Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,600 members, 7,809,184 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:34 AM

Instagram Finally Rolls Out “close Friends” Feature For More Privacy. - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Instagram Finally Rolls Out “close Friends” Feature For More Privacy. (10359 Views)

Whatsapp Introduces PIP Feature For Android Users / Facebook Rolls Out ‘watch Party’ Feature For Everyone Worldwide. / Whatsapp Finally Rolled Out Revoke Message Feature For Everyone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Instagram Finally Rolls Out “close Friends” Feature For More Privacy. by TechCapon(m): 6:29am On Dec 01, 2018
TechCapon

The declaration was first made in June 2017, that Instagram would begin another sort of friends list. Finally, following year and a half of waiting, the feature has finally taken off. It is known as the "Close Friends" feature which will enable you to welcome a couple of chosen gathering of besties while shutting out the rest of your followers. This component will enable you and your closest friends to share more close and private stories and discussions.

For the individuals who might love to share mischievous pictures, and jokes with their dearest companions. They can add a selected group of their Instagram friends utilizing this feature since it is more secure and private. Instagram said in an explanation that "With Close Friends, you'll have the adaptability to share your own stories to precisely who you need. Regardless of whether that is inside jokes with your group or flaunting your new relationship to your inner circle."

This component is very one of a kind. First it doesn't send those irritating warnings to every one of your followers about who added who to his/her "close friends." Second it gives you total power over who you need to add and who not to include. Third is that nobody can demand to join the gathering or demand to be included.

You can just know the individuals who you've added to your close friends list if see green light around their photograph.

This element is very one of a kind. First it doesn't send those irritating warnings to every one of your devotees about who added who to his/her "dear companions." Second it gives you add up to and finish authority over who you need to add and who not to include. Third is that nobody can demand to join the gathering or demand to be included.

You can only know those who you’ve added to your close friends list if you see green ring around their photo.

Of course, not only friends can decide to use close friends feature. People with “dirty minds” can decide to put up a private show with some followers who’re ready to pay. Also big brands may use it to create a VIP list or Fan Club among their loyal customers. It can be used in many different ways. This cool new feature only apply only to Instagram Stories, not regular posts. Maybe in future, it’ll include posts.

SOURCE:https://techcapon.com/instagram-finally-rolls-out-close-friends-feature-for-more-privacy/

1 Like

Re: Instagram Finally Rolls Out “close Friends” Feature For More Privacy. by MJBOLT: 6:41am On Dec 01, 2018
instagram just created a new way for oloshoism to become bigger on its platform

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Instagram Finally Rolls Out “close Friends” Feature For More Privacy. by Damoxy(m): 6:42am On Dec 01, 2018
It's my Birthday, Grateful and Thankful

61 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Instagram Finally Rolls Out “close Friends” Feature For More Privacy. by MrSix: 6:42am On Dec 01, 2018
Never used it before. Why would I care?

For your laptop deals
All specs or budget
Contact details in signature

Nation wide delivery

1 Like

Re: Instagram Finally Rolls Out “close Friends” Feature For More Privacy. by akeentech(m): 6:44am On Dec 01, 2018
inkon:
Impressive
Re: Instagram Finally Rolls Out “close Friends” Feature For More Privacy. by PotatoSalad(m): 6:45am On Dec 01, 2018
I don't like Instagram. People there make me think I'm not working hard enough
Oppression is the new Motivation lol.

22 Likes

Re: Instagram Finally Rolls Out “close Friends” Feature For More Privacy. by MJBOLT: 6:45am On Dec 01, 2018
Damoxy:
Nairalanders, show me love grin wink smileyIt's my Birthday, Grateful and Thankful

Re: Instagram Finally Rolls Out “close Friends” Feature For More Privacy. by Wizdray: 6:46am On Dec 01, 2018
Damoxy:
Nairalanders, show me love grin wink smileyIt's my Birthday, Grateful and Thankful
HBD

2 Likes

Re: Instagram Finally Rolls Out “close Friends” Feature For More Privacy. by kondoAlata: 6:46am On Dec 01, 2018
Oh nice
Re: Instagram Finally Rolls Out “close Friends” Feature For More Privacy. by Ruddyman(m): 6:51am On Dec 01, 2018
HMMMMMM
Re: Instagram Finally Rolls Out “close Friends” Feature For More Privacy. by Damoxy(m): 6:52am On Dec 01, 2018
[quote author=MJBOLT post=73451057][/quote]

Lmao
Be nice for a day
Re: Instagram Finally Rolls Out “close Friends” Feature For More Privacy. by Felixalex(m): 6:53am On Dec 01, 2018
Instagram abi twerkstagram? All the girls on Instagram now are twerkers.

2 Likes

Re: Instagram Finally Rolls Out “close Friends” Feature For More Privacy. by KingKingKing: 6:55am On Dec 01, 2018
Damoxy:

happy Birthday brother
Re: Instagram Finally Rolls Out “close Friends” Feature For More Privacy. by BornnAgainChild(f): 6:58am On Dec 01, 2018
Na now person go know who be im true paddy for IG

Re: Instagram Finally Rolls Out “close Friends” Feature For More Privacy. by holuphisayor(m): 7:04am On Dec 01, 2018
Nice feature, since Facebook have been more of a marketing tool than a social interaction app lately.

But sadly Facebook still owns Instagram. grin

1 Like

Re: Instagram Finally Rolls Out “close Friends” Feature For More Privacy. by dangoteinlaw: 7:10am On Dec 01, 2018
PotatoSalad:
you are right. Instagram will always make you feel bad no matter how much you have. It's an avenue for fake lives. Everyone on IG is rich, no average or poor person on IG. Because it doesn't show when and how a video was recorded unlike Snapchat. That's why most celebs don't use Snapchat coz their secrets will expose. I don't take any celeb who's not on Snapchat seriously.

7 Likes

Re: Instagram Finally Rolls Out “close Friends” Feature For More Privacy. by introvertme: 7:18am On Dec 01, 2018
dangoteinlaw:
you are right. Instagram will always make you feel bad no matter how much you have. It's an avenue for fake lives. Everyone on IG is rich, no average or poor person on IG. Because it doesn't show when and how a video was recorded unlike Snapchat. That's why most celebs don't use Snapchat coz their secrets will expose. I don't take any celeb who's not on Snapchat seriously.

Explain more on snapchat, i haven't seen what you speak of.
Re: Instagram Finally Rolls Out “close Friends” Feature For More Privacy. by Nobody: 7:22am On Dec 01, 2018
Instagram in all you do, please don't remove the private feature, it helps push away stalkers.
Re: Instagram Finally Rolls Out “close Friends” Feature For More Privacy. by dangoteinlaw: 7:26am On Dec 01, 2018
introvertme:

Explain more on snapchat, i haven't seen what you speak of.
only way to find out is if you are using the two then you can compare. Celebrities don't just upload on IG directly, they go and edit and re-edit the videoa just so they can make you see what they want you to see, but Snapchat you can't doctor any video aside just normal filters. You record and svae a video to upload later, it will still show the time it was recorded. Real celebs use Snapchat eg like husspuppi, rockross, Gucci mane, Kim Kardashian, tiwa savage,yemi alade etc.. those fake ones will come and be uploading fake show off videos on Instagram just to fool followers smh

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Instagram Finally Rolls Out “close Friends” Feature For More Privacy. by abdulaz: 7:50am On Dec 01, 2018
Of course, not only friends can decide to use close friends feature. People with “dirty minds” can decide to put up a private show with some followers who’re ready to pay

If you know, you know grin

Olosho Work is now official.
Re: Instagram Finally Rolls Out “close Friends” Feature For More Privacy. by Brightgem(f): 8:03am On Dec 01, 2018
PotatoSalad:
Lolz! I love Instagram, people there make me see beautiful things and beautiful places, hence I am motivated to work hard enough so expensive can also become affordable. You must also be following or viewing wrong accounts that have nothing to do than post pictures of a flashy life. There is so much more to Instagram, there are positive influencers there (not celebrities) in fact it can grow your hustle if you know how to use it right. But not forcing you o!

1 Like

Re: Instagram Finally Rolls Out “close Friends” Feature For More Privacy. by Toblesh(m): 8:05am On Dec 01, 2018
Damoxy:
Happy birthday!

Re: Instagram Finally Rolls Out “close Friends” Feature For More Privacy. by Brightgem(f): 8:07am On Dec 01, 2018
Felixalex:
Instagram abi twerkstagram? All the girls on Instagram now are twerkers.
All the girls kwa! Stop EET joor! You must have been viewing too much of such, so Instagram showed you more of such, now u think that's all it has... I don't see twerking vids... Instagram is fast growing after Facebook, there are things in the online space that if we don't embrace we will still be forced to somehow.
Re: Instagram Finally Rolls Out “close Friends” Feature For More Privacy. by Nobody: 8:08am On Dec 01, 2018
Instagram

a place of poo!!!! Where Retired/upcoming ashawos with Zero brain come to display there goods....

if you knw you knwcheesy cheesycheesy

1 Like

Re: Instagram Finally Rolls Out “close Friends” Feature For More Privacy. by Brightgem(f): 8:13am On Dec 01, 2018
holuphisayor:
Nice feature, since Facebook have been more of a marketing tool than a social interaction app lately.

But sadly Facebook still owns Instagram. grin
yeah! I observed that shift too in Facebook. Its very effective for marketing a page or business, not so great for social interactions anymore as it used to be! Even though they tried to make sure we only see posts from friends and family and less business pages it's still just there...

1 Like

Re: Instagram Finally Rolls Out “close Friends” Feature For More Privacy. by Felixalex(m): 8:32am On Dec 01, 2018
Brightgem:
All the girls kwa! Stop EET joor! You must have been viewing too much of such, so Instagram showed you more of such, now u think that's all it has... I don't see twerking vids... Instagram is fast growing after Facebook, there are things in the online space that if we don't embrace we will still be forced to somehow.

No mind me jare, Na me de view dem I know... Only exaggerating but it's alarming, many girls have turned it into a profession, twerking on Instagram
Re: Instagram Finally Rolls Out “close Friends” Feature For More Privacy. by watchwoman(f): 8:48am On Dec 01, 2018
Damoxy:
happy birthday dear..many more years of long life, peace and Joy.

1 Like

Re: Instagram Finally Rolls Out “close Friends” Feature For More Privacy. by efembaba(m): 8:54am On Dec 01, 2018
Pls I need expert instruction on instagram use. Ibam going to need it for business

(1) (2) (Reply)

Airtel Unveils New Data Plan - Smart Speedo / Tecno Light Up Your Dream3 One Million Naira Finalists Audition (live Pictures) / .....

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.