Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,026 members, 7,845,324 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 03:32 PM

Nigeria Has The Highest Number Of Students From Africa Studying In The US - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Nigeria Has The Highest Number Of Students From Africa Studying In The US (17694 Views)

Countries with the highest number of International Students in the United States / Ogun State Has The Highest Number Of Universities In Nigeria / These 4 States Produce Highest Number Of Medical Students - JAMB (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Has The Highest Number Of Students From Africa Studying In The US by frankosivue(m): 11:57am On Dec 01, 2018
grandstar:
Canada and Australia are better places for studies have these 2 have provisions for you to stay and work after graduating!

The worst 2 places are the US and UK

Nothing for you after graduating!
Really? I am interested.
Re: Nigeria Has The Highest Number Of Students From Africa Studying In The US by 21Bandit: 12:20pm On Dec 01, 2018
thebosstrevor:

yes. Was china not worst than nigeria when it was a closed society.

When student started travelling out and bringing back learned skills back to china. Growth accelerated. Even the owner of alibaba did similar stuff. Went to the US and came back with an idea.

One stuff i noticed about my Nigerian brethren is that even if you send them abroad to work on a farm to pick tomatoes, they wont learn anything or acquire new skills rather they will be happy to pick the tomatoes and collect salary at the end of the month instead of learning skills bringing that skills back to Nigeria so that they will be farm owner themselves in Nigeria. the man with the superior and updated skills in the land of the unskilled can never be poor. that is the advantage Chinese workers have in Nigeria have over Nigerians here.l

This the problem... mentally defeated....how can you just wake up on December first and speak bla bla bla.....be optimistic, Nigerians are making waves bro the sooner you see it the better...... laziness is everywhere so don't give me that Nigerians are lazy goddam line
Re: Nigeria Has The Highest Number Of Students From Africa Studying In The US by Nobody: 12:43pm On Dec 01, 2018
21Bandit:

This the problem... mentally defeated....how can you just wake up on December first and speak bla bla bla.....be optimistic, Nigerians are making waves bro the sooner you see it the better...... laziness is everywhere so don't give me that Nigerians are lazy goddam line

pls i think you are trying to make it seems like i wrote a negative stuff, when it is the reality. what does my statement have to do with your mentally defeat idea, i guess you dont understand what i wrote, i am talking about skill transfer, you are writing mentally defeat. abeg

you said the bulk of Nigerians are making waves, how come the bulk of chinese, lebanese and indians in Nigeria are without certificate many of them are from the villages especially the Chinese but they have more skills than many of our graduates here. even in the oil rig, the most experienced are the foreigners with GED very common among american rig workers

Do you know how many Nigerians that works in tomatoes farm in Italy and other part of Europe and the US, with that amount of laborer,by now we should have had lot of skillful farm people here teaching our farmers on improved method of planting and storing tomatoes.

the Nigerians you are saying are making waves are mostly doctors. how come we have engineers and doctors all abroad but our infrastructure is shit. No country has developed when the bulk of its very skillful workers are abroad working for salaries.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Has The Highest Number Of Students From Africa Studying In The US by mfm04622: 12:43pm On Dec 01, 2018
Dshocker:
Nigeria having the most number of her citizens schooling abroad isn't an achievement,but shows the rot in our educational system...And as we speak the body governing the tertiary institutions are still on strike.
The same thing also goes in the health sector,where we have people that would have been saved,but die due to either negligence or poor facilities.

Funny enough Nigeria is amongst the top 3 richest nations with mineral resources...So what is really our problem,why are we always getting it wrong since independence?

I think everybody that have stolen from the nation deserves to die along with their family

Having students study abroad is not about the rot in the educational sector! Especially in the US and Europe. If you mean in countries without universities of good repute, that may be the reason! Or do you mean all other countries listed there also have poor educational sectors?
Most of Nigerian students there will be post graduate students. It is about seeking opportunities. It also means parents or students can find such international education that is usually expensive
Re: Nigeria Has The Highest Number Of Students From Africa Studying In The US by drakeli: 1:21pm On Dec 01, 2018
jaxxy:
Why are the Chinese the highest what are they studying in America?
They are studying “stealing of American intelligent property “. So when they are back to their country, they’ll start producing fake of everything.
Re: Nigeria Has The Highest Number Of Students From Africa Studying In The US by jaxxy(m): 1:36pm On Dec 01, 2018
drakeli:
They are studying “stealing of American intelligent property “. So when they are back to their country, they’ll start producing fake of everything.

Haha same thing I was thinking. Very sneaky fellows.
Re: Nigeria Has The Highest Number Of Students From Africa Studying In The US by grandstar(m): 2:03pm On Dec 01, 2018
frankosivue:
Really? I am interested.

I'm not an education consultant
I would advise you to apply for scholarship to universities in these countries

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Has The Highest Number Of Students From Africa Studying In The US by frankosivue(m): 2:17pm On Dec 01, 2018
grandstar:

I'm not an education consultant
I would advise you to apply for scholarship to universities in these countries
Okay. Thank you.
Re: Nigeria Has The Highest Number Of Students From Africa Studying In The US by romeorailss: 3:38pm On Dec 01, 2018
See as everyone is discussing and failed to raise a question over the op's claim . That said

Americans studying in Nigeria increased by 281% . Or did he mean the other way round ? shocked

shocked
Re: Nigeria Has The Highest Number Of Students From Africa Studying In The US by kenneth58(m): 5:28pm On Dec 01, 2018
Funny Nigeria

This is not a testimony

Where is it written that American students are studying in Nigeria.

Its not written anywhere or seen anywhere because of
Poor educational systems
Poor funding of schools.

And the government can easily fund elections and pilgrimage

While neglecting important things such as education.

What a shame
Re: Nigeria Has The Highest Number Of Students From Africa Studying In The US by 21Bandit: 6:08pm On Dec 01, 2018
thebosstrevor:

pls i think you are trying to make it seems like i wrote a negative stuff, when it is the reality. what does my statement have to do with your mentally defeat idea, i guess you dont understand what i wrote, i am talking about skill transfer, you are writing mentally defeat. abeg

you said the bulk of Nigerians are making waves, how come the bulk of chinese, lebanese and indians in Nigeria are without certificate many of them are from the villages especially the Chinese but they have more skills than many of our graduates here. even in the oil rig, the most experienced are the foreigners with GED very common among american rig workers

Do you know how many Nigerians that works in tomatoes farm in Italy and other part of Europe and the US, with that amount of laborer,by now we should have had lot of skillful farm people here teaching our farmers on improved method of planting and storing tomatoes.

the Nigerians you are saying are making waves are mostly doctors. how come we have engineers and doctors all abroad but our infrastructure is shit. No country has developed when the bulk of its very skillful workers are abroad working for salaries.
All this for one small comment may I drop...brah I see your point in 5d...well Sha China and Nigeria nor be mate at all in very thing except sey our dicks are bigger than theirs and our women are more promiscuous than them....apart for these two reasons will and them nor be mate
Re: Nigeria Has The Highest Number Of Students From Africa Studying In The US by Nobody: 6:20pm On Dec 01, 2018
21Bandit:

All this for one small comment may I drop...brah I see your point in 5d...well Sha China and Nigeria nor be mate at all in very thing except sey our dicks are bigger than theirs and our women are more promiscuous than them....apart for these two reasons will and them nor be mate

our women are not promiscuous than them basically, we use big city girls to judge all our girls in Nigeria

in every city, the big cities girls are more promiscuous than girls living in the country side, it is everywhere and not generally a Nigerian girl thing.

or do you think Beijing, Shanghai, Guangzhou or Wuhan girls are more holier than say Lagos girls or Abuja girls
Re: Nigeria Has The Highest Number Of Students From Africa Studying In The US by 21Bandit: 7:26pm On Dec 01, 2018
thebosstrevor:

our women are not promiscuous than them basically, we use big city girls to judge all our girls in Nigeria

in every city, the big cities girls are more promiscuous than girls living in the country side, it is everywhere and not generally a Nigerian girl thing.

or do you think Beijing, Shanghai, Guangzhou or Wuhan girls are more holier than say Lagos girls or Abuja girls
Bro you might know things ooo....but this what I know...am been on tan tan close to 4years now...so don't tell me what I know...
Btw I take the rest of your point but this one hell no
Re: Nigeria Has The Highest Number Of Students From Africa Studying In The US by Nobody: 7:33pm On Dec 01, 2018
21Bandit:

Bro you might know things ooo....but this what I know...am been on tan tan close to 4years now...so don't tell me what I know...
Btw I take the rest of your point but this one hell no

basically you are thinking from the angle that the chinese girl is dating an african guy and she is loyal

do you know how many cheating that goes on between chinese- chinese couples

infact, the women love money more than Nigerian women. if you dont have a car , you might not get a wife, it happens, they want to know if you are financially buoyant before you can marry their woman.
Re: Nigeria Has The Highest Number Of Students From Africa Studying In The US by 21Bandit: 8:06pm On Dec 01, 2018
thebosstrevor:

basically you are thinking from the angle that the chinese girl is dating an african guy and she is loyal

do you know how many cheating that goes on between chinese- chinese couples

infact, the women love money more than Nigerian women. if you dont have a car , you might not get a wife, it happens, they want to know if you are financially buoyant before you can marry their woman.
Lol African kee....let's leave that one for another day
Stay blessed
Re: Nigeria Has The Highest Number Of Students From Africa Studying In The US by Nobody: 8:09pm On Dec 01, 2018
21Bandit:

Lol African kee....let's leave that one for another day
Stay blessed

and u too.
Re: Nigeria Has The Highest Number Of Students From Africa Studying In The US by Nobody: 9:58am On Dec 02, 2018
Pearlyakin:
Wetin do UI, UNILAG, Covenant Universities wey dey make our people rush go uncle Sam country.
The Nigeria factor is there in the above schools. Covenant university is good but many persons still stereotype them
Re: Nigeria Has The Highest Number Of Students From Africa Studying In The US by Nobody: 10:01am On Dec 02, 2018
ShenTeh:
How come we keep studying in the US but have not been able to replicate American ideals in poilitics, science and technology, etc in our country?

There's something wrong with the black man.
If few of try such will the masses support them? The number of persons schooling or schooled abroad is small compare to the ones we have in Nigeria
Re: Nigeria Has The Highest Number Of Students From Africa Studying In The US by SammieJayh(m): 11:16pm On Dec 03, 2018
asuustrike1:

The Nigeria factor is there in the above schools. Covenant university is good but many persons still stereotype them

Believe me the Nigeria factor is also in covenant university...just not to a very large extent.
Re: Nigeria Has The Highest Number Of Students From Africa Studying In The US by tstx(m): 11:25am On Dec 04, 2018
jaxxy:
Why are the Chinese the highest what are they studying in America?

How to steal their technology

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Has The Highest Number Of Students From Africa Studying In The US by Nobody: 2:08pm On Dec 04, 2018
But why dont SA or Egyptians go there like us? They have better schs locally.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nairaland Interschool Debate Match Two :Abu Zaria vs Funaab WINNER: FUNAAB / My Neco Ncee Result / Chinasa Ufodu, Overall Best Graduating Student University Of Nigeria Nsukka

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.