Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,035 members, 7,818,059 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:15 AM

Lady Blocks Bank’s Entrance After Fraudsters Wiped Her Account - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Lady Blocks Bank’s Entrance After Fraudsters Wiped Her Account (49299 Views)

Angry Bride Attacks Elderly Wedding Guest Who Wiped Her Face With Money / Oyinbo Man Misbehaves At ATM After Fraudsters Wiped His Account, Nigerians React / Woman Collapses After Fraudsters Stole N400k From Her Bank Account In Delta (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lady Blocks Bank’s Entrance After Fraudsters Wiped Her Account by HallaDaTruth: 3:52pm On Dec 01, 2018
So she will now prevent me from going out ehn, them never slap her finish. My office is around there, so had it been I was there she will now use her wahala to delay me cos of her foolishness
Re: Lady Blocks Bank’s Entrance After Fraudsters Wiped Her Account by Nduxx(m): 3:53pm On Dec 01, 2018
PennywysCares:
Na so
D babe is an illiterate.
Why the heck would you send ur Bank details to some fucckin number in this era wer everybody don wise up, she could have take a work to the bank
Igbo-Yoruba internet fraudsters don chop ham be dat
Shut the F up!! Not everyone has the knowledge, it could have happened to your mother

2 Likes

Re: Lady Blocks Bank’s Entrance After Fraudsters Wiped Her Account by Nobody: 3:56pm On Dec 01, 2018
AuroraB:
Don't be too foolish not to have your account officer's contact invade your natural mumuness wants to play a fast one like this on you.
And shouldn't this be a top priority to any bank? To fish out the hooligan behind the fraud undecided
na police work o. If u wait for bank to help u fish out d scammers u will wait for ever. But then u will still pay police to investigate. Nigeria na one kine country sha.
Re: Lady Blocks Bank’s Entrance After Fraudsters Wiped Her Account by Nobody: 4:02pm On Dec 01, 2018
NessaBoo:

She's just so frustrated and hurt, she might have all her life savings in that account, especially at this perilous times things are hard, might be money for business, school, health treatment for relative, you can never understand until you walk in her shoes.

and somewhere in one club d scammer will be spraying the lady's money on olosho and also popping expensive campaignsshocked.

2 Likes

Re: Lady Blocks Bank’s Entrance After Fraudsters Wiped Her Account by lexy2014: 4:04pm On Dec 01, 2018
NessaBoo:

She's just so frustrated and hurt, she might have all her life savings in that account, especially at this perilous times things are hard, might be money for business, school, health treatment for relative, you can never understand until you walk in her shoes.

But there's absolutely nothing d bank can do 4 her
Re: Lady Blocks Bank’s Entrance After Fraudsters Wiped Her Account by Beaten: 4:17pm On Dec 01, 2018
dazzlingd:
some people's stupidity can't be measured.
The way some people fall to cheap scam is shocking and can make one question their sanity. Someone sending you a stupid message to upgrade your account or card. Anybody that falls for such cheap scams deserve it and does not belong to this age.
The law of selective survival will eliminate people unfit for modern era.

Anyone could be victim of circumstances. Why always Eco bank? And the government is looking.
Re: Lady Blocks Bank’s Entrance After Fraudsters Wiped Her Account by NessaBoo(f): 4:34pm On Dec 01, 2018
lefulefu:
and somewhere in one club d scammer will be spraying the lady's money on olosho and also popping expensive campaignsshocked.

As in eeehh!! That's just the most annoying thing...someone's sweat and pains!!

*LongSigh!!!
Re: Lady Blocks Bank’s Entrance After Fraudsters Wiped Her Account by Dshocker(m): 4:35pm On Dec 01, 2018
Looool....no one naira in my account grin
Re: Lady Blocks Bank’s Entrance After Fraudsters Wiped Her Account by ponti93(m): 4:36pm On Dec 01, 2018
Trustme2:

You wan learn job? grin grin grin
i no dey do local
Re: Lady Blocks Bank’s Entrance After Fraudsters Wiped Her Account by jantavanta(m): 4:50pm On Dec 01, 2018
There is a possibility that the BVN database has been hacked.

These fraudsters will get access to a person's BVN name and mobile number and pose as a bank official to demand more information that can be used to manipulate the unsuspecting customer.

They tried it on me recently. This is a Cyber security issue. Which organisation is in charge of protecting the BVN database? Which security standards are being used?
Re: Lady Blocks Bank’s Entrance After Fraudsters Wiped Her Account by kodded(m): 5:24pm On Dec 01, 2018
justfash50:

This is the reality happening every day to our love ones and even foes, but some cursed ones will support moral decadence in the society alluding it to poverty and unemployment.

The earlier the menace is nipped in the bud, the better for you and i
I thought that I was the only one that is reasoning like this
Re: Lady Blocks Bank’s Entrance After Fraudsters Wiped Her Account by Emanodimo(m): 5:30pm On Dec 01, 2018
People are just ok being insensitive to remember to be part of the human society, show some love. Care for the weak, give help to the needy, work the talk, keep hope alive and remember to share the little u can.

That adverse effect when people shy away from being human is part of what that woman just experience... Sorry Madam.
Re: Lady Blocks Bank’s Entrance After Fraudsters Wiped Her Account by Gkemz: 5:34pm On Dec 01, 2018
That's why it's good to ask question before yielding to the demands of online scammers masquerading as fake bank agents demanding for victims account details.
Secondly your bank can never demand for sensitive bank details through a phone call or sms bearing a private number.
Re: Lady Blocks Bank’s Entrance After Fraudsters Wiped Her Account by bostac10000: 5:57pm On Dec 01, 2018
made4naijamusic:
There was drama, yesterday, at their #Ecobank branch, Oba-akran, Ikeja, Lagos, as a lady barricaded the door to prevent entry and exit.

According to reports, she was protesting the bank’s delay in investigating the circumstances surrounding the loss of her money to some fraudsters who sent a fake BVN message to her, last week Thursday, and stole all her money after she fell for it.

She said she reported to the bank but since then, they told her they were investigating the incident

So yesterday she used a chair to block her door and insisted that nobody would go out or come in till her money is returned.

However she was later made to realize that it wasn’t the bank’s fault and that investigation would continue.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lx05MLFBHE8
Watch video

source :

https://www.made4naija.com/2018/1

2/lady-blocks-banks-entrance-after-fraudsters-wiped-her-account-video/

shebi ole lo bomo je kin satilowo naa waiting ni9ce they sing be that
Re: Lady Blocks Bank’s Entrance After Fraudsters Wiped Her Account by bostac10000: 5:58pm On Dec 01, 2018
shebi ole lo bomo je kin satilowo naa waiting ni9ce they sing be that
Re: Lady Blocks Bank’s Entrance After Fraudsters Wiped Her Account by Casemiro(m): 6:24pm On Dec 01, 2018

> it is well

choi shocked
big momas garden
Re: Lady Blocks Bank’s Entrance After Fraudsters Wiped Her Account by mildflame: 7:04pm On Dec 01, 2018
PennywysCares:
Na so
D babe is an illiterate.
Why the heck would you send ur Bank details to some fucckin number in this era wer everybody don wise up, she could have take a work to the bank

Super illiterate like you your type dem go scam
upandan
Re: Lady Blocks Bank’s Entrance After Fraudsters Wiped Her Account by sholaminato(m): 8:05pm On Dec 01, 2018
U are wasting ur time at ecobank take your complaint to CBN ,Be wise next time ,sorry for your loss.
Re: Lady Blocks Bank’s Entrance After Fraudsters Wiped Her Account by Olayetan(m): 8:38pm On Dec 01, 2018
ponti93:
I still dont understand how accounts are wiped with only knowledge of bvn and account number... Can somebody enlighten me
They will collect her card details and use the card to recharge their number, once happened to my little bro, they mostly use NowNow app for recharging...
Re: Lady Blocks Bank’s Entrance After Fraudsters Wiped Her Account by Olayetan(m): 8:46pm On Dec 01, 2018
There must be a perpetrator in the bank cuz how come those scammers are accurate in sending that scam message to the number you registered with the bank if there is no 1 feeding them such info in the bank.

I think it's time banks restrict some informations of their customers to some of their employees, only the manager and accountant should have access to some info.

No 1 to be trusted again in 9ja
Re: Lady Blocks Bank’s Entrance After Fraudsters Wiped Her Account by openmine(m): 9:12pm On Dec 01, 2018
ponti93:
I still dont understand how accounts are wiped with only knowledge of bvn and account number... Can somebody enlighten me
Its not really the bvn and account number but the imposed fear contained in the text message and the call the victim makes to the scammer!
Re: Lady Blocks Bank’s Entrance After Fraudsters Wiped Her Account by VajanahDischaj(f): 10:22pm On Dec 01, 2018
Olalan:
If only we know the extent of havoc and chaos fraudsters and Yahoo boys cause their victims and their families we will stone them publicly...........
those are thieves not yahoo boys... no dey spoil person business name.
Re: Lady Blocks Bank’s Entrance After Fraudsters Wiped Her Account by VajanahDischaj(f): 10:23pm On Dec 01, 2018
lexy2014:

But there's absolutely nothing d bank can do 4 her
its usually programmers in the bank that do these things
Re: Lady Blocks Bank’s Entrance After Fraudsters Wiped Her Account by Delivar(m): 10:27pm On Dec 01, 2018
PennywysCares:
Na so
D babe is an illiterate.
It's the duty of the banks to educate their unenlightened customers to avoid issues like this. Before anyone opens an account they must receive this education from the bank.

1 Like

Re: Lady Blocks Bank’s Entrance After Fraudsters Wiped Her Account by lexy2014: 10:42pm On Dec 01, 2018
VajanahDischaj:
its usually programmers in the bank that do these things

Really? How did u come about that conclusion?
Re: Lady Blocks Bank’s Entrance After Fraudsters Wiped Her Account by JBoss25(m): 11:28pm On Dec 01, 2018
VajanahDischaj:
those are thieves not yahoo boys... no dey spoil person business name.
stop being stupid and ignorant, they're basically the same thing.
Re: Lady Blocks Bank’s Entrance After Fraudsters Wiped Her Account by DSDLIVEREPORT: 12:58am On Dec 02, 2018
That might just be savings to save her family. Pity
Re: Lady Blocks Bank’s Entrance After Fraudsters Wiped Her Account by LivingBetter: 3:09pm On Dec 02, 2018
Let's ask some questions here
1. Did she authorized the said transaction that wiped her account? No. Judging from her action
2. The scam was done electronically and either transferred to another account of the scammers or used to recharge a phone number. Now is the scammers account registered with BVN? Or is the phone number recharged not registered with NCC? The bank has positive answers to this few questions, then the woman has the full right of account protection by refunding the said amount to the customer while the bank truly investigate and recover the money. In saner climes, this kind matter na sweet chop for investigation team. Una never hear am say foreign investigation team trace scammed money to Nigeria and then arrested the scammer. EOD
Re: Lady Blocks Bank’s Entrance After Fraudsters Wiped Her Account by SHOCK7(m): 8:10pm On Dec 12, 2018
dazzlingd:
some people's stupidity can't be measured.
The way some people fall to cheap scam is shocking and can make one question their sanity. Someone sending you a stupid message to upgrade your account or card. Anybody that falls for such cheap scams deserve it and does not belong to this age.
The law of selective survival will eliminate people unfit for modern era.
Damn u wicked!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Someone Withdrew Over 100k From My Account. I Am Depressed Right Now / Unknown Murdered Lady Dumped At Olomore, Abeokuta Refuse Dump (Photo) / Khensani Maseko's Last Post Before Committing Suicide After Rape By Boyfriend

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.