Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,576 members, 7,823,506 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:05 AM

Would You Ever Date Someone You Met On The Internet? - Dating And Meet-up Zone - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Dating And Meet-up Zone / Would You Ever Date Someone You Met On The Internet? (3270 Views)

I Want To Date Someone From Nairaland / How Many Nairaland Have You Met? / Can You Date Someone You Consider Unattractive? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Would You Ever Date Someone You Met On The Internet? by bluesky4(f): 12:19pm On Apr 13, 2007
For me the answer is NO.

I find it weird that people would consider having a relationship with someone from the internet who they have never met in their life. It is also very dodgy. What is the person was a murderer or just plain weird.

On the other hand, maybe your soul mate is using nairaland wink

What does you guys think?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Would You Ever Date Someone You Met On The Internet? by iice(f): 10:49am On Apr 14, 2007
Personally NO.
Re: Would You Ever Date Someone You Met On The Internet? by IBDat(m): 12:23pm On Apr 14, 2007
Why not? The internet network is just another form of worldwide, social communication - hell i've dialled a wrong no. once n ended up dating the girl, so YES - but of course i ave to meet n see the girl first!

2 Likes

Re: Would You Ever Date Someone You Met On The Internet? by Nobody: 11:34am On Apr 18, 2007
People this the 21st century sometimes the person you are looking for is where she or he is not do you know that we are going back to the days of wife by post this time via technology even if you don,t like it or not it has come to stay unless you want to go and pick a wife or husband from the village wink

1 Like

Re: Would You Ever Date Someone You Met On The Internet? by Creamish(f): 12:58pm On Apr 18, 2007
Been there done dat! cheesy
Re: Would You Ever Date Someone You Met On The Internet? by lastdon2(m): 1:26pm On Apr 18, 2007
i dont think theres any big deal in it. If you find someone you are emotionally compatible with on the net, bro all well and good. Bottomline is your happiness and if you get it from the internet praise God. smiley

2 Likes

Re: Would You Ever Date Someone You Met On The Internet? by libra101(m): 7:58am On Jan 01, 2008
The one i can work with is freindship,but if it grows into a relationship,so b it.
Re: Would You Ever Date Someone You Met On The Internet? by nightnurse(f): 5:04pm On Jan 05, 2008
theres nothing wrong with it, infact am wedding in a couple of months, my fiance and i met through yahoo chat and he turned out to be the man i am willing to spend the rest of my life with.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Would You Ever Date Someone You Met On The Internet? by galatico(m): 8:22pm On Jan 05, 2008
Sure why not i'll date a person I met on the Internet provided we see and talk more if she is my taste I mean the kind of girl I like then I'll go out with her but if she is not,

1 Like

Re: Would You Ever Date Someone You Met On The Internet? by LagosBobo1(m): 11:58pm On Jan 05, 2008
All these people, especially the ladies, wey dey say NO NO are freaking liars. They would all do it in one breath.
Naija people just like to front

There's nothing wrong with dating someone you meet on the internet. Meeting somebody over the internet is not any different from meeting somebody in the club, sports meet, gym, wedding, library etc. You can meet a psycho anywhere including even in the church.

The main thing is to always look before you leap. Take your time and get to know the person very well

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Would You Ever Date Someone You Met On The Internet? by Nobody: 3:38am On Jan 06, 2008
ehrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrm. . . .ehrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrm
Re: Would You Ever Date Someone You Met On The Internet? by AOYEGBESANYAHOOCOM(m): 4:01am On Jan 06, 2008
Bobo

totally agree wid you
Re: Would You Ever Date Someone You Met On The Internet? by olanajim(m): 11:51am On Jan 06, 2008
Will you ever collect the money you earn on internet? Will you ever do business on internet?
Re: Would You Ever Date Someone You Met On The Internet? by DIAMONDAY(m): 3:17pm On Jan 06, 2008
already dated a woman i met online
Re: Would You Ever Date Someone You Met On The Internet? by Adax(m): 7:32pm On Jan 07, 2008
yes
Re: Would You Ever Date Someone You Met On The Internet? by tina4uj(f): 10:57am On Jan 09, 2008
There is nothing rong with dating some one u meet on the internet, I meet my fiance on the internet (www.faceparty.com) and we love each other.
hey is fun kiss
Re: Would You Ever Date Someone You Met On The Internet? by Drmagic(m): 5:47pm On Jan 09, 2008
yes, i will date someone i met on the net and even go as far as getting married to the person. It is not a bad thing to do . Just make sure all the required stuff to dating are in place. i will and again i will and i will.
Re: Would You Ever Date Someone You Met On The Internet? by tkb417(m): 8:24pm On Jan 09, 2008
For me the answer is NO.

I find it weird that people would consider having a relationship with someone from the internet who they have never met in their life. It is also very dodgy. What is the person was a murderer or just plain weird.

On the other hand, maybe your soul mate is using nairaland 

What does you guys think?

is der any law that says " don't date whoever you meet on the internet"
the people you meet on the streets, are you always sure of what they have done in the past?

As for me,I can do it. . .what is the meaning of the last line of your post in English language
That should be Swahili. Do they speak that in London?

1 Like

Re: Would You Ever Date Someone You Met On The Internet? by truely07: 8:47pm On Jan 09, 2008
smiley I don't think it's weird,4 u to date someone from
the internet,depending on how u see it, spendin time wit d
person would who they are,
Re: Would You Ever Date Someone You Met On The Internet? by truely07: 8:54pm On Jan 09, 2008
nightnurse (f)

Hey so happy 4 u that u are getting married, just want to wish u the best in
ur marrital life,
Re: Would You Ever Date Someone You Met On The Internet? by truely07: 8:58pm On Jan 09, 2008
nightnurse (f)

Hey so happy 4 u that u are getting married, just want to wish u the best in
ur marrital life,
Re: Would You Ever Date Someone You Met On The Internet? by msanda(m): 4:30am On Jan 10, 2008
Been there, done that. . . daa-daa
Re: Would You Ever Date Someone You Met On The Internet? by Memmyluv(f): 7:10pm On Jan 10, 2008
No big deal in that, althogh av not date anyone online but if my mr right comes 2tru d internet i will go 4 him.

1 Like

Re: Would You Ever Date Someone You Met On The Internet? by msanda(m): 7:21pm On Jan 10, 2008
Memmyluv:

No big deal in that, althogh av not date anyone online but if my mr right comes 2tru d internet i will go 4 him.

I like u o jare!
Re: Would You Ever Date Someone You Met On The Internet? by uspry1(f): 7:24pm On Jan 10, 2008
Yes, it is same procedure the way you would date someone you met from social bar, club, school/college, work, church, etc. No difference!!!

Check out the existing thread at below:

Can You Marry Someone You Met Through The Internet?
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-101819.64.html

All This Internet Dating, Does It Really Work?
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-26165.0.html

How To Find Boyfriend Online
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-57129.0.html

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Would You Ever Date Someone You Met On The Internet? by pin4eva(f): 8:56pm On Jan 10, 2008
well. . . . . it is not possible for me to fall in love with someone i have never met before. but i can enjoy staying online with her talk for hours, probably may like her but . . . . . . .
Re: Would You Ever Date Someone You Met On The Internet? by Nobody: 12:50pm On Jan 11, 2008
I guess the sceptic in me wld say an outright no, but I guess if we've chatted online for a considerable period of time, say 3months or more I just might feel comfortable enough to meet him one-on-one. Maybe, just maybe somn'll evolve from there.

1 Like

Re: Would You Ever Date Someone You Met On The Internet? by Bestglo(f): 1:58pm On Jan 11, 2008
@ topic
why not?
u can date on net but dont marry on net unless u've got to meet eachother

1 Like

Re: Would You Ever Date Someone You Met On The Internet? by okwabayi(m): 7:17pm On Sep 23, 2018
I guess all the girls who’ve asked me for dates via Facebook aren’t Nairaland regulars then.
Re: Would You Ever Date Someone You Met On The Internet? by Konquest: 12:29pm On Jul 20, 2021
LagosBobo1:
All these people, especially the ladies, wey dey say NO NO are freaking liars. They would all do it in one breath.
Naija people just like to front

There's nothing wrong with dating someone you meet on the internet. Meeting somebody over the internet is not any different from meeting somebody in the club, sports meet, gym, wedding, library etc. You can meet a psycho anywhere including even in the church.

The main thing is to always look before you leap. Take your time and get to know the person very well
Word!
Re: Would You Ever Date Someone You Met On The Internet? by Konquest: 12:33pm On Jul 20, 2021
uspry1:
Yes, it is same procedure the way you would date someone you met from social bar, club, school/college, work, church, etc. No difference!!!

Check out the existing thread at below:

Can You Marry Someone You Met Through The Internet?
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-101819.64.html

All This Internet Dating, Does It Really Work?
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-26165.0.html

How To Find Boyfriend Online
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-57129.0.html

(1) (Reply)

Help: Brothel In Sango-ota / I Need A Wife / I Need A Male Friend

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.