Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,164 members, 7,821,950 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:36 PM

Do humans really hear from God? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Do humans really hear from God? (434 Views)

Do Intending Christian Couples Really Hear From God Before Getting Married? / Abimbola Adunni Adelakun: Father Mbaka Did NOT Hear From God / Does God Really Hear Our Prayers? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Do humans really hear from God? by Mikefrik(m): 12:16pm On Dec 04, 2018
I was discussing with a friend of mine. so I asked him what is spirituality, and the answer he gave me shocked me. He said no one is spiritual. I understand that spirituality means having one's spiritual senses activated to hear from God. pls am I wrong? and again is spirituality meant only for pastors and prophets?
Re: Do humans really hear from God? by Kobojunkie: 10:34pm On Feb 02
Mikefrik:
■ I was discussing with a friend of mine. so I asked him what is spirituality, and the answer he gave me shocked me. He said no one is spiritual. I understand that spirituality means having one's spiritual senses activated to hear from God.
■ pls am I wrong?
■ and again is spirituality meant only for pastors and prophets?
You have to be specific about the God you ask this of as there are over 40,000 deities out there and depending on the particular one you reference, the definitions and details completely change. undecided

2. Well, if your question is about the God of Israel whose Son is Jesus Christ, yes, you are wrong. According to the God of Israel, and Jesus Christ, no man is born from His mother's womb with what you refer to as spiritual senses - Genesis 2 vs 6 -7 & John 3 vs 5-8. It is only after one has become born-again that one becomes a spiritual being — after acquiring the Eternal Life of Jesus Christ. And even after that, there are no spiritual senses. Rather the one is possessed by the Spirit in question and depending on choices made afterwards able to hear God who is Himself Spirit. undecided

3. All of your pastors and prophets believe in a different God from the God of Israel and Jesus Christ. Why? Because according to Jesus Christ, He alone is the Shepherd(pastor) and Prophet(Authority/Head) over all those who belong to Him. So anyone who pretends to share His seat over those who belong to Him is not of Him. undecided

(1) (Reply)

It Is Not X-mas But Christmas: Correct That Atheist / Interpretation Of Dream Of Plucking Fruits, But Not Gathering Them / A Prayer For Your Healing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.