Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,645 members, 7,809,427 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:25 AM

What Happened To Gionee And Why You Haven't Seen New Phones From Them - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / What Happened To Gionee And Why You Haven't Seen New Phones From Them (29708 Views)

Xiaomi Now Worst Than Transsion - 10 New Phones In 6 Months / What Happened To Gionee? / Sales Rep Discouraged Me From Ordering Phones From Overseas, Gave These Reasons (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Happened To Gionee And Why You Haven't Seen New Phones From Them by aojully: 10:24am On Dec 01, 2018
I haven't heard of any rich man that made it through gambling, but no one would listen to me.
Let he who gambles continue gambling.

He who fails to learn from others' experience would learn from his own in a hard way.

9 Likes

Re: What Happened To Gionee And Why You Haven't Seen New Phones From Them by theoldpretender(m): 10:24am On Dec 01, 2018
hinograce:
Chaii. I hope my one year warranty still stands for my F205

Get a Samsung or Nokia....
Re: What Happened To Gionee And Why You Haven't Seen New Phones From Them by Nobody: 10:30am On Dec 01, 2018
adrian3000:
shocked

op bai take your time

why haven't "we" or why haven't "you"

reason is, companies don't thrive in this current administration except bet9ja that is grin
take your drugs before you enter market

1 Like

Re: What Happened To Gionee And Why You Haven't Seen New Phones From Them by yahoofak(m): 10:36am On Dec 01, 2018
Same Gionee that rarely push updates.
Re: What Happened To Gionee And Why You Haven't Seen New Phones From Them by Stanweezy(m): 10:38am On Dec 01, 2018
The phone name is Gionee and you are still asking what happened to them mbok they travel

1 Like

Re: What Happened To Gionee And Why You Haven't Seen New Phones From Them by silent10(m): 10:39am On Dec 01, 2018
Please, why is it thats gionee phones don't display 4g?
Re: What Happened To Gionee And Why You Haven't Seen New Phones From Them by Offpoint: 10:40am On Dec 01, 2018
ThankYouGod:
What about Innjoo?
Innjoo has been "Injured" grin

3 Likes

Re: What Happened To Gionee And Why You Haven't Seen New Phones From Them by hinograce: 10:45am On Dec 01, 2018
theoldpretender:

Get a Samsung or Nokia....
my Gionee F205 is actually impressive

2 Likes

Re: What Happened To Gionee And Why You Haven't Seen New Phones From Them by NOETHNICITY(m): 10:45am On Dec 01, 2018
Gionee is a disaster

I was once in love with Gionee
Was so addicted to my mini that I got some friends of mine to buy it too.

Sometin happened to my battery and I went to gionee customer care in computer village to get a replacement.
It's over 2months now and it's still not available. Had to go get myself a brand new fone, but this time a tecno which am enjoying all the way now.

I think gionee wants to force it's customers to buy newer versions

Gionee is scam as far as I am concerned
Re: What Happened To Gionee And Why You Haven't Seen New Phones From Them by StevenOba: 10:50am On Dec 01, 2018
Today is the day that I finally let go. That thief that stole my Gionee M5 and the buyer should keep it with all the new updates to come tongue tongue

1 Like

Re: What Happened To Gionee And Why You Haven't Seen New Phones From Them by NOETHNICITY(m): 10:59am On Dec 01, 2018
adrian3000:
shocked

op bai take your time

why haven't "we" or why haven't "you"

reason is, companies don't thrive in this current administration except bet9ja that is grin
See mumu

Gionee isn't a Nigerian company

it is not Nigerian govt that frustrated gionee in their parent country

2 Likes

Re: What Happened To Gionee And Why You Haven't Seen New Phones From Them by MsGood(f): 11:01am On Dec 01, 2018
I bought Gionee in April 2017 only for it to develop a calibration problem few days later. I took it to their Ibadan office, fixed it and it was started working well. Few months later the charging port started malfunctioning but I thought it was the battery so I didn't take it to their office. After some weeks, I discovered the real problem but they said they couldn't fix it cos they didn't have the spare part. I took it to their Lagos office and it has been there for over eight months. They refused to pick my calls or fix it. I checked their Twitter handle and it's filled with complaints from people like me who didn't enjoy their products. As for me, they're in the hands of God, I can't stress myself but I will never recommend Gionee to anyone.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Happened To Gionee And Why You Haven't Seen New Phones From Them by Poorboy: 11:04am On Dec 01, 2018
silent10:
mine display change your sim that's update it or you are using an old version of Gionne
Re: What Happened To Gionee And Why You Haven't Seen New Phones From Them by almujeebe(m): 11:04am On Dec 01, 2018
silent10:

My A1 lite displayed it when I was in Abuja last month and it's Gionee product

1 Like

Re: What Happened To Gionee And Why You Haven't Seen New Phones From Them by silent10(m): 11:28am On Dec 01, 2018
Poorboy:
mine display change your sim that's update it or you are using an old version of Gionne
I am using gionee m6, yes my sim is 4g and the network in my area is good. I removed my sim, inserted it in tecno camon cx and 4g displayed. My friend have the same issue.
Re: What Happened To Gionee And Why You Haven't Seen New Phones From Them by henrixx(m): 11:31am On Dec 01, 2018
ThankYouGod:
What about Innjoo?
they don carry injury
Re: What Happened To Gionee And Why You Haven't Seen New Phones From Them by princfred(m): 11:33am On Dec 01, 2018
MsGood:
I bought Gionee in April 2017 only for it to develop a calibration problem few days later. I took it to their Ibadan office, fixed it and it was started working well. Few months later the charging port started malfunctioning but I thought it was the battery so I didn't take it to their office. After some weeks, I discovered the real problem but they said they couldn't fix it cos they didn't have the spare part. I took it to their Lagos office and it has been there for over eight months. They refused to pick my calls or fix it. I checked their Twitter handle and it's filled with complaints from people like me who didn't enjoy their products. As for me, they're in the hands of God, I can't stress myself but I will never recommend Gionee to anyone.
If it's not Samsung or by Europeans/Americans it's not a phone.... why do people keep buying all these Chinese toys don't don't give utility over time? They no dey get network sef.
Re: What Happened To Gionee And Why You Haven't Seen New Phones From Them by pooozeee(m): 11:38am On Dec 01, 2018
Please open a page for innjoo, I have two dead innjoo phones the problem is the screen I took it to innjoo office now at adeniyi Jones to my surprise they have not been able to repair the phones, they are always coming up with different stories, the part is not available etc. Up to a year now, i av not been able to get the phone repaired
Now I am using Samsung Galaxy S5 one of the best among the rest.

1 Like

Re: What Happened To Gionee And Why You Haven't Seen New Phones From Them by Skillsmaster(m): 11:39am On Dec 01, 2018
he use the company assets find sure odd
Re: What Happened To Gionee And Why You Haven't Seen New Phones From Them by grandstar(m): 11:50am On Dec 01, 2018
Useless phones.
.I bought it once and promised never ever ever ever ever to buy it again!
Re: What Happened To Gionee And Why You Haven't Seen New Phones From Them by ACE1010: 12:21pm On Dec 01, 2018
Bossontop:
undecided
So d chairman really gambled with d company's assets...... I tot it was just a "our usual bloggers trying to make money" news............aswear d mumu chairman nor get sense

[img]https://media1./images/6006d5a5a84c0751032e157cb04ad8e8/tenor.gif?itemid=10786390[/img]

cheesy

2 Likes

Re: What Happened To Gionee And Why You Haven't Seen New Phones From Them by Olodo24: 12:23pm On Dec 01, 2018
hinograce:
Chaii. I hope my one year warranty still stands for my F205
oyo is your case o

1 Like

Re: What Happened To Gionee And Why You Haven't Seen New Phones From Them by aol807: 12:27pm On Dec 01, 2018
Paschalp:
And GIONEE products are bae fah,

Whenever I brandish my GIONEE device eh, techno and infinix users the hide their toys

GIONEE gives the difference, I hope they apply business shrewdness and veer back on track cool
amen
Re: What Happened To Gionee And Why You Haven't Seen New Phones From Them by viktohmarkz(m): 1:09pm On Dec 01, 2018
make una leave Gionee am currently using an x1S and if you're talking about speed, camera and battery life it's good, buh am also struggling with the phone barely 4 months old and it's having touch issues without crack or anything,the phone hasn't touched water and it's having this kinda issues.
I went to customer care in port Harcourt and I was told the phone has factory problem and they cant replace despite the warranty because I bought online. am confused I paid 5k for software update and the phone is still misbehaving.
I don't just understand
Re: What Happened To Gionee And Why You Haven't Seen New Phones From Them by pimper24: 1:46pm On Dec 01, 2018
NaijaTechGuy:
A few years ago Gionee was a strong force to reckon with in the Nigerian mobile sector and for a really long time we haven't heard from them , no new devices, nothing at all . The big question on our minds is :

What Really Happened To Gionee Mobile?

Gionee has been facing a tough time over the past few months and is almost on the verge of bankruptcy.

The company has been facing financial woes in China, and if the latest report is to be believed, Gionee is considering filing for bankruptcy. There is also a possibility of liquidation after the company failed to pay financial creditors, marketing firms and about 400 suppliers.

According to reports from Beijing Youth daily, Gionee is on the verge of bankruptcy after owning money to financial institutions, suppliers, advertising and marketing agencies. Gionee currently owes $2.45 billion. And the chairman of Gionee “Liu”, had earlier lost CNY1 billion while gambling with the company assets.

Gionee, which ranked behind Apple in sixth place for handset sales in China last year, is now on the verge of bankruptcy restructuring as suppliers have halted component sales after failing to receive payments for several months, according to the report.

Liu admitted in the interview that Gionee’s total debts amount to 17 billion yuan($2,447,065,000), with 10 billion yuan($1,439,450,000) of this owed to banks, 5 billion yuan($719,725,000) to upstream suppliers and about 2 billion to advertising agencies.

If restructuring is not a viable option, Gionee will go into liquidation. This probably is the reason why you haven’t been seeing new devices from the company lately.m

https://www.naijatechguy.com/2018/11/what-happened-to-gionee.html
little wonder they can't help replacing the panel of my m6 mirror. Anyone with alternative help should pls indicate. I really love that phone and can sue Gionee for breach of trust, and file to be made a beneficiary in the bankruptcy suit.
Re: What Happened To Gionee And Why You Haven't Seen New Phones From Them by TechyPals(m): 2:02pm On Dec 01, 2018
tokrizy:
I dnt use trash phones.

samsung and iPhones only..

all dis ones na rubbish
Who told u that Gionee is trash... wink
tokrizy:
I dnt use trash phones.

samsung and iPhones only..

all dis ones na rubbish
Who told u that Gionee is trash...
Re: What Happened To Gionee And Why You Haven't Seen New Phones From Them by MsGood(f): 2:05pm On Dec 01, 2018
princfred:
If it's not Samsung or by Europeans/Americans it's not a phone.... why do people keep buying all these Chinese toys don't don't give utility over time? They no dey get network sef.
If I could afford Samsung, do you think I would have gone for Gionee? Fingers are not equal, bro.

2 Likes

Re: What Happened To Gionee And Why You Haven't Seen New Phones From Them by persius555(m): 2:18pm On Dec 01, 2018
Very good brand but bad market practice
Re: What Happened To Gionee And Why You Haven't Seen New Phones From Them by piagetskinner(m): 2:22pm On Dec 01, 2018
ritababe:
can you imagine?

this is why gambling is bad,.
Happy New Month Nairalanders, we shall fulfil our potentials before the year runs out IJN.

pls can u explain ur dp
Re: What Happened To Gionee And Why You Haven't Seen New Phones From Them by Beemhan(m): 2:47pm On Dec 01, 2018
[quote author=NaijaTechGuy post=73455978]

Gionee, which ranked behind Apple in sixth place for handset sales in China last year, is now on the verge of bankruptcy restructuring as suppliers have halted component sales after failing to receive payments for several months, according to the report.

Is that supposed to be a joke? Gionee ranked 6th in China last year? shocked Mbok educate yourself before you misinform people. Gionee at its peak was still nowhere in China https://www.counterpointresearch.com/china-smartphone-share/
Re: What Happened To Gionee And Why You Haven't Seen New Phones From Them by princfred(m): 2:52pm On Dec 01, 2018
MsGood:

If I could afford Samsung, do you think I would have gone for Gionee? Fingers are not equal, bro.
But the cost of buying plenty Gionee phones over time will be equal to buying one good phone that will last long. Also they have second hand value and better utility.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Mobile App Saved Me From Being defrauded of Huge sum by Kidnappers In Rivers / 3 Questions You Should Answer Before Posting On Facebook / TECNO Camon 17 Unboxing, First Impressions And Specifications + Price (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.