Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,285 members, 7,818,961 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:02 AM

#StopNMA20kBuildingLevy: Doctors Protest Over NMA 20K Building Levy On Twitter - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / #StopNMA20kBuildingLevy: Doctors Protest Over NMA 20K Building Levy On Twitter (12127 Views)

Abia Doctors Protest 25 Months Salary Arrears / Vivien Otu's Kidnap: Doctors Protest In Calabar - Pictures / 500 Canadian Doctors Protest Raises, Say They're Being Paid Too Much (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: #StopNMA20kBuildingLevy: Doctors Protest Over NMA 20K Building Levy On Twitter by Nobody: 11:42am On Dec 03, 2018
Nurses will not do there own now o. The 53k licence verification. Useless NANMN and NNCN
Re: #StopNMA20kBuildingLevy: Doctors Protest Over NMA 20K Building Levy On Twitter by able1993(m): 12:19pm On Dec 03, 2018
That is bad, why is everything so upside down in this country

anyway, are you tired of life, do you feel like giving up soon or you want to learn how the great men like Ben Carson, Mark Zuckerberg, Steve Jobs made it, then visit www.motivate.com.ng
Re: #StopNMA20kBuildingLevy: Doctors Protest Over NMA 20K Building Levy On Twitter by Cmanforall: 12:32pm On Dec 03, 2018
shocked
Re: #StopNMA20kBuildingLevy: Doctors Protest Over NMA 20K Building Levy On Twitter by Picardor2: 1:13pm On Dec 03, 2018
Lucid1:
Doctors should handle their problems by themselves and leave us alone.

Let them enjoy their problems alone and the lopsided salary scale that favors them.
I wonder where u got that info from. Pls next time make a little research and ask questions. Even me wey no be Dr fit tell u wetin dey. Selfish man

1 Like

Re: #StopNMA20kBuildingLevy: Doctors Protest Over NMA 20K Building Levy On Twitter by Picardor2: 1:17pm On Dec 03, 2018
EbubeDam:
Selfish people!
See that money una must pay
Ppl that saved ur useless life since childhood till nw and when ur old u call selfish. Am disappointed
Re: #StopNMA20kBuildingLevy: Doctors Protest Over NMA 20K Building Levy On Twitter by Nobody: 1:28pm On Dec 03, 2018
What has NMA done for doctors?
How had NMA improved the lives of doctors in Nigeria?
Is it from the 500/hr doctors in private practice will cough out 20k and pay?
They better free that portal for the usual licence renewal oo....

Nonsense.
Re: #StopNMA20kBuildingLevy: Doctors Protest Over NMA 20K Building Levy On Twitter by nelszx: 1:38pm On Dec 03, 2018
The MLSCN House was built by MLS practicing (A government parastatal built my members of the profession). Every MLS were levied to build a government house for government
Even the association building was built by her members. I think this is where the NMA is drawing effort from but the truth is these things are wrong.
Members of professional bodies shouldn't be building government houses for them.

Re: #StopNMA20kBuildingLevy: Doctors Protest Over NMA 20K Building Levy On Twitter by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 2:19pm On Dec 03, 2018
How and what does the building contribute to my life as a doctor ?

Just an avenue for office holders to make money.
The seed of corruption lies dormant in every Nigerian and is ready to germinate when he is handed power.
Rubbish.

1 Like

Re: #StopNMA20kBuildingLevy: Doctors Protest Over NMA 20K Building Levy On Twitter by Hardey466(m): 3:24pm On Dec 03, 2018
Monday Quote
The art of being happy incorporates the ability to see the beauty everywhere and to be able to enjoy simple things. Start your Monday with this art.

I'm aspiring to become UBA campus ambassador.
Help me actualize this dream.

Please Like| Comment| Share to various WhatsApp groups| Use the link as status and plead to friends to like

Thanks��
God richly bless you
I'm grateful.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bq2tCM_F7wP/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=m8zoryvckuz8
Re: #StopNMA20kBuildingLevy: Doctors Protest Over NMA 20K Building Levy On Twitter by olumide4christ: 6:21pm On Dec 03, 2018
Unfortunately, this is what many professional bodies are doing in Nigeria now...asking members to pay levies to build a mega structure for the institute/association.

My institute has levied us N50,000 per member to be paid in at most 2 installments of N25,000 per year over 2 years for the building of the Institute building.
Re: #StopNMA20kBuildingLevy: Doctors Protest Over NMA 20K Building Levy On Twitter by Nobody: 7:03pm On Dec 03, 2018
Picardor2:

Ppl that saved ur useless life since childhood till nw and when ur old u call selfish. Am disappointed

Ur father is d useless one and u a son of a useless one.
For urd info am a junior reg.at ucth.
Very soon I'll leave Ur useless father and u here in 9ja. *spits*
Re: #StopNMA20kBuildingLevy: Doctors Protest Over NMA 20K Building Levy On Twitter by femi4: 8:28pm On Dec 03, 2018
Anfieldboss:

NSE will tell you its just a society and not a labour union, and so they can't fight for engineers.....rubbish. If not that COREN made it compulsory you must have NSE first, who for send them
Most engineers do practice without being a member of those two useless body
Re: #StopNMA20kBuildingLevy: Doctors Protest Over NMA 20K Building Levy On Twitter by nemynely(m): 10:12pm On Dec 04, 2018
Kenekingisback:
Ordinary N20k they are making noise on twitter. grin
Guy, comments like yours almost killed the pro-bono spirit in me. How insensitive? It's guys like you that will walk, better still crawl into a hospital with 5k and cap in hand for a 100k service. Yet you turn around to utter this gibberish! Never mind, like some comedians will say - "your clear go soon eye". As I type, many doctors are escaping, about to escape, plotting to escape from this shithole. That invariably means, quality Medicare will not only become scarce but also expensive. It's only a matter of time. Yours truly is also on the escape pathway.

1 Like

Re: #StopNMA20kBuildingLevy: Doctors Protest Over NMA 20K Building Levy On Twitter by nemynely(m): 10:22pm On Dec 04, 2018
QuitNotice:
Is it that the 20k is too small?
QuitNotice, you are truly a "legend of the bush". What I don't understand is why you chose to involve yourself in the affairs of humans. Have your fellow co-legends of the bush deserted you? grin cheesy
Re: #StopNMA20kBuildingLevy: Doctors Protest Over NMA 20K Building Levy On Twitter by bahaushe1: 3:37pm On Dec 05, 2018
Kenekingisback:
Ordinary N20k they are making noise on twitter. grin

It is not about the amount.

1) Was the issue discussed and agreed upon by members and or their representatives?

2) Why link payment of levy (which is voluntary) to renewal of annual practicing license (which is compulsory).

(1) (2) (Reply)

Where Can I Get MDMA (ecstacy) Pills In Nigeria / Health Benefit Of Shea Butter (yoruba: Ori, Igbo: Okwuma) / Lagos Ebola Volunteers Threaten Strike Over Lack Of Payment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.