Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,937 members, 7,952,775 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 11:58 PM

Babcock Student Assaulted By Security Guard Over Phone. - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Babcock Student Assaulted By Security Guard Over Phone. (24095 Views)

Yangy, The Babcock Student Accused Of Raping 24 Girls Has Reacted / Yangy, Babcock Student Accused Of Raping 24 Women. He Reacts / Yabatech Female Student Assaulted For Wearing A Sleeveless Dress (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Babcock Student Assaulted By Security Guard Over Phone. by nrexzy: 6:40am On Dec 03, 2018
Iamicekid:
I don’t know what may have transpired but we need to understand in this country that you can’t just seize a mature adult phone, what do you take him for a toddler
Glad u said u don't know what transpired.... Probably he was using the phone during worship or he isn't a registered student of BU.
During my time there it's never been heard of Security hitting students no mata d offence.. And d school is even abit calm now with these young kids unlike my days.....
One thing I'm sure of he would b going on suspendion for insubordination.... � � �
Re: Babcock Student Assaulted By Security Guard Over Phone. by chiboy1116: 7:36am On Dec 03, 2018
And those students for there no fit slap one security guard .. rubbish angry

1 Like

Re: Babcock Student Assaulted By Security Guard Over Phone. by ifeanyi317(m): 8:05am On Dec 03, 2018
Lol my man i dont hav any issue with those country, what the school did is wrong mind you but this is not the first time we are seeing this kind of news and people who dont want to obey the rule of the school still go dia. All am trying to say is if you cant cope with the rule of a school simply withdraw or obey them simple dont come to social media and start looking for sympathy.
writerights:

People like you like US, UK and Canada but never think of why things work out over there.
Re: Babcock Student Assaulted By Security Guard Over Phone. by Passionate888: 9:11am On Dec 03, 2018
Jaqenhghar:

So if you make a call in a bank are they right to beat you?
You talk of rules. Do you know that accordong to the rules too(constitution) if you are caught stealing no policeman has a right to beat you?
banks never said 'don't bring your mobile phones inside the bank' they just don't want you to make or receive calls inside. The school don't want her students to enter inside with phones, they should respect the decision or quite.
Re: Babcock Student Assaulted By Security Guard Over Phone. by slex(m): 10:51am On Dec 03, 2018
Ignorance everywhere. Babcock students are allowed to use phone unlike covenant.
Re: Babcock Student Assaulted By Security Guard Over Phone. by Jaqenhghar: 11:46am On Dec 03, 2018
Passionate888:
banks never said 'don't bring your mobile phones inside the bank' they just don't want you to make or receive calls inside. The school don't want her students to enter inside with phones, they should respect the decision or quite.
Dont deviate. There is nothing wrong with making whatever laws. But If one breaks the law is assault the way to go?
Re: Babcock Student Assaulted By Security Guard Over Phone. by Passionate888: 11:50am On Dec 03, 2018
Jaqenhghar:

Dont deviate. There is nothing wrong with making whatever laws. But If one breaks the law is assault the way to go?
assault? He broke the law, they asked him to hand over his phone and he refused, what else do you want them to do?
Re: Babcock Student Assaulted By Security Guard Over Phone. by Jaqenhghar: 12:06pm On Dec 03, 2018
Passionate888:
assault? He broke the law, they asked him to hand over his phone and he refused, what else do you want them to do?
Expulsion, detain him if he is unruly....among other options.
Re: Babcock Student Assaulted By Security Guard Over Phone. by boladez(m): 6:23pm On Dec 03, 2018
crafteck:

Laws are a guideline with punishment attached if not followed, they would always be broken, would you use a gun to kill a fly..

I guess this is where we differ on what is proportionate force. See how you rudely responded to my initial opinion and how i put you in your place by calling you worse names...you were forced to think and use your common sense and responded like a sane human being. Africans only understand cohersion coming from the authoritarian rule of our fore fathers

If you look at African generally, we require a certain level of force and cohersion to make us comply with the simplest of all things.....From my discussion with student in the school, the guy brought his phone into church when it was clearly not allowed.

The guy was recalcitrant and resisted handing over the phone to the officials, even in western democracies, a security guard can beat down a stubbon fellow to gain control.

I see it as appropriate treatment of a disobedient untrained child, he should be expelled if you ask me; to stop others from challenging constituted authority.

The lack of discipline and simple common sense is the reason why nobody cares and does anything without consequence.
Re: Babcock Student Assaulted By Security Guard Over Phone. by boladez(m): 6:39pm On Dec 03, 2018
IamaNigerianGuy:

You have misunderstanding of how the law operates and how society is set up. Anybody can make any law but it must confirm to the constitution. The constitution does not oppose restricted movement for security reasons and many others. If Babcock decides to lock their gates by 5.30 pm they are within their rights. However, they are not within their rights to routinely invade the privacy of students and assault them physically in order to get access to their phones. Their phones are not Babcock property.
We are guided in Nigeria by the laws of Nigeria, not the laws of Babcock university.

The guy should test the law and seek interpretation of the courts. That is how a nation grows.

While I disagree with your proposition, I hope he can go to court over this matter and i hope a judge will so strike out the case. We are tipping towards legality and away from morality.

I believe the officlas did everything to ensure the guy would not break the rule in the school and get away. A society is built from the smallest unit in the family to community and so forth, how can the guy break teh rule and still be challenging the authorities, that is the height of brazeness
Re: Babcock Student Assaulted By Security Guard Over Phone. by boladez(m): 6:29am On Dec 04, 2018
writerights:

People like you like US, UK and Canada but never think of why things work out over there.

Sir, if you resist security guards is UK or US, they ll knock you down but after several warnings......the boy cannot break the rule and resist arrest, such disobedience and nerve. If I were the security I will subdue him!

Guess what , the same way a man drives against traffic and he bullies the others on the queue, that is what is happening here, if we all speak up against bad behaviour we will not loose our youth. Someone spoke about the boy's family paying 1m as school fees, do you pay money to buy yourself out of disobedience, if we do not realise that there are actions and consequence we will remain backward.

People must pay for their actions, a thief goes to people's homes and mains, beats , steals shoots...............the thief is caught in action and human rights say dont bet him dont touch him. Who will defend the Human rights of the victims?
Re: Babcock Student Assaulted By Security Guard Over Phone. by crafteck(m): 4:11pm On Dec 04, 2018
boladez:

I guess this is where we differ on what is proportionate force. See how you rudely responded to my initial opinion and how i put you in your place by calling you worse names...you were forced to think and use your common sense and responded like a sane human being. Africans only understand cohersion coming from the authoritarian rule of our fore fathers

If you look at African generally, we require a certain level of force and cohersion to make us comply with the simplest of all things.....From my discussion with student in the school, the guy brought his phone into church when it was clearly not allowed.

The guy was recalcitrant and resisted handing over the phone to the officials, even in western democracies, a security guard can beat down a stubbon fellow to gain control.

I see it as appropriate treatment of a disobedient untrained child, he should be expelled if you ask me; to stop others from challenging constituted authority.

The lack of discipline and simple common sense is the reason why nobody cares and does anything without consequence.

I respond based on mood, i hardly insult unless deserved, i can respond with worse but to what end, if it's not money matter, I will type max 5 lines... Unlike u bros.
Re: Babcock Student Assaulted By Security Guard Over Phone. by crafteck(m): 4:13pm On Dec 04, 2018
boladez:

I respond based on mood, i hardly insult unless deserved, i can respond with worse but to what end, if it's not money matter, I will type max 5 lines... Unlike u bros. BTW my last post and this, I've made over 2m legit
Re: Babcock Student Assaulted By Security Guard Over Phone. by boladez(m): 6:38pm On Dec 04, 2018
crafteck:

I respond based on mood, i hardly insult unless deserved, i can respond with worse but to what end, if it's not money matter, I will type max 5 lines... Unlike u bros. BTW my last post and this, I've made over 2m legit

Vanity is the name to describe your personality

Respond based on mood
Money is everything!
People who make money seriously dont boast about it...your poverty infected mind and personality disorder is glaring.
Your light and frivolous posts dont show someone who has made or has capacity to make NGN2m in his life!!

Vanity!
Re: Babcock Student Assaulted By Security Guard Over Phone. by crafteck(m): 12:20am On Dec 05, 2018
boladez:

Vanity is the name to describe your personality

Respond based on mood
Money is everything!
People who make money seriously dont boast about it...your poverty infected mind and personality disorder is glaring.
Your light and frivolous posts dont show someone who has made or has capacity to make NGN2m in his life!!

Vanity!

You are right...
Re: Babcock Student Assaulted By Security Guard Over Phone. by boladez(m): 4:20am On Dec 05, 2018
crafteck:

You are right...

Yep and you are vain!!��
Re: Babcock Student Assaulted By Security Guard Over Phone. by crafteck(m): 8:35am On Dec 05, 2018
boladez:

Yep and you are vain!!��

You are right
Re: Babcock Student Assaulted By Security Guard Over Phone. by boladez(m): 8:18pm On Dec 05, 2018
crafteck:

You are right
grin...another troll grilled and in the can!! wink grin grin
Re: Babcock Student Assaulted By Security Guard Over Phone. by crafteck(m): 8:44pm On Dec 05, 2018
boladez:

You are right
Re: Babcock Student Assaulted By Security Guard Over Phone. by crafteck(m): 9:42pm On Dec 05, 2018
boladez:

Don't mind spelling, if you play fifa 19,pls come and play guys

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Fulani Herdsmen Kill One, Injured Many In Logo, Benue State (graphics Photos) / Herdsmen Behead Father And Son In Plateau Attack - Punch / Cable Thief Electrocuted In Edo (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.