Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,128 members, 7,811,183 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:32 AM

Atiku Sought The Help Of Uk Not To Be Arrested I US But Was Turned Down - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Atiku Sought The Help Of Uk Not To Be Arrested I US But Was Turned Down (2014 Views)

To Those Who Claim That I Have Been Arrested, I Am Back With Fire - Simon Ekpa / Rising Food, Fuel Prices Also Experienced In US, UK, Not Nigeria’s Problem — Lai / If Prof. Akintoye Is Arrested, I Will Burn Down Nigerian Embassy In UK Says (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Atiku Sought The Help Of Uk Not To Be Arrested I US But Was Turned Down by sarrki(m): 3:39am On Dec 03, 2018
The presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) Alhaji Atiku Abubakar has returned to Abuja after failing to secure assurances from the US Department of Justice that he will not be arrested in the United States.

Atiku who was reported to have been granted a US visa to travel to the United States was in London on Thursday prior to his departure to the United States.

A group, Initiative To Save Democracy said that it has credible information that the PDP presidential candidate returned to Nigeria after failing to secure assurances from the US Department of Justice that he will not be arrested if he sets his foot on the soil of the United States.

TheCable had reported exclusively that the Waziri Adamawa secured a US visa and had travelled to the United Kingdom from where he will fly into the United states where he had not been able to step foot for more than 13 years.

But the group in a statement signed by its president, Akinloye James said Atiku had on Thursday travelled to the United Kingdom after securing a United States Visa from where he hopes to travel to the United States.

“His mission in the United Kingdom is to get the British Government to help him secure the assurances of the United States Department of Justice that he will not be arrested upon setting foot in US soil. But the British government is reported to have informed Abubakar that the US Department of Justice has made it clear that it cannot guarantee he will not be arrested.”

Atiku has refused to travel to the United States since the case of money laundering allegation involving him and a US congressman, Williams Jefferson came to limelight.

His counterpart in the United States, Williams Jefferson has already served jail term and made to refund part of the money traced to him for money laundering, but Atiku has since been walking free even though he has been unable to set foot in the US.

Having failed to secure the assurances of the British government and fearing that he may be arrested by the International Police (InterPol), Atiku quickly returned to Nigeria to forestall any possible arrest.

Paul Ibe, Head of the Atiku Media Office who has been speaking on behalf of the PDP presidential candidate prior to appointing a spokesman for his campaign tweeted a while ago that Atiku has since returned to Abuja.

”HE@atiku embarked on a private visit to the United Kingdom on Thursday shortly after the inauguration of his Presidential Campaign Council. He has since returned back to Abuja. #LetsGetNigeriaWorkingAgain” Ibe tweeted

His tweet counters report by TheCable that Atiku will spend sometime in the United Kingdom before traveling to the United States.

“Report that Atiku obtained US Visa and travelled to the UK may be true, but the part that he would be traveling to the US is completely false,” Mr James said.

https://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2018/12/02/atiku-fears-arrest-in-us-returns-to-nigeria/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Atiku Sought The Help Of Uk Not To Be Arrested I US But Was Turned Down by babyfaceafrica: 3:41am On Dec 03, 2018
lolz...atiku running around looking for whom to devour....Nigerians are wiser

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku Sought The Help Of Uk Not To Be Arrested I US But Was Turned Down by sarrki(m): 3:41am On Dec 03, 2018
Us is a detailed country

A law abiding country

Atiku is a fugitive

He’s a known criminal

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Atiku Sought The Help Of Uk Not To Be Arrested I US But Was Turned Down by AroleOduduwa(m): 3:49am On Dec 03, 2018
All this zone b sha, May God have mercy on your souls

4 Likes

Re: Atiku Sought The Help Of Uk Not To Be Arrested I US But Was Turned Down by sarrki(m): 4:00am On Dec 03, 2018
AroleOduduwa:
All this zone b sha, May God have mercy on your souls

If Atiku will come to USA I will Campaign for him

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku Sought The Help Of Uk Not To Be Arrested I US But Was Turned Down by Nobody: 4:25am On Dec 03, 2018
Is it a requirement to visit America if you want to contest for the presidency?

3 Likes

Re: Atiku Sought The Help Of Uk Not To Be Arrested I US But Was Turned Down by deomelo: 4:36am On Dec 03, 2018
Kabongo1:

It must be a requirement the way athiefKUlooter is desperately trying and running helter-skelter to enter the US so ask your uncle athiefKUlootet.

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Atiku Sought The Help Of Uk Not To Be Arrested I US But Was Turned Down by socialmediaman: 4:36am On Dec 03, 2018
A group, Initiative To Save Democracy said that it has credible information that the PDP presidential candidate returned to Nigeria after failing to secure assurances from the US Department of Justice that he will not be arrested if he sets his foot on the soil of the United States.

PM News reporting based on a claim from a Pro APC group

1 Like

Re: Atiku Sought The Help Of Uk Not To Be Arrested I US But Was Turned Down by deomelo: 4:39am On Dec 03, 2018

Poor crooked, corrupt, looting and stealing athiekUlooter....

Na every day be the thief, but na one day be the owner.

A common thief and international fugitive won become president of Nigeria.

Abomination.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Atiku Sought The Help Of Uk Not To Be Arrested I US But Was Turned Down by shukuokukobambi: 4:43am On Dec 03, 2018
Kabongo1:

That was my wonder when i saw Saraki and Dele Momodu celebrating and mocking APC that Atiku finally got American Visa. I was like "a whole DG of a presidential campaign council"?? celebrating American Visa??!!

4 Likes

Re: Atiku Sought The Help Of Uk Not To Be Arrested I US But Was Turned Down by Anigreat: 5:01am On Dec 03, 2018
shocked

Idiotic pigs of Buhari terrorist, will die on ATIKU matter.

Whether ATIKU travel to America or not, our mind is made up, we will vote him

Whether ATIKU is a thief, we like him that way and we will still vote him.

Btw, when traveling to America, is an achievement, and how will that bring progress to Nigeria? Jubrin of Sudan, that gallivant around the globe what good has he brought other than hardship and terror. Idiotic pigs of Buhari terrorist are insane hence they masturbate on ATIKU matter at any slightest given opportunity.

Spit on their empty skull.

2 Likes

Re: Atiku Sought The Help Of Uk Not To Be Arrested I US But Was Turned Down by deomelo: 5:03am On Dec 03, 2018

grin grin grin grin

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Atiku Sought The Help Of Uk Not To Be Arrested I US But Was Turned Down by Gandollar(f): 5:12am On Dec 03, 2018
sarrki:

bookmarked. It's too early to peddle false information.
#backtodaura
Re: Atiku Sought The Help Of Uk Not To Be Arrested I US But Was Turned Down by Agritech(m): 5:14am On Dec 03, 2018
OBASANJO accompanied Taylor to Nigeria, offered him asylum, assured him of absolute safety. He later gave green light to the Interpol, simultaneously asked Taylor to run. He also told the World Police Taylor's running direction. When Taylor was caught, he called OBJ name 3 times, shook his and said "This man is a wicked man".
OBJ will tell a thief to go and steal and also tell the Police to go and catch the thief!!!!!!

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Atiku Sought The Help Of Uk Not To Be Arrested I US But Was Turned Down by sarrki(m): 5:15am On Dec 03, 2018
Gandollar:
bookmarked. It's too early to peddle false information.
#backtodaura

Make una shame the devil

Tell him to go USA

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku Sought The Help Of Uk Not To Be Arrested I US But Was Turned Down by sarrki(m): 5:16am On Dec 03, 2018
Anigreat:
shocked

Idiotic pigs of Buhari terrorist, will die on ATIKU matter.

Whether ATIKU travel to America or not, our mind is made up, we will vote him

Whether ATIKU is a thief, we like him that way and we will still vote him.

Btw, when traveling to America, is an achievement, and how will that bring progress to Nigeria? Jubrin of Sudan, that gallivant around the globe what good has he brought other than hardship and terror. Idiotic pigs of Buhari terrorist are insane hence they masturbate on ATIKU matter at any slightest given opportunity.

Spit on their empty skull.

Always foaming in the mouth

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku Sought The Help Of Uk Not To Be Arrested I US But Was Turned Down by Anigreat: 5:24am On Dec 03, 2018
sarrki:

Always foaming in the mouth

shocked

Sarrki, If I am foaming in mouth, you're foaming in your brain, because I see no reason why a sane person will support a re-election of a terroristshocked

Buhari is a terrorist and you know that.

1 Like

Re: Atiku Sought The Help Of Uk Not To Be Arrested I US But Was Turned Down by agbangam: 5:25am On Dec 03, 2018
This Atiku visa case be like a rat been lured to its death using a fish on a well laid trap. If baba step his feet on American soil that will be the end of presidential election. Amelika no sabi who be big man unlike we country.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku Sought The Help Of Uk Not To Be Arrested I US But Was Turned Down by FarahAideed: 5:28am On Dec 03, 2018
Lies from the pits of hell
Re: Atiku Sought The Help Of Uk Not To Be Arrested I US But Was Turned Down by dannie007(m): 5:50am On Dec 03, 2018
Kabongo1:

It is not a requirement and it will never be!! A post of Presidency is a very sensitive Position! Questionable Characters are ought to look else where. Rather than endulge jmin Politics, buy in Nigeria its a different ball Game because of selfish interest!!

Long Live Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Atiku Sought The Help Of Uk Not To Be Arrested I US But Was Turned Down by eph12(m): 5:50am On Dec 03, 2018
But there was a report that he was denied visa. These people and lies ehn shocked

1 Like

Re: Atiku Sought The Help Of Uk Not To Be Arrested I US But Was Turned Down by jchioma: 6:14am On Dec 03, 2018
Atiku is going no where for now. Campaign has started and there's no time to waste. Sending Jubril back to Sudan is a task that must be done ASAP.
Re: Atiku Sought The Help Of Uk Not To Be Arrested I US But Was Turned Down by helinues: 6:16am On Dec 03, 2018
You are all reading news.

Information on my desk had it that Atiku never applied for Usa visa. The UK trip is also not real just am imagination of some people.

Atiku begins his campaign today in Sokoto.

Us trip not certain for now cos he (Atiku) knows the consequence.

Though he is still working under G to visits Usa
Re: Atiku Sought The Help Of Uk Not To Be Arrested I US But Was Turned Down by HigherEd: 6:33am On Dec 03, 2018
Don't worry by the time Atiku becomes President he would be able to visit US freely.

1 Like

Re: Atiku Sought The Help Of Uk Not To Be Arrested I US But Was Turned Down by a2personal2013: 6:43am On Dec 03, 2018
Pls I need a president who can't travel to the UK or the US or any country outside the African continent so that they can develop our country. I don't know when travelling to the US is a criteria to become a Nigerian president.

We know what the one that has spent more time in London than Nigeria has already done to our economy and infrastructures.
Please stop this campaign of character assassination and focus on what you have done in the past 3 years. If you don't have anything to show, please get ready to pack your bags to where you belong.
I don't know why we see the US as pace setters when they can't even solve their own problems. Let's face our election and forget US Visa or travels.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku Sought The Help Of Uk Not To Be Arrested I US But Was Turned Down by Mcbussy(m): 6:50am On Dec 03, 2018
It's a shame how they force whoever they like on us and we just quietly accept. We have around 200 million people in this country, 2 major political parties, one party can only force a religious/ethnic bigot on us, while the other forces an international fugitive on us. Yet we'll accept and won't even consider a minority party with a sane option. There has to be sumthn wrong with the average Nigerian.
Re: Atiku Sought The Help Of Uk Not To Be Arrested I US But Was Turned Down by aolawale025: 6:51am On Dec 03, 2018
Knowing he has campaigns today, how could he have planned to be in the USA?

1 Like

Re: Atiku Sought The Help Of Uk Not To Be Arrested I US But Was Turned Down by quickberry2(m): 6:52am On Dec 03, 2018
grin
Re: Atiku Sought The Help Of Uk Not To Be Arrested I US But Was Turned Down by Mcbussy(m): 7:02am On Dec 03, 2018
a2personal2013:
Pls I need a president who can't travel to the UK or the US or any country outside the African continent so that they can develop our country. I don't know when travelling to the US is a criteria to become a Nigerian president.

We know what the one that has spent more time in London than Nigeria has already done to our economy and infrastructures.
Please stop this campaign of character assassination and focus on what you have done in the past 3 years. If you don't have anything to show, please get ready to pack your bags to where you belong.
I don't know why we see the US as pace setters when they can't even solve their own problems. Let's face our election and forget US Visa or travels.

Listen to yourself, that's the typical, senseless Nigerian reasoning. So because you don't want a leader that spends more time travelling around, you'd rather have one that has committed international crimes?

What we need is a leader that won't waste time travelling around, not one that can't because he's a fugitive that might get arrested if he does. Have you heard the term "international diplomacy" before? Every leader needs that quality.

Nigerians are just senseless I swear. We always think we are wise, but our sense is only good for cheating each other and moving closer to destruction.

1 Like

Re: Atiku Sought The Help Of Uk Not To Be Arrested I US But Was Turned Down by AroleOduduwa(m): 7:03am On Dec 03, 2018
sarrki:

Are you the states?? Where in the states are you? Abi which one is if Atiku will come, as if he’s coming to pay homage to you.
Re: Atiku Sought The Help Of Uk Not To Be Arrested I US But Was Turned Down by a2personal2013: 7:26am On Dec 03, 2018
That's is our problem. Look at your smart self that can qualify Nigerians. Whenever someone has a a different opinion from yours you resolve to name calling (Nigerians this, Nigerians that .......). Sometimes I wonder how you guys look at the US from your myopic lenses, I bet you see them as heaven on earth. The man wants to be a president of Nigeria and not of the Hnited states. Dick Cheney was also accused but guess what happened, he paid a fine. Of course he is your white god!! Afterall Atiku must be treated differently. Only African leaders must be prosecuted!!

I don't care what the United states think about him. I'm only bothered about what Nigerians think. If he is corrupt let Buhari investigate him afterall he has the EFCC, ICPC and the police, he doesn't need the United states to help him.
Please spare me the gospel of international crime afterall the supposed crime was committed in Nigeria and not in the United states.

NB: Make your point without insults. We are not fighting but discussing!!!

Mcbussy:

Listen to yourself, that's the typical, senseless Nigerian reasoning. So because you don't want a leader that spends more time travelling around, you'd rather have one that has committed international crimes?

What we need is a leader that won't waste time travelling around, not one that can't because he's a fugitive that might get arrested if he does. Have you heard the term "international diplomacy" before? Every leader needs that quality.

Nigerians are just senseless I swear. We always think we are wise, but our sense is only good for cheating each other and moving closer to destruction.

1 Like

Re: Atiku Sought The Help Of Uk Not To Be Arrested I US But Was Turned Down by Proudlyngwa(m): 7:57am On Dec 03, 2018
a2personal2013:

But your preferred candidate can go and hobnob in Dubai.

Useless party of Hypocrites.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Buhari Has Won??? / Breaking: PDP, Gov. Ortom Cruising To Victory In Benue State. / The Five Count Petitions Atiku Stacked Against Buhari (2nd Respondent)!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.