Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,838 members, 7,820,923 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:17 AM

Does God Really Hear Our Prayers? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Does God Really Hear Our Prayers? (641 Views)

Do Intending Christian Couples Really Hear From God Before Getting Married? / Do humans really hear from God? / Reasons Our Prayers Are Not Answered (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does God Really Hear Our Prayers? by eedimo(m): 6:17pm On Jan 11, 2020
To those who understand the Holy scripture more than I do, please I need help.

Why would a man(who works so hard) who has totally given himself to God suffer depression due to little needs and God wouldn't help?
Re: Does God Really Hear Our Prayers? by Ladylite: 6:22pm On Jan 11, 2020
eedimo:

Why would a man(who works so hard) who has totally given himself to God suffer depression due to little needs and God wouldn't help?

Because he worked for church or even for God without proper understanding.

No one taught him how to really get results.
Re: Does God Really Hear Our Prayers? by budaatum: 6:23pm On Jan 11, 2020
eedimo:

Why would a man who has totally given himself to God suffer depression due to little family needs and God wouldn't help?
A "man who has totally given himself to God suffer depression due to little family needs and God wouldn't help", because the man has totally given himself to God in his own earthly way and has not given himself to God according to God.

God said to them, "Be fruitful and increase in number; fill the earth and subdue it. Rule over the fish of the sea and the birds of the air and over every living creature that moves on the ground."

It is when the man does these things that God blesses the man.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Does God Really Hear Our Prayers? by nlPoster: 6:37pm On Jan 11, 2020
Explain what you mean by totally worked for God.

Man's ways are not God's ways.

Was it God who wouldn't help or the people he knows who who didn't help?
Re: Does God Really Hear Our Prayers? by Ebenezar2020(m): 8:55pm On Jan 11, 2020
eedimo:

how totally? that's the first question u should answer before I proceed.
Re: Does God Really Hear Our Prayers? by AntiChristian: 7:16am On Jan 12, 2020
Not all prayers are answered! Even Jesus still has a prayer unanswered and it's sure it won't be answered. So who you be?
Re: Does God Really Hear Our Prayers? by Nobody: 11:51am On Jan 13, 2020
eedimo:

The problem is the situation we are in right now!
God promised to answer ALL OUR PRAYERS when his kingdom comes {Isaiah 65:24} that's why Jesus keep emphasizing the importance of God's kingdom! Matthew 6:9-11

Before John the baptist, faithful servants of God do pray and gets answers as their petitions aren't out of place.
But after John, it's difficult for anyone who is not faithful to worship that same God. John 11:12
WHY?
Because God no more attend to petitions made out of selfish interests, he only answers prayers relating to the teachings of his son that's NOT based on selfish ambitious!
if you want to ask God for anything now you need to first ascertain whether it's in line with God's will! 1John 5:14

God's will is
For you to acknowledge everyone around you as worthy of good things from God, don't pray that your neighbor become your gateman, driver, cook, cleaner or laundryman, because Almighty God who lives in heaven is the father of all, That's why Jesus taught us to say OUR father!
Secondly his name must be sanctified, that's what his faithful worshippers are doing today globally! Matthew 6:9

You should know and continue helping others to know that it's only God's kingdom (government) that can solve mankind's problems, and it them all the good things God is doing for his heavenly children will be available to all the inhabitants of the earth! Matthew 6:10

You should know that God will provide what you NEED for each day as you're not eagerly pursuing worldly material things like hopeless people who don't believe in God's promise of a better future! Matthew 6:11 compared to Matthew 6:25-34

Let your minds be free of hatred for anyone, forgive anyone no matter what they do to hurt you, remember such a person deserved to be shown mercy if not he will not enter God's rest of everlasting blessings. So you must forgive from you heart since both of you deserved to die as sinners. Don't hold any grudge against your fellowman! Matthew 6:12

Remember there is temptations everywhere so you must be EXTRA careful and keep begging God to help you resist temptations like Stealing, Fornication, Adultery, Spiritism and so on. Most people are lured away from the faith on daily bases with temptations! Matthew 6:13 compared to 1Timothy 6:9-10

Any other form of prayer asides from this points is just a deception. God will not attend to it! smiley
Re: Does God Really Hear Our Prayers? by Niflheim(m): 5:51pm On Jan 13, 2020
@op,

The truth of the matter is that a non-existent cartoon character cannot put food in your mouth!!!

Financial literacy, circle of friends and ability to learn a new skill likely have the biggest role to play in determining our financial state!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Does God Really Hear Our Prayers? by StrikeBack(m): 11:01pm On Jan 13, 2020
There is always a caveat or an escape route for any argument or arguments

Best bet is to completely avoid unnecessary arguments

(1) (Reply)

Video: A Visit To Okija Shrine (shrine Of Justice) / I Saw The Hand Of Jesus Christ In The Cloud / How To Pray In Odinala - Igbo Religion And Cosmology

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.