Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,244 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:57 AM

How Tiwa Savage And Wizkid Embarrassed Nigeria At Global Citizen Concert In SA - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / How Tiwa Savage And Wizkid Embarrassed Nigeria At Global Citizen Concert In SA (72170 Views)

DJ Cuppy Meets Wyclef Jean At Global Citizen Forum (Photos, Video) / Teni Recounts How Tiwa Savage Came To Greet Her On Board A Plane / D'banj Pictured With Naomi Campbell At Global Citizen Festival (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Tiwa Savage And Wizkid Embarrassed Nigeria At Global Citizen Concert In SA by kunmiiii: 8:44am On Dec 04, 2018
Ed Sheeran's performance was totally on Point mehn!!
That dude was all shades of Awesome!!!

1 Like

Re: How Tiwa Savage And Wizkid Embarrassed Nigeria At Global Citizen Concert In SA by Josh44s(m): 8:49am On Dec 04, 2018
mynairaland2018:
Go and do ur own na armchair critic. What would have been an embarrassment is if Wizkid & Tiwa performed better than Dbanj & Cassper, who are their elders in the game. Wizzy sang live throughout and sounded lovely.

Hating is allowed sha cos I know dts ur problem. tongue

Just look at this f00l. One of the million of demented youths we have in this country.

4 Likes

Re: How Tiwa Savage And Wizkid Embarrassed Nigeria At Global Citizen Concert In SA by badman007(m): 8:49am On Dec 04, 2018
showboi222:
Truth be told, true reporting is dead in Nigeria. No more critical review. We Nigerians are now like dummies that we take everything hook, line and sinker. We dont evaluate and ask questions anymore. Anyone who critically review our leaders will be term ipod or afonja; our artistes, haters.

The other day, Oyemike told DJ cuppy the truth about her recently dropped song, and he was blasted everywhere online as haters. Osagie said similar thing about MI. All hell was let loose on the poor guys. Where is Chocolate City with MI as the President? Chocolate city that once pride as one of the best record label in Nigeria. But ass-lickers around MI and the PR press wont let him hear the truth

Can DJ cuppy perform that wack song on same stage where music enigma like Beyonce, Jayz, Usher and even Coffee of South Africa who was the performing DJ/Artiste with Usher and Pharell Wiliams yesterday were setting the stage on fire? That is absolutely 'impossicantility' of highest of the highest order!

We celebrate mediocre here in Nigeria. See wizkid performing on stage and seemed like no one was here. He was just walking and couldnt connect with the crowd. Infact, there was no communication with his DJ that he had to tell him twice to increase the tempo because the truth is, they were not feeling your wizkid!

Then Tiwa Savage...my Doro Tiwa went on stage to further embarrass the nation Naija further. Tiwa's hypeman was shouting too much and drowning her voice on her own stage. It was a poor sight to behold!

A Niniola or Yemi Alade would have shut the stage down with mesmerizing performances. A Davido, yes, same frog-voice Davido would have lit the stage on fire even with his 'noise'. Though less vocal than Wizkid but his energy up and down any stage would have caused some havoc. Good havoc! the Tubaba would have on a 'FIA' level

Then came the legendary Femi Kuti and perform true to his billing and to the rescue of his counterpart

Then came again the most incredible entertainer out of Africa, Dbanj. He was a million star on the stage. His stagecraft was electrifying. They loved his stage presence and could go on and on if there was time. Infact a South African lady mentioned that although Dbanj needs to enter studio with a good producer who will help make a hit, he had a star power that was rare among performing artistes

Casper Nyovest was too good. He was damn too great on stage. Infact, Chris Martins of Coldplay even came to lace his booth live on the stage! What about Usher and Pharell williams? Magnificent!

Please dont bother to mention Ed. That guy was totally something else. He was his own choir master, guitar man, piano man, backup artiste, band and lead singer. He was just too much that people even forget there was anyone like Tiwa or wizkid on that same stage earlier

The truth is what sells our artistes here in Nigeria is just PR. No more critical review. Imagine wizkid saying live on stage, 'let's drop the African biggest song of the year in 2018' and went on to play 'soco'. That tha heck!! Who dashed him or the song biggest song of the year. Same mediocre artistes will be carting the highest numbers of awards every year when we have music power houses here in this country but never give the right platform or PR to shine!

Once some of our so called big artistes drop songs, go to social media and come and see comments hailing some of those wackos and gibberish jingles that radio and TV stations would wash down our throat. Live performance at the Global Citizen concert really exposed some of our so-called African biggest artistes!

Did you noticed as everywhere was quiet in Nigeria after the concert after our PR paying artistes performed below par. That is how we are not calling a spade what it is. That is how our artistes are not been put under immense pressure to justify the heavy money been paid to them per show. Imagine what Ed made from Tour last year which was close to $400 million. ONLY FROM TOUR! And one Teckno who can hardly play any live concert would come on social media and say 'voice was damaged' due to so much live events' performance? Did he mean all his CDs he has been performing from are now cracked or damaged? It's so pathetic!

Note this. When you have friends who hail every of your activities and cant look into your eyes and tell you the truth. Move asap or be ready for your own unpardonable downfall!

DBANJ'S PERFORMANCE LINKS

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bq5fiK2nSGF/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=43v5o5z6z36g

https://www.instagram.com/goldmynetv/p/Bq41SlhFYHS/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=15na5icdc0igk

WIZKID'S

TIWA SAVAGE

CASPER PERFORMANCE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wNXyvwBqlP8

This is BEEF
Everyone can see the show organisers tried to make em look bad.

Wiz kid was on stage too early, singing to an empty stadium. Don't forget he is a Superstar of sold out international venues

7 Likes

Re: How Tiwa Savage And Wizkid Embarrassed Nigeria At Global Citizen Concert In SA by MzTunechi(f): 8:53am On Dec 04, 2018
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
KendrickAyomide:
Ode , na Davido get lyrics abi.

"sister life is deeper, Deeper life is sister"

" Girl you are beautiful tu,my number 1 itutu,sip e brukututu, for your love itutu ,I go shook you chuku chuku"

"Baby sip e brukututu la lo kutukutu Pelu adetutu"

all his past 10 songs must have "Wire" in it.

1 Like

Re: How Tiwa Savage And Wizkid Embarrassed Nigeria At Global Citizen Concert In SA by badman007(m): 8:53am On Dec 04, 2018
Rosay15:
... You d third person am hearing dis from dat wizzy don't ve good lyrics again and d first person is his hard fans and an artist.
It seems am beginning to get convince.

I see Russians on Nairaland. The site has been compromised to wash Nigerians sideways.

Everyone knows this is a BEEF articles. I dare any south African artist to sell out venues like wizkid

2 Likes

Re: How Tiwa Savage And Wizkid Embarrassed Nigeria At Global Citizen Concert In SA by Chukazu: 8:58am On Dec 04, 2018
But another angle to it is, how many of those Nigerian Artists have a "Hit song?"

If your song is not dope forget about stage performance, what are you performing.

I have watched Tiwa and Patorankin performing their Collabo;Gairloo on stage and it was amazing because the song was on point

3 Likes

Re: How Tiwa Savage And Wizkid Embarrassed Nigeria At Global Citizen Concert In SA by Nobody: 9:00am On Dec 04, 2018
I believe the OP because i just couldn't understand what wizkid was doing when he was performing "Closer" i had to watch sharks underwater on Nat geo wild instead... We all know one of the only real performing artiste we have is Dbanj... Always have & always will be.. Our Artistes are all studio kings who know nothing about live/ stage performance cheesy

3 Likes

Re: How Tiwa Savage And Wizkid Embarrassed Nigeria At Global Citizen Concert In SA by royalamour(m): 9:05am On Dec 04, 2018
showboi222:
Truth be told, true reporting is dead in Nigeria. No more critical review. We Nigerians are now like dummies that we take everything hook, line and sinker.

Idiot! It is you that is a dummy. You should up your semantics skill.

2 Likes

Re: How Tiwa Savage And Wizkid Embarrassed Nigeria At Global Citizen Concert In SA by paddyofboss(m): 9:11am On Dec 04, 2018
enemmo:

You can try the diploma at Muson school, MTN foundation offer scholarships, from there you could try going abroad for further studies. Wish you the best.

http://muson.org/message-from-the-director/
Thank u
Re: How Tiwa Savage And Wizkid Embarrassed Nigeria At Global Citizen Concert In SA by Hoodbilonia: 9:11am On Dec 04, 2018
dem dance with am o
dem nor dance with am o
one thing is certain
Alert

dey are all cashing out
baba go make money
stop hating

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Tiwa Savage And Wizkid Embarrassed Nigeria At Global Citizen Concert In SA by wisdomkid: 9:12am On Dec 04, 2018
haywire07:
The OP is so so correct. These two commenters above didn't even know there was a show, talk less of watching it

It's really quite unfortunate that my wizzy wizzy can no longer be in competition with Davido. Wizzy now lacks lyrics that he ends up repeating the same words and a scanty sentence. Thanks to his beat makers and the past glory which he is dwelling on.

If his problem is excess weed, then we all have to duff our hats for 2baba.

You killed me with your first line.
Re: How Tiwa Savage And Wizkid Embarrassed Nigeria At Global Citizen Concert In SA by baratech: 9:22am On Dec 04, 2018
D'banj is different class

1 Like

Re: How Tiwa Savage And Wizkid Embarrassed Nigeria At Global Citizen Concert In SA by okokobioko1: 9:30am On Dec 04, 2018
mynairaland2018:
Go and do ur own na armchair critic. What would have been an embarrassment is if Wizkid & Tiwa performed better than Dbanj & Cassper, who are their elders in the game. Wizzy sang live throughout and sounded lovely.

Hating is allowed though cos I know dts ur problem. tongue
this guy has written well. this is why we are not growing today. he just gave a constructive criticism. here you are insulting him

5 Likes

Re: How Tiwa Savage And Wizkid Embarrassed Nigeria At Global Citizen Concert In SA by blank(f): 9:31am On Dec 04, 2018
showboi222:

Some of us who know our Naija Artistes are mostly all studio kings and queens who know nothing about live/ stage performance. This is where someone like Dbanj ALWAYS stand out tall above the rest

And Flavour! He is the master when it comes to stage craft.

1 Like

Re: How Tiwa Savage And Wizkid Embarrassed Nigeria At Global Citizen Concert In SA by Didi2d(m): 9:32am On Dec 04, 2018
All I see here is hate. Is it not the same Tiwa some South African was praising yesterday

2 Likes

Re: How Tiwa Savage And Wizkid Embarrassed Nigeria At Global Citizen Concert In SA by islandmoon: 9:35am On Dec 04, 2018
the fact is their songs are not fit for the occasion , they need to have at least two meaningful songs for such occasion, Ed was that bomb.
they werent communicating on stage , use universal language if you want your fans to be able to sing along.

Asa is a good performer in France, Femi is also a very good performer but Fela remain no 1 in Nigeria history.

all these present ones are only doing karaoke ni

2 Likes

Re: How Tiwa Savage And Wizkid Embarrassed Nigeria At Global Citizen Concert In SA by Nobody: 9:40am On Dec 04, 2018
okokobioko1:

this guy has written well. this is why we are not growing today. he just gave a constructive criticism. here you are insulting him
I did not take dt gibberish seriously when he mentioned Davido. Davido?! Dt doesn't even sing live. They can never invite him to these kind of events.
Wizkid and Dbanj have strong clear voices but dbanj is a better stage entertainer than Wizkid. Perfection wt dt comes with time. Beyonce only used to strut on stage when she first started before she started dancing & went all Michael Jackson on us.

2 Likes

Re: How Tiwa Savage And Wizkid Embarrassed Nigeria At Global Citizen Concert In SA by Nobody: 9:40am On Dec 04, 2018
You see when you block the path of new artist and record their own songs as yours you can only do it for a while and with online stores people can now easily see the deception. No progress musically until you stop hating people for the creativity. Before nko what does Soco mean sef or even all over they just know how to block path for others lmao but it also bleeps with their content cause soon as the creative nigga behaves unpredictable no content again

No be only them lol God no Dey lie we no get money we hide face Una no get stage presence dey form beef we can all learn from each other

1 Like

Re: How Tiwa Savage And Wizkid Embarrassed Nigeria At Global Citizen Concert In SA by Iamicekid(m): 9:44am On Dec 04, 2018
If Person talk now unna go dey shout compare wizkid performance to Davido performance at the wireless 2018 the whites are singing there heart out to Davido songs they didn’t want him to leave the stage, make wizkid go represent us for ordinary Africa he no fit do am to expectation... I trust OBO he for Bleep shit up for there

1 Like

Re: How Tiwa Savage And Wizkid Embarrassed Nigeria At Global Citizen Concert In SA by PapaAdanna: 9:47am On Dec 04, 2018
mynairaland2018:

Hating is allowed though cos I know dts ur problem. tongue

Imagine how you are cringing because truth is been said.
If not for media hype and PR, your WIZKID is a below par artist.
Good music is not promoted in Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: How Tiwa Savage And Wizkid Embarrassed Nigeria At Global Citizen Concert In SA by greggng: 9:52am On Dec 04, 2018
I was thinking both of them were making love on stage. I never knew this big for nothing writer has nothing to offer. Bad belle free my guy....

1 Like

Re: How Tiwa Savage And Wizkid Embarrassed Nigeria At Global Citizen Concert In SA by Nobody: 9:53am On Dec 04, 2018
Iamicekid:
If Person talk now unna go dey shout compare wizkid performance to Davido performance at the wireless 2018 the whites are singing there heart out to Davido songs they didn’t want him to leave the stage, make wizkid go represent us for ordinary Africa he no fit do am to expectation... I trust OBO he for Bleep shit up for there
Go and watch wizkid at wireless & Davido at wireless. Is it not the same wireless dt oyinbo was blocking his ears when David was shouting on top CD and it made headlines. grin

1 Like

Re: How Tiwa Savage And Wizkid Embarrassed Nigeria At Global Citizen Concert In SA by Nobody: 9:55am On Dec 04, 2018
Akshow:
u are just a hater.
And you are a lover of mediocrity.
Hahahahaha

1 Like

Re: How Tiwa Savage And Wizkid Embarrassed Nigeria At Global Citizen Concert In SA by Iamicekid(m): 10:06am On Dec 04, 2018
mynairaland2018:

Go and watch wizkid at wireless & Davido at wireless. Is it not the same wireless dt oyinbo was blocking his ears when David was shouting on top CD and it made headlines. grin

Se u no get eye ni na fact now, go compare them now no be child play the crowd was even more massive go check am again and compare the both, no just come here dey quote and talk nonsense, what will hater like u say unna go find something Talk now, how many oyibo oo dude was covering his hears cause of the screams of the fans But unna go sha wan hold on to something
Re: How Tiwa Savage And Wizkid Embarrassed Nigeria At Global Citizen Concert In SA by YOUNGELDER1(m): 10:11am On Dec 04, 2018
ominilongest:
I've said it times without number, wizkid no get lyrics.. Listen to Manya,soco,nowo and fever, d same beat, artiste e no fit promote, no homo, just look at what davido is doing with DMW, mayorkun won next rated, either dremo or peruzzi go win next one,but Mr.soco and his crew never get one artiste on rookies not to talk of next rated.. Over hyped poo..#fact

Wizkid promoted L.a.x and Mr Eazi

1 Like

Re: How Tiwa Savage And Wizkid Embarrassed Nigeria At Global Citizen Concert In SA by muteki: 10:12am On Dec 04, 2018
Akshow:
u are just a hater.

But the comment is on point , they only jump on stage. They should invest on stage performance if we need hype-men we'll go to clubs. If we pay to see our artists perform, then they should give us performance that will equal the money we spend on tickets.
Re: How Tiwa Savage And Wizkid Embarrassed Nigeria At Global Citizen Concert In SA by Quigley: 10:13am On Dec 04, 2018
D'banj has been the greatest performer in Africa for a decade now and he's still going. I love his energy and the work he puts into his shows. What a man.
Re: How Tiwa Savage And Wizkid Embarrassed Nigeria At Global Citizen Concert In SA by Bitchiamjay(m): 10:16am On Dec 04, 2018
main reason my love for Kendrick lamar wl never die.

We should be honest.. our artistes them wack and mumu.. No better lyrics. just beat and nothing else.
Make wizzy abi una davido come win grammy nau.
can tiwa savage cough where the likes of sza, Alessia cara or camilla cabello are ?
what is soco soco? what is manya? what is Do the do do starboy go dey for you? chaii!
The frog voice na him shout pass. Always shouting OBO baddest..shekpe..chii.
When he got featured on Quavo' s track (Swing)..mumu No shout shekpe again..dude was humbled .
Tiwa savage ? I dont know what else to say .

#YOLO

1 Like

Re: How Tiwa Savage And Wizkid Embarrassed Nigeria At Global Citizen Concert In SA by Nobody: 10:16am On Dec 04, 2018
PapaAdanna:

Imagine how you are cringing because truth is been said.
If not for media hype and PR, your WIZKID is a below par artist.
Good music is not promoted in Nigeria
And yet he does no media hype or PR. How many interviews has he done to promote songs? He also has not converted his home, & instagram to full on self promotion like David has.

Truth is Nigerians have a hunger for afrobeats, not r&b music. If not simi would have sold out all her tickets by now. Wizkid only needs to find his own 'unique showmanship' for stage. Removing shirt & dancing like dbanj will definitely not be his thing. I enjoy his gisting & partying with the audience style. I think he only needs to get vulnerable & delve deeper into it.

1 Like

Re: How Tiwa Savage And Wizkid Embarrassed Nigeria At Global Citizen Concert In SA by colossus91(m): 10:21am On Dec 04, 2018
showboi222:
Truth be told, true reporting is dead in Nigeria. No more critical review. We Nigerians are now like dummies that we take everything hook, line and sinker. We dont evaluate and ask questions anymore. Anyone who critically review our leaders will be term ipod or afonja; our artistes, haters.

The other day, Oyemike told DJ cuppy the truth about her recently dropped song, and he was blasted everywhere online as haters. Osagie said similar thing about MI. All hell was let loose on the poor guys. Where is Chocolate City with MI as the President? Chocolate city that once pride as one of the best record label in Nigeria. But ass-lickers around MI and the PR press wont let him hear the truth

Can DJ cuppy perform that wack song on same stage where music enigma like Beyonce, Jayz, Usher and even Coffee of South Africa who was the performing DJ/Artiste with Usher and Pharell Wiliams yesterday were setting the stage on fire? That is absolutely 'impossicantility' of highest of the highest order!

We celebrate mediocre here in Nigeria. See wizkid performing on stage and seemed like no one was here. He was just walking and couldnt connect with the crowd. Infact, there was no communication with his DJ that he had to tell him twice to increase the tempo because the truth is, they were not feeling your wizkid!

Then Tiwa Savage...my Doro Tiwa went on stage to further embarrass the nation Naija further. Tiwa's hypeman was shouting too much and drowning her voice on her own stage. It was a poor sight to behold!

A Niniola or Yemi Alade would have shut the stage down with mesmerizing performances. A Davido, yes, same frog-voice Davido would have lit the stage on fire even with his 'noise'. Though less vocal than Wizkid but his energy up and down any stage would have caused some havoc. Good havoc! the Tubaba would have on a 'FIA' level

Then came the legendary Femi Kuti and perform true to his billing and to the rescue of his counterpart

Then came again the most incredible entertainer out of Africa, Dbanj. He was a million star on the stage. His stagecraft was electrifying. They loved his stage presence and could go on and on if there was time. Infact a South African lady mentioned that although Dbanj needs to enter studio with a good producer who will help make a hit, he had a star power that was rare among performing artistes

Casper Nyovest was too good. He was damn too great on stage. Infact, Chris Martins of Coldplay even came to lace his booth live on the stage! What about Usher and Pharell williams? Magnificent!

Please dont bother to mention Ed. That guy was totally something else. He was his own choir master, guitar man, piano man, backup artiste, band and lead singer. He was just too much that people even forget there was anyone like Tiwa or wizkid on that same stage earlier

The truth is what sells our artistes here in Nigeria is just PR. No more critical review. Imagine wizkid saying live on stage, 'let's drop the African biggest song of the year in 2018' and went on to play 'soco'. That tha heck!! Who dashed him or the song biggest song of the year. Same mediocre artistes will be carting the highest numbers of awards every year when we have music power houses here in this country but never give the right platform or PR to shine!

Once some of our so called big artistes drop songs, go to social media and come and see comments hailing some of those wackos and gibberish jingles that radio and TV stations would wash down our throat. Live performance at the Global Citizen concert really exposed some of our so-called African biggest artistes!

Did you noticed as everywhere was quiet in Nigeria after the concert after our PR paying artistes performed below par. That is how we are not calling a spade what it is. That is how our artistes are not been put under immense pressure to justify the heavy money been paid to them per show. Imagine what Ed made from Tour last year which was close to $400 million. ONLY FROM TOUR! And one Teckno who can hardly play any live concert would come on social media and say 'voice was damaged' due to so much live events' performance? Did he mean all his CDs he has been performing from are now cracked or damaged? It's so pathetic!

Note this. When you have friends who hail every of your activities and cant look into your eyes and tell you the truth. Move asap or be ready for your own unpardonable downfall!

DBANJ'S PERFORMANCE LINKS

https://w
ww.instagram.com/p/Bq5fiK2nSGF/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=43v5o5z6z36g

https://www.instagram.com/goldmynetv/p/Bq41SlhFYHS/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=15na5icdc0igk

WIZKID'S

TIWA SAVAGE

CASPER PERFORMANCE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wNXyvwBqlP8

its a known fact dbanj is an entertainer per excellence...... no other I repeat no musician in Nigeria has better energy!!.....no wonder one of his album was named entertainer!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Kagney Linn Karter Commits Suicide / Roman Goddess Shares Bedroom Photo In Undies / Chioma Finally Leaves Davido - Kemi Olunloyo

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.