Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,181 members, 7,818,571 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:02 PM

Drug Test: Bowen Students Burn Down Hostel As School Suspends Over 200 Students - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Drug Test: Bowen Students Burn Down Hostel As School Suspends Over 200 Students (29095 Views)

Keren-happuch Akpagher: New CCTV Video Surface As School Insists On Innocence / Osun Poly, Iree Students Burn Down Medical Center Over Colleague's Death / Bowen University Slay Queen Drinks Hypo After Spending Her Friend's School Fees (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Drug Test: Bowen Students Burn Down Hostel As School Suspends Over 200 Students by Nobody: 9:10am On Dec 03, 2018
FindX:
How does taking drug affects ones Academic performance?

It does in ways too numerous to mention.
Re: Drug Test: Bowen Students Burn Down Hostel As School Suspends Over 200 Students by pixypixs(m): 9:11am On Dec 03, 2018
Denikayan:

Such test is not needed in a university, Its an intrusion to their privacy. Like I said, They are adults

The primary objective is academic excellence.
Especially when they do drugs in the school? When dr activities after getting high becomes a nuisance to normal and good students? Mind you the motto fo the said school is Excellence and Godliness.It is a mission school for Christ sake!
Re: Drug Test: Bowen Students Burn Down Hostel As School Suspends Over 200 Students by AgentGoat: 9:12am On Dec 03, 2018
This is not nothing. As they will surely pay for damages. They should burn down more blocks.
Re: Drug Test: Bowen Students Burn Down Hostel As School Suspends Over 200 Students by Nobody: 9:12am On Dec 03, 2018
Yankee101:

Not true. Maybe you did drugs in school. Alot of people didn't and still don't
Let's say it's 69% talking from survey
Re: Drug Test: Bowen Students Burn Down Hostel As School Suspends Over 200 Students by Nobody: 9:13am On Dec 03, 2018
iambabaG:
You admit children.. Then cage them!
What do you expect; they’ll definitely rebel!

They refused and did not fail; why not properly educate them on the ills rather than ostracize them? Such shallowmindedness

Mumu drug addict
Re: Drug Test: Bowen Students Burn Down Hostel As School Suspends Over 200 Students by Teibaba(m): 9:20am On Dec 03, 2018
Misleading headline.
They burnt probably their foam or bed inside the hostel.
Re: Drug Test: Bowen Students Burn Down Hostel As School Suspends Over 200 Students by Hoodbilonia: 9:21am On Dec 03, 2018
na now private schl dey vex
no more ajeh
everyone for school now na street
apako dem
see dem
Re: Drug Test: Bowen Students Burn Down Hostel As School Suspends Over 200 Students by vheckthor1: 9:28am On Dec 03, 2018
FindX:
degrees are awarded based on learning and CHARACTER.... try figure the relation
Re: Drug Test: Bowen Students Burn Down Hostel As School Suspends Over 200 Students by yomi007k(m): 9:35am On Dec 03, 2018
Marotzke:
I wonder if you really grasp the import of what you just said? "if they look like suspected drug addicts"
so, how do suspect drug addicts look like?
what empirical evidence do you look out for to suspect someone of drug use or drug addiction?
whose function is it to suspect students of drug use or misuse?
what drugs are they going to be looking for?
opiods ,
Analgesics,
Hypnotics,
stimulants,
Amphetamines,
cannabis? etc.
Did you tell the students at the point of admission that at any time during the school period, they can be rounded up like common criminals and subjected to a humiliating drug use test at the instance of a paranoid schizophrenic masquerading as a vice chancellor or students affairs officer ?
How can you support such an invasion of young people's privacy , but feel outraged when police officers ask you to open your phone or laptop for search.
By your own analogy, if you look like a thief or kidnapper , you should be subjected to any search as deemed necessary by security agents.
Be careful of this table that you are shaking, "no be only Bowen university students tanda on top sooo"
1. Suspected drug addicts may have some of the following features: blood shot eyes,blue tongue,poor co ordination in terms of gait,stance and speech, irrational /violent behaviors etc.
2. Empirical evidence may include but not restricted to the above features, physical samples of the drugs, urine tests in other suspected individuals.
3. It is the function of the school authority and or in collaboration with certain bodies like the NDLEA and Police.
4. All drugs mentioned are on the list. It is shocking to find out that people add analgesics to other controlled drugs.
5. Well I believe the school has its own rules and regulation in order to control anarchy.
They would have acted based on information.

My brother, if one is truly innocent showing your laptops,phones won't be an issue.
How does burning down school property solve any of the problem?

But ofcourse,If they come robbing,attacking and burning your stuffs then you will know the type of table created.
Re: Drug Test: Bowen Students Burn Down Hostel As School Suspends Over 200 Students by cardoctor(m): 9:40am On Dec 03, 2018
MrDexter:
shocked Indefinite Suspention for Drug test refusal,
What will be the penalty for burning down school property?�

Same question am asking but in all honesty, I won't want anyone pricking my skin with infected needles and messing with my blood. The risks are too high. I can piss in a cup though. If they like make dem drink am..
Re: Drug Test: Bowen Students Burn Down Hostel As School Suspends Over 200 Students by TONYE001(m): 9:55am On Dec 03, 2018
Denikayan:

Such test is not needed in a university, Its an intrusion to their privacy. Like I said, They are adults

The primary objective is academic excellence.

Are you aware that even in the bigger world, drug tests are conducted when indicated?
Re: Drug Test: Bowen Students Burn Down Hostel As School Suspends Over 200 Students by lexy2014: 10:04am On Dec 03, 2018
FindX:

Am sure u familiar with this saying used in d academic environment:

"In character and in learning..."
Re: Drug Test: Bowen Students Burn Down Hostel As School Suspends Over 200 Students by Denikayan: 10:13am On Dec 03, 2018
TONYE001:

Are you aware that even in the bigger world, drug tests are conducted when indicated?

Were 200 student indicted?
Re: Drug Test: Bowen Students Burn Down Hostel As School Suspends Over 200 Students by TONYE001(m): 10:29am On Dec 03, 2018
Denikayan:

Were 200 student indicted?

The report says the 200 students were suspended for refusing to be tested.

So, the question is, why would they refuse to be tested....especially if the school has the legal capacity (eg a signed agreement between it and the students) to conduct the test?
Re: Drug Test: Bowen Students Burn Down Hostel As School Suspends Over 200 Students by Guyman02: 10:34am On Dec 03, 2018
Very stupid of them to burn down their hostel.
During one of our Aluta crisis, students in my school burnt several vehicles belonging to the school.
On resumption we paid every kobo to replace the destroyed items, those who couldn't pay were refused writing exams and you can only enter the school premises and exam hall with ID card and it was All Man to himself. angry
Re: Drug Test: Bowen Students Burn Down Hostel As School Suspends Over 200 Students by Guyman02: 10:36am On Dec 03, 2018
seguntijan:
Former President Olusegun Obasanjo and son having a swell time together.
In a simple illustration, the boy asked his father why would he be supporting Atiku Abubakar of all candidates. And Obasanjo jokingly said “if Nigerians are wise, I wrote two books on Atiku and said several things about him, if my sudden change which is less than 6 months would overwrite my position of years then Nigerians are the problem of this nation, not politicians.”

The son couldn't withstand it, he had to hug his father for a brilliant analysis...!!!

Did you check the topic under discussion before copying and pasting rubbish
Re: Drug Test: Bowen Students Burn Down Hostel As School Suspends Over 200 Students by uuzba(m): 10:46am On Dec 03, 2018
davillian:
I wish the government can do the same on the Armed Forces.
Because I don't understand why some of them still behave like animals.
Their jobs entail that they behave like animals.
Do you know how many drivers try to o follow closely behind a convoy switching on their double flasher? If the soldiers don't occasionally stop and beat such people severely, everyone will be doing it.

Nigerians are very stubborn people. They behave anyhow here. But the moment same Nigerians step overseas they change and behave disciplined. Same Nigerians!
Why not behave properly here?
Re: Drug Test: Bowen Students Burn Down Hostel As School Suspends Over 200 Students by Judybash93(m): 10:49am On Dec 03, 2018
The future of Nigeria is at stack
Re: Drug Test: Bowen Students Burn Down Hostel As School Suspends Over 200 Students by Denikayan: 10:50am On Dec 03, 2018
TONYE001:

The report says the 200 students were suspended for refusing to be tested.

So, the question is, why would they refuse to be tested....especially if the school has the[b] legal capacity[/b] (eg a signed agreement between it and the students) to conduct the test?

Is the school a narcotic agent.

Oh, so you did agree that the police is also having the legal capacity to ask for your phone at check point.

Hello, that's an intrusion of their privacy and even an insult to their personality as adults. If not indicted of any crime which am certain is false, How can 200 student be forcefully subjected to drug test
Re: Drug Test: Bowen Students Burn Down Hostel As School Suspends Over 200 Students by davillian(m): 10:54am On Dec 03, 2018
uuzba:

Their jobs entail that they behave like animals.
Do you know how many drivers try to o follow closely behind a convoy switching on their double flasher? If the soldiers don't occasionally stop and beat such people severely, everyone will be doing it.

Nigerians are very stubborn people. They behave anyhow here. But the moment same Nigerians step overseas they change and behave disciplined. Same Nigerians!
Why not behave properly here?
So you are in support of public assault?
You would soon get your own plate of public assaults from them.
Re: Drug Test: Bowen Students Burn Down Hostel As School Suspends Over 200 Students by Yankee101: 10:56am On Dec 03, 2018
Eleniyan231:

Let's say it's 69% talking from survey

Which survey? Post your survey results online or stop assuming
Re: Drug Test: Bowen Students Burn Down Hostel As School Suspends Over 200 Students by Denikayan: 10:56am On Dec 03, 2018
pixypixs:
Especially when they do drugs in the school? When dr activities after getting high becomes a nuisance to normal and good students? Mind you the motto fo the said school is Excellence and Godliness.It is a mission school for Christ sake!

Did 200 student make a nuisance after drug abuse?
Why subject all to such

Then the ladies should be also subjected to virginity test as quite a number will be sex freaks too and can influence good students
Re: Drug Test: Bowen Students Burn Down Hostel As School Suspends Over 200 Students by Denikayan: 10:59am On Dec 03, 2018
MusaIbrahim1:

even if you are going to usa to study, you will be subjected to blood test..., same before gaining employment

On basis of Drugs? Who has been denied US visa for traces of marijuana in his blood? That protocal is your for National security and awareness that you not with a communicable disease. And that does not even discriminate you from getting a Visa.
Re: Drug Test: Bowen Students Burn Down Hostel As School Suspends Over 200 Students by Ayoagbajesamuel(m): 11:32am On Dec 03, 2018
So, students of private universities too can go this far? Na wah 4 this generation o
Re: Drug Test: Bowen Students Burn Down Hostel As School Suspends Over 200 Students by Airoflaw(m): 12:46pm On Dec 03, 2018
Denikayan:

An addict who has committed a crime and still academically vibrant that he has not been expelled due to poor performance?

If I would agree with you, then a virginity test also needs to be done as their are sex addicts amongs them. And also, a sight test cos some of them are addicted to video games which could have affected their eyes

Am I making sense? The school needs all those facts too
see buhari's friend.... Do you know d psychological effect of drug to d User, his/her relatives n society at large..
Re: Drug Test: Bowen Students Burn Down Hostel As School Suspends Over 200 Students by vivaciousvivi(f): 12:57pm On Dec 03, 2018
CodeSapien:
Rules are rules, even schs(uni) in UK demand drug test.
I know about High schools and its prevalent in the US too. Sometimes its unscheduled.
This however is a university we are talking about.
They are not repeat drug offenders or anything for goodness sake!
This is too much.
Re: Drug Test: Bowen Students Burn Down Hostel As School Suspends Over 200 Students by tosyne2much(m): 1:04pm On Dec 03, 2018
TheGreenLand:
NA WA O.

They refused BLOOD TEST, they got suspended for that and they ended up burning down their hostel!!
Are these the much talked about leaders of tomorrow?!

We are in for a long ride in this country, for real!
The future looks bleak.....so bleak!!
Seriously, the matter weak me

1 Like

Re: Drug Test: Bowen Students Burn Down Hostel As School Suspends Over 200 Students by Nobody: 1:05pm On Dec 03, 2018
tosyne2much:
Seriously, the matter weak me
Abi o Tosyne...

Long time, Howdy man?
Re: Drug Test: Bowen Students Burn Down Hostel As School Suspends Over 200 Students by tosyne2much(m): 1:09pm On Dec 03, 2018
TheGreenLand:

Abi o Tosyne...

Long time, Howdy man?
I'm good boss.. Na time no gree make I dey active oooo

1 Like

Re: Drug Test: Bowen Students Burn Down Hostel As School Suspends Over 200 Students by pixypixs(m): 1:19pm On Dec 03, 2018
Denikayan:

Did 200 student make a nuisance after drug abuse?
Why subject all to such

Then the ladies should be also subjected to virginity test as quite a number will be sex freaks too and can influence good students

I think you need to get your fact right,I said it earlier that students affected are less than 40,they had a tradefare on Friday,contrabands were smuggled inside the school,large no of abusers got high and as expected they started all dr vices.The authority decided to do urine test on suspected students,which majority failed.Nothing was done outside students' handbook,all these are in agreement with dr matriculation oath.Once again the school is a mission school,and they intend to produce scholars that are worthy in character and learning to the society.Bowen University Iwo,motto: Excellence and Godliness.

1 Like

Re: Drug Test: Bowen Students Burn Down Hostel As School Suspends Over 200 Students by GistFullGround: 2:32pm On Dec 03, 2018
Blackman's mentality is to destroy what would be of benefit to others.

Did their fathers build the school? Why must they destroy it?
Re: Drug Test: Bowen Students Burn Down Hostel As School Suspends Over 200 Students by Oblongata: 3:17pm On Dec 03, 2018
pixypixs:
I think you need to get your fact right,I said it earlier that students affected are less than 40,they had a tradefare on Friday,contrabands were smuggled inside the school,large no of abusers got high and as expected they started all dr vices.The authority decided to do urine test on suspected students,which majority failed.Nothing was done outside students' handbook,all these are in agreement with dr matriculation oath.Once again the school is a mission school,and they intend to produce scholars that are worthy in character and learning to the society.Bowen University Iwo,motto: Excellence and Godliness.
Many people don't understand academic achievement!
They think being intelligent should be separated from xter
Schools like Harvard, Princeton, Oxford, etc has been able to achieve intellects with distinct xter, if it so pleases Bowen University, let them emulate!
It has been written in the school book, i know because I graduated from the school in 2007 (2nd set)
Here is a summary of the next events:
1) students told to go home, exam postponed
2) students to resume on January
3)students to undergo compulsory test at the gate, if not interested, count yourself expelled

That is what olagbemiro would have done anyway, and with this new vc I don't think he really sends like that

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Bandits Kill DPO In Kebbi, Eight Other Policemen, Vigilantes / EFCC Declares Enonche Ugbagbe Wanted / My Cousin Just Got Scammed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.