Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,640 members, 7,813,137 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:41 AM

APC May Not Be The Best Party, But You Can't Compare It To PDP - Keyamo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC May Not Be The Best Party, But You Can't Compare It To PDP - Keyamo (437 Views)

Why You Can't Compare Petrol Price In Nigeria To Any Part Of The World? / States APC May Lose In 2019 - Daily Trust / Ten Reasons Why APC May Win Ekiti Governorship Election By Suanusblog (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

APC May Not Be The Best Party, But You Can't Compare It To PDP - Keyamo by PoliticsNigeria: 7:36pm On Dec 02, 2018
@POLITICSNGR

Senior Advocate of Nigeria and Spokesman of the Muhammadu Buhari Presidential Campaign, Festus Keyamo has said that the ruling All progressives Congress, APC may not be the best party in the country but it cannot be compared to the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP.

Speaking to Daily Independent, Keyamo said that the APC administration is better than 16 years of the PDP. He said;

"I agree and I am saying it for the umpteenth time, and nobody should misquote me. APC is not the best political party we can have. Is it the best? No, but it is better than what we have before which is the PDP. Will I be foolish enough to say that it is the best? Is it a perfect party?”

“The APC is a work in progress and that is why you can see internal struggles for positions and all that. You can see complaints of marginalization by some members. So, it is not the best but it is far better than what we had before. “The only problem is that when people like you play this recording now, you will stop at where I said APC is not the best but you will not mention the second part of the statement where I said it is far better than PDP.

“I am not a sycophant to say that God is working in Nigeria. We are all human beings. It is an imperfect system that we are trying to perfect. I said that after some time, if this system does not improve or perfect, people should think of going further and forming a third bloc. It is a work in progress and I am not talking about 2019 or 2023, it may be in the future”.

“Our parties are not based on ideologies and that is why you see people jumping from one party or the other overnight. Imagine a conservative turning to a progressive overnight or a progressive turning to a conservative overnight. Is that possible? They are only looking for tickets. So, I will not sit down here and be a fool to say our parties are based on ideologies. Why did I say that both APC and PDP are not the best? “It is because there is really no ideology behind them. The APC is still the party that still presents something better in the sense that all the leaders of APC, apart from those joining behind you can associate them with progressive politics over the years. 

“I am talking of President Buhari, Prof Yemi Osinbajo and national leader, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu. These ones have never been in the ruling party. Never! That is what makes the difference. Apart from these few ones, every other person is just water flowing from one stream to another. “So, you can still see that there is some semblance of progressive politics in the ruling party. That is all I said and if you ask me again, I will repeat the same thing on tape. APC is not the best but it is still a far cry from where we are coming from.” 

https://politicsngr.com/apc-may-not-best…mpare-pdp-keyamo/

Re: APC May Not Be The Best Party, But You Can't Compare It To PDP - Keyamo by magoo10(m): 8:19pm On Dec 02, 2018
The people deserve the best
Apc cannot give what they do not have

1 Like

Re: APC May Not Be The Best Party, But You Can't Compare It To PDP - Keyamo by hisexcellency34: 9:45pm On Dec 02, 2018
So, APC should continue as there is no other party better than the two

1 Like

Re: APC May Not Be The Best Party, But You Can't Compare It To PDP - Keyamo by aolawale025: 10:56pm On Dec 02, 2018
Oh sure! PDP is better
Re: APC May Not Be The Best Party, But You Can't Compare It To PDP - Keyamo by choice17(m): 12:06am On Dec 03, 2018
We should forget about party politics in Nigeria and address individuals base on their criteria if we are to move forward as a nation

Is really worrying that since 1984 that president Buhari left office till 2018, Muhammad Buhari has not built a single business that benefit any Nigeria, no single achievement at all, he didn't develop himself nor add any value to the growth of the nation, rather he was busy spewing hate speech and actualization of Sharia during those period

I'm not a fan of Atiku either, but sentiment aside, I believe Atiku will do a better work than this government
Re: APC May Not Be The Best Party, But You Can't Compare It To PDP - Keyamo by Auladimeji(m): 1:21am On Dec 03, 2018
PDP DON SUFFER

(1) (Reply)

FACT CHECK: No, North Korean President Did Not Ask To Recolonise Nigeria, Ghana / ALJAZERA: Nigeria's President Breaks Silence Over Allegation Of Sudanese Imposto / Buhari Says He Is Not Cloned, But Who Actually Believes Him?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.