Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,788 members, 7,817,272 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:14 AM

Luxury Car Worth £1.2m Clamped Outside Harrods - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Luxury Car Worth £1.2m Clamped Outside Harrods (1401 Views)

Massive Pro-palestinian Protest Outside The White House / Outside Mandela's Home (pics) / Canada Minister Resigns After Buying $16 Orange Juice Outside Budget (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Luxury Car Worth £1.2m Clamped Outside Harrods by snowdrops(m): 12:58pm On Jul 30, 2010
A luxury car valued at £1.2m was clamped outside Harrods in central London after being illegally parked.

The Koenigsegg CCXR and a £350,000 Lamborghini Murcielago LP670-4 SuperVeloce were both clamped on the afternoon of 22 July.

Kensington and Chelsea Council said the light-blue vehicles were in serious contravention of parking rules.

The Knightsbridge store was bought by members of the Qatari royal family in April for £1.5bn.

It was bought by the Qatar Holding group, led by the Qatari Prime Minister Sheikh Hamad Bin Jassim Bin Jabr Al-Thani, from Mohammed Al Fayed.

Both the cars are very rare with the Swedish-made Koenigsegg being one of only six ever made.
'Effective deterrent'

A Harrods spokesman said: "Any matters relating to parking tickets and enforcement are strictly the domain of the Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea."

The council said £120 penalty charge notices were issued, but the cars were released for £70 each as the fines were paid within 14 days.

A spokesman said: "There is a greater shortage of parking space for residents in Kensington and Chelsea than practically anywhere else in the country.

"At the same time we have a huge number of visiting motorists attracted here by our fine shops, restaurants and other attractions.

"Our priority is our residents. To keep space available for them, we must deter visitors from taking up residents' bays and our experience is that clamping is simply the most effective deterrent."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-10810772

Re: Luxury Car Worth £1.2m Clamped Outside Harrods by snowdrops(m): 1:00pm On Jul 30, 2010
These are my dream rides.

But for the Qatari Billona ire owners, they would be more bothered about dents on their cars from the clamps than the miserly £70 or so release fees.
Re: Luxury Car Worth £1.2m Clamped Outside Harrods by tpiah: 3:38pm On Jul 30, 2010
the Quatari billionaires own the store [Harrods], not the cars.

the cars probably belong to some rival families or principalities.

on 8 May 2010, Mohamed Al-Fayed sold the store to Qatar Holdings for a sum of £1.5 billion

Wiki
Re: Luxury Car Worth £1.2m Clamped Outside Harrods by shotster50(m): 1:24am On Aug 05, 2010
The cars actually belongs to the Qatari family. And blue is their family colour.
Re: Luxury Car Worth £1.2m Clamped Outside Harrods by tpiah: 1:41am On Aug 05, 2010
^^oh, ok.

seems the cars belong to the new owners of Harrods.

but street parking a multi million dollar car?

tsk tsk.
Re: Luxury Car Worth £1.2m Clamped Outside Harrods by shotster50(m): 1:45am On Aug 06, 2010
If you are around Knightsbridge a lot you would see worse than that. These guys do not care about road regulations, after all its just a fine at the end of the day.
Re: Luxury Car Worth £1.2m Clamped Outside Harrods by Okijajuju1(m): 1:52am On Aug 06, 2010
I would park in the same spot if I were driving the same car.

A KOENIGSEGG CCXR!! The last time I saw that car, it was on T.V being raced round the TOP GEAR Track by the Stigg.

I'll kill to own that car.
Re: Luxury Car Worth £1.2m Clamped Outside Harrods by 0hsisi: 2:01am On Aug 06, 2010
Okija_juju:

I would park in the same spot if I were driving the same car.

A KOENIGSEGG CCXR!! The last time I saw that car, it was on T.V being raced round the TOP GEAR Track by the Stigg.

I'll kill to own that car.

You can use bk/babe for your rituals
hopefully he won't produce counterfeit
Re: Luxury Car Worth £1.2m Clamped Outside Harrods by Okijajuju1(m): 5:03am On Aug 06, 2010
^^ No be only counterfeit ehn go produce,

Have you seen counterfeit coins before?? THats wat he'll produce.
Re: Luxury Car Worth £1.2m Clamped Outside Harrods by bkbabe97y(m): 7:41am On Aug 11, 2010
Okija_juju:

^^ No be only counterfeit ehn go produce,

Have you seen counterfeit coins before?? THats wat he'll produce.
0hsisi:

You can use bk/babe for your rituals
hopefully he won't produce counterfeit

At least yall aint trying to eat me!
Re: Luxury Car Worth £1.2m Clamped Outside Harrods by bkbabe97y(m): 7:42am On Aug 11, 2010
Okija_juju:

! The last time I saw that car, it was on T.V being raced round the TOP GEAR Track by the Stigg.

The "LAST TIME"??!?! lol. Like u've ever seen it face to face! Ibos!
Re: Luxury Car Worth £1.2m Clamped Outside Harrods by Okijajuju1(m): 7:46am On Aug 11, 2010
Yoruba Nama, did you see the T.V part of that post!!
Re: Luxury Car Worth £1.2m Clamped Outside Harrods by bkbabe97y(m): 3:21am On Aug 12, 2010
Okija_juju:

Yoruba Nama, did you see the T.V part of that post!!

Fool, learn to write properly so u'll be better understood! You said the "last time" u saw "it was on tv"! Meaning, u've seen it previous times before! lol. Learn, monkey, learn!
Re: Luxury Car Worth £1.2m Clamped Outside Harrods by thameamead(f): 11:30am On Aug 14, 2010
shotster50:

If you are around Knightsbridge a lot you would see worse than that. These guys do not care about road regulations, after all its just a fine at the end of the day.

Another name for Knightsbridge is "Little Kuwait". These Milddle-East people don't care about anything, one of them killed his servant in his 5 star hotel, the case was swept under the carpet by the police, the UK enonomy needs their money.
Re: Luxury Car Worth £1.2m Clamped Outside Harrods by snowdrops(m): 12:01pm On Aug 14, 2010
thameamead:

Another name for Knightsbridge is "Little Kuwait". These Milddle-East people don't care about anything, one of them killed his servant in his 5 star hotel, the case was swept under the carpet by the police, the UK enonomy needs their money.
cant agree more. another example of british double standerd. they desperately need billionaires investor money, and ask little question about the legality of their funds.

no wonder the uk is fast becoming the billionaires play ground of emergin third world countries
Re: Luxury Car Worth £1.2m Clamped Outside Harrods by thameamead(f): 12:51pm On Aug 14, 2010
snowdrops:

cant agree more. another example of british double standerd. they desperately need billionaires investor money, and ask little question about the legality of their funds.

no wonder the uk is fast becoming the billionaires play ground of emergin third world countries

@snowdrops
u can trust the British not to practise what they preach, by d way these billonaires are only in the UK for their summer holidays lasting from August to start of Ramadam and they disappear to reappear the following year. I use to work in Harrods, they shop till they are about to drop including the children of our oil rich African leaders, all they do is SHOPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP!!!!'ve seen it all,

(1) (Reply)

From One President To Another: Jerry Rawlings On The Death Of John Attah Mills / Putin Foils The Jews In Syria / Content Of Parting Letter Obama Left For Trump In The Oval Office Revealed(Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.