Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,257 members, 7,953,970 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 10:04 AM

The Economist Tips Buhari For Victory In 2019 Election - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Economist Tips Buhari For Victory In 2019 Election (10416 Views)

Dogara Raises Alarm Over 2019 Election / Don't Run Against Me In 2019 Election, Buhari Begs Nigerian Youths / See What Buhari Is Taking With Him To Daura If He Loses 2019 Election - Adeyanju (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Economist Tips Buhari For Victory In 2019 Election by BlackPantherxXx: 5:40am On Dec 04, 2018
1 minute silence for Igbos grin

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Economist Tips Buhari For Victory In 2019 Election by Magalan: 5:42am On Dec 04, 2018
PassingShot:

But I'm already a successful man. So, the money spent on me wasn't wasted.

It's you that need to work hard and pray for direction in life. grin

Haha.. Successful, ..... dont let the 30k get to you, people earn higher..

Note: the unsuccessful are usually prone to call themselves successful. Empty vessels makes the most noise.
Re: The Economist Tips Buhari For Victory In 2019 Election by FarahAideed: 5:43am On Dec 04, 2018
PassingShot:

You only see the double-digit inflation and remain blind to the growth rate predicted. The inflation rate was at a time around 18%.

Generally, the prediction is good for a country which was recently looted into recession and just coming out of it.

It's good for a country which has been import-dependent for almost 50 years and recently taking steps to stem that tide.

It's a good outlook for a county whose only major dollar earner is crude oil.

It may interest you to know that Economics is my background. Una go just dey comment nonsense online just because you can.

A prediction is saying the will be an increase in Islamic insurgency inspired bloodbaths ( like I have predicted ) and another bout of languishing economy yet you say it's a good outlook ?are you ok? It's only a good out look to you Buharists who are happy that Nigeria is being returned back to the 16th century of Islam Dan Fodio

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Economist Tips Buhari For Victory In 2019 Election by tuniski: 5:43am On Dec 04, 2018
Prediction ain't endorsement! It is Even conflicting. At Best By January they will endorse Atiku!
Re: The Economist Tips Buhari For Victory In 2019 Election by PassingShot(m): 5:45am On Dec 04, 2018
FarahAideed:

A prediction is saying the will be an increase in Islamic insurgency inspired bloodbaths ( like I have predicted ) and another bout of languishing economy yet you say it's a good outlook ?are you ok? It's only a good out look to you Buharists who are happy that Nigeria is being returned back to the 16th century of Islam Dan Fodio
My comment was on the GDP growth rate. Keep your emotions in check. grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Economist Tips Buhari For Victory In 2019 Election by FarahAideed: 5:53am On Dec 04, 2018
PassingShot:

My comment was on the GDP growth rate. Keep your emotions in check. grin

You are celebrating a 1 percent GDP growth ( even Abacha delivered a consistent 4.8% despite being a pariah under sanctions and selling oil below 12 dollars)
, double digit inflation and population explosion ?
You say you majored in economics form where again ? It must be from Boko haram school of economics

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Economist Tips Buhari For Victory In 2019 Election by bucho8888: 5:56am On Dec 04, 2018
kahal29:

But if it were the other way round you would have been happy

CORRUPTION MAY HAVE REDUCED IN DIS GOVT, BUT MANY WILL VOTE DEM OUT COS DER POOR MISMANAGEMENT OF SECURITY, TRIBAL N RELIGIOUS SENTIMENTS
Re: The Economist Tips Buhari For Victory In 2019 Election by Corrinthians(m): 6:08am On Dec 04, 2018
Firefire:
Fake endorsement.
Simple English our old man who claims to fly everywhere he goes couldn't understand. They TIPPED him for victory, not ENDORSE.

I pity your life.

Another round of endless wailing awaits you from 2019. After which you can DO THAT THING you've always been planning to when Osinbajo takes over from Bubu in 2023.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Economist Tips Buhari For Victory In 2019 Election by sanpipita(m): 6:09am On Dec 04, 2018
APC are bent on spreading fake news, if economist saying anything you can easily find it on internet and read.
Re: The Economist Tips Buhari For Victory In 2019 Election by Nobody: 6:09am On Dec 04, 2018
Why are the Economists making political statements? What business do they have with Nigerian politics.
Re: The Economist Tips Buhari For Victory In 2019 Election by PassingShot(m): 6:10am On Dec 04, 2018
FarahAideed:

You are celebrating a 1 percent GDP growth ( even Abacha delivered a consistent 4.8% despite being a pariah under sanctions and selling oil below 12 dollars)
, double digit inflation and population explosion ?
You say you majored in economics form where again ? It must be from Boko haram school of economics
Actually 1.9%. Need I remind you that the dynamics of Abacha's era have changed negatively for us as a country?

I have no time to lecture you on basic economic principles but keep it in your empty skull that those principles are rooted in "cause and effect". Not on magic.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Economist Tips Buhari For Victory In 2019 Election by Corrinthians(m): 6:14am On Dec 04, 2018
deji17:
Yes o. Sai Buhari
Here is another picture of his I love. cool

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Economist Tips Buhari For Victory In 2019 Election by FarahAideed: 6:20am On Dec 04, 2018
PassingShot:

Actually 1.9%. Need I remind you that the dynamics of Abacha's era have changed negatively for us as a country?

I have no time to lecture you on basic economic principles but keep it in your empty skull that those principles are rooted in "cause and effect". Not on magic.

If you think this daft thing below can proffer solution to anything then you must be very wicked !!!! Very very very Wicked

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n1Y18fwd7Tw&feature=youtu.be

2 Likes

Re: The Economist Tips Buhari For Victory In 2019 Election by FarahAideed: 6:21am On Dec 04, 2018
Corrinthians:
Here is another picture of his I love. cool

Here is the video I love , it's says it all about why Nigeria is currently in trouble

1 Like

Re: The Economist Tips Buhari For Victory In 2019 Election by PassingShot(m): 6:24am On Dec 04, 2018
FarahAideed:

If you think this daft thing below can proffer solution to anything then you must be very wicked !!!! Very very very Wicked

You know what?

Hang yourself!

1 Like

Re: The Economist Tips Buhari For Victory In 2019 Election by crownwealth: 6:27am On Dec 04, 2018
FarahAideed:

Here is the video I love , it's says it all about why Nigeria is currently in trouble

The terrorist has no brain oooo shocked

1 Like

Re: The Economist Tips Buhari For Victory In 2019 Election by crownwealth: 6:28am On Dec 04, 2018
PassingShot:

You know what?

Hang yourself!

Terrorism at its peak! shocked
Re: The Economist Tips Buhari For Victory In 2019 Election by Smile4daddy(m): 7:21am On Dec 04, 2018
babyfaceafrica:
will the economist vote?
y
And you, do you have 10 vote?

Just stay tuned and watch how Buhari will floored Atiku.
Re: The Economist Tips Buhari For Victory In 2019 Election by michoim(m): 7:33am On Dec 04, 2018
Na so we dey roll. ..vote the winning party...vote APC
Re: The Economist Tips Buhari For Victory In 2019 Election by gentlegenius(m): 9:02am On Dec 04, 2018
kahal29:

But if it were the other way round you would have been happy
The economist are confused set of people. Today, They'll predict buhari to lose, tomorrow, they predict buhari to win.
We don't care about predictions anymore... They should stay away from predicting Nigerian politics.
https://www.nairaland.com/4810075/again-economist-says-buhari-lose?_e_pi_=7%2CPAGE_ID10%2C4018486316
Re: The Economist Tips Buhari For Victory In 2019 Election by Bizibi(m): 9:11am On Dec 04, 2018
Magalan:

A double digit inflation with 201m population is good for a country.... you need education.
don't worry,they will come out and debunk it.....

1 Like

Re: The Economist Tips Buhari For Victory In 2019 Election by Ugosample(m): 2:24pm On Dec 04, 2018
PassingShot:

Compare to many top world economies, you will realize that these indices are actually good for us.

Read up and learn boy!

which indices are good??
Re: The Economist Tips Buhari For Victory In 2019 Election by Ugosample(m): 2:25pm On Dec 04, 2018
FarahAideed:

don't mind that goat

1 Like

Re: The Economist Tips Buhari For Victory In 2019 Election by Ugosample(m): 2:26pm On Dec 04, 2018
Magalan:

A double digit inflation with 201m population is good for a country.... you need education.

no mind am

1 Like

Re: The Economist Tips Buhari For Victory In 2019 Election by Konquest: 10:28pm On Dec 07, 2018
odiks:
President Muhammadu Buhari will win next year’s election, The Economist has reported.

The respected magazine has also predicted that the opposition coalition may collapse before the general election.

But Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) presidential candidate Atiku Abubakar yesterday said the forecast of the London-based magazine failed to meet the attributes of objectivity, balance and fairness.

According to The Economist in its latest edition, “The World in 2019”, there is little hope that Islamist insurgency in the Northeast will end.

In a country appraisal for Nigeria under “The world in numbers”, the magazine said: “The president, Muhammadu Buhari, will win re-election in February, as a new opposition coalition may collapse before the vote.

“Given the outlook for continuing political weakness, there is little prospect of progress in the fight against the Islamist insurgency in the north, nationalism in the oil-producing Delta and secessionism in the Biafra region.

“Market-based reforms will languish, holding back growth yet again.”

The magazine’s other predictions for Nigeria are: GDP growth (1.9%); GDP per head-$2, 410(PPP: $6,020); inflation (13.6%); Budget balance (5GDP) is -2.0 and population (201.0m).

In a separate report, the Foreign Correspondent of The Economist, Aman Rizvi, distanced himself from the official position of his magazine.

He said the election will be close, with the PDP having a slight edge.

Rizvi said: “Mr. Buhari’s approval ratings have languished below 50 % for most of 2018. Ominously, he has been hit by a wave of defections to the PDP.

“Desertions to the APC four years ago, by many of the same people, felled ex-President Goodluck Jonathan.

“Mr. Buhari’s electoral opponent in 2019, Atiku Abubakar, is one such double-turncoat. He is also a septuagenarian, billionaire businessman, former vice president and three-time presidential aspirant.

“With Mr. Abubakar distrusted for his wealth and opportunism, the election will be close. Its outcome will hinge on who arouses less apathy.

“So, who will win? Many Nigerians do not care. The back-and-forth floor-crossing has convinced them that the same people will be in charge either way. The PDP holds a slight edge, if only because expectations for Mr. Buhari were higher and his failure to meet them was more recent.”

But Atiku has rejected the latest prediction of The Economist.

A statement by the Special Assistant on Public Communication and Strategy to Atiku, Mr. Phrank Shaibu, said the forecast was a “poorly-executed hatchet job”.

Speaking with our correspondent, the National Publicity Secretary of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Mr. Lanre Issa Onilu, said: “I will say that The Economist is just living up to its reputation. What the magazine has said is not new to most Nigerians; it is a report of the reality.

“I am not surprised that PDP did not find the report palatable. For a political party that has been living in denial, instead of addressing issues as copiously enumerated by The Economist, PDP has chosen to behave like a baby whose toy has just been taken away from him or her.

“PDP lacks credibility and any publication that is worthy of its own reputation will be taking a huge risk by making any attempt to dress PDP in a borrowed robe. PDP is a damaged product that has thrown up a discredited candidate. We can only commend The Economist.”

Asked if the 2019 presidential poll will be a close race, Onilu said: “We think if The Economist conducts further research, they will come to the conclusion we have already reached to the effect that next year’s presidential election is a no-contest.”

He dismissed insinuations that PDP might have a slight edge over APC.

“No. PDP cannot have a slight edge,” Onilu added.

http://thenationonlineng.net/economist-tips-buhari-victory-2019-election/

^^^^^
^^^^^
The Economist and inconsistencies ...
With or without the Economist, based on Fact,
APC's PMB and Osinbajo will win in 2019!grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Many Feared Injured As Explosion Hit Fuel Station In Onitsha / IGP Standardizes Police Investigation Process / Osun APC Declares 7-day Fasting And Prayer Ahead Of Election Tribunal Judgment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.