, 2018
youngalex:
Corporate Corruption is prevalent in our financial institutions with huge loans granted to cronies,inflated contracts and insider deals leading to the collapse of many banks,the huge debt burden of diamond is ther greatest challenge and the tendency of recovery is very slim .

You just hit the nail on the head.

Weak corporate governance and override of controls is one of the main reasons why Nigerian owned companies don't survive for long!

Most Nigerians no matter how well paid have a tendency to always look for avenues tobateal from their employer.

Etisalat is also a good example of this
Re: Diamond Bank To Sell Off All Its International Branches, Now A National Bank by efighter: 8:43am On Dec 01, 2018
14june:
Hello, Diamond bank. your service all these years has been wonderful, I really appreciated your hard-working staffs, and your MDs, Diamond bank has never disappointed me before keep it up, I will continue to partner with you guys.

You get up to 2,500 naira for your account?
Re: Diamond Bank To Sell Off All Its International Branches, Now A National Bank by KingKingKing: 8:45am On Dec 01, 2018
BeautifulMind2:

Anu, Intercontinental bank, Equatorial bank, Sky bank and many others that are no more were managed by Yorubas, stop fooling yourself self, Igbos are far better than Yorubas in financial management, same Igbos manages, Zenith bank, Fidelity bank, UBA, Union bank and Access bank. Igbos today control banking sector your envy and hate can't stop them.

Access is not managed by an Easterner!
UBA is managed by a South Southerner from Delta

Union bank managed by an Easterner is not among top 10 banks in Nigeria

Fidelity isn't among top 10banks In Nigeria

The only top performing is Zenith

now take a look at Banks managed by the westerners
GT Bank secondary best bank in Nigeria
First bank 3rd best

Citibank (international but the Nigerian CEO is from the west)

FCMB

Keystone
Stanbic
Stabdard Charted
Sterling bank
Unity Bank
Wema bank

And all these banks are doing so well, compared to the shitty Union, Fidelity and Diamomd banks owned by ur people!

2 Likes

Re: Diamond Bank To Sell Off All Its International Branches, Now A National Bank by BeautifulMind2: 8:48am On Dec 01, 2018
KingKingKing:

Anu you are quoting useless blog sites own by your kinsmen, same way you guys use fake sites to grade universities in west as best

Top five banks 2018 are:

Zenith bank
Gtb
FBN
Access bank
UBA
Igbo banks top the list of best banks 2018 and they control three out five banks on the list. Below is best banks 2018 from reliable source not fake sites you pushed out
https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2018/07/03/zenith-gtbank-fbn-access-uba-among-top-1000-global-banks/?amp

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Diamond Bank To Sell Off All Its International Branches, Now A National Bank by TheAlchemist: 8:51am On Dec 01, 2018
When Olumo rock shines more than Diamond Bank, you surely know there is a big problem.
I think they should let pastors run banks, have you heard of any big church collapsing?

2 Likes

Re: Diamond Bank To Sell Off All Its International Branches, Now A National Bank by BeautifulMind2: 8:52am On Dec 01, 2018
KingKingKing:

First bank 3rd best

FCMB

Keystone
Stanbic
Stabdard Charted
Sterling bank
Unity Bank
Wema bank

And all these banks are doing so well, compared to the shitty Union, Fidelity and Diamomd banks owned by ur people!
UBA is managed by Igbo men stop fooling yourself

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Diamond Bank To Sell Off All Its International Branches, Now A National Bank by sunkieisland(m): 8:59am On Dec 01, 2018
It's not a Nigerian scenario only. Most of diamond banks outfits in other West African countries have been bought by other companies.

Diamond Bank Benin is now owned by NSIA an insurance company.

The national Bank move is just for them to remain in operation in Nigeria

A smart move, I'll say
Re: Diamond Bank To Sell Off All Its International Branches, Now A National Bank by BeautifulMind2: 9:00am On Dec 01, 2018
KingKingKing:

First bank 3rd best

FCMB

Keystone
Stanbic
Stabdard Charted
Sterling bank
Unity Bank
Wema bank

Access bank is managed by Igbo dudes

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Diamond Bank To Sell Off All Its International Branches, Now A National Bank by henryobinna(m): 9:03am On Dec 01, 2018
KingKingKing:

First bank 3rd best

FCMB

Keystone
Stanbic
Stabdard Charted
Sterling bank
Unity Bank
Wema bank

Your mumu dey very powerful.

In case you don't know Igbos are not only found in the modern day south east of nigeria that was created not very long ago. Tony Elumelu is an Igbo man from Delta state.
That being said, am assuming you're educated and as such should know that mismanagement has little or nothing to do with tribe, ethnicity, religion, race or things like these and by the way what is a Keystone bank? Bank that has been selling almost all of its branches in the country.

By the way, Yoruba owned institutions that I've known, transacted and worked with have always been the most tribalistic, having their brothers littered all over the place whether qualified or unqualified including churches.

I have a reason to rant against Diamont bank as a huge some of my money is hanging witht them, but since they're having issues I guess I have to wait till the time given me by them before I take further action.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Diamond Bank To Sell Off All Its International Branches, Now A National Bank by maureen44(f): 9:04am On Dec 01, 2018
AngelicBeing:
I am not in Nigeria suffering with you, check all my post, I left Nigeria years ago, I only feel for millions of Nigerians that may be affected if the bank goes under, now run along and stop defending stupidity and that is why Nigeria is the headquarters of poverty in the world, instead of you to condemn the nonsense going on in the bank, you said l am hungry, food is the least of my problems both when I was in Nigeria and since I left, if you are hungry, say it and I will direct you to my house in lagos to go and eat, nonsense angry

U better come back to naija, make all of us follow d suffer for dis country, after all you follow spoilam before u run go Yankee. Meanwhile drop d address here

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Jaiz Bank: Has Anyone Done Business With Them? / Unbelievable!!! Naira Falls To N485/$1, N600/£1 / Youngest Billionaire Still Bikes To Work

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.