Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,294 members, 7,829,675 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:27 AM

‘it Is Not A Sin To Drink Alcohol’ – Born-again Rapper, Lynxxx - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / ‘it Is Not A Sin To Drink Alcohol’ – Born-again Rapper, Lynxxx (21898 Views)

Mohbad: Something Was Added To Water NDLEA Gave Me To Drink (Gistlover) / Tiwa Savage: “It's A Sin To Be A Woman In Africa, I Feel Like Giving Up” / Onyi Alex Fan Begs To Drink Her Pee (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ‘it Is Not A Sin To Drink Alcohol’ – Born-again Rapper, Lynxxx by Benite: 8:16am On Dec 02, 2018
Amakababe:
whether it's a sin or not, I just finished one HERO bottle now now. and yes, I'm going to church

Amaka disappoint me........
Re: ‘it Is Not A Sin To Drink Alcohol’ – Born-again Rapper, Lynxxx by Mankosi: 8:16am On Dec 02, 2018
Apus:
All I can say is whatever has the tendency to make you fall or sin should be avoided (Mathew 5:30).

"And if thy right hand offend thee, cut it off, and
cast it from thee: for it is profitable for thee
that one of thy members should perish, and not
that thy whole body should be cast into hell"

You can't be wiser than God.
it's not a sin to drink but if getting drunk can increase the tendency of u falling into sin then u should avoid getting drunk. Understood?

2 Likes

Re: ‘it Is Not A Sin To Drink Alcohol’ – Born-again Rapper, Lynxxx by ZaOzaRoom(m): 8:16am On Dec 02, 2018
It has never been and will never be a sin to drink alcohol.
Only hypocrites who don't study their bible well think it's a sin.
Ask a professional medical personal, they will tell you alcohol has it importance in the body.
The only problem is drinking and getting drunk thereby misbehaving.
If you drink the way I do, you will forever enjoy alcohol.

1 Like

Re: ‘it Is Not A Sin To Drink Alcohol’ – Born-again Rapper, Lynxxx by Apus: 8:20am On Dec 02, 2018
Mankosi:
it's not a sin to drink but if getting drunk can increase the tendency of u falling into sin then u should avoid getting drunk. Understood?

lemme rephrase

It is not a sin to drink but if drinking can increase the tendency of u falling then u should avoid drinking. Understood?
Re: ‘it Is Not A Sin To Drink Alcohol’ – Born-again Rapper, Lynxxx by akdjr(m): 8:21am On Dec 02, 2018
Sin is self definition. I only consider some of my act to be wrong if my conscience make me feel guilt about it.

1 Like

Re: ‘it Is Not A Sin To Drink Alcohol’ – Born-again Rapper, Lynxxx by Nobody: 8:21am On Dec 02, 2018
I agree with him but for someone like me I’m about substance not illusions and lies I’d rather meet a guy for coffee let me see how you are sober
Re: ‘it Is Not A Sin To Drink Alcohol’ – Born-again Rapper, Lynxxx by Nobody: 8:25am On Dec 02, 2018
seunlly:
This guy is not serious jhoor.
You will read a verse in the bible and begin to use to justify things
Okay go ahead and drink Alcohol, get drunk and die!
Let's see where you head..

SayNoToAlcohol.
Its not for man to judge where we head.
Re: ‘it Is Not A Sin To Drink Alcohol’ – Born-again Rapper, Lynxxx by seunlly(m): 8:28am On Dec 02, 2018
vidicious:

Its not for man to judge where we head.
I don't judge him bro..

1 Like

Re: ‘it Is Not A Sin To Drink Alcohol’ – Born-again Rapper, Lynxxx by Hoodbilonia: 8:32am On Dec 02, 2018
i had 4bottlss last nite
and did 90 on a dreeway of abt 2miles
i hate speed bumps
Re: ‘it Is Not A Sin To Drink Alcohol’ – Born-again Rapper, Lynxxx by EverGlorious(m): 8:33am On Dec 02, 2018
Every good thing taken too much and without restraint is a bad thing and a sin. You can take what you may from that.
Re: ‘it Is Not A Sin To Drink Alcohol’ – Born-again Rapper, Lynxxx by Nobody: 8:34am On Dec 02, 2018
Who are we to judge... But bloggers are wicked sha see the smoking pics up there. What i know is that when God catches u there is no way u can avoid it. It may take a while to shed some old vices off but God will certainly work the work to ensure u become the tool he needs for a particular job. I wish lynxxx all the best in his journey... Its a personal sonthing cheesy
Re: ‘it Is Not A Sin To Drink Alcohol’ – Born-again Rapper, Lynxxx by rhames(m): 8:44am On Dec 02, 2018
Uyi168:
I may not be a Christian,
But I hate it when people try to bend and twist verses of their Holy Books to suit their dubious characters..

Some hypocrites including preachers and imams from all religions do that for worldly gains.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ‘it Is Not A Sin To Drink Alcohol’ – Born-again Rapper, Lynxxx by Odmic2839(m): 8:45am On Dec 02, 2018
seunlly:
This guy is not serious jhoor.
You will read a verse in the bible and begin to use to justify things
Okay go ahead and drink Alcohol, get drunk and die!
Let's see where you head..

SayNoToAlcohol.
so u have been to heaven before for u to judge, mention three great people in d bible that didn't take alcohol? Please am waiting.
Re: ‘it Is Not A Sin To Drink Alcohol’ – Born-again Rapper, Lynxxx by cadesky(m): 8:45am On Dec 02, 2018
My noble prophet said, "anything intoxicating, be it food or drink is prohibited ". Welcome to ISLAM.
But for they fact that most nairaland xtian smokes and drink, of coz they support him, hypocrite everywhere
Re: ‘it Is Not A Sin To Drink Alcohol’ – Born-again Rapper, Lynxxx by Odmic2839(m): 8:47am On Dec 02, 2018
DeSepiero:
Even bible encourages you to take 'strong wine' with your tithe
you are right but what verse in d bible is that. I still remember it in Deternomy but can't remember d chapter n verse.
Re: ‘it Is Not A Sin To Drink Alcohol’ – Born-again Rapper, Lynxxx by Gt321(m): 8:48am On Dec 02, 2018
Amakababe:
whether it's a sin or not, I just finished one HERO bottle now now. and yes, I'm going to church
You are my hero sir, I doff
Re: ‘it Is Not A Sin To Drink Alcohol’ – Born-again Rapper, Lynxxx by seunlly(m): 8:49am On Dec 02, 2018
Odmic2839:
so u have been to heaven before for u to judge, mention three great people in d bible that didn't take alcohol? Please am waiting.
Did they get drunk?
Re: ‘it Is Not A Sin To Drink Alcohol’ – Born-again Rapper, Lynxxx by one9ner: 8:53am On Dec 02, 2018
YES! Eating vegetable (weed) too is not a sin
Re: ‘it Is Not A Sin To Drink Alcohol’ – Born-again Rapper, Lynxxx by DeSepiero(m): 8:55am On Dec 02, 2018
Odmic2839:
you are right but what verse in d bible is that. I still remember it in Deternomy but can't remember d chapter n verse.

Deuteronomy 14:26
Re: ‘it Is Not A Sin To Drink Alcohol’ – Born-again Rapper, Lynxxx by Nobody: 9:05am On Dec 02, 2018
Mankosi:
these are my thoughts too

It’s not easy temptation is everywhere but once you decide it’s final once in a while but never to get drunk again the liver is very important
Re: ‘it Is Not A Sin To Drink Alcohol’ – Born-again Rapper, Lynxxx by Trustee1: 9:05am On Dec 02, 2018
donkarly:
But he's so right.The bible is never against alcohol but drunkenness..
Says the son of a palm wine taper.
Re: ‘it Is Not A Sin To Drink Alcohol’ – Born-again Rapper, Lynxxx by Nobody: 9:20am On Dec 02, 2018
brodalokie:
There are so lots of things permitted with a reason. Paul personally advised Timothy to drink beer.
The Apostle Paul wrote Timothy, "Drink no longer water, but use a little wine for thy stomach's sake and thine often infirmities." (1 Timothy 5:23) Many refer to this passage during their attempts to justify drinking intoxicating or alcoholic wine. But what's odd to me is that regardless of how much one intends to drink, he/she attempts to justify it by quoting what Paul told Timothy. How odd it is that they correctly quote Paul's advice, and then it is conveniently explained away, corrupted, and twisted to suit their own fleshly desires.
There are some questions for which we need answers.
1. What does the Scripture teach about alcohol consumption?

2.Can a Christian abstain, or have the right to drink alcohol (wine) if he so chooses?

3.What does GOD say about the matter?

Paul was talking to Timothy, not to people today. The conditions were such that Timothy could no longer drink water. I have been to villages were water in some places are not fit drinking because of the germs and bacteria it contains. If one drinks it, he will become sick to his stomach. This is probably what was happening to Timothy. Today, I take along medicine that the doctor gives me just in case I accidentally drink some contaminated water. In Timothy's day they had not made the medical advances we have today. Paul's suggestion to Timothy regarding the medicinal use of wine has nothing whatsoever to do with the practice of social (wine) drinking today.

Second, the wine was to be used for medicinal purposes, "For thy stomach's sake." How many people drink wine for their stomach's sake? We take medicines for our infirmities (diseases), but once the illnesses are gone, we stop taking the medicines the doctors prescribed for them. The same would be true in Timothy's case. Once the infirmity vanished, he probably ceased to take the wine as medicine, just as we would do today.
Third, LOOK at the word little.it means "small, of things with regard to size or quantity." How much medicine do we usually take when we're sick; perhaps a teaspoon or tablespoon full? Or maybe a little more? Do those of you who advocate drinking wine drink a little? And do you drink it as a remedy for some illness you have? If not, why do you drink it?

Fourth, look at Eve's deception. Satan deceived her by lying. Eve knew that God commanded them not to eat of the fruit of the tree in the midst of the garden, lest they die. But Satan told Eve, "Ye shall not surely die; for God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be like gods, knowing good and evil." (Genesis 3:4,5)
Satan got Eve to disobey God by telling her a lie and getting her to believe it. He convinced her that it was all right to eat from the Tree of Knowledge, even though God had forbidden it. Likewise, Satan convinces many today that it is all right to drink wine (other than for medicinal purposes), even though God forbids it. Notice what God said about fermented drink: "Wine is a mocker strong drink is raging: and whosoever is deceived thereby is NOT WISE." (Proverbs 20:1) Notice also the warning about the intoxicating effects of wine found in Proverbs 23:29-35. The passage clearly states that those who are "DECEIVED" into thinking it is all right to drink wine are "NOT WISE!" Could it be any clearer?
Since we are on the subject of deception, let's observe the marriage feast in Cana where Jesus turned water into wine, or did he turn it into booze? (John 2:1-11) Many believe, because of Satan's deception, that Jesus Christ, the Son of the Living God, turned water into an alcoholic beverage so the men could become drunk (immoral; Galatians 5:19-21). Do we really believe that Christ would go against His Father's teaching; that He used His miraculous power to produce about 120 gallons of intoxicating wine, which the Holy Spirit denounced as "a mocker" and as "the poison of dragons"? The burden of proving this lies with those who accuse Jesus of turning water into intoxicating wine. John said nothing about Jesus committing such an immoral act. To think that God's Son turned water into an intoxicating wine, so that men might become drunk, is not only ridiculous, it also shows ignorance of the Scriptures. Let's notice some things about the incident.
We learn that Jesus arrived on the third day of the wedding feast. In those days, a marriage feast lasted seven days, with guests arriving each day. Family friends who arrived during the seven days of festivity were served refreshments. If the family failed to provide adequately for their guests, it was considered a social disgrace, not to mention that someone might file a lawsuit against the bridegroom's family. Such a social error would never be forgotten and would haunt the newlyweds throughout their lives. That's why we hear the urgency in Mary's voice, "They have no wine." (2:3) Jesus' mother could not imagine Him allowing the newly wedded couple to undergo the humiliation of having an inadequate supply of wine to offer their guests.

1 Like

Re: ‘it Is Not A Sin To Drink Alcohol’ – Born-again Rapper, Lynxxx by Nobody: 9:27am On Dec 02, 2018
cadesky:
My noble prophet said, "anything intoxicating, be it food or drink is prohibited ". Welcome to ISLAM.
But for they fact that most nairaland xtian smokes and drink, of coz they support him, hypocrite everywhere
Taking alcoholic drink intoxicate someone hence the bible condemns it. Many Christians take it because they are liberty to choose what is good from bad like what happened in the garden of Eden ( bible account). Many preachers except a few don't preach this aspect of the bible even though they know the truth
Re: ‘it Is Not A Sin To Drink Alcohol’ – Born-again Rapper, Lynxxx by uboma(m): 9:28am On Dec 02, 2018
Amakababe:

lol.
Re: ‘it Is Not A Sin To Drink Alcohol’ – Born-again Rapper, Lynxxx by bayocanny: 9:40am On Dec 02, 2018
Amakababe:
make sure you behave in church, don't be tipsy
Re: ‘it Is Not A Sin To Drink Alcohol’ – Born-again Rapper, Lynxxx by allanphash7(m): 9:42am On Dec 02, 2018
Is the payout instant?
Lionsbet:
OK.

Have you heard of a new sports betting website designed for you to win big, sit back and read why you should stick with Lionsbet.

¤ Frequent player points, you get point for every game you play with a minimum of #100. And once this point has been accumulated up to 1000 points you can turn it into cash. 

¤Deposit achievement. You get part of your deposit back when you use Lionsbet. 

¤Cash back feature where you get 15% of your winnings if one game cuts your ticket 

¤There is the cash out feature which enables you to cash out at any point in time. 

¤Lionsbet have the highest odds in the market. This is the fact, you can compare. And it has helped me a lot. 

¤100% first deposit bonus up to #100,000 I.e if you deposit #100,000 you get an additional #100,000 which shows in your acct immediately.

¤They have the fastest payout ever. They even payout during weekends. One time I got alert at 6am lol

¤Amazing accumulator bonus when you pick at least 3 games. One of a kind

¤Free giveaways via social media giveaways, just ff them on their different social media platforms, plus if you're a MTN user, you get to browse the website for free.

And so much more, just sign up on the link on my signature and do yourself a favour, win big. You can quote me for more questions. Good luck
Re: ‘it Is Not A Sin To Drink Alcohol’ – Born-again Rapper, Lynxxx by rufychuks: 9:44am On Dec 02, 2018
asuustrike1:

The Apostle Paul wrote Timothy, "Drink no longer water, but use a little wine for thy stomach's sake and thine often infirmities." (1 Timothy 5:23) Many refer to this passage during their attempts to justify drinking intoxicating or alcoholic wine. But what's odd to me is that regardless of how much one intends to drink, he/she attempts to justify it by quoting what Paul told Timothy. How odd it is that they correctly quote Paul's advice, and then it is conveniently explained away, corrupted, and twisted to suit their own fleshly desires.

2.Can a Christian abstain, or have the right to drink alcohol (wine) if he so chooses?

Paul was talking to Timothy, not to people today. The conditions were such that Timothy could no longer drink water. I have been to villages were water in some places are not fit drinking because of the germs and bacteria it contains. If one drinks it, he will become sick to his stomach. This is probably what was happening to Timothy. Today, I take along medicine that the doctor gives me just in case I accidentally drink some contaminated water. In Timothy's day they had not made the medical advances we have today. Paul's suggestion to Timothy regarding the medicinal use of wine has nothing whatsoever to do with the practice of social (wine) drinking today.

Second, the wine was to be used for medicinal purposes, "For thy stomach's sake." How many people drink wine for their stomach's sake? We take medicines for our infirmities (diseases), but once the illnesses are gone, we stop taking the medicines the doctors prescribed for them. The same would be true in Timothy's case. Once the infirmity vanished, he probably ceased to take the wine as medicine, just as we would do today.
Third, LOOK at the word little.it means "small, of things with regard to size or quantity." How much medicine do we usually take when we're sick; perhaps a teaspoon or tablespoon full? Or maybe a little more? Do those of you who advocate drinking wine drink a little? And do you drink it as a remedy for some illness you have? If not, why do you drink it?

Satan got Eve to disobey God by telling her a lie and getting her to believe it. He convinced her that it was all right to eat from the Tree of Knowledge, even though God had forbidden it. Likewise, Satan convinces many today that it is all right to drink wine (other than for medicinal purposes), even though God forbids it. Notice what God said about fermented drink: "Wine is a mocker strong drink is raging: and whosoever is deceived thereby is NOT WISE." (Proverbs 20:1) Notice also the warning about the intoxicating effects of wine found in Proverbs 23:29-35. The passage clearly states that those who are "DECEIVED" into thinking it is all right to drink wine are "NOT WISE!" Could it be any clearer?
Since we are on the subject of deception, let's observe the marriage feast in Cana where Jesus turned water into wine, or did he turn it into booze? (John 2:1-11) Many believe, because of Satan's deception, that Jesus Christ, the Son of the Living God, turned water into an alcoholic beverage so the men could become drunk (immoral; Galatians 5:19-21). Do we really believe that Christ would go against His Father's teaching; that He used His miraculous power to produce about 120 gallons of intoxicating wine, which the Holy Spirit denounced as "a mocker" and as "the poison of dragons"? The burden of proving this lies with those who accuse Jesus of turning water into intoxicating wine. John said nothing about Jesus committing such an immoral act. To think that God's Son turned water into an intoxicating wine, so that men might become drunk, is not only ridiculous, it also shows ignorance of the Scriptures. Let's notice some things about the incident.
We learn that Jesus arrived on the third day of the wedding feast. In those days, a marriage feast lasted seven days, with guests arriving each day. Family friends who arrived during the seven days of festivity were served refreshments. If the family failed to provide adequately for their guests, it was considered a social disgrace, not to mention that someone might file a lawsuit against the bridegroom's family. Such a social error would never be forgotten and would haunt the newlyweds throughout their lives. That's why we hear the urgency in Mary's voice, "They have no wine." (2:3)
You wrote a long epistle without hitting the nail on the head. There is no refutation in your write up. Show clearly where drinking alcohol is declared a sin in the bible. Note that warning against its intoxicating effects when taken in excess is different from it being a sin. Also, nowhere was it mentioned that the wine at the wedding was nonalcoholic. In fact, only ignorant people would claim such because the so-called nonalcoholic wine people gulp down today is fruit juice not wine.
Another thing to add, if you eat cakes, you consume alcohol.

2 Likes

Re: ‘it Is Not A Sin To Drink Alcohol’ – Born-again Rapper, Lynxxx by brodalokie: 9:45am On Dec 02, 2018
asuustrike1:

Fourth, look at Eve's deception. Satan deceived her by lying. Eve knew that God commanded them not to eat of the fruit of the tree in the midst of the garden, lest they die. But Satan told Eve, "Ye shall not surely die; for God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be like gods, knowing good and evil." (Genesis 3:4,5)
We learn that Jesus arrived on the third day of the wedding feast. In those days, a marriage feast lasted seven days, with guests arriving each day. Family friends who arrived during the seven days of festivity were served refreshments. If the family failed to provide adequately for their guests, it was considered a social disgrace, not to mention that someone might file a lawsuit against the bridegroom's family. Such a social error would never be forgotten and would haunt the newlyweds throughout their lives. That's why we hear the urgency in Mary's voice, "They have no wine." (2:3) Jesus' mother could not imagine Him allowing the newly wedded couple to undergo the humiliation of having an inadequate supply of wine to offer their guests.

The Holy Spirit instructions to the Black horse ridder, a Justice system that is responsible for the hunger was, don't hurt the oil and the wine. The oil represent the holy spirit and wine, stimulation.
You can also see the connection between the characteristics of the black horseman and the beast or Son of perdition who is stopping certain people from buying and selling? By this time the oil and the wine is being hurt.
Re: ‘it Is Not A Sin To Drink Alcohol’ – Born-again Rapper, Lynxxx by Evidenx(m): 9:49am On Dec 02, 2018
All of you drinking alcohol,your soul is already smelling barbecue in hell fire....i say to you .....REPENT!!!! ALCOHOL IS A SIN.
Re: ‘it Is Not A Sin To Drink Alcohol’ – Born-again Rapper, Lynxxx by Nobody: 9:50am On Dec 02, 2018
rufychuks:

You wrote a long epistle without hitting the nail on the head. There is no refutation in your write up. Show clearly where drinking alcohol is declared a sin in the bible. Note that warning against its intoxicating effects when taken in excess is different from it being a sin. Also, nowhere was it mentioned that the wine at the wedding was nonalcoholic. In fact, only ignorant people would claim such because the so-called nonalcoholic wine people gulp down today is fruit juice not wine.
Another thing to add, if you eat cakes, you consume alcohol.
If you read the whole write well all you seek for are there. The intoxicating effect is what the bible speak against which is a sin. Few bible verses back up this claim. The issue of wine used when Jesus was at the feast wasn't alcoholic drink. If read the write up well you would see them there.
Re: ‘it Is Not A Sin To Drink Alcohol’ – Born-again Rapper, Lynxxx by Lionsbet: 9:53am On Dec 02, 2018
allanphash7:
Is the payout instant?

You bet it is. When I played PSG to win Liverpool, i staked 15k won 30k3.

I got alert at 5am lol. No worries with Lionsbet when you payout.
Re: ‘it Is Not A Sin To Drink Alcohol’ – Born-again Rapper, Lynxxx by allanphash7(m): 10:00am On Dec 02, 2018
You don't get what im trying to say here

I use sportybet and whenever i want to withdraw from my bet account to my bank account i get alert instantly even on weekends, that's what I'm trying to say
Lionsbet:

You bet it is. When I played PSG to win Liverpool, i staked 15k won 30k3.

I got alert at 5am lol. No worries with Lionsbet when you payout.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Picture Of Omotola And Genevieve / Don't Starve Your Husbands Of Sex - Oritsefemi Advises Women / Cynthia Morgan Hits The Streets To Celebrate Christmas With The Less Privileged

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.