Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,785 members, 7,817,255 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:53 AM

Fuel Scarcity Looms As Oil Workers Give FG 7-Day Ultimatum - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fuel Scarcity Looms As Oil Workers Give FG 7-Day Ultimatum (19597 Views)

Health Workers Give El-Rufai 48 Hours To Recall Sacked Nurses / SERAP Gives FG 7 Days To Release Details Of Payment Of ₦729Bn To 24.3m Nigerians / Ekiti Workers Give Fayose 14-day Ultimatum To Clear Unpaid Salaries (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fuel Scarcity Looms As Oil Workers Give FG 7-Day Ultimatum by grandstar(m): 10:43am On Dec 03, 2018
contigiency:
Stupid and wicked souls. Christmas has reached and they suddenly rememberd that they have demands to make. Real enemies of the people. Is it not to cause scarcity and unleash hardship on people when they are supposed to be celebrating. Evil men and women, even if government pays you people that money, as long as you people collected it under duress and suffering of the masses, it will still not be enough, it will not even be useful to any of you.

Whenever I checked incidents like this, i get more baffled that the people unleashing this kind of mayhem to their people whenever Christmas or similar festival is around the corner are mostly from the part of the country that proud themselves as Christians. Where as Muslims on the other hand seize similar opportunity whenever they are celebrating anything to crash prices of commodities so that it will be to the reach of all and sundry. And you claim you are better behaved. That is a fallacy.

Why are you so insensitive? Is it your 800billion. Let government behave responsibly aand pay up! (Read Psalms 37:21)

Banks have seized their assets and they are financially squeezed.

If someone is oweing you 5m, will you be looking like mumu when they throw your kids,out of school, your landlord kicks you out and you're locked up because of 200,000 you're owing Iya Seki?
How much more 800billion? My Jesus is, lord
Re: Fuel Scarcity Looms As Oil Workers Give FG 7-Day Ultimatum by grandstar(m): 10:51am On Dec 03, 2018
theoldpretender:

Let's forget politics for a few minutes...and imagine Buhari removed fuel subsidy.

All Nigerians would see is that fuel has gone up to N250 or more per liter. They won't hear 'Long term benefits"

There will be riots on the street.

After all, GEJ did the same thing (raised it to N140 per liter from N65)...and there were riots on the streets....

No Nigerian leader wants to deregulate. It is too politically expensive. DESPITE the fact that it is good economic practice that might even benefit us in the LONG run.

All want to deregulate just frightened about the masses.

At the time I spoke about, the price was so low that there was no subsidy whatsoever.

He,was,advised by Kachikwu to deregulate but refused. He,was also advised to sell off the refineries but instead preferred to blow over a billion dollars on these antique white elephants.

Buhari is a statist. He is,anti-market .

I'm apolitical. I dont even vote. So not hating Buhari. Just stating things the way they are

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fuel Scarcity Looms As Oil Workers Give FG 7-Day Ultimatum by shawlar(m): 8:42pm On Dec 03, 2018
theoldpretender:

No.

Have been following the subsidy issue since the early 1990's...and like most Nigerians blamed government and the marketers. I even was one of those who called a certain Minister who stated that fuel was cheaper than cocacola in 2006 names.

However, since 2011...I have been educating myself more about the issue.

The problem is, marketers import fuel at N180 perliter....and sell it at N145 perliter. Meaning they lose N35 per liter of fuel sold.

Normally,government is supposed to pay the N35 difference,but due to low oil prices (keep in mind that Nigeria needs to seee crude oilprices at $140 per barrel to run a balanced budget...and right now.....fuel is low)....they cannot keep paying that money. (Corruption too makes the matter worse).

So marketers , facing an end of year loss that might force them to SACK WORKERS engage in scarcity...so that they can force government to pay up...while they also do things like selling oil to black marketers who sell it at a higher pricefor them, smuggle it to countries like Niger and Benin where oil is sold at a much higher price.....so that they can make money to keep their businesses above water.

That is why I think oil subsidy should go. Unless...you people want government to start taking more loans.

You really need to educate yourself a bit more. Since last year only NNPC has been importing fuel into Nigeria. NNPC only uses the depots of some marketers to distribute the fuel at the regulated price. All loses are borne by NNPC as ‘under recovery’/“subsidy”. The money these marketers want is part of those that were falsely claimed during the subsidy scam era where marketers declared cargo that was never imported or that was imported, sent back and ‘imported’ again (thereby claiming double subsidy on the same cargo). They also want forex differentials meaning that govt should pay for their exposure to forex fluctuations.. Abeg how many private businesses does govt do that for?
Re: Fuel Scarcity Looms As Oil Workers Give FG 7-Day Ultimatum by liyahwillie(f): 12:46am On Dec 06, 2018
CHRISTMAS IS HERE,THEY ARE DOING WHAT THEY KNOW BEST TO DO

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

FG Signs Fuel Transportation, Storage Deal With Niger Republic / Mbaka Demands Immediate Release Of Nnamdi Kanu / #BayelsaDecides: LP Governorship Candidate, Eradiri Loses Polling Unit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.