Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,007 members, 7,825,120 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 07:23 AM

Electoral Amendment Bill 2018: 3 Political Parties Ask Court To Stop Presidentia - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Electoral Amendment Bill 2018: 3 Political Parties Ask Court To Stop Presidentia (8909 Views)

Electoral Amendment Bill Passes Second Reading In The House Of Reps (Proposal) / 7 Parties Ask Court To Stop INEC From Issuing Okorocha Certificate Of Return / Untold Story Of Pmb’s Refusal To Sign Electoral Amendment Bill (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Electoral Amendment Bill 2018: 3 Political Parties Ask Court To Stop Presidentia by 6digitscomrade: 6:52am On Dec 04, 2018
omonaijiria:
BMC oya come and defend your oga For sending his foot soldier's as usual to court.

Nowhere to hide again for buhari
aswear u are so correct now I'm no longer in doubt we have spoilers in the name of political parties...On Monday some filed to compel the president...Immediately some went to file a suit to stop him...Like i told my older bro on Sunday...I said i stopped feeling sorry for Nigerians but not Nigeria as an entity..Nigerians are the problems of Nigeria...

Just imagine the snooker they are playing with their generations future..Smh

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Electoral Amendment Bill 2018: 3 Political Parties Ask Court To Stop Presidentia by Minjim: 6:52am On Dec 04, 2018
The NASS is to blame solely for the delay in signing this bill. The question I want to pose to Atikulators is, ' Was Buhari 's excuses for not signing the bill tenable or not? '

A whole NASS with huge budget to aid it in doing its work cannot produce an errorless document that it's the president that'll have to identify errors like cross referencing and ambiguities?

Everytime the presidency had identify certain errors I never hear the NASS complaining that his assertion is inaccurate. You pdp fan should have sense now
Re: Electoral Amendment Bill 2018: 3 Political Parties Ask Court To Stop Presidentia by seunfly: 6:52am On Dec 04, 2018
bkool7:
The NASS is to blame solely for the delay in signing this bill. The question I have to lukewarm Atikulators is, ' Was Buhari 's excuses for not signing the bill tenable or not? '

A whole NASS with huge budget to aid it in doing its work cannot product an errorless document that it's the president that'll have to identify errors like cross referencing and ambiguities?

Everytime the presidency had identify certain errors I never hear the NASS complaining that his assertion is inaccurate. You pdp fan should have sense now
It is so painful Nigerian youth really do not think deep, they act based on emotions and take side without fact.

2 Likes

Re: Electoral Amendment Bill 2018: 3 Political Parties Ask Court To Stop Presidentia by KenOne: 6:53am On Dec 04, 2018
israelmao:
You cannot expect Buhari to sign his own "death warrant".

What PDP couldn't sign but they want PMB to sign it.
I thought PDP said they brought card reader machine but couldn't sign it into law.

Another unfinished project from PDP, everything they claim they started it, but finish it to the end they will not and when PMB gives live to what they claimed they've started, they'll claim glory.

1 Like

Re: Electoral Amendment Bill 2018: 3 Political Parties Ask Court To Stop Presidentia by Lincoln275(m): 6:54am On Dec 04, 2018
which one is presidential assent?
Re: Electoral Amendment Bill 2018: 3 Political Parties Ask Court To Stop Presidentia by israelmao(m): 7:05am On Dec 04, 2018
[quote author=KenOne post=73533472]

What PDP couldn't sign but they want PMB to sign it.
I thought PDP said they brought card reader machine but couldn't sign it into law.

Another unfinished project from PDP, everything they claim they started it, but finish it to the end they will not and when PMB gives live to what they claimed they've started, they'll claim glory.

Really caliming glory with IPPIS,BVN,TSA,E-wallet that ensured seamless fertilizer distribution to farmers, revitalization of railway system after donkey years of abandonment and so on.I am not fixated on PDP as some are so dogmatic and blindfolded by APC,it may not be Atiku in 2019 but Buhari must go back to Daura.
Re: Electoral Amendment Bill 2018: 3 Political Parties Ask Court To Stop Presidentia by Racoon(m): 7:14am On Dec 04, 2018
Magalan:
An Electoral bill perfect for deepening democracy is what is systematically being stalled.

What is more perfect that transmitting electoral results digitally from the polls and backed up digitally aswell as done with most developed nations?
My dear ehen! sad
Re: Electoral Amendment Bill 2018: 3 Political Parties Ask Court To Stop Presidentia by Phred1717: 7:16am On Dec 04, 2018
So many sane people in this country with their myopic ways of reasoning. God help us
Re: Electoral Amendment Bill 2018: 3 Political Parties Ask Court To Stop Presidentia by michoim(m): 7:21am On Dec 04, 2018
Agreed
Re: Electoral Amendment Bill 2018: 3 Political Parties Ask Court To Stop Presidentia by pale20(m): 7:24am On Dec 04, 2018
Let Atiku go to America to check how america election is going on
Re: Electoral Amendment Bill 2018: 3 Political Parties Ask Court To Stop Presidentia by pale20(m): 7:25am On Dec 04, 2018
Phred1717:
So many sane people in this country with their myopic ways of reasoning. God help us
Re: Electoral Amendment Bill 2018: 3 Political Parties Ask Court To Stop Presidentia by pale20(m): 7:25am On Dec 04, 2018
pale20:
Let Atiku go to America to check how america election is going on
Re: Electoral Amendment Bill 2018: 3 Political Parties Ask Court To Stop Presidentia by pale20(m): 7:26am On Dec 04, 2018
michoim:
Agreed
Re: Electoral Amendment Bill 2018: 3 Political Parties Ask Court To Stop Presidentia by pale20(m): 7:28am On Dec 04, 2018
How
Re: Electoral Amendment Bill 2018: 3 Political Parties Ask Court To Stop Presidentia by morisnewrain(m): 9:01am On Dec 04, 2018
wisino1:
Why is buhari abi jubril afraid of the amended electoral act
Read what the last plaintiff said. He said some electorates would be disenfranchised because of time frame & level of education in many local/remote areas. For any election to be free & fair, Electorates must be educated on how the election would be conducted and they would vote. Not that they go to their polling-boot & start asking how to vote. Electorates must be properly educated on the voting process. The time is too short for electronics voting. Though is the best if not hacked like they did in favour of Trump
Re: Electoral Amendment Bill 2018: 3 Political Parties Ask Court To Stop Presidentia by linearity: 10:14am On Dec 04, 2018
Assenting to or declining to assent to a Bill is Executive constitutionally protected role. You can’t sue the President and ask the Judiciary to prevent him from carrying out his function.

If you think the bill contravenes the constitution, sue to have it invalidated after it has become law...or lobby the Presidency and beg them to veto the bill.

If NASS have the votes, they can override Presidential veto and the bill becomes law.
Re: Electoral Amendment Bill 2018: 3 Political Parties Ask Court To Stop Presidentia by badesco(m): 10:31am On Dec 04, 2018
Those people that instituted this case are either APC loyalist or enemies of Nigeria. How can a sane minds wants to truncate our nascent Democracy because of selfish interest? This vase will case would be strucked out.
Re: Electoral Amendment Bill 2018: 3 Political Parties Ask Court To Stop Presidentia by baganas: 10:48am On Dec 04, 2018
seunfly:
Where were the legislooters since 2015? Why Amend something so delicate and complex as electoral bill at the last minute to election?
Don't mind them. They are unknowingly calling for election extention
Re: Electoral Amendment Bill 2018: 3 Political Parties Ask Court To Stop Presidentia by IsThisChange: 5:06pm On Dec 05, 2018
supportnija:

Election is not a small to try anything two months to election, I can tell you that , Inec will start another preparation all over again

Thee is no preparation all over anything.

Only card reader no incidence form.

Wherevcard reader error, election reschedule till next day
Re: Electoral Amendment Bill 2018: 3 Political Parties Ask Court To Stop Presidentia by IsThisChange: 5:08pm On Dec 05, 2018
baganas:

Don't mind them. They are unknowingly calling for election extention

Nobody is calling for extension let Buhari sign the bill

(1) (2) (Reply)

Enugu Govt Awards Contracts For Projects Worth Over N3.2 Billion / Guys I'm In Orlu Now And Today Wasn't Funny / How State Govts Cheat Oil-Producing Communities In Use Of 13% Derivation Fund

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.