Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,456 members, 7,816,057 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:28 AM

What Tinubu Of LAUTECH Can Learn From Alakija Of UNIOSUN - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / What Tinubu Of LAUTECH Can Learn From Alakija Of UNIOSUN (490 Views)

Final Batch Of UNIOSUN Medical Students Arrives Nigeria (photos) / Man Signs On The Boobs Of LAUTECH Female Students On Their Graduation Day / Two Nairalanders Sign Out Of UNIOSUN. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Tinubu Of LAUTECH Can Learn From Alakija Of UNIOSUN by HigherEd: 9:05am On Dec 01, 2018
I have studied the impact of Mrs. Folorunsho Alakija on the fate of UNIOSUN and i can only commend her for the great work she has done and is still doing in UNIOSUN.

From the construction of a dual road leading to Uniosun to the establishment of a 250 bed teaching hospital. Any time she's called upon she responds with donations. In fact it is safe to say that it would have been practically impossible for UNIOSUN to restart her medical program without her generous donation as Osun state is perpetually broke.

Also we have seen non alumni high networth individuals give generously to universities. Exampls are Oyakhilome's 1 billion grant to Benson Idahosa university, Dangote's 1.3 billion grant to Bayero and 250 million grant to University of Ibadan, Otedola's endowment of Coll. Of Engnr at Augustine University Lagos. Therefore Universities must begin to affiliate themselves with wealthy individuals who have philanthropic tendencies - this as Nigeria FG govt and states are waning in their support for universities

On the other hand i have noticed the apathy Bola Ahmed Tinubu has towards Lautech. He has been of little relevance to Lautech in both finance and conflict resolution. It is time Lautech looks for it's own generous Alakija. Particularly since the owner states have abondoned their financial responsibilities.
- By HigherEd

Seun lalasticlala

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Tinubu Of LAUTECH Can Learn From Alakija Of UNIOSUN by princfred(m): 10:13am On Dec 01, 2018
HigherEd:
I have studied the impact of Mrs. Folorunsho Alakija on the fate of UNIOSUN and i can only commend her for the great work she has done and is still doing in UNIOSUN.

From the construction of a dual road leading to Uniosun to the establishment of a 250 bed teaching hospital. Any time she's called upon she responds with donations. In fact it is safe to say that it would have been practically impossible for UNIOSUN to restart her medical program without her generous donation as Osun state is perpetually broke.

Also we have seen non alumni high networth individuals give generously to universities. Exampls are Oyakhilome's 1 billion grant to Benson Idahosa university, Dangote's 1.3 billion grant to Bayero and 250 million grant to University of Ibadan, Otedola's endowment of Coll. Of Engnr at Augustine University Lagos. Therefore Universities must begin to affiliate themselves with wealthy individuals who have philanthropic tendencies - this as Nigeria FG govt and states are waning in their support for universities

On the other hand i have noticed the apathy Bola Ahmed Tinubu has towards Lautech. He has been of little relevance to Lautech in both finance and conflict resolution. It is time Lautech looks for it's own generous Alakija. Particularly since the owner states have abondoned their financial responsibilities.
- By HigherEd

Lalasticlala

Apart from LAUTECH, who Tinubu done ever epp? The man stingy greedy like hyena. The very kind Nigerians love to worship without knowing even why.

2 Likes

Re: What Tinubu Of LAUTECH Can Learn From Alakija Of UNIOSUN by CodeTemplar: 8:49am On Dec 12, 2018
As godfather to both state governors i expect Tinubu to bring them together and do something meaningful.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

The Abacus Club / Uni-ilorin Business School / Per Time NCE Program In Nyanyan Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.