Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,977 members, 7,817,879 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:56 PM

Diamond Bank To Sell Off All Its International Branches, Now A National Bank - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Diamond Bank To Sell Off All Its International Branches, Now A National Bank (29100 Views)

Access Holdings To Acquire National Bank Of Kenya Limited / True Story Of Pensioner Who Was "Chased Away By Diamond Bank Manager" / Woman Loses N572,000 Pension In Her Diamond Bank Account To Fraudsters In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Diamond Bank To Sell Off All Its International Branches, Now A National Bank by olawooro: 1:50pm On Dec 01, 2018
henryobinna:
the way people go about to make claims without any data to back up is surprising. The next thing you hear is if you know you know.

How can you accuse a business of such a serious crime, if you think you know and have details why not give it to the EFCC and co they can nail the bank and other accomplices
If you don't know you don't know.
Re: Diamond Bank To Sell Off All Its International Branches, Now A National Bank by sokera: 1:55pm On Dec 01, 2018
henryobinna:
oga biko when did south south become a tribe as against a geo-political zone? What is the language of south south since you consider it a tribe?

Elumelu is an Igbo man from Delta state of the south south region of Nigeria.

Go school una no gree go. many of us Nigerians are uneducated literates. We can read and write but are not educated.
really ? That mean I am Yoruba Igbo too .... Igbo sha forming fams with south-south because of Oil ....
Re: Diamond Bank To Sell Off All Its International Branches, Now A National Bank by sokera: 1:55pm On Dec 01, 2018
BeautifulMind2:

Tony Elumelu is an Igbo man from southsouth
I am Igbo from southwest too
Re: Diamond Bank To Sell Off All Its International Branches, Now A National Bank by BeautifulMind2: 2:00pm On Dec 01, 2018
sokera:
really ? That mean I am Yoruba Igbo too .... Igbo sha forming fams with south-south because of Oil ....
You lack common sense, I guess those Yorubas from Kwara and some parts of Kogi are not from your tribe because they are in north Central right?

2 Likes

Re: Diamond Bank To Sell Off All Its International Branches, Now A National Bank by Nobody: 2:01pm On Dec 01, 2018
Re: Diamond Bank To Sell Off All Its International Branches, Now A National Bank by Nobody: 2:32pm On Dec 01, 2018
KingKingKing:
Well Diamond is one hell of a bleeped up bank!
A bank that is watered with tribalism and nepotism, i don't feel sad for them, Take this from me before Dec 2019 Diamond bank will cease to exist!

Look at Banks like GT and First bank run by The westerners see how they have stood the test of time and are amongst the 3best banks in Nigeria!

Even FCMB isn't doing badly!

Tribalism by some Easterners has destroyed Diamond bank!

Wait until someone in the know lets you know that Firstbank has a bigger problem than Diamond Bank but everyone is mute about it. FirstBank is more or less like a national bank. If it goes down, it will drag other banks along with it.
And FCMB, not as great as it used to be. They suffer same fate as Diamond bank. Family business.
Re: Diamond Bank To Sell Off All Its International Branches, Now A National Bank by Kingjames(m): 2:46pm On Dec 01, 2018
Thankgod I have withdrew all my money before the family biz got crashed
I tink say dem say Igbo sabi manage moni
hehehehehe
Re: Diamond Bank To Sell Off All Its International Branches, Now A National Bank by FemiMaduka(m): 2:58pm On Dec 01, 2018
KingKingKing:

Access is not managed by an Easterner!
UBA is managed by a South Southerner from Delta

Union bank managed by an Easterner is not among top 10 banks in Nigeria

Fidelity isn't among top 10banks In Nigeria

The only top performing is Zenith

now take a look at Banks managed by the westerners
GT Bank secondary best bank in Nigeria
First bank 3rd best

Citibank (international but the Nigerian CEO is from the west)

FCMB

Keystone
Stanbic
Stabdard Charted
Sterling bank
Unity Bank
Wema bank

And all these banks are doing so well, compared to the shitty Union, Fidelity and Diamomd banks owned by ur people!

Be humble and learn when you are being schooled. You started throwing ethnic tantrums on this post. You were particular about the Igbo ownership of the bank. However, what you failed to understand is that the same Igbos, that you have maligned so much, actually have a bigger hold on the Nigerian banking sector than the Yorubas - go figure. Most of the biggest banks are Igbo - managed. Zenith bank is Nigeria's biggest bank by asset base; UBA is the biggest Nigerian bank by number of service outlets, and so on...

Your so-called 'South-south man from Delta' is not Igbo (in your warped logic), but Kaduna Nzeogwu has to be Igbo right - policy of convenience at play. Get some enlightenment.

The issue is that dudes like you are quick to spot the speck in the next man's eye, while ignoring the log in your eyes.

You are a bitter, tattered local champion; your opinion does not affect anything!

5 Likes

Re: Diamond Bank To Sell Off All Its International Branches, Now A National Bank by henryobinna(m): 3:02pm On Dec 01, 2018
sokera:
WTF are you even saying? if there are Yorubas in Delta state and you're one then you're Yoruba of course and not south sout as south south isn't even a tribe it's even an artificial creation.

If you think it's everybody that give a fuc..k about oil then you must have your brain checked, how has the oil helped Nigeria? even the ground nut pyramids from the North did help Nigeria more than oil according to it's worth.
I'm from Abia state and certain parts of my state produces oil but do I care? No, it doesn't add food to my table why should I bother.

That I told you the truth about Tony Elumelu being Igbo is now famsing? Go school una no gree.

Oya tell me what tribe is Tony Elumu biko!

3 Likes

Re: Diamond Bank To Sell Off All Its International Branches, Now A National Bank by henryobinna(m): 3:05pm On Dec 01, 2018
BeautifulMind2:

You lack common sense, I guess those Yorubas from Kwara and some parts of Kogi are not from your tribe because they are in north Central right?
Leave the uneducated thing, with very poor sense of reasoning. They don't ever want to read and learn from others

1 Like

Re: Diamond Bank To Sell Off All Its International Branches, Now A National Bank by FemiMaduka(m): 3:19pm On Dec 01, 2018
sokera:
I am Igbo from southwest too

You're ignorant - bad already, but, tragically, you are proudly wallowing in it!

Are the guys from Omu-aran, Offa, Jebba, Babanlomo, Oro, Ilorin etc. less Yoruba because they are not in the Southwest geopolitical zone? What about the folks from Egbe, Ogbe, Kabba etc. Are they Hausa or Gwari because they are in the Northern part of Nigeria?
Re: Diamond Bank To Sell Off All Its International Branches, Now A National Bank by KingKingKing: 3:20pm On Dec 01, 2018
FemiMaduka:

Be humble and learn when you are being schooled. You started throwing ethnic tantrums on this post. You were particular about the Igbo ownership of the bank. However, what you failed to understand is that the same Igbos, that you have maligned so much, actually have a bigger hold on the Nigerian banking sector than the Yorubas - go figure. Most of the biggest banks are Igbo - managed. Zenith bank is Nigeria's biggest bank by asset base; UBA is the biggest Nigerian bank by number of service outlets, and so on...

Your so-called 'South-south man from Delta' is not Igbo (in your warped logic), but Kaduna Nzeogwu has to be Igbo right - policy of convenience at play. Get some enlightenment.

The issue is that dudes like you are quick to spot the speck in the next man's eye, while ignoring the log in your eyes.

You are a bitter, tattered local champion; your opinion does not affect anything!

See this one he's pained!

GT and First Bank are billion times ahead of UBA

Yorubas have a bigger stake in the banking industry than your people even though Zenith is at the top
Re: Diamond Bank To Sell Off All Its International Branches, Now A National Bank by sokera: 3:56pm On Dec 01, 2018
FemiMaduka:

You're ignorant - bad already, but, tragically, you are proudly wallowing in it!

Are the guys from Omu-aran, Offa, Jebba, Babanlomo, Oro, Ilorin etc. less Yoruba because they are not in the Southwest geopolitical zone? What about the folks from Egbe, Ogbe, Kabba etc. Are they Hausa or Gwari because they are in the Northern part of Nigeria?
Na fight ? I said I am Yoruba from south east , so Na your Yoruba ?
Re: Diamond Bank To Sell Off All Its International Branches, Now A National Bank by sokera: 3:57pm On Dec 01, 2018
FemiMaduka:

Na fight ? I said my own , you too say your own oooo ... I repeat I am Yoruba from south east
Re: Diamond Bank To Sell Off All Its International Branches, Now A National Bank by salford1: 5:16pm On Dec 01, 2018
KingKingKing:
A bank that is watered with tribalism and nepotism, i don't feel sad for them, Take this from me before Dec 2019 Diamond bank will cease to exist!

All the branches I have been to in lagos are staffed with over 90% south easterners. Fidelity would be going the same route soon if they do not diversify their staff teams. All other banks except those two usually have people filled with different tribes from the management teams up to the branch tellers. Diamond forgot that there is strenght in diversity.
I don't care whether the md is from the north or south, just diversify the staffs.
Re: Diamond Bank To Sell Off All Its International Branches, Now A National Bank by FBIL: 5:18pm On Dec 01, 2018
KingKingKing:

Look at Banks like GT and First bank run by The westerners see how they have stood the test of time and are amongst the 3best banks in Nigeria!

But Easterners hold the cash numerically! Even the GTB you mentioned sent 3 of their staff to beg me here in Abakaliki when I pulled my #20m in protest against Innoson mistreatment. Don't dable into what is above you. I'm sure you don't have 200k in bloc anywhere.

1 Like

Re: Diamond Bank To Sell Off All Its International Branches, Now A National Bank by yankison(m): 7:12pm On Dec 01, 2018
No wonder I have been having series of issues with diamond bank ... I need to quickly my money off to another bank ... I'm sick of them
Re: Diamond Bank To Sell Off All Its International Branches, Now A National Bank by biosystech: 7:42pm On Dec 01, 2018
PIPnator:

Wait until someone in the know lets you know that Firstbank has a bigger problem than Diamond Bank but everyone is mute about it. FirstBank is more or less like a national bank. If it goes down, it will drag other banks along with it.
And FCMB, not as great as it used to be. They suffer same fate as Diamond bank. Family business.

How did you get the information about First Bank? Kindly give a little hint on what is wrong with them. Also, I thought FBN is tagged "a bank too big to fail?"
Re: Diamond Bank To Sell Off All Its International Branches, Now A National Bank by EmmanuelCena(m): 10:47pm On Dec 01, 2018
BeautifulMind2:

Anu, Intercontinental bank, Equatorial bank, Sky bank and many others that are no more were managed by Yorubas, stop fooling yourself, Igbos are by far better than Yorubas in financial management, same Igbos manages, Zenith bank, Fidelity bank, UBA, Union bank and Access bank. Igbos today control banking sector your envy and hate can't stop them.

Must you people bring your tribal bigotry into everything?
What has mismanagement got to do with one's tribe?

Nigeria can not progress if at this age, We are still blinded by flimsy tribal sentiments.

1 Like

Re: Diamond Bank To Sell Off All Its International Branches, Now A National Bank by DSDLIVEREPORT: 1:42am On Dec 02, 2018
Paruz1015:
How the mighty Diamond Bank has fallen. embarassed embarassed
To Re strategies for higher productivity and profit by downsizing does not signify failure .Branch roll out does not signify more profit.Some liabilities can be destructive actually.
Re: Diamond Bank To Sell Off All Its International Branches, Now A National Bank by Casemiro(m): 9:01am On Dec 02, 2018
KingKingKing:

trashy trash

> it is well

choi shocked
big momas garden

Natural home remedies
Re: Diamond Bank To Sell Off All Its International Branches, Now A National Bank by BeautifulMind2: 10:24am On Dec 02, 2018
KingKingKing:

See this one he's pained!

GT and First Bank are billion times ahead of UBA

Yorubas have a bigger stake in the bankig industry
Dr. Adesola Adeduntan
Group Managing Director/CEO

than your people even though Zenith is at the top
My friend stop fooling yourself, First bank is not a Yoruba bank, Hausa,, Igbos are major stockholders in First bank, Sanusi was former GMD of First bank before he became CBN governor, currently Urum Kalu Eke is Group Managing Director, FBN Holdings an Igbo man

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Unbelievable!!! Naira Falls To N485/$1, N600/£1 / Youngest Billionaire Still Bikes To Work / Nigerians Vent Their Anger On CBN, Bankers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.