Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,125 members, 7,811,174 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:07 AM

Hopeful Teenagers: Novel - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Hopeful Teenagers: Novel (404 Views)

Jewel From The Ghetto: New Novel Release!!! / Grabbing The Hot Gate ( A Paranormal Novel) By Akintayo Akinjide / Hacked:romance And Action Novel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hopeful Teenagers: Novel by kirra: 1:14am On Dec 02, 2018
Chapter One

"Oops!" Jake exclaimed staring at his wristwatch. He was running late to school again. He picked up his bag and rushed out of the house, nearly crashing into his mum whom he just managed to bid farewell to before bursting out the door.
He arrived at school just before the first period of the day. Being in the final year in high school could be pretty tough sometimes. He hurried to his classroom and took his seat. Few minutes later the teacher came in and told the students about the upcoming scientists invention programme.
“it’s happening for the first time in our high school, it has to do with all science students creating and inventing things that have to do with science", the teacher said wearing a low smile on his face.
After hearing about the competition programme, every student in happy day college got to work immediately, some started their research on cancer, some on heart blockage, some on tumours, some on the eyes, some on the lungs and so on. Who would sit idle when the winner gets a scholarship to study his desirable course in any university of his choice in the world?
The bell rang, it was time for basketball practice, all the girls in all classes rushed to the basketball hall to see Jake practice. To them he looks more hot and charming when he plays basketball. He is an handsome guy loaded with charm. Tall, slender and smart, with his fine dimples and cute smile.
The school had four top richest cool guys, whose fathers were the founders of the school, they come to school whenever they want to, bully anyone they want to, meet, use and dump girls like shit, they are the school craziest guys.
"Someone really needs to teach them a lesson", Jake thought about it every time they entered the school.
Peter and his friends entered the classroom and took their seats, shortly after a girl arrived, her walking step was superb, her dangling earrings, her pink lips, her innocent eyes and her swinging hair as she walked. She was about five feet seven with chocolate skin, slender and hot. She sat down on a sit in front of Jake beside Peter, all the guys in the class were swept off their feet.
Jake himself couldn't stop starring at her, she was an angel, but who knows what will happen next, maybe she was truly an angel who will teach those guys a lesson, no one could easily say.
"Hi, am Tise", Tise said with a smile on her face.
Jake looked back to be sure she was actually talking to him and when he was sure he returned the kind gesture she gave him.
"Am Jake...Jake Matthew", he replied with a smile on his face.
"Nice knowing you exist", Tise smiled.
Peter got angry and hit his hand on his desk “bloody asshole". He murmured, a tall and cute guy with pink lips, midnight eyeballs and curly hair.
They had all their classes and it was closing hours, Peter walked straight to Tise's desk hoping to have a conversation with her.
"Hi pretty damsel, am Peter Williams, what's yours?"
Tise concentrated on the biology text book she was glancing through.
"Hey miss am talking to you", Peter said hitting his hand on her desk.
"But I don't want to talk to you, can't you see that? And I’ll appreciate it if you'll let me be". Tise snapped at him and packed all her books inside her bag and turned back.
"Hey Jake, would you mind having a conversation with me? I really need to know about this school", she said politely.
"Sure", Jake replied picking up his bag and then he left with Tise.
"Damn", Peter hit his hand on the desk in front of him.
"Jake doesn't like to mingle with people, how come he followed her? Could it be that he is also falling for her?" He asked himself in curiosity.
"And why are you so curious to know?" Mike questioned. Tall, slender, fair skin with stunning looks.
"Is she a new catch?" Luke asked. Tall, cute, fair and bright eyes.
"Can't you see she is", Nate replied. Cute tall and slender with pink lips and bright smile.
"Will you guys just shut it", Peter said in annoyance and they all went numb.
"Come on guys let's go", Peter added and they all left.

"People will always say you’ll get the best training, inspiration, hope that..." Jake leaned forward and continued. "You may not be able to get in your entire life only at high school"
"Wow, cool", Tise blushed a little allowing her smile to reach her hot eyes.
"That's interesting", she continued, "don't you think there is more I should know about, like the rules and regulations of the school, the limit of naughtiness and especially who and who not to interact with?”
"You'll get to know about the rules and regulations tomorrow and speaking of who to interact with, the way you spoke to Peter earlier was not nice", Jake said putting his hands into his pocket, with his all cute and smart looks.
"Actually 'bout the way I reacted with peter, he kinda looks like a play boy and am not a girl who gets soften or smitten by sweet words" she said biting her lip.
"Wooh, how did you know peter is a play boy?" He asked amused.
Tise smiled, "I figured, have come across many guys like him and boy am always using my head", she said and they both burst into laughter.
"That's cool", Jake admitted.
Silence
"Hmmn, if you don't mind mademoiselle, I think I’ve got to go now", Jake said jokingly.
"Mademoiselle, isn't that French?" She asked.
"Yep", Jake replied.
"Hmmn nice, you may leave first Monsieur", Tise returned the kind gesture he gave her as she heard him walk towards the gate of the school.
"What a lovely guy", she murmured.

Jake got home a little bit late than usual, he dropped his bag in his room, hung his jacket on the wall then went straight to his mom's room.
"Hi mom", Jake greeted his sick mother who is infected with cancer of the lungs and had to live on drugs he could afford. She looked pale, slender and had lost a lot of hair.
His mother tried to raise her head to sit up and Jake helped her.
"How was your day?" His mother asked with curiosity seeing her son smiling.
"More interesting than usual", he replied blushing.
"I think it was really interesting to see you blush earnestly, I pray you'll always be happy my son", she said dipping her fingers into his black soft hair and roughen it a little.
"Mom, I got to go for my per time job, hope you don't want me to do anything for you?"
His mother shook her head
"Okay mom, bye", he pecked her on the right cheek and left.
Jake arrived at the workshop he works in, it was a mechanic workshop, he is a type of guy who has a lot of likes, and he likes things easily when he gets to know fully about it. He changed into his workshop uniform and started working, in the process he saw a junk car that was disposed in the workshop, and he decided to ask his boss what it was for.
"For extraction of metal", Mr. Johnson replied sipping his coffee. A huge man with bald hair and dark skin.
"Sir can you please sell it to me, I really love it", Jake pleaded.
"It's just a junk, why do you want it so desperately?"
"Because I want to renew it and make it look good", Jake replied innocently.
"Well...you have been a very good boy ever since you started working here, letting you have the junk is not something big, and you can have it as a gift from me to you ".
"Oh really? Thanks you very much sir, am deeply grateful sir", he said happily.
"You’re welcome son", Mr. Johnson replied.
"I'll get back to work now sir", Jake said as he rose.
"Okay son".

As Jake is good in music, dance, arts and he is intelligent, he also have his way with computers, he got home late in the night and went straight to his room to begin his research for the competition, he focused on the heart, heart...heart blockage and so on, his dad happened to be a mechanical engineer, maybe that led to the passion he has for cars, he had always watched his dad create designs for cars he want to make.
"This is really going to be difficult but I need to make a design more than dad's designs in order to show him that without him I can still become a mechanical engineer". He murmured and after rolling on his bed for couple of hours he fell asleep.

Tise's lips parted in soundless gasp, at the same time she banged her hand on her computer desk in front of her, putting on a jean short and a green crop top to match with.
"I still can't make a better presentation about brain tumors", she murmured in disappointment.
"I better try to get some sleep", she added then took a sip out of the juice in front of her and headed for her bed, laid on it then she removed a picture underneath her pillow.
"I really wish you are alive mom", she put the picture on her chest and hugged her arms around it and later on she fell asleep.
"Who the hell do you think you are?" Peter demanded in exasperation, pointing a finger at Tise.
"It was just a friendly morning greetings, how dare you snob me?"
Tise rolled her eyes at him, "and when did I do that?"
Peter stared at her, "why didn't you reply my greetings earlier?"
Tise gave him a measuring look, "do I look like a kid to you? The one you can control? Reciprocate your greetings when you want me to, extend my greetings when you want it, smile at you when you need it 'cause I just don't get it?”
Peter smiled stiltedly, “I hope not, but you could at least reply my greetings, it's the least I expected from you"
"Oh okay, fine, morning, hope we are good now? And please I feel quite uncomfortable with the way you keep talking to me and I'll kindly ask you to let it stop", Tise said in her best way of being polite.
"Not yet", peter flushed.
"Until I get what I want", he added
"That's your problem man, have got loads of work to do, so can you kindly excuse me and gently return to your seat?"
Peter leered at her, "okay, it’s just for starters in friendship".
Tise chuckled, "what..e..ver man" and turned her gaze to the text book she was trying to figure out something from.
"What a miserable guy", she murmured after he left.
"That was not good", Mike said gloomily as Peter returned to his seat.
"I have been wondering if am only sexually attracted to that girl or I really want to be in a deep relationship with her, you know, something genuine and real that will last for a very long time", Peter said with great enthusiasm.
"Sweet heavens!!! Is Peter really falling in love? I can't believe what am hearing", Nate put on a smile, struck by surprise.
"Mehn, I think my bro here is really born again and have received some kind of deliverance", Luke added with a smile.
"Will you guys just stop fooling around? It doesn't look like am joking, I think I really like her, she didn't fall for my walking steps, swags, my wealth and my charming look, I mean we are always the most charming guys in HDC who girls are always crazy for", Peter said and Nate flipped in.
"Who can say, maybe she is different and have got other taste apart from what you've got, we were handsome and cute but not anymore ".
"I hope she don't hear about your past behaviours with girls", Luke smile warmed them.
"Maybe she likes intelligent guys like Jake", Mike suggested.
All the same, the glow of admiration in Peter's eyes as he stared at Tise and wanting to hold her, hug her and kiss her was still on his mind.
"Come to think of it Nate, you said earlier that we were handsome but not anymore, what do you mean by that?" Mike questioned.
Nate sighed, "Can’t you see it guys? when we were in our first year in high school, we were charming, young, handsome and cute, our hair styles was lovely, our characters as the PNML guys were purely good intentions before Peter changed the whole thing saying he wanted us to look more matured, giving us unfitted hair styles, changing our intentions, made us to oppress students who are of average status in wealth, not attending classes regularly, not abiding with the school rules and especially Peter not putting on his school uniform".
"That's true, we were meek, gentle, social with all of our classmates, Intelligent I suppose and hot". Luke said with a grin.
Peter lifted his chin, "so you guys are saying am the one at fault?"
"Maybe, 'cause it was not what we really wanted, being oppressors and the dullest students in school 'cause we are rich", Mike said looking slightly embarrassed.
Peter sighed, "So what are you guys suggesting we do?"
"Go back to the guys we were and having the good intentions we had", Nate sounded amused.
"Okay guys, we are going to do just that, after school hours we 'll go to a nearby salon and have normal haircuts, then we’ll create our reading time table and study hard as before, be the PNML guys with good intentions because you guys sounded like am the selfish one among us", Peter concluded.
"That's the man bro", Nate said nicely.

"Hey Jake, can you lend me your physics text book, I need to glance through it to figure out some formulas", Tise asked politely.
He nodded gravely and brought out his physics text book and handed it over to Tise.
"Thanks, what's wrong? You look so dull and worried, did anything go wrong?" she asked with concern, receiving the text book.
"Nothing much, I just need to figure out some things and save up some money". Jake replied curtly
"And are you sure it's not something you will like to share or talk about?”
"Not yet", Jake replied calmly.

1 Like

Re: Hopeful Teenagers: Novel by Nobody: 6:22am On Dec 02, 2018
Interesting
Re: Hopeful Teenagers: Novel by crownaayam17(m): 7:50am On Dec 02, 2018
O wa interesting
av booked a seat here
Re: Hopeful Teenagers: Novel by BOSSkesh(m): 8:14pm On Dec 02, 2018
Chai see gbedu. Na who dey siddon for my space
Oya light Queen shift for me

(1) (Reply)

Two Worlds - Semi-final Episode / Poetry Alert !!! Behold The World's Longest Love Poem / How I Met Your Mother - A Short Rant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.