Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,796 members, 7,827,940 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 07:40 PM

Woman Was Sentenced To Death After Cultists Killed Her Lecturer Lover. Photos - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Woman Was Sentenced To Death After Cultists Killed Her Lecturer Lover. Photos (35628 Views)

How Cultists Killed Eze Nwah-Onuh, 105-Year-Old Traditional Ruler In Enugu State / 4 Notorious Kidnappers & Cultists Killed In Eleme, Rivers State (Graphic Photos) / 2 Iceland Cultists Killed In Imo During Shootout In A Forest (Graphic Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Woman Was Sentenced To Death After Cultists Killed Her Lecturer Lover. Photos by AdeFola21: 7:56pm On Dec 01, 2018
So sad indeed!
Re: Woman Was Sentenced To Death After Cultists Killed Her Lecturer Lover. Photos by SAMBARRY: 8:01pm On Dec 01, 2018
She should sue the useless family for false accusations and libel.so many African families are so animalistic. So because a family member died,his girlfriend has to go in for it.im sure its those kinds of depraved families that will tell her to marry her husbands younger brother even if he's married or they'll tell her to drink the water used in washing the corpse of the husband. Barbaric irrotational and irritating family

O have said it before women know the type of family a man has before saying yes to him.many families aren't what they appear to be on introduction and traditional wedding
Re: Woman Was Sentenced To Death After Cultists Killed Her Lecturer Lover. Photos by rapid101(m): 8:09pm On Dec 01, 2018
[center]Which kind justice system we get sef
U sentence pple wit out evidence
Jst because pple de suspect am

Na wa for our judges dem oh

Thank God for her sha[/center]
Re: Woman Was Sentenced To Death After Cultists Killed Her Lecturer Lover. Photos by Nobody: 8:11pm On Dec 01, 2018
A promising American teenage footballer spent 25 plus years in jail over false accusations till he was acquitted.

Shii happens everywhere.
Just pray not to be at the wrong place at the wrong time.

BishopImam:
Touching.
In Nigeria, being a law abiding citizen is not enough to stay out of trouble. We have to constantly pray not to be at the wrong place at the wrong time.

Imagine sentencing her to death because NO ONE ELSE WAS CAUGHT.

Now she has been discharged and acquitted without compensation. What about the wasted years?

Why convict someone based on assumptions?

Was it not the duty of the state to look for CONCRETE EVIDENCE to nail her if they see her as a suspect?

Lawyers Pls help interpret what it means to PROVE A CASE BEYOND REASONABLE DOUBTS.

is mere suspicion enough to earn one a death sentence?

The judge that handled the case should have been dismissed after she was discharged and acquitted.

Why am I so pissed?

Lord have mercy

1 Like

Re: Woman Was Sentenced To Death After Cultists Killed Her Lecturer Lover. Photos by joyfullyjoyous(f): 8:28pm On Dec 01, 2018
Thank you Jesus
Re: Woman Was Sentenced To Death After Cultists Killed Her Lecturer Lover. Photos by chinedu234(m): 8:32pm On Dec 01, 2018
BishopImam:
Touching.
In Nigeria, being a law abiding citizen is not enough to stay out of trouble. We have to constantly pray not to be at the wrong place at the wrong time.

Now she has been discharged and acquitted without compensation. What about the wasted years?

Was it not the duty of the state to look for CONCRETE EVIDENCE to nail her if they see her as a suspect?

Lawyers Pls help interpret what it means to PROVE A CASE BEYOND REASONABLE DOUBTS.

The judge that handled the case should have been dismissed after she was discharged and acquitted. [color=#006600][/color]

Why am I so pissed?

Lord have mercy
I join you to ask: Has that judge been dismissed?
Re: Woman Was Sentenced To Death After Cultists Killed Her Lecturer Lover. Photos by doctorgold(m): 8:34pm On Dec 01, 2018
enonche85:

The st
ory is not complete, because am still trying to understand why they'll just sentence her to death like that if they don't have any strong evidence against her.

understand what?
In Nigeria?. Just pray you don't get into any situation that will put you at the mercy of the Nigerian Judicial System.
Re: Woman Was Sentenced To Death After Cultists Killed Her Lecturer Lover. Photos by idinc(m): 8:36pm On Dec 01, 2018
Before reading down to the part she was discharged, i already believed her story cos she wud have actually called names if she conspired with the killers, i suspected the cultist guy that was interested in dating her. Thankfully she's free now
Re: Woman Was Sentenced To Death After Cultists Killed Her Lecturer Lover. Photos by doctorgold(m): 8:37pm On Dec 01, 2018
Offpoint:
Sentenced to death but still in prison for 13 years pending her execution? I'm not a lawyer, but how long does it takes to execute a death sentence?

Anyways if her story is true and I was to be her... I'll actually go back and commit the crime I was wrongly sentenced for, but this time the judge will be the victim.

In nigeria, a person can be sentenced to death and remain in prison for as long as forever. Reason being that we are short of hangmen. There are actually thousands of inmates waiting to be executed.
Re: Woman Was Sentenced To Death After Cultists Killed Her Lecturer Lover. Photos by SLOVFO(m): 8:38pm On Dec 01, 2018
SAMBARRY:
She should sue the useless family for false accusations and libel.so many African families are so animalistic. So because a family member died,his girlfriend has to go in for it.im sure its those kinds of depraved families that will tell her to marry her husbands younger brother even if he's married or they'll tell her to drink the water used in washing the corpse of the husband. Barbaric irrotational and irritating family

O have said it before women know the type of family a man has before saying yes to him.many families aren't what they appear to be on introduction and traditional wedding

Easy bro.
Did you not read the part that said she turned down a suspected cultist for the lecturer? Who knows what transpired between her and the cultist before the lecturer came into her life. Though all these do not justify her staying in prison for 13 years. But I can understand why the family of the deceased were vindictive and suspicious of complicity on her part...
Re: Woman Was Sentenced To Death After Cultists Killed Her Lecturer Lover. Photos by SAMBARRY: 8:45pm On Dec 01, 2018
SLOVFO:

Easy bro.
Did you not read the part that said she turned down a suspected cultist for the lecturer? Who knows what transpired between her and the cultist before the lecturer came into her life. Though all these do not justify her staying in prison for 13 years. But I can understand why the family of the deceased were vindictive and suspicious of complicity on her part...
na today man dey toast woman wey woman no go grree am?so a woman saying no to a mans advances now equals to being an accomplice of cultist.a normal lady whose life,future and family is important to her and whose head is correct will say no to a cultist. So apparently the cultist took it as a slap to his face and ego and killed the lecturer. We all know how violent and egocentric cultists are.so what's now the connection between a cultist wey toast a woman and she said no and her being an accomplice of the murder?
Re: Woman Was Sentenced To Death After Cultists Killed Her Lecturer Lover. Photos by Hugoboi(m): 9:12pm On Dec 01, 2018
Hmmm. Vivian Odogwu and her testimony... I handled her matter at the Court Of Appeal in Port Harcourt and there's no way she knew nothing about the death of the lecturer. God in his infinite mercies granted her a second chance and she should be grateful. No need coming her to act like a saint. The evidence adduced both at the trial court and appellate court was rock solid.
Re: Woman Was Sentenced To Death After Cultists Killed Her Lecturer Lover. Photos by kunletexs: 9:16pm On Dec 01, 2018
i know what this narrator left out is that it might be one of the numerous prison program organised by the rccg that her case was heard, the church refiled her case and now she is off the hook. rccg is really trying and they have touched lives too numerous to mention. many of the negative church talkers would not come here and commend the good work churches are doing but only wait when there are evil report orchestrated by evil men and they would now open their useless mouth and some gullible and foolish fans too would join them. carry out rccg and haters go and eat shit
Re: Woman Was Sentenced To Death After Cultists Killed Her Lecturer Lover. Photos by Hugoboi(m): 9:20pm On Dec 01, 2018
She conveniently left out the part where she threatened the lecturrer with death after learning he had no plans of marrying her after countless abortions. How about the testimony of the lecturer''s landlord that had had to settle numerous rows where she openly threaten led to eliminate him. How does one's lover get murdered in her presence and her first impulse is to hide the blood stained knives in the kitchen oven. How about her attempts to set the kitchen ablaze to prevent the Police from discovering the blood stained knives. How about the uncontroverted evidence that the killers entered the house and the house door showed no sign of forced entry.

She was discharged by the Supreme Court cos the critical pieces of evidence relied on by the High Court and the Court of Appeal to convict her magically did not find it's way to the Supreme Court.

Like I said earlier, Vivian should grab the 2nd chance at life and turn a new leaf. All these her sob stories can only attract sympathies. Those in the know, know that she was complicit in her lover's murder. Period.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Woman Was Sentenced To Death After Cultists Killed Her Lecturer Lover. Photos by Hugoboi(m): 9:23pm On Dec 01, 2018
SAMBARRY:

I was one of her lawyers during the trail. Forget what you read here. She was complicit in her lover's murder.

1 Like

Re: Woman Was Sentenced To Death After Cultists Killed Her Lecturer Lover. Photos by anyaekekehinde(m): 9:25pm On Dec 01, 2018
Gaddafiyusf:
Capital lie. The school no get name. The lecture no get name. One minute silence for those that believe this story

It's a true life story, one of my Big Aunty that worked with prison's service told me of her story far back as 2010/2011.. She was in the condemned section of kirikiri then...

Exactly how she narrated the story then.

I am happy for her now
Re: Woman Was Sentenced To Death After Cultists Killed Her Lecturer Lover. Photos by Hugoboi(m): 9:43pm On Dec 01, 2018
anyaekekehinde:

It's a true life story, one of my Big Aunty that worked with prison's service told me of her story far back as 2010/2011.. She was in the condemned section of kirikiri then...

Exactly how she narrated the story then.

I am happy for her now

She was moved to Kiri Kiri after the militant jailbreak at Port Harcourt prisons. Asides from being one of her lawyers, the deceased lecture was my cousin's neighbour's and she was always at the house. Testimony is always told to suit the narrative of whoever is telling it. Her case was quite popular in Port Harcourt that year. She was a final year student in faculty of law in Rivers State University of Science and Technology. Everybody knows she had a hand in the lecturer''s murder. She was just lucky the Supreme Court discharged her over insufficient evidence.

2 Likes

Re: Woman Was Sentenced To Death After Cultists Killed Her Lecturer Lover. Photos by Offpoint: 9:45pm On Dec 01, 2018
doctorgold:

In nigeria, a person can be sentenced to death and remain in prison for as long as forever. Reason being that we are short of hangmen. There are actually thousands of inmates waiting to be executed.
So all those robbers sentenced to death are currently in prison?

Can one volunteer to be a hang man? I need to volunteer...
Re: Woman Was Sentenced To Death After Cultists Killed Her Lecturer Lover. Photos by Hugoboi(m): 9:56pm On Dec 01, 2018
Re: Woman Was Sentenced To Death After Cultists Killed Her Lecturer Lover. Photos by Hugoboi(m): 9:58pm On Dec 01, 2018
https://ilaw.com.ng/vivian-odogwu-v-the-state/

The Court of Appeal judgement that affirmed her conviction for murder and consequent sentencing to death by hanging.
Re: Woman Was Sentenced To Death After Cultists Killed Her Lecturer Lover. Photos by Clashy(m): 10:09pm On Dec 01, 2018
[quote author=BishopImam post=73462178]Touching.

The judge that handled the case should have been dismissed after she was discharged and acquitted.

Why am I so pissed?

Lord have mercy [/hmmm,only the matured minds would have insight to this.]
Re: Woman Was Sentenced To Death After Cultists Killed Her Lecturer Lover. Photos by sunnyt1(m): 10:10pm On Dec 01, 2018
Gaddafiyusf:
Capital lie. The school no get name. The lecture no get name. One minute silence for those that believe this story

This is the most pathetic few lines i have ever perused on NL, you have the impetus to question the credibiliy of someone's experience because she chose not to let out some details? Pls take jamb all over again
Re: Woman Was Sentenced To Death After Cultists Killed Her Lecturer Lover. Photos by Yankiss(m): 10:24pm On Dec 01, 2018
Gaddafiyusf:
If after being plucked from the jaws of death she would come in the very altar of God and tell lies, then she would not escape a second indictment as sure the supreme Almighty God liveth.
Re: Woman Was Sentenced To Death After Cultists Killed Her Lecturer Lover. Photos by Enivin(m): 10:27pm On Dec 01, 2018
Congratulation ma, some people don't have the second chance like you.
Re: Woman Was Sentenced To Death After Cultists Killed Her Lecturer Lover. Photos by obstead200(m): 10:36pm On Dec 01, 2018
Spark01:
Thank God for your life but this story is half baked. You were dating the cultist and the lecturer same time. The cultist found out and killed the lecturer. You could not sell him out to the police because you love him. Thanks
this one sounds better.
Oya my own version: her cultist boyfriend had an axe to grind with the young lecturer. He used her as a bait to get the lecturer to lower his guard. Then she actively opened the doors to let in the Cultist into the lecturers house to kill him.
If this was not the case, why could she not mention her cultist boyfriend name?

2 Likes

Re: Woman Was Sentenced To Death After Cultists Killed Her Lecturer Lover. Photos by KRILMIJAY(m): 10:50pm On Dec 01, 2018
Gaddafiyusf:

It happened in River State University formerly River State University of Science and technology. It's a true life story and it was featured in one of Nigerians Law reports. I've forgotten the name of the case and the full citation.
I am glad she was later released.
Re: Woman Was Sentenced To Death After Cultists Killed Her Lecturer Lover. Photos by KRILMIJAY(m): 10:52pm On Dec 01, 2018
Hugoboi:

https://ilaw.com.ng/vivian-odogwu-v-the-state/

The Court of Appeal judgement that affirmed her conviction for murder and consequent sentencing to death by hanging.

Thanks bro. This is the case here
Re: Woman Was Sentenced To Death After Cultists Killed Her Lecturer Lover. Photos by Antichristus: 10:56pm On Dec 01, 2018
seborrhic:
Nigeria police and judiciary are not that useless.
There is no way she could have been sentenced to death when there was no direct evidence she committed the murder.
No police prosecutor would request for that and no judge would sentence her to death.The worse would have been some years sentence for being an accomplice.
Its either she was actually the murderer and accordingly sentenced to death when the prosecutor showed incontrovertible evidence;or its just another garnished testimony lie.

YOUR ASSERTION TOTALLY IGNORES THE REALITY OF THE DISGRACEFULLY CORRUPT AND INCOMPETENT NIGERIAN JUDICIAL SYSTEM.
Re: Woman Was Sentenced To Death After Cultists Killed Her Lecturer Lover. Photos by Antichristus: 10:58pm On Dec 01, 2018
NIGERIA IS NOT ONLY A FAILED STATE BUT A ROUGE NATION. THERE ARE MANY PEOPLE LANGUISHING IN NIGERIAN PRISONS FOR MISCARRIAGE OF JUSTICE. I HAVE NO RESPECT, WHATSOEVER, FOR MEMBERS OF THE NIGERIAN JUDICIARY. OF COURSE NIGERIAN POLICE OFFICERS ARE ARCH-ROGUES.

MY BEST DECISION IN LIFE WAS THE DAY I SHREDDED MY NIGERIAN PASSPORT AND VOWED NEVER AGAIN TO STEP MY FOOT ON THAT CURSED LAND.
Re: Woman Was Sentenced To Death After Cultists Killed Her Lecturer Lover. Photos by MOVERSMAG: 11:03pm On Dec 01, 2018
Rucheen:
Looks like another testimony lie
Not a lie, it happened in rivers state university of science and technology in port Harcourt

She was a childhood neighbour
Re: Woman Was Sentenced To Death After Cultists Killed Her Lecturer Lover. Photos by jidxin(m): 11:13pm On Dec 01, 2018
Offpoint:
Sentenced to death but still in prison for 13 years pending her execution? I'm not a lawyer, but how long does it takes to execute a death sentence?

Anyways if her story is true and I was to be her... I'll actually go back and commit the crime I was wrongly sentenced for, but this time the judge will be the victim.
most condemned convicts are hardly executed, most of the state Governors who were supposed to sign their execution most times declines from doing so except oshomole. Infact their are condemned inmates spending close to 20 years in kirikiri
Re: Woman Was Sentenced To Death After Cultists Killed Her Lecturer Lover. Photos by jidxin(m): 11:14pm On Dec 01, 2018
Antichristus:

YOUR ASSERTION TOTALLY IGNORES THE REALITY OF THE DISGRACEFULLY CORRUPT AND INCOMPETENT NIGERIAN JUDICIAL SYSTEM.
I disagree with you. ...with reasons

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Man Rapes 7-Year-Old Girl In Bauchi School Toilet / Bloody Clash Between Fulani And Benin Youths Averted By Police (photos) / Police Kill Suspected Armed Robber In Katsina (Graphic Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.