Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,294 members, 7,836,284 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:47 AM

Nddc Failure To Pay Contractors - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nddc Failure To Pay Contractors (449 Views)

President Buhari To Commission Nddc's Apartment Complex For Police / Calling Solar Contractors, Companies, Engineers, Installers And Marketers In / No Failure Empowerment Scheme "Real Or Another Mmm" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nddc Failure To Pay Contractors by Nobody: 12:39pm On Dec 03, 2018
I have noticed that the NDDC is commencing new projects when they have refused to pay for some projects executed since 2012. My boss just lost his house to the bank, because of the loans he secured to execute an NDDC solar powered street light contract in rivers state in 2010. They just destroyed the life of a legitimate hard working contractor, who made sure he completed his contract to meet global standard, but yet, the NDDC have refused to pay him up, thereby making him lose his property to the bank.
It is just saddening that a hardworking man has lost everything to the ineptitude of the Nigerian system, I know some other contractors who have died of frustration because of humongous debts. What can be done by my boss to get payment for the contract he executed?
He is very withdrawn now and he might be contemplating suicide, such a genuine hardworking man, just because of a failed system.

I would need suggestions on how he can get paid and get his life back on track.

Please if anyone knows how to make him get his due payment, you can also drop your suggestions here.
Re: Nddc Failure To Pay Contractors by Nobody: 12:42pm On Dec 03, 2018
With the huge allocation that goes into the NDDC coffers, they should be conveniently able to pay up their debt, but alas, the money is embezzled and the life of contractors are ruined. This is also part of the reason why foreign investors are scared of coming into the country, our inability to honor the written texts of a contract.
Now I don’t blame contractors when I hear that funds are embezzled, because when you think of the amount being owed them, and the get the opportunity to get a fair amount of money as mobilization, some prefer to just cut their losses and move on to other things, instead of sinking the fund in the project and at the end of the day not being payed for the completed project, or some even end up in life ruining debts.
Mod please move this to the front page, it is urgent

Tabbaz, seun, lalastical, and other mods and super mods
Re: Nddc Failure To Pay Contractors by yandevboy: 3:51pm On Dec 03, 2018
Slonge2:
I have noticed that the NDDC is commencing new projects when they have refused to pay for some projects executed since 2012. My boss just lost his house to the bank, because of the loans he secured to execute an NDDC solar powered street light contract in rivers state in 2010. They just destroyed the life of a legitimate hard working contractor, who made sure he completed his contract to meet global standard, but yet, the NDDC have refused to pay him up, thereby making him lose his property to the bank.
It is just saddening that a hardworking man has lost everything to the ineptitude of the Nigerian system, I know some other contractors who have died of frustration because of humongous debts. What can be done by my boss to get payment for the contract he executed?
He is very withdrawn now and he might be contemplating suicide, such a genuine hardworking man, just because of a failed system.

I would need suggestions on how he can get paid and get his life back on track.

Please if anyone knows how to make him get his due payment, you can also drop your suggestions here.

It is sad to know that your boss is going through such ordeal after duly executing his contract like you said.

Are you sure the contract(s) were duly executed according to specification like you said? What percentage of completion are the job(s) in question?

Hope all his documentation regarding these job(s) are available?

How many jobs are we talking about and how much is NDDC owing your Boss

I could render some help
Re: Nddc Failure To Pay Contractors by Nobody: 4:13pm On Dec 03, 2018
yandevboy:

It is sad to know that your boss is going through such ordeal after duly executing his contract like you said.

Are you sure the contract(s) were duly executed according to specification like you said? What percentage of completion are the job(s) in question?

Hope all his documentation regarding these job(s) are available?

How many jobs are we talking about and how much is NDDC owing your Boss

I could render some help
the contract were 100% completed, he has all the necessary documentation, he has even been processed for payment but they are claiming there paucity of funds. He executed the contract to perfection, most of his colleagues even consult him when it comes to such solar powered street light contracts. Even after they had completed the contract and some youth sabotaged it by stealing some batteries, he replaced all and brought them back to standard
Re: Nddc Failure To Pay Contractors by yandevboy: 4:28pm On Dec 03, 2018
Slonge2:
the contract were 100% completed, he has all the necessary documentation, he has even been processed for payment but they are claiming there paucity of funds. He executed the contract to perfection, most of his colleagues even consult him when it comes to such solar powered street light contracts. Even after they had completed the contract and some youth sabotaged it by stealing some batteries, he replaced all and brought them back to standard

That's good to know.

Send me your number, i will call you then we take it up from there.

By God's grace, he will be paid soonest
Re: Nddc Failure To Pay Contractors by yandevboy: 5:18pm On Dec 03, 2018
Slonge2:

Better still

Send me your number to bubblynic112 AT gmail.com

Your boss will be paid.

(1) (Reply)

Make More Sales In 2019 / Database For Sell / Make Meaningful Income Daily Or Weekly During This Pandemic Period...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.