Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,192 members, 7,811,498 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:07 PM

2018 Total Startup Of The Year Challenge - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / 2018 Total Startup Of The Year Challenge (520 Views)

Before You Build That Startup Of Yours / Join The 25m In 1 Year Challenge / Ppc Digitals-ppc.ng Nominated For The Startup Of The Year At The Nira Awards (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2018 Total Startup Of The Year Challenge by Oluqueen: 11:19am On Dec 01, 2018
The 2018 Total Startup of the year challenge came to an end a month ago.

Most ideas and businesses scaled through so far all the questions in the challenge form were attended to.

At this second stage, participants are admonished to post their project ideas on social media to gain likes which would be converted to 10% of their total scores.

This post is dedicated to such participants, please come here and post your project ideas and links. You can also give a brief description of your project to gain more likes.

Let me go first...

Project Name( Author): Igboke Oluchi

Project Title: Food Storage and Processing utilizing Artificial Intelligence in information collection.

Link:.
https://startupper-of-the-year-challenge.total.com/en/juries/NbVfpWn54Btp9yIdOZoFUQ/participations/3158/vote#

Brief Description of Challenge in the Country:

 Lack of food storage facilities and efficient processing in Nigeria results to enormous losses in monetary terms.

 Most crops are seasonal, thus they are routinely available in copious quantities at certain parts of the year and in lesser or no considerable proportions in the remaining parts of the year.

 According to FAO "an adequate crop and sustainable food system are dearly needed, together with efficient processing and continuous distribution to ensure equitable and adequate supplies at the national, district and household levels."

This project aims to promptly initiate food storage and processing systems, utilizing Artificial Intelligence in the collection process.

This will progressively reduce food wastage and spoilage to the barest minimum.

Please like my project via this link to offer your support for a better food storage and processing technique in Nigeria (Project Name: Oluchi Igboke). See link below:

https://startupper-of-the-year-challenge.total.com/en/juries/NbVfpWn54Btp9yIdOZoFUQ/participations/3158/vote#
Re: 2018 Total Startup Of The Year Challenge by aloeman15(m): 11:24am On Dec 01, 2018
Oluqueen:
The 2018 Total Startup of the year challenge came to an end a month ago.

Most ideas and businesses scaled through so far all the questions in the challenge form were attended to.

At this second stage, participants are admonished to post their project ideas on social media to gain likes which would be converted to 10% of their total scores.

This post is dedicated to such participants, please come here and post your project ideas and links. You can also give a brief description of your project to gain more likes.

Let me go first...

Project Name( Author): Igboke Oluchi

Project Title: Food Storage and Processing utilizing Artificial Intelligence in information collection.

Link:.

Brief Description of Challenge in the Country:

 Lack of food storage facilities and efficient processing in Nigeria results to enormous losses in monetary terms.

 Most crops are seasonal, thus they are routinely available in copious quantities at certain parts of the year and in lesser or no considerable proportions in the remaining parts of the year.

 According to FAO "an adequate crop and sustainable food system are dearly needed, together with efficient processing and continuous distribution to ensure equitable and adequate supplies at the national, district and household levels."

This project aims to promptly initiate food storage and processing systems, utilizing Artificial Intelligence in the collection process.

This will progressively reduce food wastage and spoilage to the barest minimum.

Please like my project via this link to offer your support for a better food storage and processing technique in Nigeria (Project Name: Oluchi Igboke). See link below:

how would this work in a country without power, and farmers without money or understanding of ur ideas?
did u provide power and trainin solutions/alternatives?
Re: 2018 Total Startup Of The Year Challenge by Oluqueen: 11:25am On Dec 01, 2018
All 2018 Total Startup of the year participants, come and gain more likes here.
Tell us about your project and let's make our Country great.
Re: 2018 Total Startup Of The Year Challenge by Oluqueen: 12:13pm On Dec 01, 2018
aloeman15:
how would this work in a country without power, and farmers without money or understanding of ur ideas?
did u provide power and trainin solutions/alternatives?

Thanks...

Power challenges:
The country obviously still suffers from epileptic power supply and it is a great challenge for Startups, even for this project idea.
Nevertheless, Solar energy and inverters remain the immediate power alternative. Besides, food processing equipment might not be required to run for long hours to consume so much power.
For instance, local storage of tomato paste last for months after blending, boiling, transferring to bottles and boiling again. This local system works without power supply.
Improving on these local techniques with solar energy can make tremendous advancement in food storage.

Farmers with no money:

For now I don't see farmers spending money to benefit from this project. Needed information shall be collected via the application of Artificial Intelligence in mobile phone softwares ( available in different languages).
There are other benefits which the application shall provide to farmers at no cost. Except data charges.

I believe once the projects begins to make progress,news will spread and more achievements will be made.
Re: 2018 Total Startup Of The Year Challenge by Oluqueen: 1:39pm On Dec 01, 2018
The agric sector needs investors in the area of food storage and processing.
When this is established, we will be one of the top exporters of our food crops.
Nigeria is blessed with several seasonal food crops, and processing them to other acceptable forms is a welcomed development.
Please like my project idea via this link to make it possible. Thanks.

Re: 2018 Total Startup Of The Year Challenge by Oluqueen: 4:27pm On Dec 01, 2018
What other innovative ideas can minimize food spoilage and wastage in Nigeria?
Re: 2018 Total Startup Of The Year Challenge by Oluqueen: 7:21pm On Dec 01, 2018
Over 1400 projects were selected to share their projects for likes.
What do you think about the selection process of the 2018 Total Startup Challenge?
Re: 2018 Total Startup Of The Year Challenge by Oluqueen: 6:37am On Dec 02, 2018
I think the process is not rigorous. Hopefully it will be fair enough.
Happy new month friends
Re: 2018 Total Startup Of The Year Challenge by Oluqueen: 3:10pm On Dec 02, 2018
Here are a few suggestions on how to gain likes for all participants:

Facebook
LinkedIn
Twitter
Whatsapp
Messenger
Upwork, yes even Upwork. The best place. ...
Ask me how.
Re: 2018 Total Startup Of The Year Challenge by myettiallah: 4:56pm On Dec 03, 2018
Oluqueen:
Here are a few suggestions on how to gain likes for all participants:

Facebook
LinkedIn
Twitter
Whatsapp
Messenger
Upwork, yes even Upwork. The best place. ...
Ask me how.
Hi..
I dont think its possible to use other platforms apart from email...

(1) (Reply)

GET YOUR BUSINESS LOGO AT A TOKEN, BONUS INCLUDED / ... / Whatsapp Telemarketing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.