Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,079 members, 7,838,720 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 08:19 AM

General Institutional Stupidity Of Most Nigerians - The Bakassi/obudu Case - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / General Institutional Stupidity Of Most Nigerians - The Bakassi/obudu Case (3267 Views)

Boko Haram: Always Tell Nigerians The Truth – Ezekwesili To Buhari / Nigerians Deceiving Nigerians - The Ben Murray-bruce I Know (pics) - Cramjones / The Culture Of Nigerian Mental Indolence - The Root Of The Bakassi Problem (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Institutional Stupidity Of Most Nigerians - The Bakassi/obudu Case by hardywaltz(m): 3:36pm On Aug 01, 2010
@ Huxley, i've gone through the irritation of reading your post twice and twice i have come up with the same conclusion. You are just a very BIG FOOL trying to sound intelligent. in your post u didn't present any evidence or otherwise that the said land could actually belong to Cameroon. All u did was insult and insult.
When it comes to boundary issues it up to the governments (of the day) of both countries to decide on the next course of action (peace or war). Bakassi was WILLINGLY signed out to Cameroon by Gowon for reason best known to him therefore Obj had no other choice but to hand it over to Camelroon.
The Alaska peninsula was willingly signed away by Russian to the US, though they wish they could revoke it but 'an agreement is an agreement'. Hong Kong was also retaken by the Chinese @ the end of the agreed terms with Britian. Several countries are currently @ war over one silly land dispute and the world court can do nothing about it. A little lesson in history Hitler tryed to recapture Austria, Hungary and other old German territories to unify them back as PRUSSIA that led the entire world to war. North Korea tried to reclaim so land from the South it resulted to the Korean war.
Historically Isreal shouldn't be were it is today but the Isrealies have told historians like u to kiss thier behind and keep grabing more territories wheneva the need arises, so u cam as well shove those plebiscite written by some hungry fellow up your camelroonian behind.

PS:  if Cameroon tries any silly thing this time around 'WAR WAR WAR' thats what they will get, you know why coz thatz what the entire Nigerians will demand and as Julius Ceaser said - 'always give the masses what they want especially blood'.
Re: General Institutional Stupidity Of Most Nigerians - The Bakassi/obudu Case by THEAMAKA(f): 3:47pm On Aug 01, 2010
huxley:

Hello,

Very good questions - The first thing I would say is - Let's check the claim in law, history or any other sources that may validate the claim. If the Nigerian claims proves to be backed by these sources, I would whole-heartedly be in favour of handing the land over to Nigeria.

The Last LAST LAST thing I would even suggest is WAR.

WAR is for empty-headed people. The fact that MOST Nigerians are so much in favour of WAR suggests to me that MOST Nigerian are empty-headed. ( NOTE - I use the word "MOST" loosely, simply from the comments on this forum. It may in fact be the case that if the entire Nigerian population was surveyed, the majority may not be in favour of war)
UHM. . . EXCUSE ME?
you can't say "Most" anything even if it is just NL, because this is NL not real life.
unless they carried out a nation-wide poll where 51% or more of the Nigerians agreed to go to war.
MTCHEEEEEEWWWW!!!
basically what I'm saying is Cameroonians would sit all quiet and prance around if they believed that Nigeria was trying to encroach on their land?
Re: General Institutional Stupidity Of Most Nigerians - The Bakassi/obudu Case by wirinet(m): 3:48pm On Aug 01, 2010
huxley:

Hello Wirinet,

Nice to see you on this subject.  I wrote in this tone deliberately to provoke a reaction given the vitriol I had noticed on the other threat directed towards Cameroon.  It seemed to me that most Nigerians, instead of asking questions about the validity of the land claim, which would be the thing any reasoning people should do first, were rattling their sabres.  This post was really directed at those who are eager and trigger-happy to pull out the sword, rather than to engage their brain.

That should be expected, given the acrimonious conflict that arose due to the prologue Bakassi dispute, where some  civilians and soldiers lost their lives.  So another inkling of another conflict would trigger a very emotional response.

huxley:

Human beings are capable of being rational if we so desire or if we are conditioned to think rationally at all times. Whether this claim from Cameroon is frivolous or not, and in spite of what happened about Bakassi, this is not the time nor occasion to act emotionally. Rational thinkers do not resort to the slovenness of emotional over-reaction whatever the circumstance.

I disagree with the above statements. Human being are incapable of rationality at all times, especially when there is emotional attachment to the subject matter. That is why it is considered foolish for a Lawyer to handle his own case or for a doctor to operate a close family member. We are emotional creatures, and all our decisions  are in some way are controlled by emotions. The advertising sector preys on emotions so does religion.

huxley:

Rationalism demands that we ask deep and search questions about ourselves and in this case, about the validity of the land claim. I was condamning the almost universal knee-jerk fashion by most people (particularly Nigerians and Cameroonians, I must say) to not engage their BRAINS, but to act rather emotionally.  Emotional rewaction is what usually drive people to WARS.  But if people learn to sit and ask the right questions first and formulate a policy and principle from their deliberation of such questions, they are more likely than not to come to a more rational and peaceful decision.

Validity of Land claims is neither here nor there, if you go back far enough, it always boils down to Military or Political Conquests. Cameroon and Nigeria were not in existence 150million years ago, they were created as a result of Military and Political conquest by European nations. At that time we had a Benin Kingdom that reached former Dahomey. The Benin Kingdom was conquered and also divided up by the Europeans. So should be say that Benin Republic actually belong to Benin Kingdom? I strongly feel it was a crime against humanity the way we were carved up in Africa, where disunity and distrust was unnecessarily created between same people, while the Europeans enjoyed Ethnic Harmony and Homogeneity. That is the main Bane of Africa's development.

Land disputes are always an emotional issue, be it personal, tribal, national or international. People die every in family land disputes. I know because i am in the construction industry.

huxley:

Now, were you speaking about yourself as well when you said Nigerians are still traumatised from the loss of Bakassi?  If you are a rational person, why would that be, particularly if you are not directly connected with people or interests in the area?  For instance, if Cameroon were to cede 10000 hectares of land to Central Africa Republic, and if the inhabitants of this land are not going to be ill-treated and worse off in their new country, and if I have no direct interests there, I would NOT be bothered in the least.

Why are were you emotionally disturbed with Nigerian losing Bakassi to Cameroon?  Have you got connections there who may now find themselves in a different country?  What if these people and resettle in Nigeria and compensated for their loss of land and properties?

Man, put on your thinking cap and learn to think things throught rather than respond in the emotional fashion you have just done.

I said Nigeria as a country and as a people are still trying to recover from loosing Bakassi. It is an emotional topic and even the Nigerian Media avoids discussing it, and when it does you will hear lots of vitriolic abuses being aimed at the Obasanjo Government for ceding our land. Some groups have even threatened to take the former present to Nigerian courts for the action. Believe me when i say most Nigerians have not gotten over ceding of Bakassi, as is seen in the post your mentioned.

huxley:

I am very surprised and disappointed to see you make the above comment.  LAWS do not exist as an entity in nature - they exist as a result of a consensus within and between community to have a principle by which to rule and guide civil life.  Remember, LAWS are the outcome of some sort of universal consensus.  If you say things are not settle in courts, does it mean that Nigeria has not Court of Laws?  Or if it does, why does it need them?  Are all matters that are eventually settled in courts settled in an amicable fashion?

I am surprised, you are surprised by the comment. Maybe you did not take time to read the comment, considering i put it in bold letters so you do not miss it.  so here is it again. I said  Land Issues[b] Cannot Be Settled By International Law[/b].  Even though we have UN, Sovereign nations are still just that - Sovereign. So that means that the Laws of a sovereign state is supreme. If a country decides, not to sign any UN charter or treaty, that is that. The best other Sovereign states can do is to apply punitive measures or at best declare war. If Nigeria decides not to submit to World Court, there is little any one can do. And after, submitting to the World Court and got and unfavourable judgment, she can still decide to ignore the judgments  and await whatever consequences - others have done it before, so it would not be novel.

huxley:

Consider the case of a married couple going to court to settle their divorce, and supposing one of them feels particularly hard-done-by by the settlement.  And suppose divorce is granted in court amid all sorts of acrimony.  Should one or both parties continue to consider sheself/himself married because the court settlement was not done amicably?

Should an armed robber, caught in the act and found guilty in court consider himself innocent because he disputes the verdicts of the courts?

Your notion of the law would lead any society into chaos and incivility in a matter of seconds in people were to disregard the courts.  The fact that some countries, notably US and Israel, disregard the verdict of international courts does not mean that there are on the side of justice.  Far from it.

The above examples has no relevance to my statement, except you consider divorce and armed robbery part of international law.
Re: General Institutional Stupidity Of Most Nigerians - The Bakassi/obudu Case by huxley(m): 4:19pm On Aug 01, 2010
wirinet:

That should be expected, given the acrimonious conflict that arose due to the prologue Bakassi dispute, where some  civilians and soldiers lost their lives.  So another inkling of another conflict would trigger a very emotional response.

I disagree with the above statements. Human being are incapable of rationality at all times, especially when there is emotional attachment to the subject matter. That is why it is considered foolish for a Lawyer to handle his own case or for a doctor to operate a close family member. We are emotional creatures, and all our decisions  are in some way are controlled by emotions. The advertising sector preys on emotions so does religion.

Validity of Land claims is neither here nor there, if you go back far enough, it always boils down to Military or Political Conquests. Cameroon and Nigeria were not in existence 150million years ago, they were created as a result of Military and Political conquest by European nations. At that time we had a Benin Kingdom that reached former Dahomey. The Benin Kingdom was conquered and also divided up by the Europeans. So should be say that Benin Republic actually belong to Benin Kingdom? I strongly feel it was a crime against humanity the way we were carved up in Africa, where disunity and distrust was unnecessarily created between same people, while the Europeans enjoyed Ethnic Harmony and Homogeneity. That is the main Bane of Africa's development.

Land disputes are always an emotional issue, be it personal, tribal, national or international. People die every in family land disputes. I know because i am in the construction industry.

I said Nigeria as a country and as a people are still trying to recover from loosing Bakassi. It is an emotional topic and even the Nigerian Media avoids discussing it, and when it does you will hear lots of vitriolic abuses being aimed at the Obasanjo Government for ceding our land. Some groups have even threatened to take the former present to Nigerian courts for the action. Believe me when i say most Nigerians have not gotten over ceding of Bakassi, as is seen in the post your mentioned.

I am surprised, you are surprised by the comment. Maybe you did not take time to read the comment, considering i put it in bold letters so you do not miss it.  so here is it again. I said  Land Issues[b] Cannot Be Settled By International Law[/b].  Even though we have UN, Sovereign nations are still just that - Sovereign. So that means that the Laws of a sovereign state is supreme. If a country decides, not to sign any UN charter or treaty, that is that. The best other Sovereign states can do is to apply punitive measures or at best declare war. If Nigeria decides not to submit to World Court, there is little any one can do. And after, submitting to the World Court and got and unfavourable judgment, she can still decide to ignore the judgments  and await whatever consequences - others have done it before, so it would not be novel.

The above examples has no relevance to my statement, except you consider divorce and armed robbery part of international law.

Hello,

The Nigerians are acting emotionally because they have been conditioned by their culture, media and politicians to be emotive rather than rational.  Even the large majority of the Nigerian intellectual class, if such a thing could be said to still exist in Nigeria have their share of guilty for not trying to educate the largely ignorant and poorly educated masses.

But such a thing cannot be said of this Nigerian intellectual, medical doctor and historian Nowa Omoigui , who has actaully taken the trouble to study the issue and has written it up in this report about the whole affair.  If only most people would take time to deliberate before acting emotionally.

http://www.omoigui.com/files/the_bakassi_story.pdf
Re: General Institutional Stupidity Of Most Nigerians - The Bakassi/obudu Case by THEAMAKA(f): 4:27pm On Aug 01, 2010
[size=17pt]WOMP WOMP WOMP WOMP![/size]

tongue tongue tongue
Re: General Institutional Stupidity Of Most Nigerians - The Bakassi/obudu Case by koruji(m): 4:44pm On Aug 01, 2010
@huxley
I guess by that measure everyone that ever had any historical claim to Cameroun land should begin checking the "history" books - the Bantus that were kicked off this area aeons ago are about to repossess their land, and the people of Cameroun can move into the world wide ocean.

How do you even define law, history or other sources as regards historical land occupation? On what basis do you set a point in time as the reference for laying claim to land? These questions apparently have no concrete answer and anybody that pretends otherwise either has submitted himself to someone else's decision or has a vested interest in their self-chosen date. In your case, the latter is very true.

The only sound basis for deciding on a disputed piece of land between nations is to conduct a time-relevant referendum on the issue. Given the protest raised by Bakassi residents OBJ should have argued for such a referendum before the UN rather than ignorantly sign away people's lives.

So, if Cameroun thinks there is a mumu next door who can be dragged through the mud of pseudo-arguments, begining with your half-baked deceit, then something else is coming. We will change the reference point for you - then we can talk.

huxley:

Hello,

Very good questions - The first thing I would say is - Let's check the claim in law, history or any other sources that may validate the claim. If the Nigerian claims proves to be backed by these sources, I would whole-heartedly be in favour of handing the land over to Nigeria.

WAR is for empty-headed people. The fact that MOST Nigerians are so much in favour of WAR suggests to me that MOST Nigerian are empty-headed. ( NOTE - I use the word "MOST" loosely, simply from the comments on this forum. It may in fact be the case that if the entire Nigerian population was surveyed, the majority may not be in favour of war)
Re: General Institutional Stupidity Of Most Nigerians - The Bakassi/obudu Case by huxley(m): 4:54pm On Aug 01, 2010
koruji:

@huxley
I guess by that measure everyone that ever had any historical claim to Cameroun land should begin checking the "history" books - the Bantus that were kicked off this area aeons ago are about to repossess their land, and the people of Cameroun can move into the world wide ocean.

How do you even define law, history or other sources as regards historical land occupation? On what basis do you set a point in time as the reference for laying claim to land? These questions apparently have no concrete answer and anybody that pretends otherwise either has submitted himself to someone else's decision or has a vested interest in their self-chosen date. In your case, the latter is very true.

The only sound basis for deciding on a disputed piece of land between nations is to conduct a time-relevant referendum on the issue. Given the protest raised by Bakassi residents OBJ should have argued for such a referendum before the UN rather than ignorantly sign away people's lives.

So, if Cameroun thinks there is a mumu next door who can be dragged through the mud of pseudo-arguments, begining with your half-baked deceit, then something else is coming. We will change the reference point for you - then we can talk.

Such a referandum has already been conducted in 1961 at the time the borders were being decided, and the people of Bakassi voted overwhelming in favour of joining Cameroon. This is an excerpt from the report I posted ealier. That decision cannot be made null and void by the fact that more Nigerians have over the years migrated and settled there.

Remember, Cameroon ceded a lot of land to Nigeria in the same period. Supposing that many Cameroonians have now settled in the land Cameroon ceded to Nigeria in the 60s, should we now conduct another referandum now to decide whether such land should remain Nigerian or returned to Cameroon?
:

=============================================================================
12. On February 11th and 12th 1961, a plebiscite was held to " clarify the wishes of the
people living in Northern and Southern Cameroons ". The population of Northern
Cameroons had earlier - in 1959 - "decided to achieve independence by joining the
independent Federation of Nigeria", while the population of Southern Cameroons, whose
plebiscite could not be done in 1959 for security reasons, now "decided to achieve
independence by joining the independent Republic of Cameroon" (General Assembly
resolution 1608 (XV) of 21 April 1961). Note that there were 21 polling stations on the
Bakassi peninsula itself and that 73% of the people living there voted to "achieve
independence by joining the independent Republic of Cameroon". (Note the blunder here.
By spelling it as "Cameroon", rather than "Cameroun", the UN created an opening for the
people of the "Southern Cameroons" to say they never voted to join "Cameroun" which is
the former French territory.

13. In 1962, the government of Tafawa Balewa exchanged diplomatic notes with
Cameroun acknowledging the fact that Bakassi was not Nigerian territory. General
Gowon was a T/Captain. Maps from that period show Bakassi peninsula in Cameroun,
following the results of the 1961 plebiscite.
Re: General Institutional Stupidity Of Most Nigerians - The Bakassi/obudu Case by Faeb: 4:55pm On Aug 01, 2010
huxley:

Hello,

Very good questions - The first thing I would say is - Let's check the claim in law, history or any other sources that may validate the claim.  If the Nigerian claims proves to be backed by these sources, I would whole-heartedly be in favour of handing the land over to Nigeria.

WAR is for empty-headed people.  The fact that MOST Nigerians are so much in favour of WAR suggests to me that MOST Nigerian are empty-headed. ( NOTE - I use the word "MOST" loosely,  simply from the comments on this forum.  It may in fact be the case that if the entire Nigerian population was surveyed, the majority may not be in favour of war)

You are right, your logic is faultless. Most Nigerians would love to "discuss" the matter, stressing great points and like NNS Aradu, NNS Olokun and bomb trajectories to Younde. . .  grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

[size=14pt]You dreamers will surely hear Nigerian bombs "discussing" in Younde and crushing Doula with the sound, "Ogudu!" "Ogudu!" "Ogudu!" "Ogudu!" [/size] grin grin grin grin grin

Re: General Institutional Stupidity Of Most Nigerians - The Bakassi/obudu Case by Nobody: 5:06pm On Aug 01, 2010
Faeb:

You are right, your logic is faultless. Most Nigerians would love to "discuss" the matter, stressing great points and like NNS Aradu, NNS Olokun and bomb trajectories to Younde. . . grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

[size=14pt]You dreamers will surely hear Nigerian bombs "discussing" in Younde and crushing Doula with the sound, "Ogudu!" "Ogudu!" "Ogudu!" "Ogudu!" [/size] grin grin grin grin grin

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah
LWKMD aswerigad.
Re: General Institutional Stupidity Of Most Nigerians - The Bakassi/obudu Case by ikeyman00(m): 5:13pm On Aug 01, 2010
@@@@@@@@

Very good questions - The first thing I would say is - Let's check the claim in law, history or any other sources that may validate the claim.  If the Nigerian claims proves to be backed by these sources, I would whole-heartedly be in favour of handing the land over to Nigeria

poster

what a hell does that suppose to be in the new world we are living ehuh

to be honest u are a joke of the year

try to tell the English to stay way from the Falcons

try to tell the Israel to stay away from Gaza

then i will probably picture where u are coming from

u are a retard,Muppet; Ur brain cell all gone dead; and most of all u think from Ur ikebe to appease Ur slavery-mentality
Re: General Institutional Stupidity Of Most Nigerians - The Bakassi/obudu Case by koruji(m): 5:13pm On Aug 01, 2010
If you conducted a referendum and "won", but failed to take possession of the land or secure it, whose fault is that? Why would you consider a plebiscite in 1961 relevant if conducting another one forty years later would give a different result.

Mind you, the statement "more Nigerians have over the years migrated and settled there" is not really valid. It was most likely the same group of people that grew in population over 40 years under Nigerian rule. They were neglected by Cameroun, and after 40 years of neglect their descendants simply didn't want to be Camerounians - that is the basis for a new plebiscite.

Cameroun and whoever is goading it should refrain from making any more silly claims. You can't just change people's nationality anyhow, wiping out identities they have built for themselves. Now that you have Bakassi, just make sure that 40 years hence the people would be able to proudly say they are Camerounians. Otherwise such useless land-grabbing may actually backfire if you continue to incorporate more nominal Camerounians, but actual Nigerians, in your nation. Incidentally, the write-up by Omoigui that you forwarded included this paragraph:

"Late President Ahmadou Ahidjo of Cameroun was a Fulani man whose father was originally from Kano in Nigeria. His mother was from Garoua in Cameroun. In fact Ahidjo grew up around Yola and Mubi in Nigeria and was a playmate of Senator Iya Abubakar. His former District Head in Nigeria, Ambassador Malabu, was made Ambassador to Cameroun to cement the relationship. It is said that every time late Alhaji Ahidjo saw late Alhaji Malabu he would genuflect."

Gof figure.

huxley:

Such a referandum has already been conducted in 1961 at the time the borders were being decided, and the people of Bakassi voted overwhelming in favour of joining Cameroon. This is an excerpt from the report I posted ealier. That decision cannot be made null and void by the fact that more Nigerians have over the years migrated and settled there.

Remember, Cameroon ceded a lot of land to Nigeria in the same period. Supposing that many Cameroonians have now settled in the land Cameroon ceded to Nigeria in the 60s, should we now conduct another referandum now to decide whether such land should remain Nigerian or returned to Cameroon?
:

12. On February 11th and 12th 1961, a plebiscite was held to " clarify the wishes of the
Cameroons had earlier - in 1959 - "decided to achieve independence by joining the
independent Federation of Nigeria", while the population of Southern Cameroons, whose
plebiscite could not be done in 1959 for security reasons, now "decided to achieve
independence by joining the independent Republic of Cameroon" (General Assembly
resolution 1608 (XV) of 21 April 1961). Note that there were 21 polling stations on the
Bakassi peninsula itself and that 73% of the people living there voted to "achieve
independence by joining the independent Republic of Cameroon". (Note the blunder here.
By spelling it as "Cameroon", rather than "Cameroun", the UN created an opening for the
people of the "Southern Cameroons" to say they never voted to join "Cameroun" which is

13. In 1962, the government of Tafawa Balewa exchanged diplomatic notes with
Cameroun acknowledging the fact that Bakassi was not Nigerian territory. General
Gowon was a T/Captain. Maps from that period show Bakassi peninsula in Cameroun,
following the results of the 1961 plebiscite.
Re: General Institutional Stupidity Of Most Nigerians - The Bakassi/obudu Case by huxley(m): 5:15pm On Aug 01, 2010
If there are Nigerians out there who can read and have the faculty to understand and be rationa, please read this report (http://www.omoigui.com/files/the_bakassi_story.pdf)  in its entirety, or at least the excerpts below:

12. On February 11th and 12th 1961, a plebiscite was held to " clarify the wishes of the people living in Northern and Southern Cameroons ". The population of Northern Cameroons had earlier - in 1959 - "decided to achieve independence by joining the independent Federation of Nigeria", while the population of Southern Cameroons, whose plebiscite could not be done in 1959 for security reasons, now "decided to achieve
independence by joining the independent Republic of Cameroon" (General Assembly resolution 1608 (XV) of 21 April 1961). Note that there were 21 polling stations on the Bakassi peninsula itself and that 73% of the people living there voted to "achieve independence by joining the independent Republic of Cameroon". (Note the blunder here. By spelling it as "Cameroon", rather than "Cameroun", the UN created an opening for the
people of the "Southern Cameroons" to say they never voted to join "Cameroun" which is the former French territory.

13. In 1962, the government of Tafawa Balewa exchanged diplomatic notes with Cameroun acknowledging the fact that Bakassi was not Nigerian territory. General Gowon was a T/Captain. Maps from that period show Bakassi peninsula in Cameroun, following the results of the 1961 plebiscite.

14. In January 1966, Major General Ironsi came to power in Nigeria. He committed his government to respect all prior international agreements made by the Balewa government. Maps from that period show Bakassi peninsula in Cameroun.

15. In July 1966, then Lt. Col. Gowon came to power in Nigeria. He too committed his government to respect all prior international agreements made by the Ironsi and Balewa governments. Maps from that period show Bakassi peninsula in Cameroun

16. In 1970, moves began to be made by independent Cameroun and post-civil war Nigeria to clarify their maritime border which was vaguely defined by the 1913 Anglo-German Treaty. Maps from that period show Bakassi peninsula in Cameroun, but the offshore boundary was unclear since there was no detailed demarkation of the "navigable portion" of the approach channel to the Calabar estuary. Then Attorney General Elias correctly advised the Gowon government that post-colonial Nigeria had no legal basis for contesting the Bakassi peninsula itself, but that work to delimit the offshore boundary and
vague sections of the land boundary should proceed at full speed in accordance with the original Anglo-German Treaty of 1913. The technical problem thus became deciding exactly what part was "navigable" and what was not. It is this matter that was addressed on April 4th, 1971 at Yaoundé when Nigeria's General Gowon and Cameroun President Ahidjo, accompanied by large delegations, signed the "Coker-Ngo" Line on British
Admiralty Chart No. 3433 "as far as the 3-nautical-mile limit." The status of the Bakassi peninsula proper was not an issue for discussion. Maps from that period show Bakassi peninsula in Cameroun.

17. On June 1st, 1975, Gowon and Ahidjo signed the Maroua Declaration for the partial extension of the 1971 maritime boundary. Again, the status of the Bakassi peninsula proper was not even an issue for discussion. Maps from that period show Bakassi peninsula in Cameroun.

====================================================================================================

Now, if you did not know this,  ask yourself - Why is it you did not know this?

Were you not educated properly about the modern history of your country?  Did you not seek to educate yourself about your country's modern history? Have the media you your country failed to educate you about this?

OR are you just very simple-minded, dumb, stup1d, trigger-happy and plain ignorant, someone whom no amount of education could change your benighted?
Re: General Institutional Stupidity Of Most Nigerians - The Bakassi/obudu Case by wirinet(m): 5:24pm On Aug 01, 2010
huxley:

Such a referandum has already been conducted in 1961 at the time the borders were being decided, and the people of Bakassi voted overwhelming in favour of joining Cameroon.  This is an excerpt from the report I posted ealier.  That decision cannot be made null and void by the fact that more Nigerians have over the years migrated and settled there.

Remember, Cameroon ceded a lot of land to Nigeria in the same period.  Supposing that many Cameroonians have now settled in the land Cameroon ceded to Nigeria in the 60s, should we now conduct another referandum now to decide whether such land should remain Nigerian or returned to Cameroon?
:

independent Federation of Nigeria"
, while the population of Southern Cameroons, whose
plebiscite could not be done in 1959 for security reasons, now[b] "decided to achieve
independence by joining the independent Republic of Cameroon"[/b] (General Assembly

Huxley, Huxley, Huxley. How many times did i call your name. You are twisting facts to beat a dead rat. Bakassi is in Cameroon as of today, so they is no need to lie and twist facts. We can read too you know. And thanks for providing the link, it has interesting stuff.

Your quote above makes no sense at all. How can you achieve independence by joining one independent federation instead of the other.

Below is the ACTUAL quote from the book;

3. During the Cameroon/Nigeria plebiscite of 1961, 21 polling stations were physically
located in the Bakassi peninsula. UN records clearly show that approximately 73% of the
people living there AT THAT TIME voted NOT to be administered under independent
Nigeria. This is fairly easy to confirm either from the UN itself or Ambassador BA Clark
who was Deputy Permanent Secretary External Affairs in 1970/71. The precise number
of polling booths and their exact locations is a matter of public record. It is fair to assume
that the vote was binding on future generations in the area. The question of whether it
could have been different - as was the case with Northern Cameroons - is one of the more
fascinating but unexamined aspects of Nigeria's history from that period. Whether the
vote meant that the people of Southern Cameroons should form their own country or be
fused with French Cameroun is another curious angle that has recently surfaced.

The people of Bakassi voted to be independent and not join Nigeria, that did not mean they voted to join Cameroon. So because of that you people decided to twist logic by insinuation a no vote to join Nigeria means independence by joining Cameroon. Maybe Cameroon should also declare independence by joining France.

The main issue here is not Bakassi, that is settled, it is Obudu. It would be sensible not to reopen another conflict for now and besides you have not provided  your reason why we should also cede Obudu to you, and after that where else?[quote][/quote]
Re: General Institutional Stupidity Of Most Nigerians - The Bakassi/obudu Case by ikeyman00(m): 5:25pm On Aug 01, 2010
^^^^^^^^^^^^

and poster

still what does that suppose
Re: General Institutional Stupidity Of Most Nigerians - The Bakassi/obudu Case by Faeb: 5:29pm On Aug 01, 2010
huxley:

If there are Nigerians out there who can read and have the faculty to understand and be rationa, please read this report (http://www.omoigui.com/files/the_bakassi_story.pdf)  in its entirety, or at least the excerpts below:

12. On February 11th and 12th 1961, a plebiscite was held to " clarify the wishes of the people living in Northern and Southern Cameroons ". The population of Northern Cameroons had earlier - in 1959 - "decided to achieve independence by joining the independent Federation of Nigeria", while the population of Southern Cameroons, whose plebiscite could not be done in 1959 for security reasons, now "decided to achieve
independence by joining the independent Republic of Cameroon" (General Assembly resolution 1608 (XV) of 21 April 1961). Note that there were 21 polling stations on the Bakassi peninsula itself and that 73% of the people living there voted to "achieve independence by joining the independent Republic of Cameroon". (Note the blunder here. By spelling it as "Cameroon", rather than "Cameroun", the UN created an opening for the
people of the "Southern Cameroons" to say they never voted to join "Cameroun" which is the former French territory.

13. In 1962, the government of Tafawa Balewa exchanged diplomatic notes with Cameroun acknowledging the fact that Bakassi was not Nigerian territory. General Gowon was a T/Captain. Maps from that period show Bakassi peninsula in Cameroun, following the results of the 1961 plebiscite.

14. In January 1966, Major General Ironsi came to power in Nigeria. He committed his government to respect all prior international agreements made by the Balewa government. Maps from that period show Bakassi peninsula in Cameroun.

15. In July 1966, then Lt. Col. Gowon came to power in Nigeria. He too committed his government to respect all prior international agreements made by the Ironsi and Balewa governments. Maps from that period show Bakassi peninsula in Cameroun

16. In 1970, moves began to be made by independent Cameroun and post-civil war Nigeria to clarify their maritime border which was vaguely defined by the 1913 Anglo-German Treaty. Maps from that period show Bakassi peninsula in Cameroun, but the offshore boundary was unclear since there was no detailed demarkation of the "navigable portion" of the approach channel to the Calabar estuary. Then Attorney General Elias correctly advised the Gowon government that post-colonial Nigeria had no legal basis for contesting the Bakassi peninsula itself, but that work to delimit the offshore boundary and
vague sections of the land boundary should proceed at full speed in accordance with the original Anglo-German Treaty of 1913. The technical problem thus became deciding exactly what part was "navigable" and what was not. It is this matter that was addressed on April 4th, 1971 at Yaoundé when Nigeria's General Gowon and Cameroun President Ahidjo, accompanied by large delegations, signed the "Coker-Ngo" Line on British
Admiralty Chart No. 3433 "as far as the 3-nautical-mile limit." The status of the Bakassi peninsula proper was not an issue for discussion. Maps from that period show Bakassi peninsula in Cameroun.

17. On June 1st, 1975, Gowon and Ahidjo signed the Maroua Declaration for the partial extension of the 1971 maritime boundary. Again, the status of the Bakassi peninsula proper was not even an issue for discussion. Maps from that period show Bakassi peninsula in Cameroun.

====================================================================================================

Were you not educated properly about the modern history of your country?  Did you not seek to educate yourself about your country's modern history? Have the media you your country failed to educate you about this?

OR are you just very simple-minded, dumb, stup1d, trigger-happy and plain ignorant, someone whom no amount of education could change your benighted?

Look at this fool quoting rumours. On that day, you will know who has the patience for foolish quotations. The simple fact is Bakassi people feel they are Nigerians, THEREFORE THEY ARE! After the handover, we had hundreds of thousands of refugees, because nobody wants to belong to your fcked up country with a population of clowns and monkey munchers. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: General Institutional Stupidity Of Most Nigerians - The Bakassi/obudu Case by koruji(m): 5:31pm On Aug 01, 2010
@huxley
In other words Cameroun has being doing this over and over again since 1961. The question you need to ask yourself is why? Furthermore, you should look at your first item below more critically". There is something fishy with the plebiscite of 1961: 1) Security reasons prevented such a plebiscite in 1959 - what were these reasons and what changed 2 years later? ; 2) 73% voted to join Cameroon, but argued they never voted to join Cameroun - when was this Cameroon/Cameroun argument made? That should tell you something about what went down in 1961.  Whatever happened back then the truth is that Cameroun never took possession of Bakassi, neglecting it for 40 years while repeatedly making border claims - "serial border claimer"! As a result, the people never felt Camerounian and did not want to be part of Cameroun. It seems to me that 40 years from now the people living in Bakassi would continue to consider themselves Nigerians, and Cameroun would still be making border claims.

huxley:

We you not educated properly about the modern history of your country?  Did you not seek to educate yourself about your country's modern history? Have the media you your country failed to educate you about this?

Re: General Institutional Stupidity Of Most Nigerians - The Bakassi/obudu Case by huxley(m): 5:52pm On Aug 01, 2010
koruji:

@huxley
In other words Cameroun has being doing this over and over again since 1961. The question you need to ask yourself is why? Furthermore, you should look at your first item below more critically". There is something fishy with the plebiscite of 1961: 1) Security reasons prevented such a plebiscite in 1959 - what were these reasons and what changed 2 years later? ; 2) 73% voted to join Cameroon, but argued they never voted to join Cameroun - when was this Cameroon/Cameroun argument made? That should tell you something about what went down in 1961.  Whatever happened back then the truth is that Cameroun never took possession of Bakassi, neglecting it for 40 years while repeatedly making border claims - "serial border claimer"! As a result, the people never felt Camerounian and did not want to be part of Cameroun. It seems to me that 40 years from now the people living in Bakassi would continue to consider themselves Nigerians, and Cameroun would still be making border claims.

Are there no people today in Nigeria who are NOT neglected and marginalised by the Nigerian state? How about most of the peoples of the Delta regions, like the Ogoni - how about people in the far North West? There fact that government aid and influence does not reach them on a day-to-day basis, does the give other neighbouring countries the right to come in and claim them?

Remember, the question of Bakassi was not in dispute in 1975 and all the maps of the 60s and 70s showed Bakassi as belonging to CAmeroon. Does Cameroon need to do anything further to claim it, when it is already its territory?
Re: General Institutional Stupidity Of Most Nigerians - The Bakassi/obudu Case by rethink: 5:53pm On Aug 01, 2010
@huxley
It is observed when you put two brains close to each other i.e one dead and one working fine there is a transfer of Characteristics(rapport). You can Ignore my Advice and keep trying to Legally Lock your brains by discussing with someone that has told you He or She is not ready to use the brains but ready to use EMOTIONS.

Read the Quote by winret
Re: General Institutional Stupidity Of Most Nigerians - The Bakassi/obudu Case by rethink: 6:03pm On Aug 01, 2010
@huxley
Just read below and see what a normal human being is saying. If all the lands of say the yorubas to determine an Odua or More vividly of the IGBO went to a vote to form a land and state called Biafra. Assuming the vote went in favour of Biafra even if it was Gazillion years ago so far there is proof that there was a vote the poster below says we can not respect a decision.

If you conducted a referendum and "won", but failed to take possession of the land or secure it, whose fault is that? Why would you consider a plebiscite in 1961 relevant if conducting another one forty years later would give a different result.

Mind you, the statement "more Nigerians have over the years migrated and settled there" is not really valid. It was most likely the same group of people that grew in population over 40 years under Nigerian rule. They were neglected by Cameroun, and after 40 years of neglect their descendants simply didn't want to be Camerounians - that is the basis for a new plebiscite.

Cameroun and whoever is goading it should refrain from making any more silly claims. You can't just change people's nationality anyhow, wiping out identities they have built for themselves. Now that you have Bakassi, just make sure that 40 years hence the people would be able to proudly say they are Camerounians. Otherwise such useless land-grabbing may actually backfire if you continue to incorporate more nominal Camerounians, but actual Nigerians, in your nation. Incidentally, the write-up by Omoigui that you forwarded included this paragraph:

"Late President Ahmadou Ahidjo of Cameroun was a Fulani man whose father was originally from Kano in Nigeria. His mother was from Garoua in Cameroun. In fact Ahidjo grew up around Yola and Mubi in Nigeria and was a playmate of Senator Iya Abubakar. His former District Head in Nigeria, Ambassador Malabu, was made Ambassador to Cameroun to cement the relationship. It is said that every time late Alhaji Ahidjo saw late Alhaji Malabu he would genuflect."
Re: General Institutional Stupidity Of Most Nigerians - The Bakassi/obudu Case by rethink: 6:13pm On Aug 01, 2010
The people of Bakassi voted to be independent and not join Nigeria, that did not mean they voted to join Cameroon. So because of that you people decided to twist logic by insinuation a no vote to join Nigeria means independence by joining Cameroon. Maybe Cameroon should also declare independence by joining France.

The main issue here is not Bakassi, that is settled, it is Obudu. It would be sensible not to reopen another conflict for now and besides you have not provided your reason why we should also cede Obudu to you, and after that where else?

Really so Nigeria should go to war to fight for the independence of Bakassi?

Is OBUDU part of Nigeria?

For some slowpoke to come to NL to say we lost Bakassi we shall lose Obudu Spiteful. I am sad that we "lost" Bakassi but it was never ours in the first place. The only reason why we are talking about it is that Obasanjo is involved.
Re: General Institutional Stupidity Of Most Nigerians - The Bakassi/obudu Case by invisible2(m): 6:14pm On Aug 01, 2010
I understand what Huxley is saying and I think he has a point, but despite all his attempt to rational thinking and attempt at using the law to solve a contentious problem, I still think his post is crude and should be met with an equal measure of cruelty. This, to me is provocation of the highest order and will be treated accordingly. If cameroun claims Obudu, Cameroun will not remain the same again. Quote me.
Re: General Institutional Stupidity Of Most Nigerians - The Bakassi/obudu Case by koruji(m): 6:19pm On Aug 01, 2010
@huxley
It is certainly no argument to say that most of the nation states in Africa today were artificial creation of colonialists. Yes, there is neglect and marginalization, but each region of Nigeria is represented by an arm of the Nigerian government at some level - they feel that sense of identity. That to me is the issue - Bakassi continued under Nigerian administration even 40 years after the plebiscite.

To your point however, Northern and Southern Cameroons were separate from both Nigeria and French Cameroon before any of these, but both were ruled by the British as part of Nigeria. As such, the citizens of those territories considered themselves Nigerians. As I suggested to you in my previous post the plebiscite of 1961 was not as straightforward as we now think it was. Other historical accounts of the period shed more light. The Introduction to the book "The 1961 Cameroon plebiscite: choice or betrayal" seems to make that clear here: http://books.google.com/books?id=uZOWF8zZLHgC&pg=PA3&lpg=PA3&dq=During+the+Cameroon/Nigeria+plebiscite+of+1961&source=bl&ots=2v0IGcjput&sig=9Lqj4czMYQlQ6yBi7y1_X5hcuKA&hl=en&ei=OKlVTPreD8P68AbKnIGKAw&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=1&ved=0CBUQ6AEwAA#v=onepage&q&f=false

It mentioned both manipulation and intimidation during the plebiscites in Northern and Southern Cameroon, as well as a "popular" disinclination for an "early reunification after secession from Nigeria". Southern Cameroon peoples seemed to want an independent nation of their own, but were not given a choice in 1961. The problem, as it was with the colonial masters, is that maps are just that, artificial constructions - what matters is what the people want in cases like this and as bad as it may be in Nigeria the people of Bakassi would have chosen Nigeria over Cameroun.

It is well known that groups within both Cameroun and Nigeria would rather have their own separate nations. So why are we complicating things by further useless land grabbing based on colonial laws, institutions and history - especially when those peoples don't want to be Camerounians? Cameroun needs to take care of Bakassi and all the other restive groups it encompasses, so does Nigeria. Enough said.

huxley:

Are there no people today in Nigeria who are NOT neglected and marginalised by the Nigerian state? How about most of the peoples of the Delta regions, like the Ogoni - how about people in the far North West? There fact that government aid and influence does not reach them on a day-to-day basis, does the give other neighbouring countries the right to come in and claim them?

Remember, the question of Bakassi was not in dispute in 1975 and all the maps of the 60s and 70s showed Bakassi as belonging to CAmeroon. Does Cameroon need to do anything further to claim it, when it is already its territory?
Re: General Institutional Stupidity Of Most Nigerians - The Bakassi/obudu Case by huxley(m): 6:24pm On Aug 01, 2010
wirinet:

Huxley, Huxley, Huxley. How many times did i call your name. You are twisting facts to beat a dead rat. Bakassi is in Cameroon as of today, so they is no need to lie and twist facts. We can read too you know. And thanks for providing the link, it has interesting stuff.

Wirinet, Wirinet, Wirinet - please, please, please - which facts did I twist?  The text says that these peoples were plebiscited  and in the then Northern Cameroon, the people decided to join Nigeria, while in Bakassi, they decided to join Cameroon, by a majority of over 70%.  Now, can you state clearly what FACT I have twisted here?

Yes, I know Bakassi in in CAmeroon today, but most Nigerians were claiming that it belonged to Nigeria.  I brought it up because most people who make this claim don't really know the history and are wont to act emotionally rather than rationally consult the archives and make a decision on that basis.

Your quote above makes no sense at all. How can you achieve independence by joining one independent federation instead of the other.

When, this was the language of the time.  French Cameroon became independent in 1960.  Southern Cameroon, which was under British administration had to be plebiscited in order to get the opinion of the people.  The majority decided in the plebiscite to join the already independent Republic of Cameroon, and that is why the new unions was initially called "The United Republic of Cameroon" signifying the union of the former two Cameroons.  Basically, Cameroon signalled their wish to return to the unified old German colony of Kamerun.

Now, tell me in what way does this NOT make sense, rather than simply asserting that it does not make sense.  If you say it does not make sense, you bear the responsibility to show why it does not make sense - simply declaring that does not make it so.

Below is the ACTUAL quote from the book;

The main issue here is not Bakassi, that is settled, it is Obudu. It would be sensible not to reopen another conflict for now and besides you have not provided  your reason why we should also cede Obudu to you, and after that where else?

C'mon, man  - THINK, THINK.  What do you think the options were at this plebiscite?

1) To gain independence by joining Nigeria
2) To gain indeoendence by joining The Republic of Cameroon, or
3)  To gain independence as the independent country of Bakassi

Why was Northen Cameroon, which decided to join Nigeria, not become independent by becoming its own independent state?
Re: General Institutional Stupidity Of Most Nigerians - The Bakassi/obudu Case by koruji(m): 6:30pm On Aug 01, 2010
@rethink
It seems you are not thinking - and to think you call yourself rethink. No you don't have to respect a vote that happened a gazillion years ago, and note the following part of my argument, IF A SIMILAR VOTE AMONG PEOPLE ALIVE TODAY REJECTS THE OUTCOME OF THE VOTE FROM A GAZILION YEARS AGO.

You and your half-baked deceit make me laugh. Who told you that the Bantu that use to live in Cameroun did not vote NOT TO BE KICKED OUT OF THEIR TERRITORY AEONS AGO. Or are you saying that because they didn't write it down makes it worthless?

The fact is that what we need to do is promote peace within our territories. You already have enough problems on your hands in Cameroun - focus on that, rather than attempting to grab more people that are not interested in being PART OF YOUR COUNTRY.

rethink:

@huxley
Just read below and see what a normal human being is saying. If all the lands of say the yorubas to determine an Odua or More vividly of the IGBO went to a vote to form a land and state called Biafra. Assuming the vote went in favour of Biafra even if it was Gazillion years ago so far there is proof that there was a vote the poster below says we can not respect a decision.

Re: General Institutional Stupidity Of Most Nigerians - The Bakassi/obudu Case by Faeb: 6:53pm On Aug 01, 2010
rethink:

Really so Nigeria should go to war to fight for the independence of Bakassi?

Is OBUDU part of Nigeria?

For some slowpoke to come to NL to say we lost Bakassi we shall lose Obudu Spiteful. I am sad that we "lost" Bakassi but it was never ours in the first place. The only reason why we are talking about it is that Obasanjo is involved.

So why did every last one of the indegenous people whose ancestral lands are in Bakassi flee into Nigeria after the handover? Do you think it was for your far fetched reason that OBJ is involved, or do you think it is because they have always seen themselves as Nigerians who want nothing to do with Cameroon? Simple question.
Pseudo-intellectualism always hurts the person wielding it and his enemies don't need to lift a finger to keep him down.
Re: General Institutional Stupidity Of Most Nigerians - The Bakassi/obudu Case by rethink: 7:07pm On Aug 01, 2010
@FAEB
So why did every last one of the indegenous people whose ancestral lands are in Bakassi[b] flee [/b] into Nigeria after the handover?

Oh lord help. I cant use your brains to piss because I will urinate on my body geez. Because they fled to Nigeria makes bakassi Nigeria's? Please reason even with just your legs.

There are Nigeriens driving Okada in Nigeria does that make it the land of the Republic of Niger?
Re: General Institutional Stupidity Of Most Nigerians - The Bakassi/obudu Case by rethink: 7:14pm On Aug 01, 2010
@Kuri tio fe ji

@rethink
It seems you are not thinking - and to think you call yourself rethink. No you don't have to respect a vote that happened a gazillion years ago, and note the following part of my argument, IF A SIMILAR VOTE AMONG PEOPLE ALIVE TODAY REJECTS THE OUTCOME OF THE VOTE FROM A GAZILION YEARS AGO.

With brains like yours I cant climb the steps or an elevator. You must be an Einstein in the Troglyditic times. I refuse to think the way you think take me to court, ,.,.,.,.,, Oh sorry you dont know what that means.
Re: General Institutional Stupidity Of Most Nigerians - The Bakassi/obudu Case by naijaway(m): 7:57pm On Aug 01, 2010
Faeb, u are doing a good job of simulating the deaths and mass havoc anyone stands to face in trying to grab Nigeria's limited land size. If the USA did not kpokpo the mexicans some years ago, they would have been putting their noses up and calling every USA move bluff. I've always said Nigeria needs a common enemy which i would prefer to be arab occupiers any where in the north of africa but we can also begin with a nuissance neighbour.
Our strategies should be thorough knowing that we might go to a full scale war anytime in the next five years. Tricky situation when dealing with neighbours especially cameroun because the southern side are related to the igbos and other easterners even though the relationship is not profound with this generation. Nigeria should remember that france is at stand by for the camerounians which creates a kinda disadvantage for Nigeria/Nigerians because cameroun and its resources a strictly france's. Biya is a ruthless dictactor which is a fact and shows a dumb set of country people that allow such situation.
Knowing the flaws of cameroun whereby they think they know Nigeria's flaws as in our disunity so they think. Our intelligence community should move in to cameroun and begin massive propaganda while our other diplomats share open new alliances in asia and north america eg creating a common national value by speaking against tryanny regimes like north korea, cuba, north africa, and cameroun. Nigeria should head the navies of west africa and rapidly begin depening relations with cameroun's neighbours. So that in the event of war, the whole picture falls in place by discouraging the southern parts of cameroun not to fight which puts our forces almost at the middle of the country, and then over throwing Biya once and for all . Not easy but over possible. If the intelligence community can somehow get USA, south korea, japan, israel, to sell us weapons and share intelligence then get china (neutral), russia(neutral), and UK to discourage france from participating early or ever then we will be in good shape and our neighbours neutral.

We can even shell the administrative office and some spots at obudu ranch to declare a reason for kpokpoing the other side of cameroun(biya's stroghold). The thiing is Nigeria has to begin these like yesterday. To be contd.
Re: General Institutional Stupidity Of Most Nigerians - The Bakassi/obudu Case by Faeb: 8:04pm On Aug 01, 2010
rethink:

@FAEB
Oh lord help. I cant use your brains to piss because I will urinate on my body geez. Because they fled to Nigeria makes bakassi Nigeria's? Please reason even with just your legs.

There are Nigeriens driving Okada in Nigeria does that make it the land of the Republic of Niger?

When those Nigeriens feel threathened will they run back home or remain in Nigeria?
You must be a fool if you don't know that the Bakassi people call themselves Nigerians and regard themselves as Nigerians. So go on and "piss" with that little worthless bone you call your brain.
Re: General Institutional Stupidity Of Most Nigerians - The Bakassi/obudu Case by koruji(m): 9:06pm On Aug 01, 2010
@rethink
Rankadede, okuse, more elbow to your grease - keep covering your brains with goo from Cameroun.

You speak of nation-to-nation land issues as if they are up or down votes. Go tell that to Britain in the Falkan Islands or the US in Guantanamo Bay!

Ode buruku, a lai ni ronu ara Galatia. Iwo lo ma sun to ni ji!

In case you can't follow an argument, here are the main points again:

1. Both Northern and Southern Cameroons were administered as part of Nigeria before any of these. However, they were considered separate from both Nigeria and Cameroon before 1960 (creations of the colonialists by the way) - hence the need for a plebiscite.

2. The two plebiscites were characterized by manipulation and intimidation.

3. The people of Southern Cameroons particularly thought all they were getting was independence from Nigeria, with the option of reunification with Cameroun. However, this was a ruse used by agents of Cameroun at the time to get votes for the plebiscite - the UN organized a vote to decide between Nigeria and Cameroun. Huxley's purported cool-headed approach amounts to exactly that - ruse and intellectual fraud. The idea is to start an illegitimate conversation, and then transport it into the realms of possibility. Well, it is not going to happen.

4. The people of Bakassi never saw themselves as Camerounians, but Nigerians. Hence they were quick to raise the point that they were voting to be Cameroon and not part of Cameroun once the deceit embedded in the plebiscite became clear. They would have voted to stay in Nigeria if given the chance 40 years later, since by actual livelihoods they have always been Nigerians.

5. Now that Nigeria has given Bakassi to Cameroun the only thing Cameroun will get from any further silly land grabbing would be its btk thoroughly whipped and Bakassi seized from it.

Get that into your fart-filled oblongata by repeating a 1000 times for the next 40 years

rethink:

@Kuri tio fe ji

With brains like yours I cant climb the steps or an elevator. You must be an Einstein in the Troglyditic times. I refuse to think the way you think take me to court, ,.,.,.,.,, Oh sorry you dont know what that means.
Re: General Institutional Stupidity Of Most Nigerians - The Bakassi/obudu Case by rethink: 9:14pm On Aug 01, 2010
@Okugbe Ori
Oh you have gone to reload that white garbage you call your brains.
I will never and I shall never ronu with your brains take me anywhere, where was your brains when presidents before never took that matter.
Re: General Institutional Stupidity Of Most Nigerians - The Bakassi/obudu Case by invisible2(m): 9:20pm On Aug 01, 2010
Cameroun! those people are very manipulative and dangerously cunny, only thing they will get from this is trouble. They will claim Abuja and Lagos next.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Gov. Babatunde Fashola Has Failed To Save The Lives Of Innocent Patients / Blast: Police Hold Zaria Cleric Albani / Traditional Ruler Beaten Over Land Disputes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 229
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.