Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,827 members, 7,956,125 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 03:39 AM

A Twist In The Tale. - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / A Twist In The Tale. (260 Views)

Twist Of Fate. / The Enemy Within - A Tale Of Love, Lust And Betrayal / A Tale Of Two Lovebirds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

A Twist In The Tale. by Nobody: 4:10pm On Dec 03, 2018
She was nervous, I could sense it. She barely spoke,and she fixed her eyes on the tarred road, not looking anywhere else. We are going to visit my parents again, to announce our engagement. Goodness, my fiancee had not welcomed the idea. She had wanted us to keep the news from my parents, but I had insisted we made the announcement. My parents didn't want us to be together. They rejected her, rejected our union. I didn't care. I had made up my mind I was going to marry her and we would had a wedding just like every other couple. I horned the car as we arrived at my parents gate. The gateman swung the gates open and I rode in. The first time I brought Goodness to my parents my mother had turned her back and said over her dead body.
"You know she can't make babies". She had said.
"It doesn't matter mum, we can always adopt children". She spat and said not in her family, she would never support our relationship. I had simply told her I didn't need her support or permission to marry the love of my life.
Goodness and I alighted the car and walked to the front door. I knocked and The new house help let us in. My parents were already in the parlour when we walked in. For a moment I wondered what I was doing there, I would have just listened to Goodness and married her quietly, but there was the satisfaction I felt with the fact that for the first time I was actually going against my parents. I wasn't letting them control me or decide for me. I stood there for a while expecting one of them to speak but when they didn't I told them of how I had decided to marry Goodness and they were invited if ever they wished to attend the wedding. My mother called me stupid and said I had gone astray and my father disowned me, right at the moment. *********************************************
As soon as we arrived at our apartment Goodness had gone into bedroom. She was angry.
"I told you not to tell them, not you've lost your family because of me". She said.
"I didn't lose them, they'll come around "
"What if they don't? "
"I still have you". I moved closer to her. I wanted to comfort her, to tell her everything was alright, to make love to her. I touched her
"Stop". She whispered. I didn't let go. I pulled off her top and took off her bra. She hesitated for a while ,then she turned around and unzipped my skirt and took of my bra. We made love.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

So You Get Weighed Down By Challenges / A Short Movie / War Saviours.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.