Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,756 members, 7,824,167 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:09 AM

How Tiwa Savage And Wizkid Embarrassed Nigeria At Global Citizen Concert In SA - Celebrities (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / How Tiwa Savage And Wizkid Embarrassed Nigeria At Global Citizen Concert In SA (72215 Views)

DJ Cuppy Meets Wyclef Jean At Global Citizen Forum (Photos, Video) / Teni Recounts How Tiwa Savage Came To Greet Her On Board A Plane / D'banj Pictured With Naomi Campbell At Global Citizen Festival (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Tiwa Savage And Wizkid Embarrassed Nigeria At Global Citizen Concert In SA by DonBenny77(m): 10:45am On Dec 04, 2018
Don't mind or Nigerian artists and fans who see criticism as hate
Re: How Tiwa Savage And Wizkid Embarrassed Nigeria At Global Citizen Concert In SA by Naughtytboy: 10:46am On Dec 04, 2018
enemmo:

You can try the diploma at Muson school, MTN foundation offer scholarships, from there you could try going abroad for further studies. Wish you the best.

http://muson.org/message-from-the-director/
thanks dear
Re: How Tiwa Savage And Wizkid Embarrassed Nigeria At Global Citizen Concert In SA by sirfemoz(m): 10:53am On Dec 04, 2018
Truth be told, WizKid lacks stage management. Dbanj can deliver anyday, anytime when it comes to stage act. He carries the crowd along and entertains them.
Re: How Tiwa Savage And Wizkid Embarrassed Nigeria At Global Citizen Concert In SA by Nature8(m): 10:56am On Dec 04, 2018
showboi222:
Truth be told, true reporting is dead in Nigeria. No more critical review. We Nigerians are now like dummies that we take everything hook, line and sinker. We dont evaluate and ask questions anymore. Anyone who critically review our leaders will be term ipod or afonja; our artistes, haters.

The other day, Oyemike told DJ cuppy the truth about her recently dropped song, and he was blasted everywhere online as haters. Osagie said similar thing about MI. All hell was let loose on the poor guys. Where is Chocolate City with MI as the President? Chocolate city that once pride as one of the best record label in Nigeria. But ass-lickers around MI and the PR press wont let him hear the truth

Can DJ cuppy perform that wack song on same stage where music enigma like Beyonce, Jayz, Usher and even Coffee of South Africa who was the performing DJ/Artiste with Usher and Pharell Wiliams yesterday were setting the stage on fire? That is absolutely 'impossicantility' of highest of the highest order!

We celebrate mediocre here in Nigeria. See wizkid performing on stage and seemed like no one was here. He was just walking and couldnt connect with the crowd. Infact, there was no communication with his DJ that he had to tell him twice to increase the tempo because the truth is, they were not feeling your wizkid!

Then Tiwa Savage...my Doro Tiwa went on stage to further embarrass the nation Naija further. Tiwa's hypeman was shouting too much and drowning her voice on her own stage. It was a poor sight to behold!

A Niniola or Yemi Alade would have shut the stage down with mesmerizing performances. A Davido, yes, same frog-voice Davido would have lit the stage on fire even with his 'noise'. Though less vocal than Wizkid but his energy up and down any stage would have caused some havoc. Good havoc! the Tubaba would have on a 'FIA' level

Then came the legendary Femi Kuti and perform true to his billing and to the rescue of his counterpart

Then came again the most incredible entertainer out of Africa, Dbanj. He was a million star on the stage. His stagecraft was electrifying. They loved his stage presence and could go on and on if there was time. Infact a South African lady mentioned that although Dbanj needs to enter studio with a good producer who will help make a hit, he had a star power that was rare among performing artistes

Casper Nyovest was too good. He was damn too great on stage. Infact, Chris Martins of Coldplay even came to lace his booth live on the stage! What about Usher and Pharell williams? Magnificent!

Please dont bother to mention Ed. That guy was totally something else. He was his own choir master, guitar man, piano man, backup artiste, band and lead singer. He was just too much that people even forget there was anyone like Tiwa or wizkid on that same stage earlier

The truth is what sells our artistes here in Nigeria is just PR. No more critical review. Imagine wizkid saying live on stage, 'let's drop the African biggest song of the year in 2018' and went on to play 'soco'. That tha heck!! Who dashed him or the song biggest song of the year. Same mediocre artistes will be carting the highest numbers of awards every year when we have music power houses here in this country but never give the right platform or PR to shine!

Once some of our so called big artistes drop songs, go to social media and come and see comments hailing some of those wackos and gibberish jingles that radio and TV stations would wash down our throat. Live performance at the Global Citizen concert really exposed some of our so-called African biggest artistes!

Did you noticed as everywhere was quiet in Nigeria after the concert after our PR paying artistes performed below par. That is how we are not calling a spade what it is. That is how our artistes are not been put under immense pressure to justify the heavy money been paid to them per show. Imagine what Ed made from Tour last year which was close to $400 million. ONLY FROM TOUR! And one Teckno who can hardly play any live concert would come on social media and say 'voice was damaged' due to so much live events' performance? Did he mean all his CDs he has been performing from are now cracked or damaged? It's so pathetic!

Note this. When you have friends who hail every of your activities and cant look into your eyes and tell you the truth. Move asap or be ready for your own unpardonable downfall!

DBANJ'S PERFORMANCE LINKS

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bq5fiK2nSGF/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=43v5o5z6z36g

https://www.instagram.com/goldmynetv/p/Bq41SlhFYHS/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=15na5icdc0igk

WIZKID'S

TIWA SAVAGE

CASPER PERFORMANCE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wNXyvwBqlP8

grin
Re: How Tiwa Savage And Wizkid Embarrassed Nigeria At Global Citizen Concert In SA by rapheal5(m): 11:11am On Dec 04, 2018
I'm davido fan but I know something was wrong with the headies award giving davido brukututu song of the year Cuz mad over deserve the song of the year
KendrickAyomide:
Ode , na Davido get lyrics abi.

"sister life is deeper, Deeper life is sister"

" Girl you are beautiful tu,my number 1 itutu,sip e brukututu, for your love itutu ,I go shook you chuku chuku"

"Baby sip e brukututu la lo kutukutu Pelu adetutu"

all his past 10 songs must have "Wire" in it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Tiwa Savage And Wizkid Embarrassed Nigeria At Global Citizen Concert In SA by kingkuntaval: 11:26am On Dec 04, 2018
KendrickAyomide:
Ode , na Davido get lyrics abi.

"sister life is deeper, Deeper life is sister"

" Girl you are beautiful tu,my number 1 itutu,sip e brukututu, for your love itutu ,I go shook you chuku chuku"

"Baby sip e brukututu la lo kutukutu Pelu adetutu"

all his past 10 songs must have "Wire" in it.

Re: How Tiwa Savage And Wizkid Embarrassed Nigeria At Global Citizen Concert In SA by Nobody: 11:33am On Dec 04, 2018
Akshow:
The same Tiwasavage that the whole internet was hailing for her performance? Dear hater have u taken ur meds today?
Go and watch the performance abeg.
That girl was just walking up and down on stage shouting I love you.
Wetin concern fans wey need performance with her love?
I didn't see wiz kid own but that Tiwa Savage own is very rubbish.
See Beyonce doing as if her career depended on that performance and Tiwa just dey do rubbish.
The truth is she is not a performer
Re: How Tiwa Savage And Wizkid Embarrassed Nigeria At Global Citizen Concert In SA by Triniti(m): 12:17pm On Dec 04, 2018
It always amaze me to see gospel artistes like Sinach & co perform incredible well with a world class performance whenever they get on stage, but the reverse has been the case with our secular artistes. Always making noise and jumping around on stage like headless chicken

1 Like

Re: How Tiwa Savage And Wizkid Embarrassed Nigeria At Global Citizen Concert In SA by johnad3(m): 12:22pm On Dec 04, 2018
showboi222:
Pictures

why dont you ask google, someone is giving fact and you are here asking for pic. If you re telling someone people that Wizkid is a pure kid on stage some would be argue, can you now see? a kid would always be a kid. I'm happy this discovery has now been made.

just take a look at maturity in Davido's video and pls listen to his lyrics and video, quality will always be pop up rather than those who called themselves KID. Davido all the way jooo
Re: How Tiwa Savage And Wizkid Embarrassed Nigeria At Global Citizen Concert In SA by Nobody: 12:28pm On Dec 04, 2018
ominilongest:
I've said it times without number, wizkid no get lyrics.. Listen to Manya,soco,nowo and fever, d same beat, artiste e no fit promote, no homo, just look at what davido is doing with DMW, mayorkun won next rated, either dremo or peruzzi go win next one,but Mr.soco and his crew never get one artiste on rookies not to talk of next rated.. Over hyped poo..#fact

Davido's lyrics are not in anyway better

All the songs he has released this year literally have the same beat and tune .

All those wack lines about wire wire and love are the songs he's singing?

2 Likes

Re: How Tiwa Savage And Wizkid Embarrassed Nigeria At Global Citizen Concert In SA by Nobody: 12:29pm On Dec 04, 2018
johnad3:

why dont you ask google, someone is giving fact and you are here asking for pic. If you re telling someone people that Wizkid is a pure kid on stage some would be argue, can you now see? a kid would always be a kid. I'm happy this discovery has now been made.

just take a look at maturity in Davido's video and pls listen to his lyrics and video, quality will always be pop up rather than those who called themselves KID. Davido all the way jooo

Nobody should take someone who says there's maturity in davido's music videos seriously .
Re: How Tiwa Savage And Wizkid Embarrassed Nigeria At Global Citizen Concert In SA by johnad3(m): 12:40pm On Dec 04, 2018
What Nigerian performer lack is that they dont know that stage performance contirubtes 90% of any award. Stage performace should be exact the track in the Album no addiction and no subtraction. And theres should be no memic or playing the track under ground before any major international Award Could be won. Dare Art Alade and Timi Dakolo are the only one qualifies for this Great Accolades, as time goes on, they will soon be recognized.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Tiwa Savage And Wizkid Embarrassed Nigeria At Global Citizen Concert In SA by tbibuzz(m): 1:21pm On Dec 04, 2018
Wiz kid used to my guy when it comes to naija music but it seems d dude dey sing rubbish now seems imm no get inspiration again
Re: How Tiwa Savage And Wizkid Embarrassed Nigeria At Global Citizen Concert In SA by MikkySexy23(m): 1:33pm On Dec 04, 2018
I tell you..DBanj was the best Nigerian performer + Femi Kuti (of course).. the hype behind Tiwa Savage as Queen of Africa was laid to rest (IMO), she did not connect at all, all lost. she wanted to even start twerking, like which yansh sef!! She should stop disturbing us with their Africa's finest (just that they got good PR)..
Re: How Tiwa Savage And Wizkid Embarrassed Nigeria At Global Citizen Concert In SA by zedman1(m): 1:44pm On Dec 04, 2018
haywire07:
The OP is so so correct. These two commenters above didn't even know there was a show, talk less of watching it

It's really quite unfortunate that my wizzy wizzy can no longer be in competition with Davido. Wizzy now lacks lyrics that he ends up repeating the same words and a scanty sentence. Thanks to his beat makers and the past glory which he is dwelling on.

If his problem is excess weed, then we all have to duff our hats for 2baba.
"Now lacks" you say? I noticed that about Wizzy a very very long time ago. Two words, a chorus, two words again , music don set. He has very good vocals but needs a writer for his songs.
Re: How Tiwa Savage And Wizkid Embarrassed Nigeria At Global Citizen Concert In SA by Rosay15(f): 1:56pm On Dec 04, 2018
badman007:

I see Russians on Nairaland. The site has been compromised to wash Nigerians sideways.

Everyone knows this is a BEEF articles. I dare any south African artist to sell out venues like wizkid
.. Okay oh
Re: How Tiwa Savage And Wizkid Embarrassed Nigeria At Global Citizen Concert In SA by Nanatrendy(f): 2:41pm On Dec 04, 2018
Such stages should be given to artists who can perform live music with a band. There are recording artists and there are artists who are good in live performance.
Re: How Tiwa Savage And Wizkid Embarrassed Nigeria At Global Citizen Concert In SA by Grantbaba: 2:44pm On Dec 04, 2018
Funny guy, all artist use auto tune, t.pain use's auto tune but watch is performance on stay and you'll be amazed. Wizkid has lost it.....with davido''s voice he shouldn't be where he is today but the guy is hardworking and tries to make sense
mynairaland2018:

1. Don't compare Wizkid to ur autotune god. That guy cannot sing live to save his life. Please go and watch him live. Screams on top CD. Just Thank god for music engineering in Davidos life. #fact.

2. Not everyone is a hyper sanguine. Does wizkid even hype himself. He had three intl collaborations last month & hyped none. Where are the artists dt tuface, dbanj, flavor, psquare, timaya etc have brought up? Don't they own their own labels too. Let everyone be their own person.

3. Wizkid is fully into afrobeats fela style now. Manya is a perfect example. It's really not for everyone so I understand how u don't get it. I just pray he never goes back to those his 1st album days of engineered afropop beats with no highlife instrumentals.

Re: How Tiwa Savage And Wizkid Embarrassed Nigeria At Global Citizen Concert In SA by Pamperme: 2:48pm On Dec 04, 2018
showboi222:

Then Tiwa Savage...my Doro Tiwa went on stage to further embarrass the nation Naija further. Tiwa's hypeman was shouting too much and drowning her voice on her own stage. It was a poor sight to behold!

You are absolutely '100%' correct on this. While watching the video, i kept saying, someone should tell this guy to shut up, let us even hear what Tiwa is singing naw. The hypeman was a total trash!!

D'banj Oh D'banj.... we all need him back with a hit to be honest! At least so i can tell my friends that, 'i told you he will be back'!!! so i can buga with him naw cry cry cry cry

Wizkid! Abeg! i dont even know what to say lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: How Tiwa Savage And Wizkid Embarrassed Nigeria At Global Citizen Concert In SA by PapaAdanna: 3:28pm On Dec 04, 2018
mynairaland2018:

And yet he does no media hype or PR. How many interviews has he done to promote songs? He also has not converted his home, & instagram to full on self promotion like David has.

Truth is Nigerians have a hunger for afrobeats, not r&b music. If not simi would have sold out all her tickets by now. Wizkid only needs to find his own 'unique showmanship' for stage. Removing shirt & dancing like dbanj will definitely not be his thing. I enjoy his gisting & partying with the audience style. I think he only needs to get vulnerable & delve deeper into it.

What I am in essence is the media has been forcing whack tunes down our throats for long.

Trust me if WIZKID were to be an upcoming most of his supposed hits will never see the light of day.

Socco, etc

1 Like

Re: How Tiwa Savage And Wizkid Embarrassed Nigeria At Global Citizen Concert In SA by QuietHammer(m): 5:26pm On Dec 04, 2018
mynairaland2018:

1. Don't compare Wizkid to ur autotune god. That guy cannot sing live to save his life. Please go and watch him live. Screams on top CD. Just Thank god for music engineering in Davidos life. #fact.

2. Not everyone is a hyper sanguine. Does wizkid even hype himself. He had three intl collaborations last month & hyped none. Where are the artists dt tuface, dbanj, flavor, psquare, timaya etc have brought up? Don't they own their own labels too. Let everyone be their own person.

3. Wizkid is fully into afrobeats fela style now. Manya is a perfect example. It's really not for everyone so I understand how u don't get it. I just pray he never goes back to those his 1st album days of engineered afropop beats with no highlife instrumentals.

Wizkid fully into Fela's afrobeats style? Hell no. No one comes close, not even his son Femi. Please listen to more of Fela, I'm sure you'll modify this comment thereafter.

2 Likes

Re: How Tiwa Savage And Wizkid Embarrassed Nigeria At Global Citizen Concert In SA by grrr: 8:01pm On Dec 04, 2018
well i believe that is your opinion @ OP cos i watched the video and i really loved the performances of those you criticized. There was no problem with their delivery and acceptance except that Tiwas hype man was just everywhere and overdid his hyping just like you said

1 Like

Re: How Tiwa Savage And Wizkid Embarrassed Nigeria At Global Citizen Concert In SA by victorian(f): 8:56pm On Dec 04, 2018
Truth be told Dbanj need Don jazzy as his producer to blow again. Likewise Don jazzy needs Dbanj to become relevant once more.
Those two together are dynamites.
If only they can place their pride aside, fuckkk what people will say and make it happen again.
Re: How Tiwa Savage And Wizkid Embarrassed Nigeria At Global Citizen Concert In SA by Timagex(m): 1:37am On Dec 05, 2018
Benjamin08:

dude I know y he didn't perform but am afraid of u bcause of ur name and signature

pls tell us sir, my name is safe cool cheesy
Re: How Tiwa Savage And Wizkid Embarrassed Nigeria At Global Citizen Concert In SA by Mintmoney(m): 11:11am On Dec 05, 2018
Finally here is someone who is thinking... You made a lot of point here.

As a DJ sometimes I really get ashamed of some of our big names in Nigeria especially when it comes to live events. They suck like mad..

Just like you noted...The PR people are doing a good job for them.
Re: How Tiwa Savage And Wizkid Embarrassed Nigeria At Global Citizen Concert In SA by Ayobami7(m): 3:50pm On Dec 05, 2018
各大主流音乐平台同步上线!
Re: How Tiwa Savage And Wizkid Embarrassed Nigeria At Global Citizen Concert In SA by Lakeside247(m): 12:54am On Dec 06, 2018
WIZKID PERFORMANCE @ GLOBAL CITIZENS FESTIVAL WAS SO WACK,TERRIBLE...THE GUY IS A LAZY DUDE ,NO ENERGY
Re: How Tiwa Savage And Wizkid Embarrassed Nigeria At Global Citizen Concert In SA by daveP(m): 10:28am On Dec 06, 2018
Chrisbeks:

Wizkid performed well, Tiwa too had a wonderful performance, don't mind the op, he's just hating
one of the problems of the Music Industry. wack performance. dyu think people that paid would goan watch and hail such mediocrity?

be doing blind fan base there. That's how to win Grammy in your village ba?
Re: How Tiwa Savage And Wizkid Embarrassed Nigeria At Global Citizen Concert In SA by daveP(m): 10:37am On Dec 06, 2018
They think to just enter that small sound resistant room. called studio is all there is.

What is reigning all over the music world now is stage performance. If you can work the crowd forget it, you're dope. I'm not talking of making them scream. Like they mime your song you're so wowed that they all know every lyric. Like that Rapper that came to Nigeria. Jackson?

Can't they learn from Dbanj's and 2baba's careers?

See if you want to succeed then be very ready for criticisms. Once you're a critic, you're directly a hater, only to Nigerians. Y'all should grow up so we'd get that Grammy fast.

Signing Pepsi deals is not the height of it.

Makes me wonder why most of these international labels that sign our acts have issues often.

End this haters punchline!!!

Local champions!!

They can't even match the energy that Psquare had on the African continent and they want to be great.

Those guys made people faint right from the airport man. People fainted.

They should get serious and reduce the weed intake. see what it's made local star boy to be doing now.

A boy can't be a boy forever, He must be a man forever though.
Re: How Tiwa Savage And Wizkid Embarrassed Nigeria At Global Citizen Concert In SA by daveP(m): 10:50am On Dec 06, 2018
johnad3:
What Nigerian performer lack is that they dont know that stage performance contirubtes 90% of any award. Stage performace should be exact the track in the Album no addiction and no subtraction. And theres should be no memic or playing the track under ground before any major international Award Could be won. Dare Art Alade and Timi Dakolo are the only one qualifies for this Great Accolades, as time goes on, they will soon be recognized.

Not only that sef. What of the wack lyrics most of them release daily and cos the beat is "dope" people forget about the lyrics.

All sort of nonsense that an international judge that might want to scrutinize your work would be lost at. They don't even have meaning, all is just waking and always about sex sex and making her suffer in bed, and alcohol. Like seriously? Some know this and they blame the wackness on the fact that the audience Don appreciate good lyrics.

Well Adekunle and Falz, Simi are there and they are doing very well.

Some lyrics sef if you siddon look am for paper, you go dey reason if na you like d song reach crazy level. Very unimaginable!!!

If I allow my kid hear this song, can he remember it when he turns 20? Why cos the lyrics are crappy.

I still remember Sade Adult lyrics till date. what that heck... but it's not just good music, they portray art!!

Yansh shaking and making her suffer isn't!!! Lol.

The earlier the better.

That's why it's paining me that Waje paused.

If she has half the budget these wack lyricist have, she'd win stuff.

Dbanj has lyrics also, that cos he memorizes them, he don't need lip sync no more.
Re: How Tiwa Savage And Wizkid Embarrassed Nigeria At Global Citizen Concert In SA by folake4u(f): 2:09pm On Dec 06, 2018
daveP:
They think to just enter that small sound resistant room. called studio is all there is.

What is reigning all over the music world now is stage performance. If you can work the crowd forget it, you're dope. I'm not talking of making them scream. Like they mime your song you're so wowed that they all know every lyric. Like that Rapper that came to Nigeria. Jackson?

Can't they learn from Dbanj's and 2baba's careers?

See if you want to succeed then be very ready for criticisms. Once you're a critic, you're directly a hater, only to Nigerians. Y'all should grow up so we'd get that Grammy fast.

Signing Pepsi deals is not the height of it.

Makes me wonder why most of these international labels that sign our acts have issues often.

End this haters punchline!!!

Local champions!!

They can't even match the energy that Psquare had on the African continent and they want to be great.

Those guys made people faint right from the airport man. People fainted.

They should get serious and reduce the weed intake. see what it's made local star boy to be doing now.

A boy can't be a boy forever, He must be a man forever though.

Apt!
Preach!!
They cant hear you at the back!!!
Re: How Tiwa Savage And Wizkid Embarrassed Nigeria At Global Citizen Concert In SA by Ericzano: 1:22pm On Dec 11, 2018
If they say wizkid wore shot.. What about pharell williams.??

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Top 10 Most Glamorous UNN Campus Babes / P. Diddy: Coronavirus Killing A Lot Of Blacks In The U.S. / Photoshopped Engagement Picture Of Wizkid And Lindaikeji

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.