Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,187 members, 7,953,675 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 10:34 PM

What Happened To Gionee And Why You Haven't Seen New Phones From Them - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / What Happened To Gionee And Why You Haven't Seen New Phones From Them (29968 Views)

What Ever Happened To Gionee? / Xiaomi Now Worst Than Transsion - 10 New Phones In 6 Months / What Happened To Gionee? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Happened To Gionee And Why You Haven't Seen New Phones From Them by MsGood(f): 3:12pm On Dec 01, 2018
princfred:
But the cost of buying plenty Gionee phones over time will be equal to buying one good phone that will last long. Also they have second hand value and better utility.
You're right but where would I get the money from? I'm job hunting and studying at the same time. I can't spend so much on a phone when I'm still being sponsored.
Re: What Happened To Gionee And Why You Haven't Seen New Phones From Them by hinograce: 3:33pm On Dec 01, 2018
slowbreeze:

Lol..My thots too.I also use F205.
nice. How has d experience being?
Re: What Happened To Gionee And Why You Haven't Seen New Phones From Them by theapeman4: 3:56pm On Dec 01, 2018
NaijaTechGuy:
A few years ago Gionee was a strong force to reckon with in the Nigerian mobile sector and for a really long time we haven't heard from them , no new devices, nothing at all . The big question on our minds is :

What Really Happened To Gionee Mobile?

Gionee has been facing a tough time over the past few months and is almost on the verge of bankruptcy.

The company has been facing financial woes in China, and if the latest report is to be believed, Gionee is considering filing for bankruptcy. There is also a possibility of liquidation after the company failed to pay financial creditors, marketing firms and about 400 suppliers.

According to reports from Beijing Youth daily, Gionee is on the verge of bankruptcy after owning money to financial institutions, suppliers, advertising and marketing agencies. Gionee currently owes $2.45 billion. And the chairman of Gionee “Liu”, had earlier lost CNY1 billion while gambling with the company assets.

Gionee, which ranked behind Apple in sixth place for handset sales in China last year, is now on the verge of bankruptcy restructuring as suppliers have halted component sales after failing to receive payments for several months, according to the report.

Liu admitted in the interview that Gionee’s total debts amount to 17 billion yuan($2,447,065,000), with 10 billion yuan($1,439,450,000) of this owed to banks, 5 billion yuan($719,725,000) to upstream suppliers and about 2 billion to advertising agencies.

If restructuring is not a viable option, Gionee will go into liquidation. This probably is the reason why you haven’t been seeing new devices from the company lately.m

https://www.naijatechguy.com/2018/11/what-happened-to-gionee.html
cut story short! Gionee use there company money to play Naija bet (gambling) hence there downfall
Re: What Happened To Gionee And Why You Haven't Seen New Phones From Them by tokrizy: 4:17pm On Dec 01, 2018
TechyPals:
Who told u that Gionee is trash... wink Who told u that Gionee is trash...
if u can't compare it to samsung and iPhone den it's a trash phone
Re: What Happened To Gionee And Why You Haven't Seen New Phones From Them by kenneth58(m): 5:05pm On Dec 01, 2018
Rule number one:

Never gamble with company's money

Rule number two:

Separate your company's account from yours to avoid paying bet9ja with it.

Finally

Avoid lottery the probability of winning is slim
Re: What Happened To Gionee And Why You Haven't Seen New Phones From Them by bamasite(m): 5:12pm On Dec 01, 2018
This brings to mind what earl nightingale said in The Boss:

THERE IS NO BUSINESS THAT IS TOO BIG TO GO OUT OF BUSINESS

1 Like

Re: What Happened To Gionee And Why You Haven't Seen New Phones From Them by pussywounder: 5:14pm On Dec 01, 2018
Poorboy:
mine display change your sim that's update it or you are using an old version of Gionne
ıs ıt actually a 4G phone. Model abeg
Re: What Happened To Gionee And Why You Haven't Seen New Phones From Them by Poorboy: 6:17pm On Dec 01, 2018
silent10:

I am using gionee m6, yes my sim is 4g and the network in my area is good. I removed my sim, inserted it in tecno camon cx and 4g displayed. My friend have the same issue.
hope you can see the 4G there in my sim 1, my sim 2 is 3G because I have not upgraded it.

Re: What Happened To Gionee And Why You Haven't Seen New Phones From Them by MycroftHolmes: 6:46pm On Dec 01, 2018
Paschalp:
And GIONEE products are bae fah,

Whenever I brandish my GIONEE device eh, techno and infinix users the hide their toys

GIONEE gives the difference, I hope they apply business shrewdness and veer back on track cool
I swear!
Re: What Happened To Gionee And Why You Haven't Seen New Phones From Them by xcellencia(m): 8:16pm On Dec 01, 2018
Na so de tori com be?
Re: What Happened To Gionee And Why You Haven't Seen New Phones From Them by crowntoro(f): 8:22pm On Dec 01, 2018
I bought a Gionee X1S this year February but the phone's battery started having issues in July and I took it to their Customer care in both Lagos and Ibadan, up til now, they don't have battery to replace the spoilt one. I CAN NEVER RECOMMEND GIONEE TO ANYBODY AGAIN
Re: What Happened To Gionee And Why You Haven't Seen New Phones From Them by spenoiya(m): 8:29pm On Dec 01, 2018
NaijaTechGuy:
A few years ago Gionee was a strong force to reckon with in the Nigerian mobile sector and for a really long time we haven't heard from them , no new devices, nothing at all . The big question on our minds is :

What Really Happened To Gionee Mobile?

Gionee has been facing a tough time over the past few months and is almost on the verge of bankruptcy.

The company has been facing financial woes in China, and if the latest report is to be believed, Gionee is considering filing for bankruptcy. There is also a possibility of liquidation after the company failed to pay financial creditors, marketing firms and about 400 suppliers.

According to reports from Beijing Youth daily, Gionee is on the verge of bankruptcy after owning money to financial institutions, suppliers, advertising and marketing agencies. Gionee currently owes $2.45 billion. And the chairman of Gionee “Liu”, had earlier lost CNY1 billion while gambling with the company assets.

Gionee, which ranked behind Apple in sixth place for handset sales in China last year, is now on the verge of bankruptcy restructuring as suppliers have halted component sales after failing to receive payments for several months, according to the report.

Liu admitted in the interview that Gionee’s total debts amount to 17 billion yuan($2,447,065,000), with 10 billion yuan($1,439,450,000) of this owed to banks, 5 billion yuan($719,725,000) to upstream suppliers and about 2 billion to advertising agencies.

If restructuring is not a viable option, Gionee will go into liquidation. This probably is the reason why you haven’t been seeing new devices from the company lately.m

https://www.naijatechguy.com/2018/11/what-happened-to-gionee.html

That's probably why my phone dey misbehave now sef, as per update n software error report
Re: What Happened To Gionee And Why You Haven't Seen New Phones From Them by Genea(f): 8:31pm On Dec 01, 2018
viktohmarkz:
make una leave Gionee am currently using an x1S and if you're talking about speed, camera and battery life it's good, buh am also struggling with the phone barely 4 months old and it's having touch issues without crack or anything,the phone hasn't touched water and it's having this kinda issues.
I went to customer care in port Harcourt and I was told the phone has factory problem and they cant replace despite the warranty because I bought online. am confused I paid 5k for software update and the phone is still misbehaving.
I don't just understand
As in eeeehn, I'm tired of this X1S, it's so annoying. Not up to a year, never fallen and the phone has various issues ranging from going off on its own, touch pad issues, battery draining to the end once it reaches 15%, camera is so light sensitive and to make matters worse I can't even update the phone
Re: What Happened To Gionee And Why You Haven't Seen New Phones From Them by drjprince: 9:32pm On Dec 01, 2018
Gionee, xiaomi,ulephone they all sounding alike believe me dey all have the same fate of being gambled for nothing
Re: What Happened To Gionee And Why You Haven't Seen New Phones From Them by aezenkwu(m): 10:19pm On Dec 01, 2018
And I'm still using my Gionee.M6 that I bought since January 2017. I wonder why this op gets his own info. The only issue I had was only the charging port which they changed for me swiftly. The only problem with gionee is just the update that u can't update. But have u guys seen gionee m7 power. It's better than all these useless phones some people aforementioned here.

Most of us are rough that's why phones cant stay

Modified

2 Likes

Re: What Happened To Gionee And Why You Haven't Seen New Phones From Them by nsilordgmail(m): 10:37pm On Dec 01, 2018
Typing with my F103
Re: What Happened To Gionee And Why You Haven't Seen New Phones From Them by TechCapon(m): 10:44pm On Dec 01, 2018
aezenkwu:
And I'm still using my Gionee.M6 that I bought since January 2017. I wonder why this techcapon gets his own info. The only issue I had was only the charging port which they changed for me swiftly. The only problem with gionee is just the update that u can't update. But have u guys seen gionee m7 power. It's better than all these useless phones some people aforementioned here.

Most of us are rough that's why phones cant stay
and where was techcapon mentioned in this article?

1 Like

Re: What Happened To Gionee And Why You Haven't Seen New Phones From Them by viktohmarkz(m): 11:32am On Dec 02, 2018
Genea:
As in eeeehn, I'm tired of this X1S, it's so annoying. Not up to a year, never fallen and the phone has various issues ranging from going off on its own, touch pad issues, battery draining to the end once it reaches 15%, camera is so light sensitive and to make matters worse I can't even update the phone

I updated mine sha
you know normally you can't use the instagram app, the battery I don't let my get to 20%,for the camera I just look for a good angle, mine isn't going on and off yet, buh the touch issues the customer care guys told me its a factory setting. so I extended my light to 30mins so it doesn't keep going on and off.
for the update I paid 5k.
the touch is my only problem tho.

1 Like

Re: What Happened To Gionee And Why You Haven't Seen New Phones From Them by Casemiro(m): 1:27pm On Dec 02, 2018
NaijaTechGuy:

Innjoo is still very much visible in the middle east. They brought sub standard products here and were sanctioned

> it is well

choi shocked
big momas garden

Natural home remedies

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Can I Unlock My Tecno Android P3??? / How To Quickly Root Infinix Hot 2 X510 Without PC - Android One / I Think Someone Mistakenly Credited My Airtel Line With N3000.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.