Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,934 members, 7,845,010 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 11:17 AM

Woman Was Sentenced To Death After Cultists Killed Her Lecturer Lover. Photos - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Woman Was Sentenced To Death After Cultists Killed Her Lecturer Lover. Photos (35657 Views)

How Cultists Killed Eze Nwah-Onuh, 105-Year-Old Traditional Ruler In Enugu State / 4 Notorious Kidnappers & Cultists Killed In Eleme, Rivers State (Graphic Photos) / 2 Iceland Cultists Killed In Imo During Shootout In A Forest (Graphic Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Woman Was Sentenced To Death After Cultists Killed Her Lecturer Lover. Photos by Oritsewhandey(m): 12:34am On Dec 02, 2018
Flexherbal:
Thank God for her life!

This is how some people go in for what they know nothing about.
Thanks be to God.
Wake up call for her to veer into humanitarian law.
Re: Woman Was Sentenced To Death After Cultists Killed Her Lecturer Lover. Photos by Triangles1(m): 12:40am On Dec 02, 2018
BishopImam:
Touching.
In Nigeria, being a law abiding citizen is not enough to stay out of trouble. We have to constantly pray not to be at the wrong place at the wrong time.

Imagine sentencing her to death because NO ONE ELSE WAS CAUGHT.

Now she has been discharged and acquitted without compensation. What about the wasted years?

Why convict someone based on assumptions?

Was it not the duty of the state to look for CONCRETE EVIDENCE to nail her if they see her as a suspect?

Lawyers Pls help interpret what it means to PROVE A CASE BEYOND REASONABLE DOUBTS.

is mere suspicion enough to earn one a death sentence?

The judge that handled the case should have been dismissed after she was discharged and acquitted.

Why am I so pissed?

Lord have mercy

God will lead you to be a leader tomorrow, I liked your mindset and the way you see things........

1 Like

Re: Woman Was Sentenced To Death After Cultists Killed Her Lecturer Lover. Photos by pedrilo: 12:42am On Dec 02, 2018
nigerian judiciary is analogue justice system, that was how they sentenced a man one ashawo accused of rapin her just cos the man ncud not pay 40k but 9k to d ashawo lady after doin d do
BishopImam:
Touching.
In Nigeria, being a law abiding citizen is not enough to stay out of trouble. We have to constantly pray not to be at the wrong place at the wrong time.

Now she has been discharged and acquitted without compensation. What about the wasted years?

Was it not the duty of the state to look for CONCRETE EVIDENCE to nail her if they see her as a suspect?

Lawyers Pls help interpret what it means to PROVE A CASE BEYOND REASONABLE DOUBTS.

The judge that handled the case should have been dismissed after she was discharged and acquitted.

Why am I so pissed?

Lord have mercy
Re: Woman Was Sentenced To Death After Cultists Killed Her Lecturer Lover. Photos by anyaekekehinde(m): 4:57am On Dec 02, 2018
Hugoboi:

She was moved to Kiri Kiri after the militant jailbreak at Port Harcourt prisons. Asides from being one of her lawyers, the deceased lecture was my cousin's neighbour's and she was always at the house. Testimony is always told to suit the narrative of whoever is telling it. Her case was quite popular in Port Harcourt that year. She was a final year student in faculty of law in Rivers State University of Science and Technology. Everybody knows she had a hand in the lecturer''s murder. She was just lucky the Supreme Court discharged her over insufficient evidence.

Wow... Thank you for correcting the errors in my statement.

But does it mean that she invited the cult guy's to murder the lecturer, or how do you mean by "everybody knows she had hand in the lecturer's death'.

Because she narrated the story to my Aunty like she is just a victim of circumstances
Re: Woman Was Sentenced To Death After Cultists Killed Her Lecturer Lover. Photos by DavidEsq(m): 6:24am On Dec 02, 2018
BishopImam:
Touching.

Why am I so pissed?

Lord have mercy
I think she is just talking gibberish. I believe it's a case of awaiting trial or trial under remand. That is, either the case file was not transmitted to the DPP in time or even it was transmitted on time, it wasn't followed up closely to ensure the DPP brought it out and filed the charges on time. This is because, as at 2001, the Police wr in the habit of arranging suspects before lowers courts that had no powers to try such grave offences, so the lower courts would make remand orders, sending the suspects to held in prison until the file has been taken to the DPP and the latter would then file the charges for arraignment in the proper court (high court). Such suspects could spend a very long time in prison, awaiting trial. Sometimes, such period spent awaiting trial could be longer than the actual sentence if the suspect's ppl don't follow up with the DPP.
If this is not th case here, then it may be that he trial lasted for 13 years, probably due to ("lawyer abeg hep me I no get mny"wink, which is usually the song of unserious clients. So the lawyer would do it at the convenience and wen e tire am, e go drop am, until the suspect's ppl take the case serious enof to sell their properties. This could take a very long period of time. Shey u understand now? U don stop to vex abi?
Re: Woman Was Sentenced To Death After Cultists Killed Her Lecturer Lover. Photos by jidobaba(m): 8:03am On Dec 02, 2018
@hugoboi thank you for the expose.

I choose to believe the Law rather than a vengeful woman.

She just had to come public to make the ceremony of innocence. And what better place to start than testimony time. No questions asked, no answers given.

You see how religion gives criminals a stage to launder their image.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Woman Was Sentenced To Death After Cultists Killed Her Lecturer Lover. Photos by Hugoboi(m): 9:30am On Dec 02, 2018
anyaekekehinde:

Wow... Thank you for correcting the errors in my statement.

But does it mean that she invited the cult guy's to murder the lecturer, or how do you mean by "everybody knows she had hand in the lecturer's death'.

Because she narrated the story to my Aunty like she is just a victim of circumstances

I interviewed her a couple of times when she was in prison awaiting trial and her story didnt add up...at least to me. I raised several queries in my earlier post which when taken together circumstantial point to her having pre knowledge of the lecturer''s death. From the evidence elicited by the police, the fact that there was no sign of forced entry shows that entrance was deliberately made easy for the assailants. The deceased's landlord testified for the prosecution to the effect that they were always quarrelling and he had to wade in and settle the usually violent rows. There were also letters tendered as exhibits during the trial wherein sh ethreatenes to kill the guy. She even admitted authoring those letters. As her lawyers, we tried to get the court to throw out the testimonies of the deceased's relatives on the grounds that they were 'tainted' witnesses but the court in convicting her roundly rejected our argument and further stated that the fact that the witness is a blood relation of the deceased person does not make that witness a tainted one.

Finally, there is a conspiracy theory that her family paid off people at the Court of Appeal to disappear crucial records and evidence knowing fully well that without that, the Supreme Court would not be able to affirm her death sentence leaving them with no other choice but to discharge and free her. Read the Supreme Court judgment and you will understand better.

2 Likes

Re: Woman Was Sentenced To Death After Cultists Killed Her Lecturer Lover. Photos by balladin: 11:26am On Dec 02, 2018
BishopImam:
Touching.

Why am I so pissed?

Lord have mercy
Re: Woman Was Sentenced To Death After Cultists Killed Her Lecturer Lover. Photos by anyaekekehinde(m): 11:53am On Dec 02, 2018
Hugoboi:

I interviewed her a couple of times when she was in prison awaiting trial and her story didnt add up...at least to me. I raised several queries in my earlier post which when taken together circumstantial point to her having pre knowledge of the lecturer''s death. From the evidence elicited by the police, the fact that there was no sign of forced entry shows that entrance was deliberately made easy for the assailants. The deceased's landlord testified for the prosecution to the effect that they were always quarrelling and he had to wade in and settle the usually violent rows. There were also letters tendered as exhibits during the trial wherein sh ethreatenes to kill the guy. She even admitted authoring those letters. As her lawyers, we tried to get the court to throw out the testimonies of the deceased's relatives on the grounds that they were 'tainted' witnesses but the court in convicting her roundly rejected our argument and further stated that the fact that the witness is a blood relation of the deceased person does not make that witness a tainted one.

Finally, there is a conspiracy theory that her family paid off people at the Court of Appeal to disappear crucial records and evidence knowing fully well that without that, the Supreme Court would not be able to affirm her death sentence leaving them with no other choice but to discharge and free her. Read the Supreme Court judgment and you will understand better.

Thank you Sir
This is why I don't pitty people most times, Nigerians are quick to evoke all these religious sentiments after commiting crime
Re: Woman Was Sentenced To Death After Cultists Killed Her Lecturer Lover. Photos by anyaekekehinde(m): 11:55am On Dec 02, 2018
jidobaba:
@hugoboi thank you for the expose.

I choose to believe the Law rather than a vengeful woman.

She just had to come public to make the ceremony of innocence. And what better place to start than testimony time. No questions asked, no answers given.

You see how religion gives criminals a stage to launder their image.

Exactly my point
Re: Woman Was Sentenced To Death After Cultists Killed Her Lecturer Lover. Photos by Offpoint: 12:28pm On Dec 02, 2018
jidxin:
most condemned convicts are hardly executed, most of the state Governors who were supposed to sign their execution most times declines from doing so except oshomole. Infact their are condemned inmates spending close to 20 years in kirikiri
Wow! so there's no difference between life imprison and death sentence in then... Military era was a lot better then.
Re: Woman Was Sentenced To Death After Cultists Killed Her Lecturer Lover. Photos by jidobaba(m): 12:33pm On Dec 02, 2018
Hugoboi:

This is a crying shame.
Re: Woman Was Sentenced To Death After Cultists Killed Her Lecturer Lover. Photos by gogodaye(m): 1:54pm On Dec 02, 2018
Hugoboi:
Hmmm. Vivian Odogwu and her testimony... I handled her matter at the Court Of Appeal in Port Harcourt and there's no way she knew nothing about the death of the lecturer. God in his infinite mercies granted her a second chance and she should be grateful. No need coming her to act like a saint. The evidence adduced both at the trial court and appellate court was rock solid.

I just keep wondering why most folks won't let sleeping dogs lie down where they are....

Her story is a sharp contradiction to what was narrated as the genesis of the death of the bright young promising Ogu born Lawyer Lecturer, Mr.Nimeiboka.....
He was my lecturer in my undergraduate days at the Rivers State University of Science and Technology now Rivers State University.
She was my junior in the faculty.....
A fine gentleman.... He was......The dehumanizing manner of his death still shocks everyone till this day....

1 Like

Re: Woman Was Sentenced To Death After Cultists Killed Her Lecturer Lover. Photos by SAMBARRY: 2:35pm On Dec 02, 2018
Hugoboi:

I was one of her lawyers during the trail. Forget what you read here. She was complicit in her lover's murder.
did you read what you typed at all? She was complicit in her lovers murder? A man she intended to marry, she was part of his death? For money or what? Hiannn

How could she collaborate with the guy she said no to to kill her new lover?does that make sense to you?
Wonders
Re: Woman Was Sentenced To Death After Cultists Killed Her Lecturer Lover. Photos by Xisnin(m): 3:14pm On Dec 02, 2018
SAMBARRY:
did you read what you typed at all? She was complicit in her lovers murder? A man she intended to marry, she was part of his death? For money or what? Hiannn

How could she collaborate with the guy she said no to to kill her new lover?does that make sense to you?
Wonders
No Nigerian court will ever sentence a suspect to death based on her story.
Even murderers caught in the act sometimes escape the death penalty.
I am quite certain there was solid evidence against her.

1 Like

Re: Woman Was Sentenced To Death After Cultists Killed Her Lecturer Lover. Photos by jidobaba(m): 5:06pm On Dec 02, 2018
SAMBARRY:

Wonders
Read from the beginning.
The man confessed that he had no plans to marry her. The rest is history as they say.
Re: Woman Was Sentenced To Death After Cultists Killed Her Lecturer Lover. Photos by Hugoboi(m): 7:24pm On Dec 02, 2018
SAMBARRY:

Wonders

Where did I write that she collaborated with a guy she said no to? You should learn to read and analyze properly before making inputs.
Re: Woman Was Sentenced To Death After Cultists Killed Her Lecturer Lover. Photos by SAMBARRY: 7:29pm On Dec 02, 2018
Hugoboi:

Where did I write that she collaborated with a guy she said no to? You should learn to read and analyze properly before making inputs.
you should be the one to reread what you typed.abi what is the meaning of COMPLICIT that you wrote if not accomplice

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

3 Beheaded By Cultists In Obitti, Imo State (Graphic Pictures) / Man Rapes 7-Year-Old Girl In Bauchi School Toilet / Police Charge Unmarried Man With Adultery, Collect N10,000 Bribe at ATM (Pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 117
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.