Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,729 members, 7,831,325 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 05:04 PM

Tyson Fury DrawsThe World Heavyweight Championship Match Against Deontay Wilder. - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Tyson Fury DrawsThe World Heavyweight Championship Match Against Deontay Wilder. (3201 Views)

Francis Ngannou Knocks Out Stipe Miocic To Become World Heavyweight Champion / Is Anthony Joshua An Atheist? - Fans Question World Heavyweight Boxing Champion / Anthony Joshua Names Two Boxers Who Can Strip Him Off World Heavyweight Champion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tyson Fury DrawsThe World Heavyweight Championship Match Against Deontay Wilder. by Sanchez01: 7:27am On Dec 02, 2018
CooperJay:
Mr Op Why you dey close all the AdSense ads ? Wicked soul u nor want mey bloggers chop grin
That isn't some baby blog but guardian.co.uk

The result is disappointing. It seems Wilder is overrated. Fury vs Joshua should be interesting to watch.

1 Like

Re: Tyson Fury DrawsThe World Heavyweight Championship Match Against Deontay Wilder. by mikeweezy(m): 7:30am On Dec 02, 2018
Anthony Joshua get ready to beat and seal this Wilder
Re: Tyson Fury DrawsThe World Heavyweight Championship Match Against Deontay Wilder. by onatisi(m): 7:32am On Dec 02, 2018
Sanchez01:

The result is disappointing. It seems Wilder is overrated. Fury vs Joshua should be interesting to watch.
you are right , wildere vs aj will be a very very boring fight , but fury vs aj will be a cracker , two intelligent good boxers
Re: Tyson Fury DrawsThe World Heavyweight Championship Match Against Deontay Wilder. by cocococo: 7:37am On Dec 02, 2018
White Privilege saved Fury. The match was a daylight robbery! I could take a draw for a one-knock down. But 2 knock downs? Hell no! The only way this could be a draw is if Wilder's hands was tied together all through the match and he didn't throw one single punch except when he knocked out Fury! Fury is good but for this match, he didn't deserve a draw!

2 Likes

Re: Tyson Fury DrawsThe World Heavyweight Championship Match Against Deontay Wilder. by onatisi(m): 7:41am On Dec 02, 2018
And Wilder needs to fight way better in that rematch - if a half-fit Fury is this good, imagine what the big man will be like in 4 months' time.

1 Like

Re: Tyson Fury DrawsThe World Heavyweight Championship Match Against Deontay Wilder. by onatisi(m): 7:43am On Dec 02, 2018
cocococo:
White Privilege saved Fury. The match was a daylight robbery! I could take a draw for a one-knock down. But 2 knock downs? Hell no! The only way this could be a draw is if Wilder's hands was tied together all through the match and he didn't throw one single punch except when he knocked out Fury! Fury is good but for this match, he didn't deserve a draw!
look at the points, knockouts only counts when the fighter refuses to stand up or cant continue , all the points he has still stands valid if he continues fights , clearly fury was in control, read through all comments by all former heavyweights , noone gave wildere the fight, infact fury is the one they all feel should have won.

1 Like

Re: Tyson Fury DrawsThe World Heavyweight Championship Match Against Deontay Wilder. by drey076(m): 7:48am On Dec 02, 2018
Who will then be AJ next opponent, I want wilder o, so that he can be permanently silenced
Re: Tyson Fury DrawsThe World Heavyweight Championship Match Against Deontay Wilder. by seunmsg(m): 7:50am On Dec 02, 2018
cocococo:

I think American privileges and the two knock downs actually saved wilder and earned him the draw. Fury won most of the rounds and clearly won on points. If there is a rematch, a fully fit Fury will win clearly.

I don't know if Wilder would be interested in a rematch considering his performance tonight. If AJ can push well, maybe AJ vs Wilder can happen by April.
Re: Tyson Fury DrawsThe World Heavyweight Championship Match Against Deontay Wilder. by sholarr12: 7:52am On Dec 02, 2018
onatisi:

joshua was given a mandatory challenger that he must fight and the wildere was asked to fight fury. crosscheck your facts right .

https://www.skysports.com/boxing/news/12040/11417164/anthony-joshua-ordered-by-wba-to-sign-for-alexander-povetkin-fight-within-24-hours
A weak mandatory challenger in order to avoid the best in the division?
Re: Tyson Fury DrawsThe World Heavyweight Championship Match Against Deontay Wilder. by seunmsg(m): 7:57am On Dec 02, 2018
sholarr12:
[s]A weak mandatory challenger in order to avoid the best in the division?[/s]

Rubbish. A mandatory challenger is a boxer that had defeated all other challengers to the title. Povetkin worked hard to earn the title challenge against AJ, he was never a weak challenger.

2 Likes

Re: Tyson Fury DrawsThe World Heavyweight Championship Match Against Deontay Wilder. by onatisi(m): 8:00am On Dec 02, 2018
seunmsg:

I think American privileges and the two knock downs actually saved wilder and earned him the draw. Fury won most of the rounds and clearly won on points. If there is a rematch, a fully fit Fury will win clearly.

I don't know if Wilder would be interested in a rematch considering his performance tonight. If AJ can push well, maybe AJ vs Wilder can happen by April.
thank you for this analysis , even wildere too has accepted that he made serious mistakes in the bout and i think fury gave him too much respect which wont be there when next they meet . both of them want a rematch but the location may be a thorny issue because wildere may not want to go to britain . noone gave fury the chance of getting up again the 12th round and he stunned everyone by getting up again and even rushing wildere who was visibly tired .

Wilder acknowledges Fury's astonishing ability to get up in the 12th round: "I was definitely surprised he got up."

The Alabaman is adamant he won it - but admits he was lacking in parts.

"I think with the two knock downs I won the fight. We both are warriors but with those two falls I think I won the fight.. I rushed my punches, I didn't sit still, I was too hesitant."

But what was said when the two embraced at the end?

"When you at each other and then you have a great fight like that you're giving each other what you got, it's not all about getting whooped. [Fury] said he loved me, thanked me for the opportunity, said I love you, what a great fight. The respect is mutual.

"I was rushing my punches, something I usually don't do. I was rushing it, I was forcing my punches instead of sitting back and staying patient. All the build up, the hype and everything you know...

"I didn't feel no pressure at all. I was just forcing the punches. But the rematch I guarantee I'm gona get him."
Re: Tyson Fury DrawsThe World Heavyweight Championship Match Against Deontay Wilder. by IAmTobore(m): 8:00am On Dec 02, 2018
sholarr12:
A weak mandatory challenger in order to avoid the best in the division?
Are you refering to Povetkin as "weak"?

1 Like

Re: Tyson Fury DrawsThe World Heavyweight Championship Match Against Deontay Wilder. by sholarr12: 8:01am On Dec 02, 2018
seunmsg:

Rubbish. A mandatory challenger is a boxer that had defeated all other challengers to the title. Povetkin worked hard to earn the title challenge against AJ, he was never a weak challenger.
He was. What's his ranking?
Re: Tyson Fury DrawsThe World Heavyweight Championship Match Against Deontay Wilder. by Tospringe: 8:02am On Dec 02, 2018
cocococo:
Samuel Peter knocked down Wladmir Klistckho three times in 2005 and Klistckho still won by points. how about that. ? It was obvious Tyson Fury outclassed Wilder today

3 Likes

Re: Tyson Fury DrawsThe World Heavyweight Championship Match Against Deontay Wilder. by virago(f): 8:04am On Dec 02, 2018
onatisi:
you are right , wildere vs aj will be a very very boring fight , but fury vs aj will be a cracker , two intelligent good boxers

Wildere or Wilder
Re: Tyson Fury DrawsThe World Heavyweight Championship Match Against Deontay Wilder. by onatisi(m): 8:05am On Dec 02, 2018
grin grin grin i just know say wild dey inside the name. dont mind me jare grin grin
virago:

Wildere or Wilder
Re: Tyson Fury DrawsThe World Heavyweight Championship Match Against Deontay Wilder. by onatisi(m): 8:07am On Dec 02, 2018
those who didnt watch the fight wont or cant understand, and to be honest i think denontay is overrated mainly because he hasnt been matched against any top fighter like fury, fury is his first major test unlike fury and aj who have fought and won against well seasoned fighters
Tospringe:

Samuel Peter knocked down Wladmir Klistckho three times in 2005 and Klistckho still won by points. how about that. ? It was obvious Tyson Fury outclassed Wilder today

1 Like

Re: Tyson Fury DrawsThe World Heavyweight Championship Match Against Deontay Wilder. by Nobody: 8:18am On Dec 02, 2018
Sanchez01:

The are cooperate bloggers all join...

Be like say fury go beat Joshua oo
Re: Tyson Fury DrawsThe World Heavyweight Championship Match Against Deontay Wilder. by Nobody: 8:20am On Dec 02, 2018
Wilder was lucky all thanks to two knock downs, Fury would have taken that Small belt that makes him talk too much.
Non of them is a match for AJ. AJ is strong, got good staminar and good punch. AJ is still and will remain the undisputed heavy weights champ.
Survive Wilder aggressiveness and you will have his yeye green belt
Re: Tyson Fury DrawsThe World Heavyweight Championship Match Against Deontay Wilder. by drey076(m): 8:22am On Dec 02, 2018
IAmTobore:
Are you refering to Povetkin as "weak"?
He doesn't know about boxing. Povetkin has never been KOed before meeting AJ.

1 Like

Re: Tyson Fury DrawsThe World Heavyweight Championship Match Against Deontay Wilder. by sholarr12: 8:24am On Dec 02, 2018
seunmsg:

He was. What's his ranking? He's old too.
Re: Tyson Fury DrawsThe World Heavyweight Championship Match Against Deontay Wilder. by virago(f): 8:25am On Dec 02, 2018
onatisi:
grin grin grin i just know say wild dey inside the name. dont mind me jare grin grin

I was getting confused when I kept seeing Wildere

After seeing clips of the fight I can say with much confidence that Wilder can't beat AJ , in fact I don't think he can beat Ajagba ( that Nigerian hard hitting professional ) or even Takam , the guy is just overrated and overhyped

1 Like

Re: Tyson Fury DrawsThe World Heavyweight Championship Match Against Deontay Wilder. by Sanchez01: 8:29am On Dec 02, 2018
CooperJay:

The are cooperate bloggers all join...

Be like say fury go beat Joshua oo
Too early to say. Joshua's weakness is glaring to all. His strength is his heavy upper cut and speed.

Fury is good just as much as he is skilled. Sadly, I just don't see him beating AJ.
Re: Tyson Fury DrawsThe World Heavyweight Championship Match Against Deontay Wilder. by kunle75(m): 8:31am On Dec 02, 2018
onatisi:
if you watch the match , you will know why. but yes wildere is no no no match for aj. but for fury vs aj, it may end on points

Sir i live here in the state, even among the Americans they knew AJ is far better than their own wilder and would never do such comparison.

1 Like

Re: Tyson Fury DrawsThe World Heavyweight Championship Match Against Deontay Wilder. by Tospringe: 8:32am On Dec 02, 2018
onatisi:
those who didnt watch the fight wont or cant understand, and to be honest i think denontay is overrated mainly because he hasnt been matched against any top fighter like fury, fury is his first major test unlike fury and aj who have fought and won against well seasoned fighters
You are right bro. Wilder is beatable! How could a boxer rely so much on one hard punch and lagging behind in other aspect. Aggression and hard punches doesn't win fight at all times, he should ask Foreman and Tyson. Fury obviously outclassed him today but he was robbed by Alejandro Rochan. People are already blasting Foreman on twitter for saying "the draw is a good decision".

2 Likes

Re: Tyson Fury DrawsThe World Heavyweight Championship Match Against Deontay Wilder. by Nobody: 8:33am On Dec 02, 2018
Sanchez01:

Too early to say. Joshua's weakness is glaring to all. His strength is his heavy upper cut and speed.

Fury is good just as much as he is skilled. Sadly, I just don't see him beating AJ.

E go shock you next year ..... Fury wasn't fit for this match but still came away with a draw, everyone knows he even won the match ..... Anthony strong but wilder is both strong and hungry .... You of all ppl know say hunger na bastard
Re: Tyson Fury DrawsThe World Heavyweight Championship Match Against Deontay Wilder. by Sanchez01: 8:41am On Dec 02, 2018
CooperJay:

E go shock you next year ..... Fury wasn't fit for this match but still came away with a draw, everyone knows he even won the match ..... Anthony strong but wilder is both strong and hungry .... You of all ppl know say hunger na bastard
If you go through my comments particularly on boxing, you'll find out that I've always been a fan of Wilder. He is aggressive just as much as he is a bully.

Fury went into the match because he believes he could fight and stand his ground. Joshua was headbutted by Takam. An act which resulted in a gaping, huge nose but still went ahead to win. He was hurt against Povetkin in an almost similar fashion but went ahead to win.

Injuries are no excuse in boxing. If you are unfit then reschedule based on your physios' advice. If you choose to go ahead, it is because you believe the injury is not capable of weighing you done.

Fury is an amazing fighter but he can't best Joshua.
Re: Tyson Fury DrawsThe World Heavyweight Championship Match Against Deontay Wilder. by onatisi(m): 8:54am On Dec 02, 2018
CooperJay:

Hunger and desperation for titles without sense or skills will only endup the fighter as a loser,the judges just didn't wanted to make money ,fury won the fight and even denontay admitted that the hype and pressure he built up before the fight affected him and made him lose his composure ,he wasn't landing the punches and he was just throwing them , normally he sits back and waits for the right time but because of his hunger as you described he made serious mistakes which could have cost him dearly if his opponent was a younger and equally powerful puncher
Re: Tyson Fury DrawsThe World Heavyweight Championship Match Against Deontay Wilder. by Nobody: 8:55am On Dec 02, 2018
Sanchez01:

If you go through my comments particularly on boxing, you'll find out that I've always been a fan of Wilder. He is aggressive just as much as he is a bully.

Fury went into the match because he believes he could fight and stand his ground. Joshua was headbutted by Takam. An act which resulted in a gaping, huge nose but still went ahead to win. He was hurt against Povetkin in an almost similar fashion but went ahead to win.

Injuries are no excuse in boxing. If you are unfit then reschedule based on your physios' advice. If you choose to go ahead, it is because you believe the injury is not capable of weighing you done.

Make we see next year na

1 Like

Re: Tyson Fury DrawsThe World Heavyweight Championship Match Against Deontay Wilder. by Nobody: 8:57am On Dec 02, 2018
onatisi:

Hunger and desperation for titles without sense or skills will only endup the fighter as a loser,the judges just didn't wanted to make money ,fury won the fight and even denontay admitted that the hype and pressure he built up before the fight affected him and made him lose his composure ,he wasn't landing the punches and he was just throwing them , normally he sits back and waits for the right time but because of his hunger as you described he made serious mistakes which could have cost him dearly if his opponent was a younger and equally powerful puncher

I meant fury not wilder .... Typho error
Re: Tyson Fury DrawsThe World Heavyweight Championship Match Against Deontay Wilder. by onatisi(m): 8:59am On Dec 02, 2018
Sanchez01:

Fury Vs Joshua is anyone fight . I don't think aj himself will want to fight fury and if he does it will be an interesting fight
Re: Tyson Fury DrawsThe World Heavyweight Championship Match Against Deontay Wilder. by onatisi(m): 8:59am On Dec 02, 2018
CooperJay:

I meant fury not wilder .... Typho error
Ok ok.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

World Most Expensive Team Squad 2014/15 Season (picture) / Week 33 Pools RSK Papers 2020: Bob Morton, Capital Intl, Soccer, Winstar, Bigwin / Join My Fantasy Premier League, Code: 1188243-286636

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.