Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,144 members, 7,821,897 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:13 PM

2019: Amosun speaks on dumping APC after 24 Ogun house Aspirants decamp to APM - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2019: Amosun speaks on dumping APC after 24 Ogun house Aspirants decamp to APM (34238 Views)

Uche Nwosu Speaks On Dumping APC For PDP / Tambuwal Addressing His Supporters While Dumping APC For PDP / Saraki Opens Up On Dumping APC, Says "Don’t Push Me" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2019: Amosun speaks on dumping APC after 24 Ogun house Aspirants decamp to APM by TheAngry1: 9:15pm On Dec 03, 2018
jayson87:
Yet idiotic you accepted tinubu's candidate as your choice. Mumu like you. Ogun people are smarter than this, we are peculiar among yorubas. we don't reason this way you reason. That's why our son, sanwo from ogun state is your governorship candidate

Iyala iya e ni idiotic! Omo ale oshi! Okponu jati jati!

1 Like

Re: 2019: Amosun speaks on dumping APC after 24 Ogun house Aspirants decamp to APM by deolu2000(m): 9:16pm On Dec 03, 2018
I hope APC suffers in Ogun State and Imo. if Oshomole will allow his god tinubu to have fill day in Lagos, then he has no moral justification to cry foul against Amosu, Okotocha and Abudul Aziz Yari.
Whatsoever confusion that will lead to the implosion of APC is welcome by me, afteral they say, "The enemy of my enemy is my friend"
Re: 2019: Amosun speaks on dumping APC after 24 Ogun house Aspirants decamp to APM by ogunsj: 9:17pm On Dec 03, 2018
WisdomFlakes:
This could be really dicey for Amosun and his crew because with this brazen move, he has effectively lost his erstwhile control of the APC structure in Ogun. Osoba and Bode Mustapha (both Egbas) are ever ready to take over and seize control of that structure.

A Buhari victory (since the presidential election will come first) will likely tilt the likelihood and momentum of victory in Abiodun's favour in spite of Amosun's rebellion against his party.

It is now certain that Yewa votes will be split between GNI, Abiodun, and Akinlade. Ogun Central and Ogun East votes will also be hard fought by the major parties. Right now it's still too close to call, but my gut tells me APC will carry the day.
after 2019 election Amosun will become politically irrelevant. presidential election first, buhari wins, other elections follow that order, 2003 comes to mind.

2 Likes

Re: 2019: Amosun speaks on dumping APC after 24 Ogun house Aspirants decamp to APM by Bimpe29: 9:20pm On Dec 03, 2018
Never has the ruling party been this polarized and fragmented preparatory for general elections.
Re: 2019: Amosun speaks on dumping APC after 24 Ogun house Aspirants decamp to APM by blacknp(m): 9:49pm On Dec 03, 2018
ayusco85:
2019 where art thou? My PVC is itching to send someone bck to his village
Your PVC is itching?I want to assume you must be a dog in heat and in need of a bitch?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2019: Amosun speaks on dumping APC after 24 Ogun house Aspirants decamp to APM by blacknp(m): 9:53pm On Dec 03, 2018
Bimpe29:
Never has the ruling party been this polarized and fragmented preparatory for general elections.
Don’t believe the hype,they are the APC rejects,if APC gave them tickets why are they moving parties?
Re: 2019: Amosun speaks on dumping APC after 24 Ogun house Aspirants decamp to APM by Peacecore: 10:03pm On Dec 03, 2018
Petersamuel8:
if only there will be free and fair election, then bubu is going back to daura
tnk God u have given up already
Re: 2019: Amosun speaks on dumping APC after 24 Ogun house Aspirants decamp to APM by duwdu: 10:15pm On Dec 03, 2018
salford:
scammer ni man yi sha.lol
He wants to eat his cake and also have it
Funny some idiot decamped while their ring leader refused to. lol.

Exactly.

I wrote the following elsewhere:

"Amosun is in fact hiding behind a finger by insisting on he being on the same ticket/ballot day with Buhari.

Amosun knows very well that if he's on any party's ticket other than that of the APC on the day Buhari is on the APC ballot, he (Amosun) cannot guaranteed himself the win to the senate seat he's contesting for.

Amosun has no liver to leave the APC as that party presently operates in the South West. Simple."

P34c3

1 Like

Re: 2019: Amosun speaks on dumping APC after 24 Ogun house Aspirants decamp to APM by haffaze777(m): 10:19pm On Dec 03, 2018
WisdomFlakes:

I may be wrong but I think the Kashamu factor is being overhyped. Ogun PDP is in serious crisis and a lot of uncertainty is still in the air over who will eventually fly the ticket.

What is playing out is reminiscent of what happened in 2011 when OBJ highjacked PDP ticket from OGD who was a sitting PDP governor, and gave it to his own man, rt. General Olurin.

Recall that back then OGD also planted his loyalists and anointed candidate Nasir Gboyega Isiaka in PPN but still could not succeed in using his incumbency factor to win that election.

Amosun went on to win that election (under ACN) after being underrated by his opponents because he had lost in the past when he contested under ANPP. The same Abiodun you all are underrating can also end up winning with the right people and structures backing him. The election will be a close one and hard-fought in all 3 senatorial districts. In short, the future is very pregnant and any thing can still happen. Time will tell.

I don't think dapo abiodun popularity can be compare to Amosun of then,Amosun was loved back then by majority of Ogun state indigene,while Dapo Abiodun is unknown to most people here,I don't see APC winning Ogun west with either Dapo Abiodun or Akinlade,Ogun east will likely go to Gboyega nasir isiaka,they now left with Ogun central which is Amosun stronghold, The Guber election in 2019 in Ogun state will be interesting but I don't see APC retaining the state unless they settle their dispute.
Re: 2019: Amosun speaks on dumping APC after 24 Ogun house Aspirants decamp to APM by materrazzi01: 10:22pm On Dec 03, 2018
You just said my mind. The yewa's votes will be divided between GNI of ADC and Akinlade of APM but meanwhile they don't have the strong electorate base. Four out of the votes from there will be consumed by just a local government from Egba. The Ijebu's will have theirs divided between PDP(Kashamu), APC(Dapo), SDP(Paseda) and Dimeji is the only candidate from the central
akanbiaa:
Dimeji Bankole of ADP have the best chance of winning Ogun so also Akala of ADP in Oyo State.
Re: 2019: Amosun speaks on dumping APC after 24 Ogun house Aspirants decamp to APM by WisdomFlakes: 10:35pm On Dec 03, 2018
haffaze777:

I don't think dapo abiodun popularity can be compare to Amosun of then,Amosun was loved back then by majority of Ogun state indigene,while Dapo Abiodun is unknown to most people here,I don't see APC winning Ogun west with either Dapo Abiodun or Akinlade,Ogun east will likely go to Gboyega nasir isiaka,they now left with Ogun central which is Amosun stronghold, The Guber election in 2019 in Ogun state will be interesting but I don't see APC retaining the state unless they settle their dispute.

Well, time will tell. But I don't see how Gboyega Isiaka will 'win' Ogun East (Ijebuland) as you are asserting. On what/whose structure will he achieve that? As for Ogun Central, Amosun may not have it as easy as you are projecting. APC as well as other parties will not just sit back and allow him to sabotage them just like that without a fight. He will have the likes of Osoba, Dimeji Bankole, GNI, and others to contend with for Central votes. Remember that Gbenga Daniel also lost out in the power game of having his way even as a sitting governor back in 2011. Let's just watch the whole scenario play out because it will be very interesting.

1 Like

Re: 2019: Amosun speaks on dumping APC after 24 Ogun house Aspirants decamp to APM by haffaze777(m): 10:50pm On Dec 03, 2018
WisdomFlakes:

Well, time will tell. But I don't see how Gboyega Isiaka will 'win' Ogun East (Ijebuland) as you are asserting. On what/whose structure will he achieve that? As for Ogun Central, Amosun may not have it as easy as you are projecting. APC as well as other parties will not just sit back and allow him to sabotage them just like that without a fight. He will have the likes of Osoba, Dimeji Bankole, GNI, and others to contend with for Central votes. Remember that Gbenga Daniel also lost out in the power game of having his way even as a sitting governor back in 2011. Let's just watch the whole scenario play out because it will be very interesting.

Ogun west I meant to say.nobody listen to Osoba here in Ogun central,I don't see APC winning Ogun west and Dapo Abiodun is light weight politician in Ogun east,Amosun will win Osoba and dimeji bankole in central anyday, anytime
Re: 2019: Amosun speaks on dumping APC after 24 Ogun house Aspirants decamp to APM by jayson87: 12:20am On Dec 04, 2018
TheAngry1:

Iyala iya e ni idiotic! Omo ale oshi! Okponu jati jati!
Awon agba gba ile yin lo bawi... mumu ode! ma bo tinubu ole ni tie... omo eru! a mo iru yin
Re: 2019: Amosun speaks on dumping APC after 24 Ogun house Aspirants decamp to APM by goshee: 12:33am On Dec 04, 2018
TheAngry1:
I don't necessarily like Oshiomole o!, but I like the way he is demystifying these political demigods. That fat pig in Imo wanted to install his son-in-law on the people, same way Amosun wanted to force his candidate down our throats. God punish all of una! I repeat I don't like Osho baba, but on this one o, he has my backing. After the 2019 election, Osho too should be swept away. Buhari till 2023...we ain't playing!
zombies are synonymous with hypocrisy. why can't same be said of thieve tinubu?
Re: 2019: Amosun speaks on dumping APC after 24 Ogun house Aspirants decamp to APM by Marinado: 12:37am On Dec 04, 2018
i dont know this
Re: 2019: Amosun speaks on dumping APC after 24 Ogun house Aspirants decamp to APM by Chrisbeks: 5:22am On Dec 04, 2018
Like okorocha, like Amosun
Re: 2019: Amosun speaks on dumping APC after 24 Ogun house Aspirants decamp to APM by kayusely70(m): 5:44am On Dec 04, 2018
Youre just digging your political grave to wake up no more.
Re: 2019: Amosun speaks on dumping APC after 24 Ogun house Aspirants decamp to APM by ODVanguard: 6:36am On Dec 04, 2018
haffaze777:

Ogun west I meant to say.nobody listen to Osoba here in Ogun central,I don't see APC winning Ogun west and Dapo Abiodun is light weight politician in Ogun east,Amosun will win Osoba and dimeji bankole in central anyday, anytime

Bro, on this I will disagree with you. I like Amosun for some of his strides, but politically you are overrating him, in my opinion. The best way for Amosun to have proved that he is indeed the 'big kahuna' of Ogun politics would have been for him to defect along with his loyalists to APM and then achieve his senatorial ambition under that mushroom platform (after all, he can still support Buhari from any other platform). That is the only way he could have really proved his mettle. But he knows that would be political suicide if he attempts such at this late hour bro. He's smart enough to know that it is too late to decamp and win anything meaningful which is why he has tactfully remained in APC to ride on Buhari/APC wave to his own victory. In his heart he knows his loyalists don't stand a chance in APM under the current political configuration in the state because the party virtually lacks any structure to enable it have any meaningful impact enough to win elections.

3 Likes

Re: 2019: Amosun speaks on dumping APC after 24 Ogun house Aspirants decamp to APM by Nobody: 1:45pm On Sep 24, 2020
Wetin concerned me with Edo Election, just give me that money or I shoot you

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Buhari Ministerial List: Reno Reacts To The Inclusion Of Keyamo & Timipre Sylva / Dauda Kahutu Rarara Tackles Buhari In New Song (Photos, Video) / We're Happy To Hear That You Want To Step Down For Us—Obi Campaign Replies Atiku

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.